Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 29-11-2008, 03:54 PM   #1
niall
Banned

Default Does anyone know when David Icke became an atheist

I came across this quote and wondered if anyone knows when David Icke became an atheist?

When he released his second book, I accepted his word when he said he was in almost daily communication with ascended masters, Jesus Christ, Rkaorski, Saint Germain etc.

It is written by someone called Ivan Frasier.
I have read The biggest secret, And the truth will set you free and his latest book but not his earler ones.
Did he used to believe in Jesus at one point and was he religious once and then changed his mind?
niall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 04:05 PM   #2
haukipesukone

Good question. I have no idea. I could imagine he doesn't want to advertise his change of beliefs and the reasons that led to it.
"What lies within always has a form without and that which is without takes a shape within. Put another way, we sometimes say that which is visible must always have an invisible aspect, just as everything invisible must be represented by the visible."
- Oone the dreamthief

Peruse through Bad Poetry of Pain and Hurt
Or wrack your brain with Concordia ab Chao and Your Life is a Lie
haukipesukone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 04:05 PM   #3
schaff
Banned

I aint read his early books either but the book i think the guy is talking about might be truth vibrations. Be interested to find out exactly when he changed his view though if he once did believe in Jesus.Good question niall.
schaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 04:42 PM   #4
novymir

Default religious atheism

I'm not "religious" or "atheist". I doubt David Icke would accept either labels.
Labels and stereo-types are prisons for the mind. They also increase the probability of manifesting if the identification is accepted as true and real. From an individual level to the collective consciousness level.
novymir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 05:44 PM   #5
cleft_asunder
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by niall View Post
I came across this quote and wondered if anyone knows when David Icke became an atheist?

When he released his second book, I accepted his word when he said he was in almost daily communication with ascended masters, Jesus Christ, Rkaorski, Saint Germain etc.

I have read The biggest secret, And the truth will set you free and his latest book but not his earler ones.
Did he used to believe in Jesus at one point and was he religious once and then changed his mind?
I have never heard or read Icke speak of being in communication with ascended masters.
cleft_asunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 06:18 PM   #6
grenadene
Banned

I consider myself a spiritual person.. but in no way religious, apart from a pretty strict moral code. There could well have been a Jesus, I couldn't possibly comment as I wasn't there at the time and the historical evidence has been fudged to say the least. If being an atheist means not subscribing to a recognised world religion or not believing in an old guy in the sky with a beard and a bad temper, then most of those interested in the work of David Icke could probably be classed as atheist too?
grenadene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 06:42 PM   #7
beldazar

yes, good question Niall, I have been puzzled with the Truth Vibrations book. I picked up a book from the charity shop called 'Madam Blavatskys Baboon, in the introductions bit, it was about David Icke belonging to the Ascended Masters! Its not a very good book so far so I take it with a pinch of salt but has anyone here read Truth Vibrations and this connection? It would be good to find out but its not in stock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sipD...layer_embedded
beldazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 06:44 PM   #8
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by novymir View Post
I'm not "religious" or "atheist". I doubt David Icke would accept either labels.
Labels and stereo-types are prisons for the mind. They also increase the probability of manifesting if the identification is accepted as true and real. From an individual level to the collective consciousness level.
I totally agree.
I dont think that Icke considers himself to be an atheist or ANY "ist".
steevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 06:51 PM   #9
niall
Banned

When i first read the quote i wasn't sure if it was true because in the icke books i have read he always says that Jesus didn't exist, so i was really surprised to read that he used to channel him.
Has anyone else read about him being in daily communication with Jesus?

Last edited by niall; 29-11-2008 at 06:52 PM.
niall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 07:03 PM   #10
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers

I don't think Icke is an Atheist... as he does believe in a concept of some kind of God energy.... source... its just he does not think of it as a person... or a being.

Regarding his older texts... he was talking about the energy from the God head.... he said "people like" jesus... Buddha and so on had also felt this conciousness... and belived many such people over the years have experienced this god head conciousness he was not really specificity talking about Jesus.. just used him as one of the examples.,, I don't think he ever believed IN Jesus as such.... and he has never claimed that Jesus did not exist in later texts, he said he may not have, but certainly did not believe the story of Jesus that that the bible portrayed.

That's going by his famous "son of god head interview" that gave the media the amo they needed against him..

He felt we are all apart of the god head and were all sons and daughters of it, it its just that some are more connected to it than others.... so on..so on...

but this was right at the start of his research... he later researched the Jesus story and felt that particular story was not true..

Im sure he still belives in his original concept... and "infinite love is the only truth everything else is illusion" pretty much goes deeper into that..

Listen & Subscribe to THA Talks
Facebook Page

Last edited by thirdwave; 29-11-2008 at 07:14 PM.
thirdwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 07:16 PM   #11
xpleet

Quote:
I accepted his word when he said he was in almost daily communication with ascended masters, Jesus Christ, Rkaorski, Saint Germain etc.

Oh my freaking god I can't believe what I'm reading there, if this is true.

David Icke - a channeler for the Anunnaki demi-gods.
"The desire for liberation from Darkness burns deeply within all children of the True Creator of Light. This yearning for liberation is NOT a psychological escapism. It is something that all True-Light beings have within themselves. They all long for their return to their True Home." - Amitakh http://xeeatwelve.com/

Last edited by xpleet; 29-11-2008 at 07:17 PM.
xpleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 07:24 PM   #12
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers

here is an old interview with David being questioned....

kind of shows more his mind set back then,,, he describes the bible as a "fundamentally confused document"..... and how there is a "thin line of truth" in the bible.

Listen & Subscribe to THA Talks
Facebook Page

Last edited by thirdwave; 29-11-2008 at 07:36 PM.
thirdwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 07:27 PM   #13
crimsonblade

David Icke is not an atheist. Since entering the metaphysical/conspiratorial arena, his belief in an all-encompassing cosmic consciousness has remained consistent. It is important to understand that atheism is not the only alternative to the stagnating religious concepts of God/Gods, or beliefs in a divine creator external to oneself.

As far as i'm aware, in his early days David did write that he was in touch with ascended masters with whom he communicated using psychics. The confusion in this thread might relate to the fact that David, in light of his admirable 'not caring what anybody thinks about me' belief, seldom notes when his matured, evolved beliefs contradict his previous new age musings.

Personally, I would avoid all his books prior to I am Me, I am Free. They are unwittingly riddled with misinformation, and I think even David has stated he has problems with 'Heal the World'.
crimsonblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 07:42 PM   #14
lessgov2007
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by niall View Post

How does this quote, a single line, demonstrate what Icke may have believed one way or the other?
lessgov2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 11:56 PM   #15
madthumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by novymir View Post
If y'all didn't read this very wise statement yet, read it.
Old 30-11-2008, 12:55 AM   #16
impermanence
Inactive

Anybody who senses consciousness / love is possibly the source of all existence and it permeates everything is not an Atheist, therefore David Icke is clearly not an Atheist.

However he is also not a Theist, he has no dogmatic belief system and as far as I know does not worship any higher power.

There is a middle ground Niall. David like most people on this forum it seems does not have any time for the draconian, monotheistic dogmas of the past; belief systems or absolute, objective truth in general is something intelligent, critical thinkers can simply not accept, especially so when they are clearly tools of oppression. Dogmatic ideologies, be it religion or patriotism are primitive doctrines forced upon scared, deluded or seduced naive simpletons.

But Atheism is just as absurd, to claim to know nothing exists except the material world around you is surly just as primitive, dull and conceited a view. As Robert Anton Wilson once said, "certitude belongs exclusively to those who only own one encyclopaedia." The more I learn the more confused I get, I know most deep contemplating people feel the same.

The middle ground, if you have to label rational, free thinking individuals anything is; Agnosticism.

Definition of Agnosticism: the philosophical view that the truth value of certain claims — particularly metaphysical claims regarding theology, afterlife or the existence of deities, ghosts, or even ultimate reality — is unknown or, depending on the form of agnosticism, inherently impossible to prove or disprove. It is often put forth as a middle ground between theism and atheism.

David Icke like most people on the forum are spiritual Human beings, liberated from archaic Belief Systems (BS - Bull Shit) and authoritarian ideologies. We intuitively sense many things, we don't like to be told what to think or do, we know anything is possible but don't claim to know for sure what the fuck is really going on, we explore many avenues. How could we possibly know WTF is going on when we never even experience the universe as it actually is, only electro-chemical impulses in our brains!!!

In the eyes of modern western society most people here would be labelled new agers or agnostic libertarians (maybe anarchists). Some may be secular humanists, others conspiracy nuts. Bah they're all just stupid labels, we're Human beings searching for our own truth.

Last edited by impermanence; 30-11-2008 at 12:58 AM.
impermanence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 01:06 AM   #17
oceanwave

does it matter what he believes?

...if so, then this is a fansite

otherwise...

...who gives a fuck?...
life is but a gleam.
oceanwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 01:48 AM   #18
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdwave View Post
I don't think Icke is an Atheist... as he does believe in a concept of some kind of God energy.... source... its just he does not think of it as a person... or a being.
Quote:
Originally Posted by impermanence View Post
Anybody who senses consciousness / love is possibly the source of all existence and it permeates everything is not an Atheist, therefore David Icke is clearly not an Atheist.
I agree. Atheists believe that when you're dead you're dead and that's it.

I Am Warrior, Queen Tantrum
armoured_amazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 01:54 AM   #19
sunya
Premier Subscribers

Super Best Friends FTW
Old 30-11-2008, 01:58 AM   #20
size_of_light

If I had to guess I'd say he wouldn't label himself as anything, but if you wanted to use a more accurate term to describe his outlook it would be non-theistic, not atheistic.
size_of_light is offline   Reply With Quote