Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Symbolism / Mind Control / Subliminal Programming
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 17-02-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
uncleknobhead
Premier Subscribers

Default White swan symbolism

Recently whilst at my local library in Buckinghamshire i happened to look at my library card and noticed the emblem was a white swan with chains around its neck. I recognized the emblem as it was my comprehensive school emblem and is the emblem of Bucks county council.

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/

It got me thinking as to why the logo/emblem was a swan in chains and what the symbolism may be.

On researching swan symbology on the net it appears that it symbolises many things going back to ancient times. The main thread of symbology was that the swan represents,

self-transformation, intuition, sensitivity, the soul.

is a symbol of light, both as a feminine symbol of the moon and a masculine symbol of the sun.

symbolize sensitivity, love, and beauty.

It symbolizes perfection, beauty, and grace. For a bearer of the swan it represents a lover of poetry and harmony, or a learned person.

The symbolism of the swan embodies love, purity, and chance.

Hamsa means white swan. The swan, of course, is an ancient symbol of spiritual grace and purity.

These above were all copied and pasted from the net, not my words, but it appears the swan symbolises very positive things so i ask myself, why the chains.

The swan is also a royal guarded bird of the crown.

The lyrics to Marc Bolan and T Rex "Ride a white swan" are below and interesting.

Ride A White SwanRide it on out like a bird in the sky way,
Ride it on out like you were a bird,
Fly it all out like an eagle in a sunbeam
Ride it all out like you were a bird.
Wear a tall hat like a Druid in the old days,
Wear a tall hat and a tattooed gown,
Ride a white swan like the people of the Beltane,
Wear your hair long babe, you can`t go wrong
Catch a bright star and place it on you forehead,
Say a few spells and there you go.
Take a black cat and sit it on you shoulder
And in the morning you`ll know all you know.

They certainly are occultists in many ways and the use of "Beltane" reminded me that i had seen "Beltane " before in John Todds writings below.

http://www.zbawienie.com/jtodd3.htm

I'm not sure what this all means but am hopeful someone can enlighten me with some info or their thoughts.

Whilst looking at this it threw up the question as to why Buckingham palace was called Buckingham palace.
I live near Buckingham (the town) from where the county of Buckinghamshire got its name and have often wondered about this.
Buckingham is now a pretty small town compared with other counties capitals like Northampton, Warwick, Bedford, Worcester, Gloucester etc. , so am interested in the history if anyone has any info.
uncleknobhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2009, 10:17 PM   #2
dodeca

The swan represents the hongsa (in short hong and you find it in Hongkong) but there are more names for the same bird.A hintha is the same, it is the sheldrake.

Hintha:

So the swan,stork,goose and duck represents the same. All over the world these birds are sacred.

Than-Tam Le the flag of the Mon state:

One will find this stick birdman on petroglyphs:

What does the bird represents? Well two planets close together in the sky and they where quite close to the earth in ancient times:

The two planets are Saturn and Uranus.

Here in lascaux the same stick-bird:

Last edited by dodeca; 21-02-2009 at 10:17 PM.
dodeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 10:23 PM   #3
dodeca

Aphrodite riding the swan (notice the red band):

Famous dutch master Rubens,I call this painting "family affairs":

Old 25-02-2009, 10:12 PM   #4
dodeca

Here naked apollo riding a chariot pulled by swan:

Roman coin of apollo, funny how the neck of swan makes a circle. Is there a dot in the circle?:

The egyptians often used the duck in hieroglyphs:

So what is the meaning of this hieroglyph:

It means: "son of Re"

Last edited by dodeca; 25-02-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 25-02-2009, 10:22 PM   #5

Alvin Boyd Kuhn said a few things about the swan symbolism, although I cannot vouch for his accuracy: http://members.tripod.com/pc93/lostlght.htm

Quote:
The bird that could rise off the water and soar away was inescapably a type of the rising soul. But the ancients joined the two kinds of life in one creature which became one of the most universal of all symbols, the winged serpent or feathered snake. Recent researches in Central America have brought to light the wide prevalence of this emblem in the Mayan and other civilizations on the American continent. And since it was general in Asia and Africa in remote times, the question of intercommunication or separate origin is once more pertinently raised. The snake that could fly is the incontrovertible evidence of ancient knowledge of the union of divinity and earthiness in manís organic life. Man that is born of water and the spirit (air) should once again become wise as to his dual origin. And modern man should cease to belittle the mythopoetic genius of his ancestors who endeavored, with almost incredible sagacity, to embody important knowledge of cosmic facts in imperishable glyphs. In the terms of evolutionary biology the swan is the feathered snake, and Hansa, the bird of primordial life and intelligence that floats above the waters of the abyss, is the eternal emblem of that spiritual life that has stepped into our fluctuating sea of natural impulse to bring order, harmony and beauty into the realm of nescience and chaos.

The Akhekh gryphon is a dragon with wings. Wings and feathers supply the type of air and fire in the later Bird of the Sun. The bird symbolized the swift-darting and lofty-soaring motion of divine intelligence. The French Swan-Dragon unites the birdís head with the serpentís tail. An ancient Greek work makes the first godly nature a serpent which later transmuted into a hawk. One form of the gryphon was the body of a beast, the tail of a serpent and the head of a peacock. This is the mythical cockatrice. It was so named because of its origin from the egg of a cock hatched by a serpent. The divine is hatched and nurtured in the body of nature.
Again:
Quote:
It was in the storm on the sea that the distressed sailors in the gray light of dawn saw Jesus walking upon the troubled waters, drawing nigh to them. In quieting the storm he played the part of Horus in the Ritual, of whom it is written: "He hath destroyed the water-flood of his mother"--nature. In another form this stands: "He hath dispersed the power of the raging rain-storm." And again: "He hath dispersed for thee the rain-storm, he hath driven away for thee the water-flood, he hath broken for thee the tempests." All this prefigures the stilling of the strong restless power of the natural elements in manís lower life, the mother-material nature, symboled by water. The god descending into the sphere of "water" was imaged by the duck, goose or swan; who all dive for food under the water.
1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 10:33 PM   #6
dodeca

By 5800 BC brighter skies had returned, although the Sun was not yet seen regularly. The swirling 'cloud' remained, but very slowly a gigantic circular object came to be discerned in the skies above the Earth's north polar regions. This was the actual physical shape of the planet Saturn in an enclosing coma. This is the egg of the creation myths. All the later tales recall that when the first God emerged, it was as a smaller object from within the egg-like sphere.
After 900 years of the static fluffy cloud above the north horizon of Earth, in about 4900 BC, and at the location above the north pole of Earth, a circular shape became visible through the swirling clouds, a globe ten or twenty times the diameter of the Moon. The globe stood, inactive, for another 700 years. The globe looked white, but was the actual planet Saturn seen through the intervening plasma.
Although in some legends of creation only a globe is remembered, other sources recall the figure as a duck or a goose, having noticed the planet Uranus, which was displaced from the central axis of rotation of the Saturnian planets. Uranus still looked like the head of a bird -- with a beak and with a neck seemingly connected to the globe of Saturn. Thus any number of creation legends hold that the creator god was a duck or goose. The Egyptian heiroglyph for Ra, the creator God, is a goose. The sacred animal of Brahma, the Vedic creator God, is a goose.

Old 26-02-2009, 10:41 PM   #7
dodeca

Old 02-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #8
emerald
Banned

NADJA AUERMANN&BJORK with LEDA/swans...

emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:27 PM   #9
dodeca

http://www.primaleyecreations.com/examples.html
Old 05-03-2009, 06:21 PM   #10
hagbard_celine

This pub is called The Original Swan, and look at the shape of the rain covers in the beer garden! What's more it is located in a district of Oxford called... Temple Cowley, and an old Knights Templar lodge used to be across the road.

"Because he refused to compete in games for domination he was indomitable."
from The Dispossessed by Ursula le Guin

Last edited by hagbard_celine; 05-03-2009 at 06:22 PM.
hagbard_celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:06 PM   #11
dodeca

We have seen this one, the spirals and the duck:

We see the same spirals and duck here in ghana.I call it the "ghana duck":

Old 08-03-2009, 05:22 PM   #12
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodeca View Post
We have seen this one, the spirals and the duck:

We see the same spirals and duck here in ghana.I call it the "ghana duck":

You see the same symbols on ancient monuments in Britain, both Celtic and older.

"Because he refused to compete in games for domination he was indomitable."
from The Dispossessed by Ursula le Guin
hagbard_celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:28 AM   #13
dodeca

The stickman with the bird on the head:

We see this same symbol on the berber flag:

The dogon "kanaga" mask:

The most known Dogon mask is the kanaga mask which represents the bird with the same name. The triangular form of the face is the jaw of the bird and the lower conical form is its tongue. The mask is finished by a structure which represents the Komondo's spread wings, a mythical bird.

http://www.artistenomade.com/gb/art_afrique2.htm

Last edited by dodeca; 09-03-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 21-03-2009, 11:09 PM   #14
dodeca

Naquda II period Egypt (3650-3300 BC). The saturn/uranus period.

Bird Lady:

Old 30-03-2009, 09:09 PM   #15
dodeca

Greece 1200 BC duck swastika:

Europe Ī 800 BC the greece swastika was changed in a wheel with duck:

Old 06-04-2009, 10:36 AM   #16
dodeca

This one is "horse in cradle". Mostly it is depicted with a black cat but here the cat is the duck/goose/swan:

Old 06-04-2009, 02:07 PM   #17
maz15d
Premier Subscribers

The official/historical explanation is that the swan is the heraldic symbol for Buckinghamshire because of its links with the Dukes of Buckingham. A brief explanation can be found at http://www.civicheraldry.co.uk/bucks.html
Plimbleyís Dictionary of Heraldry explains
Swan - The swan was the cognizance of the Bohuns. Sometimes it is borne whole, sometimes only the head, like the arms of the Guests. When gorged with a ducal coronet having a gold chain attached to it, it is called a cygney-royal. http://www.digiserve.com/heraldry/pimb_s.htm
maz15d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:12 PM   #18
dodeca

da vinci:

dali:

Swan Song Records:
Old 09-06-2009, 09:17 PM   #19
kiwimaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagbard_celine View Post
This pub is called The Original Swan, and look at the shape of the rain covers in the beer garden! What's more it is located in a district of Oxford called... Temple Cowley, and an old Knights Templar lodge used to be across the road.

Well spotted hagbard !! Very interesting indeed...how blatant can they get??

When you wake up, you can finally see the puppet master and who wants to be a puppet??
kiwimaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:21 PM   #20
pedsi
Banned

Default Andrew collins

Collins shows how the white swan symbolizes the Cygnus constellation in the milky way....really interesting.
pedsi is offline   Reply With Quote