Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Meditation / Human Consciousness / Spirituality / Ascension / 2012 Mayan Calendar
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2009, 04:38 PM   #1
nicole7

Default can anyone teach me transcendental meditation?

I've looked into the TM programs here in town and even as a student it's so expensive to learn. I've bought books on it, researched everything I can about it except for the actual how to technique. Does anyone here on this board know how to do it, and could you teach me? I'm very interested in learning TM, but I can't afford to learn it.
nicole7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 04:59 PM   #2
bornagain
Banned

try pirate bay they might have some tutorial audios

search phrases such as r. monroe, hemi sync I think i've seen something of this nature.

~Born Again
bornagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:48 PM   #3
somethinganonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornagain View Post
try pirate bay they might have some tutorial audios

search phrases such as r. monroe, hemi sync I think i've seen something of this nature.

~Born Again
I would stay far away from the hemisync programs by the monroe institute. they were co-created by the cia, and there's a whole lot of warnings in the workpamphlet about not doing the program unsupervised... I'd say, stay away...
somethinganonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:23 AM   #4
simmo

I tried Hemisync for a short while, nothing to report here, I was going through a lot of mental confusion at the time though which is unusual for me.
simmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:03 AM   #5
bagatell

What does hemisync have to do with meditation?
bagatell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:17 AM   #6
simmo

It's meant to help your brain go into the Alpha/Theta states etc which are what the brain is in during deep meditation/astral projection. You could call it a catalyst.
simmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:04 PM   #7
alrick888

Well if you can't afford TM I would recommend Holosync rather than Hemisync.
They have better customer service.

Mainland Europe reliable MMS1/MMS2 supplier

What some might call enlightenment, others will call depersonalization.
alrick888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:51 PM   #8
bornagain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinganonymous View Post
I would stay far away from the hemisync programs by the monroe institute. they were co-created by the cia, and there's a whole lot of warnings in the workpamphlet about not doing the program unsupervised... I'd say, stay away...

Well I actually have been doing it for a while and I have had more energy and am feeling less depressed, than usual.
but thanks for the warning I might look into that.

~Born Again
bornagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2010, 01:47 AM   #9
asevaaamas
Inactive

As far as I know, TM is just repeating a mantra.

I believe the TM organization is a huge scam. It's pretty obvious. I distrust any spiritual group that has a bunch of "scientists" offering so-called research into the validity of their claims. And that's exactly what TM does. You have the guru for the people who dig that, and the scientists for the people who dig that. It's a business.

However, the mantra meditation technique is not exclusive to TM and it's been a widespread practice in the east for thousands of years.

I will tell you the TM technique now for free. You don't need to pay $2000 to hear this man, I will give it to you for free.

Sit down somewhere quiet comfortably. Close your eyes gently and relax your entire body. In your mind, say the word Icke to yourself. Keep repeating it gently in your mind successively. Just flow with the thought of that word. Rest your attention on the thought of that word. Keep focusing on it until you find yourself feeling peaceful and detached from the outside world. That's it.

Obviously if you go to a TM center one of their "teachers" will give you an Indian word because TM is really just a secularized version of a particular branch of Hinduism Mahesh Yogi was from. So you might get a word like Hriiim, or Ommmm, or whatever.

Personally I wouldn't trust those teachers. Anyone can become a TM teacher. Mike Love from the Beach Boys is a TM teacher. That should tell you everything you need to know about how much bullshit is in TM, when some egotistic rockstar can be a teacher.

TM has "advanced" teachings you'll have to pay more money for but NONE OF IT is anything you can't find for free in books about meditation and yoga. Just research Patanjali, Buddhist writers, etc... it's all there. Mahesh Yogi was a charlatan and all his minions are fools.

TM is not deep meditation, it may quiet your mind a little but it won't lead to spiritual realization by itself.
asevaaamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2010, 01:49 AM   #10
asevaaamas
Inactive

Also - David Lynch is wayyyy into TM and this will influence many people to follow him and (pay) to learn TM.

I believe David simply "got lucky" and the TM technique just showed him a way to enter his inner mind and he mistakenly has been attributing this to Mahesh Yogi's spiritual genius all this time. It simply isn't so. I love Lynch and his films but he's a fool when it comes to TM. It's entirely possible that he gets paid by the TM organization to promote it as well. I don't trust him, despite how much I like him and his work.
Old 22-08-2010, 05:56 AM   #11
sustainable

There are Certified TM Teachers all over the US who are dedicated to finding loans, grants, scholarships to enable everyone to learn The Transcendental Meditation Technique regardless of their financial situation. Call the Toll Free number 888-LEARNTM on the website TM.org and you will find a TM teacher near you.

The TM Organization is a non-profit (5013c) organization and teaches The Transcendental Meditation Technique (TM.org) in many extremely poor countries around the world, as well as to people in need in the US

Personal instruction: the key to success.
Maharishi, the founder of the TM program, spent over 50 years elucidating the principles behind the Transcendental Meditation technique, always emphasizing the need for personal, one-on-one instruction:

“By necessity, the practice of Transcendental Meditation is imparted by personal instruction. It cannot be done through a book [or CD or online training] because it not only involves telling an aspirant how to experience the subtle states of thinking, but an even greater responsibility lies in finding out what the aspirant experiences when he proceeds on that path… The experiences on the path of Transcendental Meditation are very subtle… It takes a while for the beginner to be able to pinpoint his experiences of the subtle state of thought. The practice of Transcendental Meditation must always be given by the expert teachers of Transcendental Meditation who have been properly trained to give it and who have been trained to check the experiences.

“The checking of experiences is a vital point in the practice of Transcendental Meditation. Again, it cannot be done through books…by nature it is delicate and therefore highly technical. But under personal instruction and guidance the way is smooth and easy.“ [Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, The Science of Being and Art of Living (New York: Plume/Penguine Group, 1963/2001), p. 35-36]

The process of systematic “effortless transcending” is simple and easy, but also very, very delicate; so delicate that it was lost to society, East and West, for thousands of years simply because of misunderstanding and inadequate teaching methods

Maharishi revived correct practice of this technique and structured a systematic, standardized course of personal instruction to ensure that everyone everywhere can gain maximum benefit from meditation. Learning TM from a properly trained teacher was the best decision I ever made. Good luck to you
sustainable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2010, 09:45 AM   #12
mattzadak

search on the net for the relaxation response

its bare bones tm just the technique

http://www.relaxationresponse.org/steps/

meditation is experiencing different states of consciousness

relaxation is the way

visualization really really helps its just a fancy word for imagining

research brainwave states

we are usually in beta

then you go lower

alpha

theta

delta

epsilon

the more relaxed you are the more cool stuff happens

your body heals better

think clearer

heart rate slows

its like sleeping while you are awake

youll hear a million people tell you what to do

its just learning to relax
Old 22-08-2010, 10:48 AM   #13
hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole7 View Post
I've looked into the TM programs here in town and even as a student it's so expensive to learn. I've bought books on it, researched everything I can about it except for the actual how to technique. Does anyone here on this board know how to do it, and could you teach me? I'm very interested in learning TM, but I can't afford to learn it.
Im not here to tell you what (not) to do, but maybe you should do yourself a favor and take a look at this first:

http://www.behind-the-tm-facade.org/...sonal-lies.htm

http://www.rickross.com/reference/tm/tm169.html

http://brontebaxter.wordpress.com/wh...children-gone/

And for more in-depth:

www.rickross.com

http://tmfree.blogspot.com
hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2010, 01:29 AM   #14
asevaaamas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo View Post
Im not here to tell you what (not) to do, but maybe you should do yourself a favor and take a look at this first:

http://www.behind-the-tm-facade.org/...sonal-lies.htm

http://www.rickross.com/reference/tm/tm169.html

http://brontebaxter.wordpress.com/wh...children-gone/

And for more in-depth:

www.rickross.com

http://tmfree.blogspot.com
Interesting links. I figured as much of TM just from reading a bit about it myself and seeing how the followers are - i.e., David Lynch hosting conferences with "scientists" to, basically, sell TM.

One thing I disliked about some of those articles however is the dismissal of meditation along with the dismissal of the TM organization and Maharishi. In my opinion, what we call meditation, although dominant in Asian countries, has nothing to do with culture or race and is only appropriated by these and worked into their particular interpretation of things.
Old 23-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #15
hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by asevaaamas View Post

One thing I disliked about some of those articles however is the dismissal of meditation along with the dismissal of the TM organization and Maharishi. In my opinion, what we call meditation, although dominant in Asian countries, has nothing to do with culture or race and is only appropriated by these and worked into their particular interpretation of things.
I totally agree. But just for one rule of thumb I think one should keep in mind the age-old principle of not charging for spiritual instruction. It always seems like a red flag to me when people charge huge sums of money for it.

Last edited by hobo; 23-08-2010 at 12:35 PM.
hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2010, 09:34 PM   #16
infinite tea

Teach yourself - ALL the answers lie inside yourself.

Just meditate on your third eye - look into the space between your eyes, and ask with your heart to be shown the truth. The only thing you have to do is go where you are taken by your intuition and don't turn away from anything. It's all about allowing and letting go :-)

google third eye, carl sagan for an ebook you can use if your interested. Third eye meditation is brilliant - it's like plugging your self into the universal internet. It takes about a month of practice to activate the third eye/pineal gland, when activated it becomes magnetised and balances the left and right hemispheres of the brain.

theres loads on youtube and google.
infinite tea is offline   Reply With Quote