Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Nutrition / Diet / Alternative Therapies / Healing
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2010, 09:11 PM   #1
morphal

Default Natural tooth health & avoiding root canals?

There's a book called 'Money by the Mouthful' by Dr. Robert Nara who was apparently persecuted for coming out with the info on natural oral health and hygeine, some 30 years ago...

It's for sale online and on amazon, and if you search you might be able to find it in an online library, along with its companion book How To Become Dentally Self-Sufficient.

The main principles of natural oral health and no more cavities, gum problems or general decay are actually deceptively simple... brush, floss and rinse!

If you're like me, maybe you think you're already doing it? But when I read the book I realized it was true I brush haphazardly and probably only 15-30 seconds, twice a day, and when I floss nightly, it's also very quick. I never rinsed.

The principles are this: brush for 2 whole minutes. Polish every area of your teeth - concentrate on each section separately (ie. molars tops, then one side, then the other). Take special care with the right side if you're right-handed, it's noticed that people generally get more cavities on that side because it's more awkward to brush there.

Floss before or after you brush (only need to do the whole routine once a day preferably before bed) - but floss for a good several seconds at least between teeth. Dental tape is preferable to floss.

Rinsing - salt water and baking soda is the best - 1 tsp ea. to a small cup of water, should last a few days probably. The salt and baking soda each separately are very helpful for oral hygeine, and especially after you brush...

The main point that is made is that in his dental practice, he would test saliva for lactobacillus acidophilus bacteria. When a patient would first come in, the levels would uniformly be skyhigh. After practicing better oral hygeine, it would come down to under 8000 ppm and after this there was NO MORE tooth decay or problems!!! It really is that easy. Another very helpful add-on to flushing this bacteria from your mouth is an oral irrigator like a waterpik.

Just a few things to add. Oil of Oregano and Clove essential oil are both excellent for your teeth... both contain eugenol... it eliminates pain and swelling (great for a toothache) as well as gets rid of the bacteria that is responsible for tooth decay.

I have a book on Oil of Oregano and noticed one account of someone avoiding a root canal, he'd an infection and was scheduled to go in for a root canal in just a few days, he saturated a bit of cotton with an olive oil/Oil of Oregano blend, and stuck it in his cheek next to the tooth. By the time he went to the dentist, the infection was gone. No root canal needed!

Root canals should be a last alternative and it's almost certain many are done needlessly - either the root is not dead but the dentist says it is - or the infection can be cleared up quickly with these natural methods.

See: http://mizar5.com/root.htm

I'm focusing on the root canal issue but this oral hygeine routine is major for gum disease which is a big problem ...

I have fillings from childhood which needed to be replaced quite a while ago... I dragged my feet and ended up with one that is a bit loose, loose enough to allow bacteria to get in there and cause a mild toothache. I made an appointment with my dentist for 2 weeks from now to replace the filling and was told by the receptionist that I might probably need a root canal. This was scary (fear-based medicine or what).

I did my research and learned my symptoms were minor and not indicative of the root being dead. I only had a very mild bit of an ache and sensitivity to cold fluids. I bought some clove oil, and then found and devoured the book by Nara. I started by applying a few drops of clove oil to a q-tip and swiping it over the tooth with the filling, that got rid of the pain on contact (as well probably started healing the infection), but at first the pain would return after a while.

I read the book Monday night and started brushing & flossing for longer and doing the salt/baking soda rinse, and that's only been a couple of days. As of yesterday pain has not returned although I still do apply the clove oil and/or an oil of oregano swab a couple of times a day, that's just to keep aggressively fighting any infection and no longer for pain relief. After reading up on oil of Oregano and added 3 drops of it to my mouth rinse just last night... overall, I'm just amazed with the dramatic results of these steps, only started on Monday and within a day, no pain. I'm pretty sure the salt, baking soda, and Clove/Oregano has cleared up the infection... when I go to the dentist, I will have my filling replaced and that's IT. No root canal.

I will go in there educated and if he starts trying to frighten me with talk of a root canal, I will ask for the proof that it's necessary with the 5 tests mentioned in the article I linked to above. I am glad I educated myself and learned how to clear out the infection before going in and possibly being terrified into a drastic dental procedure which would have been entirely unneccesary!

Anyway wanted to pass along some of the basic info on how to reduce the bacteria in your mouth, heal gum disease, and avoid root canals. Floss and brush well, rinse with salt/baking soda and Oil of Oregano (the oil of oregano added to the rinse is my own thing not in the book but I don't think it could be harmful at all only helpful even if you're not fighting a specific infection), and, I think an oral irrigator is a very good thing. I'll be buying one myself, but so far even just doing what I've done has seemed to be enough and if I order it in, I probably won't be able to add oral irrigation in time to see if that also helps in case of fighting an infection, it just seems that the simple steps I'm taking as of now are efficient. I'll report back after going to the dentist
morphal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:04 AM   #2
jolinemaria
Inactive

Thank you so much.
I will order the book.
I don't want to see no dentist no more in my life.
jolinemaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:34 AM   #3
morphal

Sweet. You're very welcome... Just a warning that the book gives, though you will prevent further disease, you may yet need to visit the dentist one more time to clear up past symptoms But overall, the message is you WILL become dentally self-sufficient,,, and after clearing up any leftover problems, you won't be needing the dentist You can also test your saliva yourself through mail order just to be sure your bacteria count is down where it needs to be.

Just wanted to add, the OP is just my interpretation, there is more in the book (the one that I read first was the one on becoming dentally self-sufficient, it's more the practical guide, the Money By the Mouthful is one I've only begun to read), I've left some out, just summed up what I personally saw as most important, and added a bit of my own twist with the oils...

A personal update: it's been 48 hours now, and I'm amazed to find as of tonight - not only is the minor pain gone, now my tooth's sensitivity to cold is decreased by about 90%. It's so simple... and works so well... astounding.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:50 AM   #4
gu3rr1lla

here's the pdf folks http://www.2shared.com/file/10508533..._MOUTHFUL.html
gu3rr1lla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:20 PM   #5
morphal

Thanks!!! It's an excellent read so far. It's so annoying though, when I started worrying about alternative tooth health found this info, and did exactly what the book suggests and discussed my findings about proper oral hygeine and prevention with a girlfriend to help educate someone else on the basics, she basically just ignored it, didn't ask me any questions, didn't engage at all, didn't care. Guess she'll just keep her mouth full of bacteria and disease and decay, and keep listening to the authoritative words of the scamming dentist.

That's why I like this forum... I can spout off about alternative stuff, post on my current obsession, read about alternative stuff, learn lots, and in general people listen and care. This same friend told me she'd decided against the H1N1 vaccine - shocker - but at the same time has her baby all up to date with her childhood vaccination schedule and even enrolled in a vaccination study where she gets extra vaccinations - WTF??? How can a person realize the H1N1 vaccine is unnecessary... and at the same time... believe everything their doctor tells them?
Old 07-01-2010, 10:16 PM   #6
gorgeousgertie

excellent,look forward to reading!
Old 07-01-2010, 10:18 PM   #7
morphal

toothy grin
Old 08-01-2010, 08:43 AM   #8
jolinemaria
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gu3rr1lla View Post
Downloaded and printed it.
Won't have time to read until next week.
But I do look forward to it.
Thank you!
jolinemaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:45 AM   #9
aussieaussie

thankyou so much for this. cheers.
aussieaussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:16 AM   #10
tenzingnorgay
Inactive

Brushing, flossing etc are worthless if you don't have proper nutrition. And if your nutrition is good, brushing flossing etc will not have much effect.

It's all about vitamins A, D and K2. Check out Weston Price.
tenzingnorgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:36 PM   #11
morphal

Thanks Tenzingnorgay...

I recall possibly in the advert for Nara's book that Price was mentioned as having missed one essential element for dental health...

I haven't come across the mention of him in the book. I'm aware of Price and his research. I would guess that what he was missing was simply the presence of bacteria - the lacto and the streptocaccus - in the mouth as the basis for disease, and simple effective oral hygeine as the answer for preventative health.

Certainly vitamins and good nutrition play a huge role... but I can reverse your statement back to you - all the vitamin D, K and A in the world and all the raw milk and grassfeed beef won't help your dental health if you don't get rid of the harmful bacteria in your mouth on a daily basis
Old 10-01-2010, 01:37 PM   #12
cedric

I had agonizing toothache resulting from an abccess forming because one of my two fillings fell out.The dentist refilled the cavity but left some infection in.After a day of agony i thought fuck it out came the mms.Took 10 drops every two hours and brushed teeth and gums with mms within a day the ache had gone and within another day tooth was no longer sensitive to touch.I saved myself expensive root canal and saved the tooth and the abcess was totally eliminated.I was amazed and can see how big pharma really do not want it to get popular with people as it pisses all over the antibiotics that are given
cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:57 PM   #13
morphal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedric View Post
I had agonizing toothache resulting from an abccess forming because one of my two fillings fell out.The dentist refilled the cavity but left some infection in.After a day of agony i thought fuck it out came the mms.Took 10 drops every two hours and brushed teeth and gums with mms within a day the ache had gone and within another day tooth was no longer sensitive to touch.I saved myself expensive root canal and saved the tooth and the abcess was totally eliminated.I was amazed and can see how big pharma really do not want it to get popular with people as it pisses all over the antibiotics that are given
That's awesome! It's amazing how fast you can heal from tooth infections once you get rid of the bacteria. MMS is a fantastic idea. It's sad that many people have had root canals being unaware of the ability to rapidly clean out the infection. I assume some people are given antibiotics which probably don't do the job most of the time... but clearly it is effective to use safe germ-killing treatments within the mouth itself, as something to brush with, apply topically, or rinse. MMS internally and externally is a good idea and something I wouldn't have thought of for my teeth! I might try it... but I do hate the taste of that stuff!!

As far as how my infected tooth is progressing - within the first day, the pain had gone, by the second, the sensitivity to cold 90% improved. Now I noticed after about 4 days, the sensitivity to cold had almost completely gone and was only noticeable if I really concentrated on it. Also on the 4th day I had a bit of a sore throat and neck so also used my rinse as a gargle, I felt the infection was being in its last stages of being flushed out and killed off.

And it's off to the dentist in 10 days.

I read in the book last night about how if you have your teeth professionally cleaned every 2 weeks, studies have shown, that's all you need to do to avoid dental disease. That's impressive. I believe he speaks of a tooth polisher you can use to do professional style cleanings every two weeks at home.

I hope I can get a saliva test at my dentists... I know that brushing, flossing, and rinsing with baking soda/salt/oil of oregano along with a couple topical applications of clove oil is working effectively, and I would like to see if I really got my mouth bacteria under, I think it is -- 7 000 parts per millilitre. Or millimeter? At any rate, that is a very simple and basic oral hygeine routine and if it works 100% it would be nice to know.

Either way I will definitely add an oral irrigator, magnetic one that attaches to the faucet, to my routine, because flossing can be tiresome and this does a lot more than floss. I've heard of people who haven't done much else besides use an oral irrigator daily who have become totally free of dental problems.

If it's this easy, why do we get cavities, gum problems, lose our teeth? What's the deal with commercial mouthwash? Does it actually kill the germs effectively and help your mouth the way the natural rinse (and the MMS) does? I wonder...
Old 10-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #14
cedric

Good to hear you had success with your teeth.I have found with brushing my teeth with mms has left my teeth amazingly clean and my whole mouth pristine and it lasts, only need to brush my teeth with mms 2 or 3 times a week.My uncle had a bad abcess and went to the dentists who gave him some antibiotics he looked at the possible side affects one was bleeding from the rectum and said fuck that threw them over the hedge.He said i will try your mms again within 2 days he was well on to recovery.It is interesting that given the blaze of mouthwashes and so on tooth damage is strong as ever maybe something will drop.A few people on the island where i live now are using and spreading the word about the safety and effectiveness of mms
Old 10-01-2010, 09:01 PM   #15
morphal

Very cool! I will brush my teeth now with MMS 2-3 times/week! So you just activate a bit and put it on your toothbrush then?

I am going to keep my eyes open now for info about commercial mouthwashes. My guess is they're ineffective and that's why they're mainstream, however at the the same time, I was never encouraged or taught to use mouthwash every day and I never have, so I wonder if people who actually DO do that have managed to beat the bacteria, or not.

Brushing with MMS sounds at least as good as getting a professional tooth cleaning every 2 weeks. It's nice we can as laypeople find effective ways to expand on the techniques to keep your mouth's bacteria at a healthy level.

I saw some toothpaste at a natural dentistry type of website that is supposed to help with re-mineralization. It's about $12 or so. I'll probably get that.

http://mizar5.com/Restore.html

I figure, keeping your mouth clean is preventative and healing, and it will probably be helpful to add a little extra boost for your teeth to become even stronger as well.

I suppose this is something raw milk is known for as well?
Old 10-01-2010, 10:21 PM   #16
cedric

Just ten drops and 50 drops lemon juice 3 mins and then fill glass half or quarter full with water pour a little over toothbrush and brush gently teeth and gums and rinse and gargle whats left in the glass and hey presto one healthy mouth
Old 10-01-2010, 10:34 PM   #17
morphal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedric View Post
Just ten drops and 50 drops lemon juice 3 mins and then fill glass half or quarter full with water pour a little over toothbrush and brush gently teeth and gums and rinse and gargle whats left in the glass and hey presto one healthy mouth
Lovely - good directions. I will start tonight.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:09 PM   #18
morphal

Just a few notes - later I will come back and post a cliff notes version of the theories and practical applications of Dr. Nara - I haven't put all the points together coherently in this thread and as such have done a bit of a diservice - it will just take a bit of time to summarize some points in a more orderly and researched way to bring up all of the points in one place and not leave anything out.

I went to use my MMS last night but the top of the rubber eye-dropper seems to have corroded or degraded somehow. I posted a question about this in the MMS sticky but so far no reply. I am guessing it has something to do with the 2 heat waves in the summer where for a few days it would have been at least 34 degrees c. That may have caused some fumes - I just wasn't sure if my MMS was safe to use after seeing the rubber top of the bottle all caved in and with tears. What do you think cedric?

I picked up some dental tape for the first time yesterday and it is quite different than floss - not so much in appearance but in effect. It is really deeply effective and takes less time than flossing... my mouth felt professionally clean just by adding the dental tape and then brushing and rinsing with the baking soda/salt/oil of oregano solution. I haven't even brushed my teeth yet today and can see by how clean my mouth feels how this could be just a once a day thing. I could just use a bit of rinse but not bother to brush again until tonight and feel way cleaner than I would normally feel with my old routine.

Was feeling a bit of pain deeper in the area yesterday, in my jaw and neck. I think perhaps there is more infection, deeper, that is still being worked on. I probably should take the MMS internally for a couple of weeks as well.

Ok, I'll be back later with my cliff notes version of the theories and applications in Nara's 2 books.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:49 PM   #19
baxter

Great info thanks
baxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:13 AM   #20
cedric

My mms bottle is different flip the lid and theres a wee hole in the top for drops to come out.If the mms is kept in the fridge or somewhere cool it will be fine it wont go off if kept out of direct sunlight and cool.You might need to get another dropper from the chemist should get one no problem and then you can start shifting the infection good style