Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Nutrition / Diet / Alternative Therapies / Healing
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 30-04-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
gu3rr1lla

Default Feeling dizzy after standing up

Sometimes after sitting down i stand up to get this dizzy feeling in my head. Feels like im going to black out. I cant see for about 10 seconds then everything comes back to normal. Has anyone ever gotten this? What is it and how do u combat it?

Last edited by gu3rr1lla; 30-04-2009 at 03:30 PM.
gu3rr1lla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
unusual_suspect
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gu3rr1lla View Post
Sometimes after sitting down i stand up to get this dizzy feeling in my head. Feels like im going to black out. I cant see for about 10 seconds then everything comes back to normal. Has anyone ever gotten this? What is it and how do u combat it?
Sounds just like low blood pressure to me, go and have it taken at the doctors if you are worried and then you will know for sure.

I have had the same thing, I also felt tired, cold and got dizzy walking up stairs, it was low blood pressure and was not serious.
unusual_suspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2009, 03:38 PM   #3
transient

yeah, its changes in the blood-pressure.... when you stand up your body is forced to push the blood a greater height to where your head is - takes a few seconds to settle.

I used to suffer from this terribly - now I dont abuse MDMA so often, its stoped!
transient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
mila

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusual_suspect View Post
Sounds just like low blood pressure to me, go and have it taken at the doctors if you are worried and then you will know for sure.

I have had the same thing, I also felt tired, cold and got dizzy walking up stairs, it was low blood pressure and was not serious.
Me too, since I was a child. They told me it is low bloodpressure as well, and a sudden change in that pressure when standing up too fast.

I had my blood tested, I suspected anaemia, but that wasn't the case.
The only advice I got is 'don't stand up too fast'

As you say -you almost blackout-, do you also see black and white spots, like a checkerboard in front of you? That is what I have and it does take about max. ten seconds and it lifts like a vertical curtain before I can see again.

Take care!
mila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #5
transient

Quote:
Originally Posted by mila View Post

As you say -you almost blackout-, do you also see black and white spots, like a checkerboard in front of you? That is what I have and it does take about max. ten seconds and it lifts like a vertical curtain before I can see again.
It can be quite scarey.... but i kindof like it aswell..... passing the point of conciousness.
transient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #6
jahzel
Inactive

head rush!!!

Last edited by jahzel; 30-04-2009 at 03:57 PM.
jahzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #7
infin8_possibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacidtek View Post
It can be quite scarey.... but i kindof like it aswell..... passing the point of conciousness.
Yeah I know what you mean, Ive blacked out from one of these "Headrushes" before. Its quite a perculiar experience...
infin8_possibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2009, 03:58 PM   #8
infin8_possibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahzel View Post
head rush!!!
Damn man, you beat me to it!
infin8_possibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2009, 04:29 PM   #9
mila

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacidtek View Post
nice way of putting it! It feels mysterious, yes.

Last year, I had a virus called "labyrinthitis" which is a virus in the inner-ear and it affects your balance.
(never heared of it before) It feels like you're in a caroussel all day.
I couldn't stand up for one second without throwing up

The black and white spots? I got used to them
Old 30-04-2009, 04:55 PM   #10
darketernal
Banned

Check into this also.

darketernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2009, 04:55 PM   #11
darketernal
Banned

Quote:
nice way of putting it! It feels mysterious, yes.

Last year, I had a virus called "labyrinthitis" which is a virus in the inner-ear and it affects your balance.
(never heared of it before) It feels like you're in a caroussel all day.
I couldn't stand up for one second without throwing up

The black and white spots? I got used to them
I feel for you there. I have bi-lateral meneire's disease myself so know what inner-ear problems are like.
Old 30-04-2009, 04:56 PM   #12
disorder2k8
Inactive

welcome to old age
disorder2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2009, 05:14 PM   #13
mila

Quote:
Originally Posted by darketernal View Post
I feel for you there. I have bi-lateral meneire's disease myself so know what inner-ear problems are like.
Meneire's disease....that's really more than unpleasant...
You handle that with medication?

When I had that virus, the first time I had an "attack" (that's how they called it) I thought I was going to die: 'the room' kept spinning and spinning and it wouldn't stop for fifteen minutes. Throwing up was a release, actually.

About the 'vaso-vagal-episode' you posted, interesting, I didn't know it was that when you faint after seeing/giving blood (now I know what I'm going to say if it happens again)

It's as if some people have loose heads or something. I'm dizzy when I look at the ceiling!
Old 30-04-2009, 05:16 PM   #14
unusual_suspect
Inactive

Quote:
My mother has meniers, not nice at all, do you know of any natural remedies for it or do you have any tips please?

Last edited by unusual_suspect; 30-04-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 30-04-2009, 05:21 PM   #15
darketernal
Banned

Quote:
My mother has meniers, not nice at all, do you know of any natural remedies for it or do you have any tips please?
No, I've not found anything that helps with it yet, other than just keeping my stress levels as low as possible, and my sodium intake very very low. No meds have been of any help,
Old 30-04-2009, 05:22 PM   #16
darketernal
Banned

Quote:
Meneire's disease....that's really more than unpleasant...
You handle that with medication?

When I had that virus, the first time I had an "attack" (that's how they called it) I thought I was going to die: 'the room' kept spinning and spinning and it wouldn't stop for fifteen minutes. Throwing up was a release, actually.

About the 'vaso-vagal-episode' you posted, interesting, I didn't know it was that when you faint after seeing/giving blood (now I know what I'm going to say if it happens again)

It's as if some people have loose heads or something. I'm dizzy when I look at the ceiling!

Yep I get the spinning room effect at least once a day. I've not vomited from it in a year though.
Old 30-04-2009, 05:24 PM   #17
unusual_suspect
Inactive

Quote:
No, I've not found anything that helps with it yet, other than just keeping my stress levels as low as possible, and my sodium intake very very low. No meds have been of any help,
Thanks, I'll ask her about sodium intake when she gets back from her holiday, I know she is on meds, but they don't stop her getting attacks, and you are definitely right about stress.
Old 30-04-2009, 05:27 PM   #18
darketernal
Banned

Quote:
Thanks, I'll ask her about sodium intake when she gets back from her holiday, I know she is on meds, but they don't stop her getting attacks, and you are definitely right about stress.
There is a strong corolation between higher levels of stress and more frequint and more sever vertigo attacks with Meneire's. Unfortunately I have it in both ears, so many of the treatment options available do not apply to me.

If they have her on a diuretic she has already been told to keep her sodium intake very low... which is very difficult to do if you eat ANY processed, packaged or canned foods.
Old 30-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #19
unusual_suspect
Inactive

Quote:
There is a strong corolation between higher levels of stress and more frequint and more sever vertigo attacks with Meneire's. Unfortunately I have it in both ears, so many of the treatment options available do not apply to me.

If they have her on a diuretic she has already been told to keep her sodium intake very low... which is very difficult to do if you eat ANY processed, packaged or canned foods.
My mum and dad both eat far too much fat and sugar and far too much in general. My dad has high blood pressure, smokes 60 a day and eats loads of pate, cheese and red meat.

I don't know if my mum is on a diuretic, do they usually prescribe it for meniers? She also has it both ears, I really feel for her, her health went down hill years ago when she first had ME.

I feel for you too man, I have seen how debilitating meniers has been for my mum.
Old 30-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #20
mila

Quote:
Yep I get the spinning room effect at least once a day. I've not vomited from it in a year though.

Wow.....that's hard. I know what it is to have that only for a few weeks....
I feel for you.

Puts mild dizziness in a different perspective!