Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 28-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
gilly
Banned

Default California Declares Drought Emergency

http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/tre...ornia-drought/

California declares drought emergency

By Peter HendersonPosted 2009/02/28 at 7:46 am EST
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 28, 2009 (Reuters) — California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger on Friday declared a state emergency due to drought and said he would consider mandatory water rationing in the face of nearly $3 billion in economic losses from below-normal rainfall this year.

As many as 95,000 agricultural jobs will be lost, communities will be devastated and some growers in the most economically productive farm state simply are not able to plant, state officials said, calling the current drought the most expensive ever.

Schwarzenegger, eager to build controversial dams as well as more widely backed water recycling programs, called on cities to cut back water use or face the first ever mandatory state restrictions as soon as the end of the month.

"California faces its third consecutive year of drought and we must prepare for the worst -- a fourth, fifth or even sixth year of drought," Schwarzenegger said in a statement, adding that recent storms were not enough to save the state.

He called on urban water users to cut consumption by 20 percent and state agencies to implement a water reduction plan. Meanwhile, the state of emergency will let planners fast-track some infrastructure building.

Legislators have also revived a $10 billion bond package to build new dams, fund conservation programs and build plants to recycle waste water and recharge aquifers.

"There is a bit of a perfect storm, pardon the pun, developing here," Republican state Senator Dave Cogdill told Reuters after introducing one of the new bond packages. "I hope the attitude toward surface storage, the larger projects, has changed."

The state water department will report on conservation progress by the end of March, and if the situation has not sufficiently improved, water rationing and mandatory cuts in water use could be instituted, the governor said.

California produces more than half the nation's fruits, vegetables and nuts, and farmers in recent weeks have been staggered by reports that the main federal source of irrigation water will go dry this year and the top state water project will not fulfill more than 15 percent of requested water.

The Central Valley, a fertile but arid region stretching some 500 miles from Bakersfield to Redding, is the agricultural heartland of California, which ranks as the nation's No. 1 farm state in terms of the value of crops produced -- more than $36 billion a year.

Concern about California's tight water supply is on the upswing at the same time as officials in the state capital of Sacramento rally behind the idea of creating jobs with public works spending. Unemployment in the most populous state rose to double digits -- 10.1 percent -- in January.

Water planners and environmentalists are also broadly in agreement that climate change is creating a more erratic climate that could lengthen dry spells.

"We're going to have droughts. That's a fact of life. They may be worse in the future," state water chief Lester Snow told reporters on a conference call.

(Additional reporting by Jim Christie; Editing by Christian Wiessner)
gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 03:11 PM   #2
ubiquitous

Just been reading this on Davids Headlines page. Its very worrying news that could have widespread implications (not only for the US) I think food shortages could be what TPTB expect will start the 'summer of riots' (God forbid)

I came across an interesting post on another board from a rancher in California. I know we shouldn't believe everything we read on the net but this seems genuine to me. Hope nobody minds me posting it here.

I'm a rancher here in the Central Valley of California.

The MSM isn't telling all of this story (as usual). The California Central Valley produces more than 50% of the food for this entire country.

They just jacked our taxes in order to pay for their derelict budget, but now they want to shut off the water to the most productive and the highest yielding produce area of this country? Yes. Why is that exactly? It's because of a fish. Seriously. Specifically, a fish called the Delta Smelt.

Check this out.

http://www.stolinsky.com/news/news/n...asp?NewsID=418

So this useless little fish, which only has a lifespan of one year and ireaches the size of a french fry at maturity, is far more important than more than 50% of the food supply to this country. It must be, because a federal judge said so, which mandated that this fish be protected, at any cost.

Think about all this affects.

All of the Farmers and Ranchers in California's Central Valley are instantly out of business.

All of the produce that comes from this area (50% of the fruit and veggies in this entire country) will not happen this year.

All of the livestock and dairies (watch what his does to milk, egg, chicken and beef prices) will not be able to get feed for their livestock because it's all grown by local farmers.

Restaurants, grocery stores, farm supplies, irrigation equipment, tractors, livestock feed, fertilizer sales, insecticide sales, truck drivers, processing plants, packagers, shippers, distributors, vendors,.......All of these businesses and jobs are lost.

They're setting the stage for famine, and they're wiping out a huge part of the California (and this nation's) economy in the process.

In one fell swoop, they have managed to cut the food supply by more than half, created shortages and doubled prices. You'll be seeing the results of this very soon. By Summer it will be ridiculous, and by then it will be too late to do anything about it. It's already too late because most farmers are fallowing their fields and rendering their crops dormant already. And don't count on imported produce from Mexico to fill the gap because they're tightening up import restrictions considerably due to the border chaos currently taking place.

Despite popular belief, food doesn't come from the grocery stores or fast food restaurants; it comes from farms. Farms can't produce food without an adequate supply of water. It's just that basic.

TPTB obviously know that their actions will cause major food shortages this Summer. There's no way they could be ignorant to that fact. They want this to happen. That's the only logical conclusion. They're setting the stage for famine. So, this Summer, when people are screaming for food and they riot because of it, I hope TPTB can deal with the situation that they deliberately caused. I doubt they can handle it though. It will be far worse than even they want it to be. It will radically effect them as well.

If you have the ability to buy storage food NOW at today's prices, you should seriously consider doing so. Any less than a year's supply and you're probably fooling yourself. Now,.....the only hope for relief comes next year at this same time IF they turn the water back on. But many farmers will be completely out of business by then, so even if the water becomes available, there will still be shortages and any available food will be ridiculously expensive throughout 2010 and beyond.

Get ready for The Summer of Hell. It's coming. If you don't have food then you'd better plan on not eating.

BTW, this is my first post here. I lurk ***** pretty much every day, but this was some Doom that I could really contribute to because I'm living it. I'll personally be just fine because my wife and I have been prepping for years. We just do it naturally, always have and always will. Most of the farmers around here have gardens ready for their families (I certainly do), and plenty of storage water to keep those gardens going all year, but you and your family are not going to be able to count on any food from the Central Valley hitting the market at all this year. It's just not going to happen. Count on it.

Get food, get it now and get a lot of it. Otherwise you'll starve.

Good luck.

Old 28-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #3
gilly
Banned

Oh my God!!! The coniving, murdering bastards!
Old 28-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #4
ubiquitous

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilly View Post
Oh my God!!! The coniving, murdering bastards!
Yup. We're like frogs in a pan, been heating up nicely for years but now the water is starting to boil.
Old 28-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #5
breezinreezin
Inactive

I suspect that this can be traced back to the United Nations. They seem to be directing NWO operations with Agenda 21, etc.
breezinreezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
ritchs

Default Environmental & Conservation laws

I've always, well not always but for a long time, known that EPA environmental laws were used to marginalize business's selectively. Really big business pollutes all it wants, it's the small guys that don't have the resources to bypass the hassle. Another cluster bomb that 'they' created for manipulation. You can see this yourself. Look at the massive fumes that come from city buses, and big rigs. Look at all the inspection paperwork and emission equipment needed for the little guy to get to work in his crummy little car. Hardly equitable. Look at the smoke stacks of what little factories that are left, that haven't been off-shored. Sure they're cleaner than before, but a homeowner would be skinned if he did such stuff. Businesses also have big cleanup venues at taxpayer expense under SARA (Superfund and Recovery Act) to clean up after they pollute here in the States. A rule book that is applied when they want, to who they want, when it suits them. Ho hum, no sense bitching, it's the way it is.

Good Post , didn't know about that fish, the Delta Smelt. It figures.
ritchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:33 AM   #7
ubiquitous

Drought 'Oddities'

Suddenly, almost inexplicably and overnight - there's a newly discovered big water shortage in the US!

Keep your eyes on the GOP prize. Under cover of the Bush Depression and (global warming-induced) drought, corpora-terrorist trolls may present a 'solution:' Privatize part of the US water supply.

First, the inevitable state of emergency is declared........

HERE:

http://www.legitgov.org/drought_oddities.html
Old 01-03-2009, 01:34 AM   #8
jesuitsdidit

Location: reading 'we r entering ice-age' chart in nick clegg's pyramid davidicke.com/ showthread.php?t=115401

smells fishy 2 me..
BROWN'S THE ONLY ONE WHO'LL STAND UP TO THE NWO
- eric jon phelps is king!! and i am now the guardian of Haiti.
jesuitsdidit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:15 AM   #9
xpleet

It is becoming obvious, the elite are already performing economic mass murdering.

They got no bread? Let them eat cake, and build dams!
"The desire for liberation from Darkness burns deeply within all children of the True Creator of Light. This yearning for liberation is NOT a psychological escapism. It is something that all True-Light beings have within themselves. They all long for their return to their True Home." - Amitakh http://xeeatwelve.com/

Last edited by xpleet; 01-03-2009 at 02:19 AM.
xpleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:48 AM   #10
jesuitsdidit

Location: reading 'we r entering ice-age' chart in nick clegg's pyramid davidicke.com/ showthread.php?t=115401

So, why isn't "The Terminator" on the sex offender registry for life?

http://sexoffenderissues.blogspot.co...lican-sex.html

Arnold Schwarzenegger (Republican Sex Scandal Wiki)
Labels:.California,/Crime-Celebrity,OffenderMale,Wiki

View the article here
View more sex scandals here (This is only one example!)

So, why isn't "The Terminator" on the sex offender registry for life?

Arnold Schwarzenegger is actually the Governor of California, a fact that would surprise and probably alarm anyone awakening from coma entered in a period when Schwarzenegger was merely a action/comedic Hollywood actor. Schwarzenegger was elected on October 7, 2003, after the defeat of former governor Democrat Gray Davis in a recall election that seemed a fit of populist irresponsibility. Since then the Austro-American body builder cum politician has demonstrated a talent for political opportunism and ideological inconsistency that embarrasses even members of his own Republican Party.

The "Terminator" is now widely reviled in his native Austria. Early on December 26, 2005 his name was quietly removed from the stadium in the southern Austrian city of Graz because of his refusal to block the December 13, 2005 execution by the State of California of Stanley Tookie Williams. The stadium had been named in his honor in 1999. Capital punishment was abolished in Austria as barbaric. Schwarzenegger was born in 1947 in the village of Thal near Graz. He immigrated to the United States in 1968, bceoming a naturalized U.S. citizen in 1984. However Schwarzenegger has retained his Austrian citizenship. Perhaps he could be given back to the Austrians at some point?

Dirt

Arnold met secretly with Ken Lay on May 24th, 2001, shortly before the Enron price gouging of California. At the meeting Ken Lay handed out plans that included an end to "countless investigations into allegations that suppliers manipulated power prices."[1]

Arnold had a tabloid publisher pay $20,000 to Gigi Goyette to keep quiet about the fact that Arnold had sex with her when she was 16 and he was 28.
- The age of consent in California, is 18.

Arnold discussed the ethnicity of Assemblywoman Bonnie Garcia, the sole Latina Republican in the state legislature in the folowing language: "I mean, they are all very hot. They have the, you know, part of the black blood in them and part of the Latino blood in them that together makes it." Source: Robert Salladay. "Gov.'s Candid Moments Caught on Audiotape: Schwarzenegger's Banter With Aides Offers Glimpse of Bull Session Behind Closed Doors." Los Angeles Times. September 8, 2007. Article On September 8, 2004, Arnold apologized for the comments.

During the only debate he partipated in during the 2003 recall election, Arnold promised he wouldn't cut education. He promtly cut the UC budget upon taking office.

Arnold had crews dig up a pothole at taxpayer expense just so that he could fill it in for a photo op.

Arnold campaigned in Ohio, the critical swing state, for Bush right before the 2004 election.

Arnold accepted $8 million for "consulting" from a magazine while governor.

Arnold had been driving with a motercycle license for years. He was in an accident in January 2006, where he wasn't charged, even though he had no license. He didn't get a license until July 2006. [2]

Arnold used taxpayer money to spy on liberal groups.

Arnold vetoed the gay marriage bill passed by activist legislators trying to legislate from the legislature, and said that gay marriage should be up to the courts.

Arnold is running as a moderate but he withdrew 4 of his own nominees to the CalSTRS board after they voted against his plan to privatize teachers pension plans. One of the appointees, Republican Jim Grey, said, "If you have to be in lock step, I guess I shouldn’t be one of his appointees." [3]

Arnold with Bill O'Reilly[4]:

O'REILLY: It just threw me, because I know you've been a big environmental guy, and then you're driving around with the Hummer that gets one mile to a gallon—I'm going what's that all about.

SCHWARZENEGGER: No, no, no. Mine gets 14 miles to the gallon.

O'REILLY: Fourteen. But still, that's not great. You know what I'm talking about.

SCHWARZENEGGER: You're absolutely right.

Posted On Friday, September 19, 2008 at 11:43:00 PM by Editor #1
Old 01-03-2009, 03:52 AM   #11
jesuitsdidit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquitous View Post
Get ready for The Summer of Hell. It's coming. If you don't have food then you'd better plan on not eating.

BTW, this is my first post here. I lurk ***** pretty much every day, but this was some Doom that I could really contribute to because I'm living it. I'll personally be just fine because my wife and I have been prepping for years. We just do it naturally, always have and always will. Most of the farmers around here have gardens ready for their families (I certainly do), and plenty of storage water to keep those gardens going all year, but you and your family are not going to be able to count on any food from the Central Valley hitting the market at all this year. It's just not going to happen. Count on it.

Get food, get it now and get a lot of it. Otherwise you'll starve.

Good luck.

maybe this is why we keep getting reports of unrest this summer...
Old 01-03-2009, 04:36 AM   #12
jesuitsdidit

engineered crisis??
Old 01-03-2009, 08:34 AM   #13
ritchs

Default 'They' ain't people like us

It's worth just posting this for perspective. This is why its so hard to figure them, they are sooo different from us.

"Control the oil and you control entire nations; control the food and you control the people."
~~ Henry Kissinger

The Baltic Dry Index has dropped off the chart. It is a tamper proof indicator of the world economy that can not be manipulated like many markets.

http://www.dryships.com/pages/report.asp

It is a record of the shipping of commodities like rice, sugar, wheat, coal, soybeans, coffee, etc. This means very, very little is being shipped. This is not idle bullshit. Storage yards at the docks are filling up with unsold automobiles right now. First warehouses will deplete their stores, then domestic sources, then stores will runout and finally close. A few months I would guess. 12-16 weeks

Maybe nothing will happen, I don't pretend to know shit. Maybe the economy will start rolling again. Just a thought, I would suggest getting spam, rice, and beans. Rice and beans alone will keep you alive for a long time. Unappetizing but completely nutritous. The spam just makes it easier to eat. Add string beans or something to provide a change.
ritchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:04 AM   #14
ownoiz
Banned

Quote:

California declares drought emergency

California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger on Friday declared a state emergency due to drought and said he would consider mandatory water rationing

As many as 95,000 agricultural jobs will be lost, communities will be devastated and some growers in the most economically productive farm state simply are not able to plant, state officials said

Schwarzenegger, eager to build controversial dams as well as more widely backed water recycling programs, called on cities to cut back water use
]or face the first ever mandatory state restrictions as soon as the end of the month.

Legislators have also revived a $10 billion bond package to build new dams, fund conservation programs and build plants to recycle waste water and recharge aquifers.

California produces more than half the nation's fruits, vegetables and nuts, and farmers in recent weeks have been staggered by reports that the main federal source of irrigation water will go dry this year and the top state water project will not fulfill more than 15 percent of requested water.

The Central Valley, a fertile but arid region stretching some 500 miles from Bakersfield to Redding, is the agricultural heartland of California, which ranks as the nation's No. 1 farm state in terms of the value of crops produced -- more than $36 billion a year.

Water planners and environmentalists are also broadly in agreement that climate change is creating a more erratic climate that could lengthen dry spells.

"We're going to have droughts. That's a fact of life. They may be worse in the future," state water chief Lester Snow told reporters on a conference call.
All of this sounds incredibly familiar

Especially the keywords I highlighted.

The test run in Australia then California next...

Read my sig links this has already happened to the Murray-Darling basin in Australia which produces over 40% of Australias food.

Our climate and style of food production here is very similar to California in fact many fruit and nut crops here rely on technology/machinery/harvesting equipment specifically from California, these businesses in turn of course rely on a viable industry in California.

Damn they are pushing hard of late to control all the food and drugs, real hard...things didnt go the Dews way in other areas perhaps and they need to make up the shortfall...unsucessful wars cost a lot of money.

TPTB have been fucking Kennedys for a long time and Schwarzenneger is no different...hes been talking about fixing this shit for a number of years now...but obviously the shit is about to hit so he has done nothing but talk.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:13 AM   #15
gilly
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownoiz View Post
All of this sounds incredibly familiar

Especially the keywords I highlighted.

The test run in Australia then California next...

Read my sig links this has already happened to the Murray-Darling basin in Australia which produces over 40% of Australias food.

Our climate and style of food production here is very similar to California in fact many fruit and nut crops here rely on technology/machinery/harvesting equipment specifically from California, these businesses in turn of course rely on a viable industry in California.

Damn they are pushing hard of late to control all the food and drugs, real hard...things didnt go the Dews way in other areas perhaps and they need to make up the shortfall...unsucessful wars cost a lot of money.

TPTB have been fucking Kennedys for a long time and Schwarzenneger is no different...hes been talking about fixing this shit for a number of years now...but obviously the shit is about to hit so he has done nothing but talk.

The Terminator's got plenty of meat on him, so let's hope the starving local folk invite him to their barbecue come summertime.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:18 AM   #16
ownoiz
Banned

Oh and heres a pic for my american friends on this forum may find interesting (or disturbing would be more to the point) ...

The state "Water Minister" for the entire state of South Australia (a food producing state in the Murray Darling river system where much food is produced, the methods of growing fruit and nut crops is similar to California and most of the harvesting machines are from California)

She loves wearing her Masonic symbols...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownoiz View Post
Heres Karlene Maywald on WIN Riverland news this week with a masonic symbol around her neck. Apologies for the quality (bad TV reception) but if you look closely you can see its one of these masonic compass and square deals

Karlene Maywald, Australian politician, is the current South Australian Minister for the River Murray and Minister for Water Security. She also represents the electoral district of Chaffey in the South Australian House of Assembly. As Maywald is the only MP in her party, she is also the state parliamentary leader of The Nationals SA.

Its quite clear when you see the actual TV footage, and i have seen her wearing it before, trust me its not a photoshop. I wonder if she just picked that necklace out at the jewelry store because she liked the look of it

Last edited by ownoiz; 01-03-2009 at 09:27 AM.
ownoiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:23 AM   #17
ownoiz
Banned

Quote:
The Terminator's got plenty of meat on him, so let's hope the starving local folk invite him to their barbecue come summertime.
Only problem there is that the contamination from Roids would be worse than whats in some of the meat you buy these days.