Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Illuminati / Secret Societies
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
mikethepunk
Senior Member
 
mikethepunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: seattle
Posts: 1,832
Default Are women allowed to be Masons?

Are women allowed in the Masons?

also

Do you have to have had a father in the mason's to join?


thanks
Mike
__________________
My Online Radio show you need to listen too:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/frontlinepunk
Research the prophesy of George Washington.

Real love is never ending.
Adam is still in love with Eve.
mikethepunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
speculative
Senior Member
 
speculative's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At sea! (The Irish one at the moment!)
Posts: 1,749
Default

It all depends on the lodge you approach!

If you approach one of the "Regular" lodges (bear with me please any co of female masons!) then no women arent allowed to join, the regularity part comes from days of old when to be a regular lodge there was a male only rule.

However these days there are many masonic organisations that are solely for women or for men and women together and work the identical ceremonies as the male only lodges, so yes these days women can become masons too.

the answer to the other part is no, you do not need a father in the masons to join.

HTH
__________________
S&F
James K
Merely a fool, on the path to confusion.

Quote by someone on this forum!
"You'll never beat a fool with logic or facts but you can demolish anyone with sincerly spoken nonsense"
speculative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:44 PM   #3
lightgiver
Senior Member
 
lightgiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 31,557
Default Women and the Masons

The subject of women and Freemasonry is complex and without an easy explanation. Traditionally, only men can be made Freemasons in Regular Freemasonry. Many Grand Lodges do not admit women because they believe it would break the ancient Masonic Landmarks. However, there are many non-mainstream Masonic bodies that do admit both men and women or exclusively women. Furthermore, there are many female orders associated with regular Freemasonry, such as the Order of Women Freemasons, the Order of the Eastern Star, the Order of the Amaranth, the White Shrine of Jerusalem, the Social Order of Beauceant and the Daughters of the Nile.

__________________
Do you know we are ruled by T.V...

Last edited by lightgiver; 05-03-2009 at 11:45 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:09 AM   #4
enga
Senior Member
 
enga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Springtime!
Posts: 2,293
Default

What do masons look for when approaching a prospective new mason? What's an ideal candidate?
enga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:11 AM   #5
lightgiver
Senior Member
 
lightgiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 31,557
Default Candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by enga View Post
What do masons look for when approaching a prospective new mason? What's an ideal candidate?
Qasrose,pliable and gullible and a chicken he probably thinks it will help him get on in life.

and says he is leaving forum every other week. will he, wont he,
__________________
Do you know we are ruled by T.V...

Last edited by lightgiver; 06-03-2009 at 01:12 AM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:29 AM   #6
coco
Senior Member
 
coco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bitchin' Rockstaritude from Mars
Posts: 14,727
Default

A long time ago a neighbor's daughter belonged to a female version of the Masons. I asked my father why she couldn't be a regular Mason and he said women cannot be Masons so in the interest of fairness the Masons created the female version.

Like I said, that was a long time ago when I was pretty small. I've never thought about male and female Masons mixing at the same meetings but, eh, who knows? Maybe things have changed.

Have you asked the Masons on the forum?
coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:53 AM   #7
lycan
Member
 
lycan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
The subject of women and Freemasonry is complex and without an easy explanation. Traditionally, only men can be made Freemasons in Regular Freemasonry. Many Grand Lodges do not admit women because they believe it would break the ancient Masonic Landmarks. However, there are many non-mainstream Masonic bodies that do admit both men and women or exclusively women. Furthermore, there are many female orders associated with regular Freemasonry, such as the Order of Women Freemasons, the Order of the Eastern Star, the Order of the Amaranth, the White Shrine of Jerusalem, the Social Order of Beauceant and the Daughters of the Nile.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_and_Freemasonry
You pretty much hit the nail on the head.
lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:18 AM   #8
speculative
Senior Member
 
speculative's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At sea! (The Irish one at the moment!)
Posts: 1,749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enga View Post
What do masons look for when approaching a prospective new mason? What's an ideal candidate?
The short answer is: We dont.

the slightly longer answer is, if you meet the requirements that are set (these being you should be a just, upright and free man/woman, of mature age sound morals and strict judgement) then, if you know someone is a mason and have expressed an interest in the Craft, then that Mason may ask, "Have you ever thought about joining?"

However there is nothing to stop you just emailing the body you want to join and asking.

they will find you a local lodge and arrange for the secretary to contact you and you can see if Freemasonry is really what you want to join or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
Furthermore, there are many female orders associated with regular Freemasonry, such as the Order of Women Freemasons, the Order of the Eastern Star, the Order of the Amaranth, the White Shrine of Jerusalem, the Social Order of Beauceant and the Daughters of the Nile.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_and_Freemasonry
Hi LG, the only thing that is slightly wrong in that is that the Order of womens freemasonry is not connected to "regular" freemasonry, they are masons in their own right (http://www.owf.org.uk/) and a female only branch of the fraternity.

ther others are quite right im sure (though some i havent heard of) and are predominantly based in the US as bodies for the partners or children or women who were interested in the males FM to join and get some info and social time in. They never really took in the UK and as far as im aware (im willing to be corrected) the only Order of the Eastern Star that is UK based is in Scotland.

This is the problem when taking Wikipedia at their word...they dont always get things right!!!
__________________
S&F
James K
Merely a fool, on the path to confusion.

Quote by someone on this forum!
"You'll never beat a fool with logic or facts but you can demolish anyone with sincerly spoken nonsense"

Last edited by speculative; 06-03-2009 at 09:19 AM. Reason: EFA
speculative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:25 AM   #9
i_am
Technical Advisor
 
i_am's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 32,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speculative View Post
The short answer is: We dont.

the slightly longer answer is, if you meet the requirements that are set (these being you should be a just, upright and free man/woman, of mature age sound morals and strict judgement) then, if you know someone is a mason and have expressed an interest in the Craft, then that Mason may ask, "Have you ever thought about joining?"

However there is nothing to stop you just emailing the body you want to join and asking.

they will find you a local lodge and arrange for the secretary to contact you and you can see if Freemasonry is really what you want to join or not.



Hi LG, the only thing that is slightly wrong in that is that the Order of womens freemasonry is not connected to "regular" freemasonry, they are masons in their own right (http://www.owf.org.uk/) and a female only branch of the fraternity.

ther others are quite right im sure (though some i havent heard of) and are predominantly based in the US as bodies for the partners or children or women who were interested in the males FM to join and get some info and social time in. They never really took in the UK and as far as im aware (im willing to be corrected) the only Order of the Eastern Star that is UK based is in Scotland.

This is the problem when taking Wikipedia at their word...they dont always get things right!!!
They are in Australia

Many years ago, when living in Sydney, I used to do a Party Plan. I did many demostrations for large organisations....several for the ladies of The Order of the Eastern Star
__________________

Give so much to the improvement of yourself, that you don’t have time to criticize others ~ Jim Rohn

What if! The most useless combination of words in the English language. If we always thought of the what ifs before doing anything, we would do nothing.....me
i_am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:30 AM   #10
speculative
Senior Member
 
speculative's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At sea! (The Irish one at the moment!)
Posts: 1,749
Default

I dont doubt they are

I can only really talk about the UK (as i live here) and the US (to some extent) as i know several Masons from the other side of the pond, that OES is in Australia does not surprise me at all, and they would be quite firmly linked to "regular" Freemasonry
__________________
S&F
James K
Merely a fool, on the path to confusion.

Quote by someone on this forum!
"You'll never beat a fool with logic or facts but you can demolish anyone with sincerly spoken nonsense"
speculative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:55 PM   #11
lightgiver
Senior Member
 
lightgiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 31,557
Default Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by speculative View Post
The short answer is: We dont.

the slightly longer answer is, if you meet the requirements that are set (these being you should be a just, upright and free man/woman, of mature age sound morals and strict judgement) then, if you know someone is a mason and have expressed an interest in the Craft, then that Mason may ask, "Have you ever thought about joining?"

However there is nothing to stop you just emailing the body you want to join and asking.

they will find you a local lodge and arrange for the secretary to contact you and you can see if Freemasonry is really what you want to join or not.



Hi LG, the only thing that is slightly wrong in that is that the Order of womens freemasonry is not connected to "regular" freemasonry, they are masons in their own right (http://www.owf.org.uk/) and a female only branch of the fraternity.

ther others are quite right im sure (though some i havent heard of) and are predominantly based in the US as bodies for the partners or children or women who were interested in the males FM to join and get some info and social time in. They never really took in the UK and as far as im aware (im willing to be corrected) the only Order of the Eastern Star that is UK based is in Scotland.

This is the problem when taking Wikipedia at their word...they dont always get things right!!!
Agreed,

wiki do not get it all right, it was just a pointer for peeps

I just go there sometimes for ease.

I feel women should be allowed to join(regular freemasonry) if they feel that strongly,and freemasonry should be more open in these modern times.

BTW brenda looks on the ball http://www.owf.org.uk/
__________________
Do you know we are ruled by T.V...

Last edited by lightgiver; 06-03-2009 at 07:00 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:02 PM   #12
speculative
Senior Member
 
speculative's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At sea! (The Irish one at the moment!)
Posts: 1,749
Default

Well women have the same options as men these days, male or female only or co masonic lodges,

You can always find somewhere if you want, and if you go to great queen street in london to Freemasons Hall you can get a guided tour for free i think.

if you go across the road to one of the many masonic shops you can buy the rituals and read them yourself, it is pretty open, its just because there are a lot of conspiracy theorys surrounding FM's that people think its still hidden.

And the majority of masons are trying to revers the trend of silence that began due to WW2.
__________________
S&F
James K
Merely a fool, on the path to confusion.

Quote by someone on this forum!
"You'll never beat a fool with logic or facts but you can demolish anyone with sincerly spoken nonsense"
speculative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:41 PM   #13
lightgiver
Senior Member
 
lightgiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 31,557
Default Hidden info

Quote:
Originally Posted by speculative View Post
Well women have the same options as men these days, male or female only or co masonic lodges,

You can always find somewhere if you want, and if you go to great queen street in london to Freemasons Hall you can get a guided tour for free i think.

if you go across the road to one of the many masonic shops you can buy the rituals and read them yourself, it is pretty open, its just because there are a lot of conspiracy theorys surrounding FM's that people think its still hidden.

And the majority of masons are trying to revers the trend of silence that began due to WW2.
I still feel though some info is hidden,i am sure a lot of masons are not into the deeper esoteric info.



The first series of footage is a Masonic initiation of three Freemason recruits (Apprentices).

The second is a ritual of 33rd degree Freemason's slitting a sacrificial goat on a pentagram in the Lodge's temple room. Note, you can continue to observe the Masonic swords. The grand master drinks the goat's blood which is sacrificed in the middle of the room and prays in Hebrew language and ends the satanic worship ritual.

The last small segment is of a Masonic wedding at a lodge in Istanbul. There is a masonic wedding ceremony.

TRANSLATION

Please introduce the cadidates to us.

Serdar Büyüküstün, his profession is electrical engineering.

Aykut Erensoy, his profession is electrical Engineering.
Kenan Ali Akman, he is a businessman.

Understood. Please bring them inside.

Dear Misters, before all else we would like you to promise to us that,

whether you are accepted as a brother or not, after you are taken into what we call 'the room of contemplation', you will not mention anybody what you see and what you hear here, do you promise on your honour?

Mr. Erensoy?

Yes, I promise.

Mr. Büyüküstün?

I promise.

Mr. Akman?

Yes, I promise.

The inquisotor brother, let the candidates sit.

Mr. Büyüküstün, tell us what is the thing which was touched to your chest and which was made you feel with one of your hands?

Uhm... something metal... sword.

The meaning of the sword being touched to your chest is that you keep your promise otherwise you will be made to regret not keeping it and suffer pains for the rest of your life.

Let us avoid any mistakes, are you really the same people who wants to join us? Did you fill in the form without pressure from others and with your own free will and judgement? And you signed it?

Yes.

Let the cadidates commence 'the first journey'.

Who are these people? Those who seek the real light.

Misters, repeat the oath we made just now once again after me.

Before the symbol of the great architect of the universe and in front of the mason brotherhood, what I said was correct and I swear by it with all my sincerity.

I will not disclose any of our masonic secrets and what I have been shown and told here to anybody other than other brothers in a masonic lodge.

I will work towards the end of masonic goals.

I will obey the principles of the free masons' greater lodge.

I will regularly attend the meetings of the lodge which I will became a member of.

The first officer, brother, what do you want for the candidates?

The light of the scientific truth, dear master.

All other brothers who stand by the columns and decorate the true light. What do you want for the candidates?

The light of the scientific truth, dear master.

Let the scientific truth be given on the 3rd touch of the hammer.

The swords which are pointed at you symbolises the fact that, other masons will defend you should you ever be attacked by others in the rest of your life.
__________________
Do you know we are ruled by T.V...

Last edited by lightgiver; 06-03-2009 at 07:45 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #14
mike martin
Senior Member
 
mike martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kent
Posts: 1,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethepunk View Post
Are women allowed in the Masons?
Women (like men) have a choice between joining women-only or mixed Masonic Lodges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethepunk View Post
Do you have to have had a father in the mason's to join?
No, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to join.

Mike
__________________
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, vodka in one hand, Cigar in the other - body thoroughly shagged, totally worn out, and screaming -WOO HOO!
mike martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:02 PM   #15
mike martin
Senior Member
 
mike martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kent
Posts: 1,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enga View Post
What do masons look for when approaching a prospective new mason? What's an ideal candidate?
Masons don't usually approach prospective members. Although, I did ask my best friend if he had any interest in joining a few years ago, he said he didn't know. So I said well if you ever do want to join just ask me, I would be happy to propose you.

Mike
__________________
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, vodka in one hand, Cigar in the other - body thoroughly shagged, totally worn out, and screaming -WOO HOO!
mike martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:04 PM   #16
mike martin
Senior Member
 
mike martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kent
Posts: 1,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco View Post
A long time ago a neighbor's daughter belonged to a female version of the Masons. I asked my father why she couldn't be a regular Mason and he said women cannot be Masons so in the interest of fairness the Masons created the female version.

Like I said, that was a long time ago when I was pretty small. I've never thought about male and female Masons mixing at the same meetings but, eh, who knows? Maybe things have changed.
Sounds like she was actually a member of the Order of the Eastern Star. That is not anything like the female Masons!

Mike
__________________
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, vodka in one hand, Cigar in the other - body thoroughly shagged, totally worn out, and screaming -WOO HOO!
mike martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:44 PM   #17
grandsecretary
Senior Member
 
grandsecretary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: York
Posts: 6,381
Default Grand Lodge of All England

It is not possible for a woman to be an Ancient Free Mason in exactly the same way that it is not possible for a woman to become a Catholic Priest, and for very similar reasons.

It is possible for a woman to become a Moderns freemason because there are Moderns masonic organisations that have been set up especially to accommodate them using the Anderson constitutions.

This is a statement of fact and not a comment.
__________________
http://grandlodge.blogspot.com/

The Grand Lodge of All England has no connection with any other body, Masonic or non-Masonic unless supported by a written Treaty or Agreement ratified by a Convocation of The Grand Lodge of All England. grandsecretary speaks on behalf of The Grand Lodge of All England. He does not represent the policies or views of ANY other Masonic organisation.
grandsecretary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:01 AM   #18
mikethepunk
Senior Member
 
mikethepunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: seattle
Posts: 1,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandsecretary View Post
It is not possible for a woman to be an Ancient Free Mason in exactly the same way that it is not possible for a woman to become a Catholic Priest, and for very similar reasons.

It is possible for a woman to become a Moderns freemason because there are Moderns masonic organisations that have been set up especially to accommodate them using the Anderson constitutions.

This is a statement of fact and not a comment.
Thanks everyone for answering my question.

Thanks especially to you grandsecretary, i was hoping you would respond. I found your website really interesting. I have always been interested in the masons because I have always been into higher knowledge and doing good for society. Plus I am really drawn to the ancient masonic symbols for some reason. Maybe I was a mason in a past life.

I also think that is ok to use these type of societies to get ahead as long as it is not for greed and your purpose is to do good in this world.
__________________
My Online Radio show you need to listen too:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/frontlinepunk
Research the prophesy of George Washington.

Real love is never ending.
Adam is still in love with Eve.
mikethepunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:15 AM   #19
speculative
Senior Member
 
speculative's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At sea! (The Irish one at the moment!)
Posts: 1,749
Default

Hi LG,

I had a look at the video, its a shame that its so poor quality, however the first does look like an initiation, however there are some obvious differences. I couldnt see a goat? a ring on people kneeling, and praying then one stood up, i couldnt see a pentagram or a goat (the only goats in our lodge are the jokes!) or evidence that it was a 33rd degree ceremony?? (however i havent seen one so couldnt say for sure!) however if you can get a screen shot then i can try to coment, one thing to consider though is that if this was an entirely muslim lodge, then there may have been something about preparing food? it was the cutting of the throat that made me think of this as the meat would need to be Halal and so cutting a goats throat would be common in preparing the meat. (i suppose it could be called the Turkey version of UK's "Kill it, Cook it, Eat it" TV show! lol)

the oath sounds about right though in different words and a lot shorter than ours (we have lots of flourishing sentances to say the same thing but takes about a year longer to say!)

I'm dont know why you say "satanic worship ritual"? there is nothing in your translation that indicates satan worship?
__________________
S&F
James K
Merely a fool, on the path to confusion.

Quote by someone on this forum!
"You'll never beat a fool with logic or facts but you can demolish anyone with sincerly spoken nonsense"
speculative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:03 PM   #20
wisdomgirl
Senior Member
 
wisdomgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlantis
Posts: 355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethepunk View Post
Are women allowed in the Masons?

also

Do you have to have had a father in the mason's to join?


thanks
Mike
Your joking aren't you? If women could be masons the same way men are there wouldn't be freemasonary. Women are mostly ruled by their emotions and are more peaceful about things that men are not. If women were allowed it wouldn't last very long because women will find out horrors and would find it very difficult to keep quite. Women are too much of a risk to let join because of their emotions and hormones!! But obviously some women can be just as evil as men, it's just human nature.
__________________
Having no fear equals freedom and happiness! Personal freedom should be everyone's aim.

If you feel something isn't true, it probably isn't, trust your own instincts and stay true to what you believe in!
wisdomgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:12 PM.