Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 15-03-2010, 12:08 PM   #21
nickb

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlorenz View Post
Yep, I've updated straight from original firmware to brightpoint's and I haven't followed netvigator instructions, just plugged device and started update. After about 10 minutes it was done. Simple as that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by narkoman View Post
btw - updated device on Windows 7 x64 - only double-click and wait some time. No any problems.
Thanks a lot for the info. I've successfully updated to the brightpointuk.co.uk firmware and finally I can change APN from the web admin panel.

Much better with the original Huawei firmware than both the "3" and the "netvigatoreverywhere". Not only everything is unlocked now but also the lights scheme and patterns make more sense now. E.g., when you are on GPRS/EDGE the M-light is green (didn't do that on 3-firmware), ALL lights go off after a while (not like the netvigatoreverywhere where the M-light was always on or flashing) etc.
nickb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2010, 09:59 PM   #22
adlorenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickb View Post
Much better with the original Huawei firmware than both the "3" and the "netvigatoreverywhere". Not only everything is unlocked now but also the lights scheme and patterns make more sense now. E.g., when you are on GPRS/EDGE the M-light is green (didn't do that on 3-firmware), ALL lights go off after a while (not like the netvigatoreverywhere where the M-light was always on or flashing) etc.
"M" light is always green whenever you're get into GPRS/EDGE coverage, even with original firmware, but point is that 3UK don't have own 2G coverage, hence you've probably couldn't see this light ever go green with 3UK SIM card inside. :)
adlorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2010, 08:51 AM   #23
nickb

Ah yes, it makes sense
nickb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 02:56 PM   #24
amf14

Very informative thread!

I used the ALTERNATIVE version on my unlocked E5830 as changing the APN is available via web access. I also tried the Original version and the netnavigatoranywhere version but they doesn't support APN changes via web (there's no "dial-up settings" option under "Advanced Settings").

Thanks a lot!!!
amf14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 05:12 PM   #25
flextel

Exclamation Kaspersky's Virus scanner can fail update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
Hi I followed these instructions and fried a modem! This happened because the update failed mid way through and despite trying several times I was left with a useless piece of plastic. (Message was very helpful: 'An unexpected error has occured'!)

Determined to get the functionality I was after I got another one, and this time I researched the process. Don't follow the instructions above!!!! These seem to have an important stage missing. If you go to a Japanese carrier's site not only can you download the software, but you can also donwload the flashing instructions. In sumnmary, there is a stage where you have to hold the Power and Connect key for two seconds until two lights appear, then hard reset, cancel the update process, then re-start. All seems a bit magical, but I followed this and managed to update a second modem in a few minutes with no problems at all.

The site to go to is netvigatoreverywhere.com.

Good luck!
Exactly the same problem, use the life-saving 2 button reset and so on re-running flasher program was able to see modem, but flash status was now blank. Despite this "breakthrough" the flash process failed everytime at about the same point with the same unhelpful message.

So in desperation I turned off my Virus scanner (Kaspersky Internet Protection version 8.0.0.454). Reset modem, restart flash program and bingo back in business with all the goodies as promised.

So I suggest you turn off your virus scanner & don't do anything else on your PC when waiting for the flash to finish.

What a complex web we weave!

Last edited by flextel; 14-06-2010 at 05:14 PM.
flextel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2010, 06:37 AM   #26
snow999

Default E5830 restart

I Have E5830 since i change the sim from zain to viva the moden continue restarting some time every 1, 5 mintes or 1 hour i have tried all the firmware available but no use make reset several time any body facing the same problem .

thanks
snow999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2010, 01:22 PM   #27
smoke n mirrors

I have no experience with either of the providers you mention. I haven't noticed any post mentioning your issue either I'm afraid.

I think the first option to explore, would a forum discusses or supporting the provider in question. If you know someone, with a sim from another provider you could test your unit with their sim.

Sorry I can't offer more useful advice.

And you thought you were free...read this http://freedom-school.com/mary_elizabeth_croft.pdf
'79 winter of discontent - '09 summer of mass dissent?Maybe next year.

Last edited by smoke n mirrors; 17-07-2010 at 01:24 PM.
smoke n mirrors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #28
zibri

Talking

If you need to unlock the E5830 or the E585, visit http://www.zibri.org

Regards,
Zibri
zibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2010, 05:50 PM   #29
snow999

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke n mirrors View Post
I have no experience with either of the providers you mention. I haven't noticed any post mentioning your issue either I'm afraid.

I think the first option to explore, would a forum discusses or supporting the provider in question. If you know someone, with a sim from another provider you could test your unit with their sim.

Sorry I can't offer more useful advice.

Thanks smoke n mirrors for your response the new sim i use now is for viva.bh they are using the latest HSPA network LTE speeds up to 21.1 Mbps very high speed and the most advanced technology in the middle east if i set the modem to gsm only it will work very smooth, in the past i was using zain its normal network but now most of the provider in my country upgrade to 21mbps network so expect more complant from e5830 owner unless the firmware update for this router .
snow999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2010, 09:41 PM   #30
lumalee

I have unlocked my 5830 from 3UK and put my Orange simcard from my datadongle in the MiFi unit, but it wont connect at all, I get the green antenna icon, the blue W icon and the M is light blue and flashing, press and hold the "connect button" and the M light flashes green a few times then goes back to slow flash blue and my iPad connects vi WiFi but no net coverage, I am using orangeinternet as the APN. Anyone give me any pointers on how to get it running pls.
Regards
Lee

Last edited by lumalee; 19-07-2010 at 09:41 PM.
lumalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2010, 09:58 PM   #31
smoke n mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumalee View Post
I have unlocked my 5830 from 3UK and put my Orange simcard from my datadongle in the MiFi unit, but it wont connect at all, I get the green antenna icon, the blue W icon and the M is light blue and flashing, press and hold the "connect button" and the M light flashes green a few times then goes back to slow flash blue and my iPad connects vi WiFi but no net coverage, I am using orangeinternet as the APN. Anyone give me any pointers on how to get it running pls.
Regards
Lee
Are you sure you're within the coverage area of the orange service?

This is quite a good resource for 3g service related info 3G Forum

And you thought you were free...read this http://freedom-school.com/mary_elizabeth_croft.pdf
Old 20-07-2010, 10:19 PM   #32
flickflack

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumalee View Post
Regards
Lee
Have you ever got your SIM card working? It sounds like a faulty SIM card the way it won't connect. Otherwise you would have had constantly blue or green light, instead of these lights flashing.
flickflack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 10:58 PM   #33
vice552

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke n mirrors View Post
Update (alternative FW)

There is a new (alternative) software update for the Huawei E5830 - E583x.

Hardware Version: WLC2GCPU
Software Version: 666.11.00.20.112sp05
Available from http://blog.brightpointuk.co.uk/ article and FW link http://blog.brightpointuk.co.uk/Huaw...irmware-update

It now gives you access to the Web admin page @ http://192.168.1.1

The update reported errors but seems to be working OK for me! I haven't spent any time testing the functionality...my MAC filter info was retained in the update.

Information only:
The unit I have done this on is a three.co.uk locked device! The device was running the firmware version 716.11.17.07.108SP02 from netvigatoreverywhere.com.

Original Version: 666.11.17.07.108SP02 No access to web admin.
Alternative Ver: 666.11.00.20.112sp05 Access to web admin but old version.
*netvigatoreverywhere: 716.11.17.07.108SP02 Access to web admin with a battery state indicator in browser and later version.

The netvigatoreverywhere web admin has a battery state indicator, plus it's a newer version. I will be going back to it, as there seems to be no advantage with the new alternative, apart from better graphic presentation. The Alternative may help some people, who have had the netvigator update fail at the mid point.

If you have an unlocked unit the alternative version is a nice solution, it will give you enhanced functionality even though it's an older version.

Three UK are supposed to be releasing a firmware update, that will allow mac filtering as well as access to web admin page. It is pending approval by three apparently.

E583x FAQ's http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwid...Id=50&pId=3185

Hello,

I've a big problem.
I've applied 716.11.17.07.108SP02 firmware on my E5830. But this firmware was not better and I has wanted to apply the previous firmware : 666.11.00.20.112sp05
The setup has failed and my E5830 is blocked.
Impossible to switch on, no led on, nothing...

Help me ! What can I do ?

Thanks !
vice552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 11:11 PM   #34
smoke n mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by vice552 View Post
Hello,

I've a big problem.
I've applied 716.11.17.07.108SP02 firmware on my E5830. But this firmware was not better and I has wanted to apply the previous firmware : 666.11.00.20.112sp05
The setup has failed and my E5830 is blocked.
Impossible to switch on, no led on, nothing...

Help me ! What can I do ?

Thanks !
You can try reading this post from this thread hopefully the answer is there. It will give you links at the foot of the post. It also explains OS issues and reset functions. If you read the previous post you will see comments from other users with reset issues etc. http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=10

You can also try removing the battery and sim, replace the battery and power on then replace the sim again.

Hope that helps,

Last edited by smoke n mirrors; 22-07-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 22-07-2010, 11:45 PM   #35
vice552

Thanks !
It has worked with your link and the firmware E5838Update_716.11.17.10.111SP01.exe.
But no way to come back at the 666.11.00.20.112sp05 version ???

Last edited by vice552; 22-07-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old 22-07-2010, 11:52 PM   #36
smoke n mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by vice552 View Post
Thanks !
It has worked with your link and the firmware E5838Update_716.11.17.10.111SP01.exe.
But no way to come back at the 666.11.00.20.112sp05 version ???
You can use either file linked to in this thread to flash the unit! So yes you can go back to 666.11.00.20.112sp05.

You can't flash back to the factory supplied original firmware - because it has never been released AFAIK.

Last edited by smoke n mirrors; 22-07-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old 22-07-2010, 11:56 PM   #37
vice552

I've tried again and this time, it's ok !
I don't know what was going on the first time.

Thanks a lot !
Old 23-07-2010, 12:00 AM   #38
smoke n mirrors

Great glad you got there in the end.

Old 23-07-2010, 01:06 AM   #39
rreeve

I've had a dongle usb broadband on 02, T-Mobile, three and vodafone in the past and each one I got the package with the highest allowance and top speed.
All of them are total garbage and a complete waste of money unless you commute on public transport for about an hour each day and you need to work online. I can't think of any other situation when they would be useful.
rreeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 01:53 AM   #40
smoke n mirrors

One good thing is it's a dynamic IP which is sitting behind a NAT layer.
The other thing you can have 247 broadband for 30 days for 15 3gb.
BT want 11 for line rental alone!
You have a broadband connection when your over the hills and far away provided you get hooked in to a cell.
You can pretty much give 24/7 website support or manage hosting accounts, from anywhere.
You can offer remote desktop support as above.
Oh and of course you have VOIP while your out and about, no mobile phone charges.

With the unit being discussed here, you can have upto five units all sharing the connection, or you can just use it for a small and portable mobile wireless network.

The only downside is if you're a download junkie or you want to watch/listen to lots of streamed media.

I get my monies worth! Apart from the odd slow spell and a very occasional outage or being in an out of service area I have no complaints.

Screw BT, Virgin etc.

Telco cost is 15 PM all in

Last edited by smoke n mirrors; 23-07-2010 at 01:57 AM.