Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 18-03-2009, 01:31 AM   #1
impermanence
Inactive

Default Stanley Kubrick

Who Is Stanley Kubrick? Other than being a true genius of art and the greatest film maker of all time, who was he, why did he die so suddenly? We all have our opinions, this is an interesting article written at the time of his death. I do not agree or disagree with this article, I merely adore Mr.Kubrick and his works of sheer genius and found this article interesting..

Eyes Forced Shut
Who killed Stanley Kubrick?
by Robert Sterling

"If I told you their names, I don't think you'd sleep so well." -- Sydney Pollack, "Eyes Wide Shut"

To claim Stanley Kubrick -- arguably the finest film director ever -- was a major 20th century figure is an understatement. In a just world, his death this March would have received the same media attention as was unnecessarily heaped upon pea-brained pretty boy John-John's demise.

It's nice to know that some conspiracy lovers -- ready to challenge official reality -- question if Kubrick died from natural causes or was assassinated. It's quite refreshing, actually, after hearing countless theories over whether the supposedly significant death of JFK Jr. was really murder (amusing in its assumption that the "mastermind" behind wimpy political rag George was somehow a threat to the power structure).

Kubrick's swan song, Eyes Wide Shut, reveals kinky sex-magick and suspicious slayings that, in retrospect, hardly seem like Tom Cruise blockbuster material. Conspiracy rumors argue the film earned Kubrick his death certificate: Considering his career of anti-authoritarian auteurship, it may be a lifetime achievement award.

If anyone deserved to be whacked by The Man, it was Kubrick. Oliver Stone gets the "conspiracy" smear for his flick about the death of John-John's daddy, but it's Kubrick who was the true cinematic expositor of the secret and suppressed. It's incredible he was allowed to keep a camera.

His career was one of unequaled subversion: the anti-war Paths of Glory (1957), the homoerotic slave revolt celebration Spartacus (1960), and the mockery of the dark military machine Dr. Strangelove (1964). He warned of things to come way ahead of the curve: Lolita (1962) was a sexual taboo-smasher, 2001 (1968) anticipated Von Daniken's Ancient Astronaut craze, and A Clockwork Orange (1971) predicted the violently grim Brave New World Order police state.

Some also allege Kubrick filmed NASA's faked "moon landings" and wrote the "script" for the Apollo 13 disaster/hoax. This is unlikely -- not because the theory is far-fetched, but because the camera work on the moon landing lacked Kubrick's unique style.

Eyes Wide Shut, a sexual thriller about the decadent underbelly of the rich and powerful, has a creepiness that chills almost as much as his 1980 work The Shining. The film's highlight (besides showing Nicole Kidman naked) is a masked-ball orgy into which Cruise's character sneaks, barely evading punishment when his uninvited entry is discovered. What follows is an Antonioni-esque Blow-Up mystery: Are the death and the disappearance that follow cabalistic revenge killings? Or are they merely two unrelated events that randomly follow his attempted deception? Is it coincidence or conspiracy? The film presents no definite proof, but implies the events are indeed linked.

In light of Kubrick's death, watching a film in which two likely murders are explained away without investigation is disturbing. Kubrick warns that anyone who reveals upper-crust secrets can be snuffed without punishment. Was he predicting (and warning of) his own farewell?

Kubrick wouldn't be alone: As Uri Dowbenko's film review on Steamshovel Press noted, Mozart died soon after he revealed Masonic mysteries in "The Magic Flute," Stephen Knight, who wrote about Freemasonry and the Jack the Ripper slayings in two books, died mysteriously while working on a third, and 19th-century author William Morgan appears to have been murdered after he exposed Masonic activities.

The last major film to reveal occult secrets like Eyes Wide Shut was Roman Polanski's Rosemary's Baby. Soon after its release, Polanski's lover and unborn child were slaughtered by Manson's occult "family," and he was later run out of the States. (Polanski screwing a 13-year-old girl didn't help.)

The sex rituals in Kubrick's film appear inspired by the Hellfire Club, an 18th-century British Masonic offshoot founded by Sir Francis Dashwood. Founding Father (and high-ranking Freemason) Benjamin Franklin is said to have engaged regularly in these Satanic orgies. More recently, self-proclaimed Great Beast Aleister Crowley created similar rituals for his Masonic-inspired Ordo Templi Orientis (OTO).

Crowley's top American prot�g�, JPL rocket scientist Jack Parsons, was befriended by future Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard in the late 1940's. Hubbard supposedly admired Crowley obsessively, and some researchers claim secret Church of Scientology trainings are heavily influenced by OTO rites. Some Kubrick rumors note Cruise and Kidman are famous Scientologists, though the connection seems tenuous.

Is there anything to this? Was Kubrick knocked off? Perhaps. But maybe the truth is even stranger. Rumors swirled around A.I., another proposed Kubrick project. Officially, the idea was shelved, yet others allege it was being filmed, and it would continue over a 20-year period, using a young actor who would age over the years during filming. Certainly this was a fascinating concept, and the rumors even reached print in Wired.

Perhaps Kubrick did start this project, and, as he desired to keep it in utmost secrecy, faked his own death. That way, the film could continue without scrutiny, as any future A.I. rumors could be dismissed like crackpot Elvis sightings. Indeed, perhaps Kubrick is hanging out with Elvis right now (along with Jim Morrison, Hitler and Andy Kaufman, all on that secret island famous people go to after faking their death), while he slowly finishes his final masterpiece.

Implausible, you say? Perhaps so. Then again, Kubrick was a very well-connected guy. And, as Eyes Wide Shut suggests, those with power can arrange just about anything.
impermanence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 01:41 AM   #2
impermanence
Inactive

Watch Tom lie about his feelings on Kubrick's death:

Why did he lie? And believe me he is lying. Maybe because he can't stop acting, maybe something sinister, have you seen Eyes Wide Shut?

Last edited by impermanence; 18-03-2009 at 01:51 AM.
Old 18-03-2009, 02:16 AM   #3
size_of_light
Inactive

I remember reading somewhere that the final cut of the film hadn't been completed when Kubrick died but his estate hushed this up and completed it in secrecy to improve it's box office potential (i.e. Kubrick's last, fully-completed film).

The released version is pretty tame and only touches on the topic of elite rituals in a very superficial, sensationalistic manner so maybe there are missing scenes that Kubrick intended to include before he died.

As an aside, watch the performance Nicole Kidman gives in this film. It is one of the worst acting performances ever given in a major motion picture. She's completely wooden and off-key in virtually every scene she's in, and her impression of being stoned when she and Tom Cruise smoke a spliff is horribly misjudged. She plays it drunk instead of high.

Last edited by size_of_light; 18-03-2009 at 02:19 AM.
size_of_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 02:25 AM   #4
impermanence
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by size_of_light View Post
I remember reading somewhere that the final cut of the film hadn't been completed when Kubrick died but his estate hushed this up and completed it in secrecy to improve it's box office potential (i.e. Kubrick's last, fully-completed film).

The released version is pretty tame and only touches on the topic of elite rituals in a very superficial, sensationalistic manner so maybe there are missing scenes that Kubrick intended to include before he died.

As an aside, watch the performance Nicole Kidman gives in this film. It is one of the worst acting performances ever given in a major motion picture. She's completely wooden and off-key in virtually every scene she's in, and her impression of being stoned when she and Tom Cruise smoke a spliff is hilariously misjudged. She plays it drunk instead of high.
The American version was censored, be sure to see the European one for a full opinion.
Yes there is lots of 'odd' things about this movie and the events surrounding it's realise, many hints and symbolism also on Kubrick's part, as always. Ignoring that, I have been captivated by it's dark genius, it is a masterpiece, the colour, the sound, the feel, pure Kubrick genius.
Old 18-03-2009, 02:28 AM   #5
crimsonblade

Kubrick died/was murdered 666 days after the release of Eyes Wide Shut.
crimsonblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 02:41 AM   #6
size_of_light
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by impermanence View Post
The American version was censored, be sure to see the European one for a full opinion.
Yes there is lots of 'odd' things about this movie and the events surrounding it's realise, many hints and symbolism also on Kubrick's part, as always. Ignoring that, I have been captivated by it's dark genius, it is a masterpiece, the colour, the sound, the feel, pure Kubrick genius.
I've seen the uncut version and stylistically think it's a very good film (when Kidman's not on screen) although I don't consider it up there with 2001, Paths of Glory, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket or A Clockwork Orange in the category of his master works.

Do you know of any sites that have attempted a breakdown of the hints and symbolism in the film?

Last edited by size_of_light; 18-03-2009 at 02:41 AM.
Old 18-03-2009, 03:09 AM   #7
impermanence
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonblade View Post
Kubrick died/was murdered 666 days after the release of Eyes Wide Shut.
Hmmmm, he died on March 7th '99 and the movie was released in the U.S. on the 16th of July '99.

Quote:
Originally Posted by size_of_light View Post
I've seen the uncut version and stylistically think it's a very good film (when Kidman's not on screen) although I don't consider it up there with 2001, Paths of Glory, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket or A Clockwork Orange in the category of his master works.

Do you know of any sites that have attempted a breakdown of the hints and symbolism in the film?

I don't agree with your bashing of Kidman (not that she was any good, or ever is), yes she was wooden, but I feel it works for the film. Yes this movie does not even compare to Stanley's other works, all of which are masterpieces (can an artist have more than one masterpiece? ), to speak highly of Eyes Wide Shut almost defaces his earlier works, I understand that, anyhow..

Here's a deeply effecting website that's been around for many years, strange and beautiful, but don't expect any meaningful answers. As with all of Stanley's movies (and any great artistic works for that matter), a million people see a million different things...

http://aidd.org/ (turn on your speakers)

On the main page you'll see a few links on the left side, at the bottom of which is 'ILLUMINATI', under this link you'll see a tiny Clockwork Orange symbol, this will bring you to the Eyes Wide Shut section, click everything!!!

Last edited by impermanence; 18-03-2009 at 03:18 AM.
Old 18-03-2009, 03:21 AM   #8
crimsonblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by impermanence View Post
Hmmmm, he died on March 7th '99 and the movie was released in the U.S. on the 16th of July '99.
It must have been from the day film ended then, or something similar. Not that it really matters. I have no doubt that he was murdered for revealing too much.
crimsonblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 03:24 AM   #9
size_of_light
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonblade View Post
It must have been from the day film ended then, or something similar. Not that it really matters. I have no doubt that he was murdered for revealing too much.
He died 666 days before the year 2001.
Old 18-03-2009, 03:26 AM   #10
octopusrex

I personally think he is the greatest director of western films in the history of cinematography.

Except perhaps Chaplin, who beat him to the punch.
octopusrex is offline   Reply With Quote