Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Ancient History / Forbidden Knowledge / History Rewritten
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #1
bardofely
Senior Member
 
bardofely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Marcos, Tenerife
Posts: 382
Default Atlantis found by Prof. Arysio Santos

At one point in my life several years back I was corresponding with the late Professor Arysio Nunes dos Santos who had spent over twenty years of his life investigating Atlantis. He came up with a new location for it and believed it was where Indonesia is now. Prof Santos maintained that everyone else had been looking in the wrong places.

He had a book published - Atlantis The Lost Continent Finally Found.

I have just published a hub about Prof Santos and his theories and it includes an interview he gave for TV in 1997 as well as a link to blogtalkradio where you can listen to Frank Joseph Hoff who worked with him on his book:

http://hubpages.com/_uq6h62db2t97/hu...tlantis-solved
bardofely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:46 AM   #2
moonflower
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Scotland, Land of Scots
Posts: 804
Default

I had heard it was in the Indian Ocean somewhere but that is just another theory.
moonflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:51 AM   #3
delamo1999
Senior Member
 
delamo1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Inside the Hollow Earth
Posts: 1,423
Default

I read several sources that Lemuria existed in the pacific ocean.
delamo1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:43 AM   #4
bardofely
Senior Member
 
bardofely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Marcos, Tenerife
Posts: 382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonflower View Post
I had heard it was in the Indian Ocean somewhere but that is just another theory.
What makes a theory no longer one?

Shouldn't all theories be examined in a search for truth?

This one was by a leading scientist and academic, who had been a sceptic when he started out and was seeking to disprove the reality of Atlantis, which makes it all very different anyway, and the Professor encountered a lot of opposition to his work.
bardofely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:30 AM   #5
mind1universe
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: wherever I roam.
Posts: 1,820
Default

I believe he is confusing atlantis with Lemuria.


Yes hes right,but hes talking about Lemuria. ATLANTIS = ATLANTIC. This makes him retarded now with this logic in plain view.if if it was called the INDIANTIC then I would believe everything he said was correct. Atlantis existed near the Midrdge to the grand Canaries! The sea levels were far lower, meaning that a present day map of grand canaria would be 3 times the size. Also Half of Atlantis was blown up by their own people before the great cataclysms. So this straight away means that it woud be been about the size of france if it was shown now with seal levels back to its original pre destructive era, the fact that the Cataclysm finished it off completely means it could very well be as massive as Turkey smack in the middle of the ocean. Poleshifts, and Ice caps other natural geological shaping would of given a very different view of the earth 12,000 years ago.

Last edited by mind1universe; 06-07-2009 at 02:31 AM.
mind1universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:18 AM   #6
bardofely
Senior Member
 
bardofely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Marcos, Tenerife
Posts: 382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind1universe View Post
I believe he is confusing atlantis with Lemuria.


Yes hes right,but hes talking about Lemuria. ATLANTIS = ATLANTIC. This makes him retarded now with this logic in plain view.if if it was called the INDIANTIC then I would believe everything he said was correct. Atlantis existed near the Midrdge to the grand Canaries! The sea levels were far lower, meaning that a present day map of grand canaria would be 3 times the size. Also Half of Atlantis was blown up by their own people before the great cataclysms. So this straight away means that it woud be been about the size of france if it was shown now with seal levels back to its original pre destructive era, the fact that the Cataclysm finished it off completely means it could very well be as massive as Turkey smack in the middle of the ocean. Poleshifts, and Ice caps other natural geological shaping would of given a very different view of the earth 12,000 years ago.
Not at all! Read the Prof's work, which you clearly haven't!

I quote from his FAQ which I recommend you have a look at - http://www.atlan.org/faq/#1:

"Everybody has been looking in the wrong locations, as Atlantis indeed lies in the opposite side of the world.

Lemuria, on the other hand, is an even older version of Atlantis..."

and:

Q: You claim Atlantis is located under the South China Sea. Is it not true that "if it is Atlantis, it is got to be located in the Atlantic Ocean"?

A: Yes, that is right. But the fact is that what we call by the name of "Atlantic Ocean" is not the same as that of the ancients. Herodotus, Aristotle, Plato, Strabo, and several other ancient authors are very specific on the fact that the "Atlantic Ocean" otherwise called "Ocean of the Atlanteans", "Outer Ocean", "Kronian Ocean", Mare Oceanum ("Ocean Sea") or Mare Magnum ("Great Sea") was indeed the whole of the "earth-encircling ocean". This Ocean surrounded the whole world then known, that of Eurasia and Africa. In other words, the Atlantic Ocean of the ancients was the World Ocean that is indeed coterminous and encircles the entire globe of the earth, and which we now arbitrarily divide into Pacific, Indian and Atlantic, despite the fact that all three are coterminous.

A quote from Aristotle, the great disciple of Plato, will show what we mean:

"Men have divided the inhabited earth into different islands and continents. But this is the result of their ignorance of the fact that the whole of it is an expanse surrounded on sides by the waters of the Atlantic Ocean". (De Mundo, III:18)
bardofely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:38 PM   #7
thelyran
Senior Member
 
thelyran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Home Is Where The Floor Is...
Posts: 3,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardofely View Post
At one point in my life several years back I was corresponding with the late Professor Arysio Nunes dos Santos who had spent over twenty years of his life investigating Atlantis. He came up with a new location for it and believed it was where Indonesia is now. Prof Santos maintained that everyone else had been looking in the wrong places.

He had a book published - Atlantis The Lost Continent Finally Found.

I have just published a hub about Prof Santos and his theories and it includes an interview he gave for TV in 1997 as well as a link to blogtalkradio where you can listen to Frank Joseph Hoff who worked with him on his book:

http://hubpages.com/_uq6h62db2t97/hu...tlantis-solved

...The definitive location of Plato's Atlantis...
Plato described Atlantis as being outside "the pillar of Hercules"...which means the Straits Of Gibralter...the gateway to the Atlantic ocean.This writer has very much erronously labeled Lemuria,even the site for it...Lemuria is plain to see with the Pacific Oceans ring of Islands...Nam Matoll
(spelling)...has massive temples,built with Basalt rock,problem is,the rock came from Chilli,thousands of miles away...
...But I'm not here to cause hassles,everyone has their theories...I just like to stick with the Plato model,the Bimini underwater walls/roads and various statues found in the area,depicting...white europeans...actual physical proof under the water.Regards sir.
__________________
"they're representatives of abstract forces who've reached power through surrender of self,the rulers of this most insecure of all worlds,are rulers by accident,in it,frightened pilots of control of a vast machine they can't understand,calling in experts to tell them which buttons to push"...William S Burroughs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgrrp1PnYcI
thelyran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:19 PM   #8
bardofely
Senior Member
 
bardofely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Marcos, Tenerife
Posts: 382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelyran View Post
...The definitive location of Plato's Atlantis...
Plato described Atlantis as being outside "the pillar of Hercules"...which means the Straits Of Gibralter...the gateway to the Atlantic ocean.This writer has very much erronously labeled Lemuria,even the site for it...Lemuria is plain to see with the Pacific Oceans ring of Islands...Nam Matoll
(spelling)...has massive temples,built with Basalt rock,problem is,the rock came from Chilli,thousands of miles away...
...But I'm not here to cause hassles,everyone has their theories...I just like to stick with the Plato model,the Bimini underwater walls/roads and various statues found in the area,depicting...white europeans...actual physical proof under the water.Regards sir.
The "Plato model" is where the Professor started and got a lot of his ideas from.
bardofely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:33 PM   #9
thelyran
Senior Member
 
thelyran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Home Is Where The Floor Is...
Posts: 3,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardofely View Post
The "Plato model" is where the Professor started and got a lot of his ideas from.
yes...and then he moved it half way around the world
No,this debate has been going for 60 years,rumoured to be,Antartica,Gobi Desert in Mongolia,other Meditterranean islands and in the astral plane...I stick by the old model...Atlantic ocean.regards.
__________________
"they're representatives of abstract forces who've reached power through surrender of self,the rulers of this most insecure of all worlds,are rulers by accident,in it,frightened pilots of control of a vast machine they can't understand,calling in experts to tell them which buttons to push"...William S Burroughs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgrrp1PnYcI
thelyran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:35 PM   #10
thelyran
Senior Member
 
thelyran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Home Is Where The Floor Is...
Posts: 3,226
Default

...also by what Freemasonary and Manly P Hall teach...in the Atlantic Ocean.
__________________
"they're representatives of abstract forces who've reached power through surrender of self,the rulers of this most insecure of all worlds,are rulers by accident,in it,frightened pilots of control of a vast machine they can't understand,calling in experts to tell them which buttons to push"...William S Burroughs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgrrp1PnYcI
thelyran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:11 PM   #11
bardofely
Senior Member
 
bardofely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Marcos, Tenerife
Posts: 382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelyran View Post
...also by what Freemasonary and Manly P Hall teach...in the Atlantic Ocean.
Did you have a look at Arysio's FAQ where point-by-point he explains how it could not be in those other locations and also what and where Lemuria was?

Personally I would prefer your version to be right because as per the Churchward maps that would mean I am living in what is left of Atlantis but I very much doubt it.
bardofely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #12
thelyran
Senior Member
 
thelyran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Home Is Where The Floor Is...
Posts: 3,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardofely View Post
Did you have a look at Arysio's FAQ where point-by-point he explains how it could not be in those other locations and also what and where Lemuria was?

Personally I would prefer your version to be right because as per the Churchward maps that would mean I am living in what is left of Atlantis but I very much doubt it.

...no,please don't credit me sir,this is the work of others and millions spent
investigating.Did you know,that some areas of the Atlantic sea floor has raised in the last 50 years,from a depth of 3,000 feet to just 1000 feet in the area of rumour...I find that fascinating,like Edgar Cayce's prophecy coming true.
...I have this book in front of me now,but the scanner and my PC don't like each other,I would love to find a way to reproduce this statue head,a
white woman,almost a valkyrie,you know that stereotypical look,with like a fish-scale dress.
But I admit,I never read the FAQ's,but will tomorrow,I got to get off this thing soon or ruin another day.
...but if the good doctor could provide physical evidence,to sway me...I will listen.There's rumoured to be ancient settlements in Australia,but I have'nt seen them yet...like too.Might back up this Lumeria claim...you take care sir,
maybe you are right...check it tomorrow,regards Jase.
__________________
"they're representatives of abstract forces who've reached power through surrender of self,the rulers of this most insecure of all worlds,are rulers by accident,in it,frightened pilots of control of a vast machine they can't understand,calling in experts to tell them which buttons to push"...William S Burroughs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgrrp1PnYcI
thelyran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:52 PM   #13
mind1universe
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: wherever I roam.
Posts: 1,820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardofely View Post
Not at all! Read the Prof's work, which you clearly haven't!

I quote from his FAQ which I recommend you have a look at - http://www.atlan.org/faq/#1:

"Everybody has been looking in the wrong locations, as Atlantis indeed lies in the opposite side of the world.

Lemuria, on the other hand, is an even older version of Atlantis..."

and:

Q: You claim Atlantis is located under the South China Sea. Is it not true that "if it is Atlantis, it is got to be located in the Atlantic Ocean"?

A: Yes, that is right. But the fact is that what we call by the name of "Atlantic Ocean" is not the same as that of the ancients. Herodotus, Aristotle, Plato, Strabo, and several other ancient authors are very specific on the fact that the "Atlantic Ocean" otherwise called "Ocean of the Atlanteans", "Outer Ocean", "Kronian Ocean", Mare Oceanum ("Ocean Sea") or Mare Magnum ("Great Sea") was indeed the whole of the "earth-encircling ocean". This Ocean surrounded the whole world then known, that of Eurasia and Africa. In other words, the Atlantic Ocean of the ancients was the World Ocean that is indeed coterminous and encircles the entire globe of the earth, and which we now arbitrarily divide into Pacific, Indian and Atlantic, despite the fact that all three are coterminous.

A quote from Aristotle, the great disciple of Plato, will show what we mean:

"Men have divided the inhabited earth into different islands and continents. But this is the result of their ignorance of the fact that the whole of it is an expanse surrounded on sides by the waters of the Atlantic Ocean". (De Mundo, III:18)

Atlantis is in the Atlantic, listen to your intuition and stop following the fucking bullshit.

No one is denying that there was culture on the south China sea, infact my intuition tells me thare was, its why Canbodia was inspired.

But it's insulting when we hear mindless crap where people like you worshipp theories from other people.


Atlantis was not in the Indian sea, south China sea or anywhere near there.

It was in the middle of the Atlantic.
mind1universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:02 PM   #14
bardofely
Senior Member
 
bardofely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Marcos, Tenerife
Posts: 382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind1universe View Post
Atlantis is in the Atlantic, listen to your intuition and stop following the fucking bullshit.

No one is denying that there was culture on the south China sea, infact my intuition tells me thare was, its why Canbodia was inspired.

But it's insulting when we hear mindless crap where people like you worshipp theories from other people.


Atlantis was not in the Indian sea, south China sea or anywhere near there.

It was in the middle of the Atlantic.
I was led by my intuition to move to this island and from whence I first found Arysio. I was following my intuition!

This was a man who spent over 20 years of his life researching the subject and had set out originally to disprove its existence. He was regarded as a "maverick" in the world of academia and opposed. I spent a long time corresponding with him and reading his work and all you can say is its "mindless crap!"

Why is it so wrong to have gone outside the box on this subject?

How can you be so sure of where it was? I cannot, and I have been looking into this mystery and many others for many years.
bardofely is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
atlantis, lost continent, mystery solved, professor arysio santos

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:02 AM.