Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 18-07-2009, 12:02 AM   #1
pepsirat

Default Can you trust your spirit guide?

Hi, dose anyone here talk to their spirt guides and how do you know you can trust them. Sorry if this is a strange question iv just been thinking about it alot latly. Iv been reading alot of threads about the afterlife and how it might be a con once you get to the other side.

And i have always belived in an after life and recarnation. I have taro radings were they have comunicated with past love ones no dout because they knew things you carnt make up. Though i have had reading that would not convince anyone.

Now back to my point how come they never tell you if your on the right track with conspiracies. I dont know anyone whos spirit guide has told them anything about conspiracies but why. I think next time i go for a reading ill ask them. But even if they did tell you, how do you know you can trust them?
Is it a feeling you get?

Sorry if my post is a bit scatty its how my brain is and im typing how i think plus very sleepy lol.
pepsirat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 08:16 AM   #2
budgeebird

Pepsi, that's a bit of a hard question. I can not say i can relate exactly to what you are feeling, since i don't know who your spirit guide is, but IMHO there are many entities one can call a "spirit guide". It may be a crystal such as a garnet or tourmaline that may be watching out for you, or it could be a dead person, or it could be a genuine disincarnate spirit whom Muslims call "jinns", or it could be that you are "owned" by an entity of some sort. The last option can sound quite unsettling, but it does happen. You can feel if the stone or the entity that "owns" you loves you. With dead people it is also possible to read their emotions if you talk to them directly. "Jinns" though are very independant minded and may want something from you. It's up to you to trust someone or not. Just use common sense

-budgee
budgeebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 08:51 AM   #3
boots

Yes I trust my spirit guides.

They are not here to be a baby sitter, and spoon feed you information. Thats up to us, we have free will. When there are times of great danger that will effect your life's path. Then there can be interventions. Such as, getting a feeling that you should not travel that route to work or become involved with a certain type of person.

Originally Posted by bendoon
The white race is the only race that isn't racist.Originally Posted by bendoonall the most intelligent people in history have been racist .

boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 09:51 AM   #4
nectars

I'd be careful when working with them unless you really know what your doing or have some guidelines about how to work with them. There are such entities as "False guides" which will give you dissinformation depending on what they think you want to hear. These though opperant are not true guides. If your wanting to do this safely I'd recommend you get a copy of "Edwin C. Steinbrecher's - The Inner Guide Meditation".

Hope this helps.

Edit: Heres a snippit of it from google books.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=C...ide+Meditation

Last edited by nectars; 18-07-2009 at 09:54 AM.
nectars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 09:58 AM   #5
jammasterj13
Inactive

Why would you wanna contact a discarnate entity anyway?

If you have questions, just ask your self.

Last edited by jammasterj13; 18-07-2009 at 09:58 AM.
jammasterj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 10:22 AM   #6
geewhizz
Inactive

Trust No one apart from your Higher self.

There is only ONE higher self, any more than that, they are fragmentational manipulators.
geewhizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 11:28 AM   #7
somethinganonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsirat View Post
Hi, dose anyone here talk to their spirt guides and how do you know you can trust them. Sorry if this is a strange question iv just been thinking about it alot latly. Iv been reading alot of threads about the afterlife and how it might be a con once you get to the other side.

And i have always belived in an after life and recarnation. I have taro radings were they have comunicated with past love ones no dout because they knew things you carnt make up. Though i have had reading that would not convince anyone.

Now back to my point how come they never tell you if your on the right track with conspiracies. I dont know anyone whos spirit guide has told them anything about conspiracies but why. I think next time i go for a reading ill ask them. But even if they did tell you, how do you know you can trust them?
Is it a feeling you get?

Sorry if my post is a bit scatty its how my brain is and im typing how i think plus very sleepy lol.
I speak with my spirit guides, and it has caused me to be diagnozed with schizophrenia. I say I do not trust them one second...
somethinganonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 11:47 AM   #8
boots

I dont "speak" with my spiritual guides. There is no need to IMO. All I ask is help when I need to do a healing.

Originally Posted by bendoon
The white race is the only race that isn't racist.Originally Posted by bendoonall the most intelligent people in history have been racist .

boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 12:21 PM   #9
skyver

Quote:

Is it a feeling you get?

You put forward a very important question. I have thought about it time & time again myself. I've got a book somewhere & It talks about such matters & one article tells the story of a man who's psychic abilities started to open up. Then higher beings start to communicate with him. it ends up with them saying they want him to heal & help people etc. He doesn't think that he is up to the task so they tell him how they will set him up for it. He is told about the future that he will be at some sort riding event in a forest & that someone will fall of the horse & he must go over to heal & that they will work through to ease the pain of the person who fell. One the day it happens the person falls over just as the spirit guide said & he helped the person. Afterwards he asked the spirit some questions & the spirit admits to him that he MADE the lady fall! So this spirit is admitting to doing a bad event to make it look good! The man was so shocked that he cut all contact from this so called "guide" Now this story could be total truth or not, but it stuck with me. I read it in a book by timothy good who went round collecting accounts of the paranormal. So like you said, why do they not warn about conspiracies? Although david icke did mention that a spirit through a healer warned him about darkness spreading over the world?

Last edited by skyver; 18-07-2009 at 12:22 PM. Reason: spelling...
skyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #10
mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectars View Post
I'd be careful when working with them unless you really know what your doing or have some guidelines about how to work with them. There are such entities as "False guides" which will give you dissinformation depending on what they think you want to hear. These though opperant are not true guides. If your wanting to do this safely I'd recommend you get a copy of "Edwin C. Steinbrecher's - The Inner Guide Meditation".

Hope this helps.

Edit: Heres a snippit of it from google books.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=C...ide+Meditation

Yes, Nectars.

To be totally honest, I don't understand the need for such a guide when you have yourself. Anyone can act as a guide to you. But, to each their own.

It is my own personal belief that dark entities can pose as such spritual guides to us, to mislead us or whatever their purpose is. Some can be imposters not saying all but its highly likely. just be careful, people! look within for answers, your heart never lies to you.

Once, I visited a spiritual forum and I was rediculed for stating the above and I was only trying to be open-minded but they got defensive when I expressed my thoughts on spirit guides.

I asked one of them 'well, what has your spirit guide taught you?!' after he said he's had one for almost 15 years. He couldn't answer, he was hesitant.
Old 18-07-2009, 01:05 PM   #11
nectars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain View Post
Yes, Nectars.

To be totally honest, I don't understand the need for such a guide when you have yourself. Anyone can act as a guide to you. But, to each their own.

It is my own personal belief that dark entities can pose as such spritual guides to us, to mislead us or whatever their purpose is. Some can be imposters not saying all but its highly likely. just be careful, people! look within for answers, your heart never lies to you.

Once, I visited a spiritual forum and I was rediculed for stating the above and I was only trying to be open-minded but they got defensive when I expressed my thoughts on spirit guides.

I asked one of them 'well, what has your spirit guide taught you?!' after he said he's had one for almost 15 years. He couldn't answer, he was hesitant.

The book I mentioned actually shows methods of dealing with all the points you covered above. It's Occult teachings, so it doesn't rely on "faith" that you have the right guide. It shows you how to know you have, and how to avoid and test guides to make sure they are who they say they are. Regarding results, it's the most effective method for working with guides I've yet seen, though as a caveat', it's not for the faint of heart. Even though it is simple to learn, it deals with extremely powerful energies which can cause great harm if not used correctly.

That being said, I dont use it myself at the moment as my goal is not in that direction by way of that path.

The problem I see with the whole "listen to your heart" thing though, is that unless its done correctly it can also mislead poeple due to wrong interpretation or cunfusion with "gut feelings" which actually show up in both your Solar Plexus(seat of desire) and Heart Chakras(transmutation of energies). These "gut feelings" are not what people think they are, and certainly are not coming from a lovingness in my experience.

Last edited by nectars; 18-07-2009 at 01:11 PM.
nectars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 01:13 PM   #12
unusual_suspect
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain View Post
Yes, Nectars.

That's why I'm funny about the whole guides thing, there are so many trickster entities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectars View Post
The book I mentioned actually shows methods of dealing with all the points you covered above. It's actually Occult teachings so it doesn't rely on "faith" that you have the right guide. It shows you how to know you have and how to avoid and test guides to make sure they are who they say they are. Regarding results, it's the most effective method for working with guides I've yet seen, though as a caveat', it's not for the faint of heart even though it is simple to learn.

That being said, I dont use it myself at the moment as I use different techniques altogether. The problem with the whole "listen to your heart" thing though, is that unless its done correctly that can also mislead poeple due to wrong interpretation or cunfusion with "gut feelings" which actually show up in both your Solar Plexus(seat of desire) and Heart Chakras(transmutation of energies). These "feelings" are not what people think they are, and certainly are not coming from a lovingness in my experience.
I had an odd situation regarding recent health problems, when falling asleep or after meditation I was "shown" a mental image of something festering in my abdomen, right hand side.

This has happened a few times over the period of about 7 years, I brushed this aside as I was worried I may be going abit funny. But it turned out to be true. I told someone recently and they said it may have been one of my guides. I'm keeping an open mind on this whole subject.

Last edited by unusual_suspect; 18-07-2009 at 01:13 PM. Reason: typo
unusual_suspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 01:36 PM   #13
candykorn_85

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusual_suspect View Post
That's why I'm funny about the whole guides thing, there are so many trickster entities.

I had an odd situation regarding recent health problems, when falling asleep or after meditation I was "shown" a mental image of something festering in my abdomen, right hand side.

This has happened a few times over the period of about 7 years, I brushed this aside as I was worried I may be going abit funny. But it turned out to be true. I told someone recently and they said it may have been one of my guides. I'm keeping an open mind on this whole subject.
That sounds kinda scary.
Don't think I'd appreciate something 'festering' within me, to be honest! lol
candykorn_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #14
michael christopher

Well one, you can't really trust any voices you hear in your head. I know that about any decision I'm going to make, I get a bunch of different options, each option different than the last and each attempting to make itself sound like the most logical...

The truth is you shouldn't be "trusting" anything, just do some critical thinking and take action on whatever seems to take the most sense. You can get counsel from your spirit guides, but the question posed in the initial post still stands. Sometimes you can't tell the difference between a spirit guide and darker/malevolent entities. And sometimes what we view as outside forces are actually just internal forces that are self-destructive.

grace society
"Scrier" (my first novel)
michael christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #15
lewi

Arrow

Spirits will often hide who they are pretending to be that which you most seek so they can form a connection with you often reading your emotional state and feeding upon it like a child at a teet.
These invisible beings are very much real and they enter the the contactees unconscious all too easy when they are nolonger needed.

They know what your thinking and use the information you provide through your thoughts as a smoke screen, near all the spirits you contact are known as elementals with the ability to shape-shift
forms becoming your deceased relatives or somebody that the person they are interacting with feels comfortable being around.

Never forget that the spirit / elemental is only trying to fulfill the persons desires or fears it is not bound by right and wrong or good and evil it simply wants to serve and be nourished by you.

Last edited by lewi; 18-07-2009 at 03:07 PM.
lewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 03:13 PM   #16
tusme

Quote:

Is it a feeling you get?

Hi Pepsirat,

Our Spirit is exclusively Truth energy, meaning, it's (vibrational) "trustworthiness" is Infinite...!!

So, your question, re, "trust", should actually be directed at your Physical being...imho.

Furthermore, as the Spirit (energy) is Infinite, no Physical Dimension language/communication vibrations is required...

One simply has to "be still" with the Spirit (energy) for it to concentrate its connection with the Universe and the Spirit Dimension, which then, will seek to express itself in conjunction with whatever it is you're intending to experience, through your Physical being...that's to say, your Physical being can be trusted...!?

Good Luck!!

The Sane Hiker

Last edited by tusme; 18-07-2009 at 06:29 PM.
tusme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 03:30 PM   #17
merlincove
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
Yes I trust my spirit guides.

They are not here to be a baby sitter, and spoon feed you information. Thats up to us, we have free will. When there are times of great danger that will effect your life's path. Then there can be interventions. Such as, getting a feeling that you should not travel that route to work or become involved with a certain type of person.

What a great OP, and a very deserving point.

People do put a lot of faith in spirit guides.

One of my very first memories as a child was of speaking to a spirit guide, i was very comfortable with him, even tho no one else could see him. I was first aware of his being with me when i was very young, in my first year of this earth walk. Beholding a tall aboriginal warrior, naked but for a cloth around his waste, standing at my bedroom door might have been a scarry occurance were it not for childhood inocence. During my early life we went on many journeys together, in dream time and i learnt many, many things. I still remember vivid 'dreams' where i (seeing myself as i was as a child) was sitting around a campfire talking and understanding (even before i could talk in waking life) and learning. My first spoken word was aboriginy. My parents can not explain that. My guide even showed me, shedding the barriers of dimensional constraint / moving through time, periods of history that are recorded in the Koran. I recall a story from the Koran about Jesus creating animals from clay and breathing life into them, the story is not in the bible and 40 years ago there is no way i would have been aware of the koran through teachings at school or home or even from the tv, but i have a very vivid recal of this, and being ridiculed at school for asking a teacher about it - that isn't a bible story, i was told, it is made up! But i knew that it wasn't. I discovered the story a few years ago - it is one of three koran passages omitted from the christian bible!

i have absolute faith in my guides, i have learnt some great and fundamental truths from their teachings.

But like boots says, they are not there to carry us through life, but to provide divine pointers for us, it is up to us whether we choose to see those pointers.

i often say that hguides never ever tell us what to do, they never say you should do this or you should not do this. We are blessed with a divine covenance of free will and any guide who is trully with us to help us will honour that decree of divine will.

often guides tell me things, guarding me against dangerous encounters / journeys. Though they do not always warn me of encounters that lead to painfull situations, where i have trusted people who have hurt me or betrayed me in some way, these are my lessons to learn though, so i do n ot expect my guides to keep me in cotton wool, else i will not learn. But they are always there when i need them.

Most times my guides visit me to depart teachings and further my understanding, and i feel that this is one of their gifts to us, we just need to know how to understand their guidance is all.

Peace
merlincove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 04:20 PM   #18
unusual_suspect
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by candykorn_85 View Post
That sounds kinda scary.
Don't think I'd appreciate something 'festering' within me, to be honest! lol
The thing is, it was true, and if I had not been scared and dismissed this as my paranoia and/or being slightly unbalanced I may have gone to see a doctor and dealt with the health problem sooner. Hindsight is a marvelous thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlincove View Post
What a great OP, and a very deserving point.

People do put a lot of faith in spirit guides.

One of my very first memories as a child was of speaking to a spirit guide, i was very comfortable with him, even tho no one else could see him. I was first aware of his being with me when i was very young, in my first year of this earth walk. Beholding a tall aboriginal warrior, naked but for a cloth around his waste, standing at my bedroom door might have been a scarry occurance were it not for childhood inocence. During my early life we went on many journeys together, in dream time and i learnt many, many things. I still remember vivid 'dreams' where i (seeing myself as i was as a child) was sitting around a campfire talking and understanding (even before i could talk in waking life) and learning. My first spoken word was aboriginy. My parents can not explain that. My guide even showed me, shedding the barriers of dimensional constraint / moving through time, periods of history that are recorded in the Koran. I recall a story from the Koran about Jesus creating animals from clay and breathing life into them, the story is not in the bible and 40 years ago there is no way i would have been aware of the koran through teachings at school or home or even from the tv, but i have a very vivid recal of this, and being ridiculed at school for asking a teacher about it - that isn't a bible story, i was told, it is made up! But i knew that it wasn't. I discovered the story a few years ago - it is one of three koran passages omitted from the christian bible!

i have absolute faith in my guides, i have learnt some great and fundamental truths from their teachings.

But like boots says, they are not there to carry us through life, but to provide divine pointers for us, it is up to us whether we choose to see those pointers.

i often say that hguides never ever tell us what to do, they never say you should do this or you should not do this. We are blessed with a divine covenance of free will and any guide who is trully with us to help us will honour that decree of divine will.

often guides tell me things, guarding me against dangerous encounters / journeys. Though they do not always warn me of encounters that lead to painfull situations, where i have trusted people who have hurt me or betrayed me in some way, these are my lessons to learn though, so i do n ot expect my guides to keep me in cotton wool, else i will not learn. But they are always there when i need them.

Most times my guides visit me to depart teachings and further my understanding, and i feel that this is one of their gifts to us, we just need to know how to understand their guidance is all.

Peace
Have you ever had a visit from someone elses guide?
unusual_suspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 04:24 PM   #19
tusme

Good post Merlincove...!!

Indeed, the Spirit (being) is never seperate from the physical being...it only seems that way co's we, for whatever reasons, have chosen to "over-focus" our energies on this physical dimension's properties/principles, ie, free-will, relativity, duality, emotions, etc, etc...which of-course, ain't wrong at all...but, this "over-focussing" can potentially cause an imbalance in the harmony between the two beings...

As you most probably know, the Spirit (being) is on an Infinite Truth journey and is merely experiencing this Physical Dimension through the Physical being experiences...so, while the Physical being is doing whatever it chooses, the SPirit being simply has to continue it's Truth journey...regardless.

If however, this Physical being starts feeling the effects of the imbalance, ie, it's seperateness from the Spirit being, it will need to re-balance/re-synch it's own energies to co-incide with the Spirit's energy...that's to say, the Physical being wants for that to happen...otherwise, such a Physical being will simply move further and furter away from their Spirit energy...unfortunately.

And when that happens, it's anyone guess what such a Physical being would experience...more than likely a very negative one, imho.

Anyway, that my 2p worth...!

The Sane Hiker
tusme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 04:25 PM   #20
siriusc

I've always found this site useful, check out the additional links on the right hand side of the page. It's very useful in understanding what can happen in the process of guides contacting you and how you deal with it.

I agree our true spirit guide is our higher self but we all need to go through the process to understand and trust this.

http://kundalini-teacher.com/guidance/testgui.php
siriusc is offline   Reply With Quote