Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 27-10-2008, 08:55 AM   #1
timezone

Thumbs down Incapacity benefit will be replaced

Benefit changes come into force

Incapacity benefit will be replaced with a new employment and support allowance today under the latest phase of the government's programme of benefit reform. Skip related content

Under the new system, ill or disabled benefit claimants will have their capability assessed by an expert health professional within weeks.

The government said the changes reflect an end to "writing people off". Work and pensions secretary James Purnell said: "In the 1990s people were written off on incapacity benefit with no help to overcome their problems or support to get them into work.

"It is even more important during an economic downturn that we increase support for people not take it away.

"The introduction of employment and support allowance [ESA], which marks a significant landmark for the delivery of our welfare reforms, will offer the help and support disabled people and people with ill health are telling us they want in order for them to get back to work."

The Disability Alliance raised concerns that ESA rates were lower than incapacity benefit. A spokesman welcomed moves to provide personalised employment support.

But he added: "We have concerns over the administration of the new test of entitlement for ESA, the work capability assessment.

"Its predecessor test, the personal capability assessment, has more than 60,000 appeals against incorrect decisions every year, with 50 per cent of these appeals being successful.

"Jobcentre Plus must improve its decision-making standards, including consideration of medical evidence and the standard of medical examinations."

Reforms to the way single parents apply for child maintenance also come into force on Monday amid concerns that the changes could leave to fewer poor children receiving the benefit.

Under the arrangements single parents on benefits will have to decide whether to continue using the Child Support Agency, make their own arrangements, or do without child maintenance altogether.

Fiona Weir, chief executive of the One Parent Families/Gingerbread group, said: "We fear that many poor single parents on benefit will struggle to agree private child support arrangements and their children may end up doing without.

"This would be disastrous for the children affected and for the government's child poverty targets."
timezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 09:08 AM   #2
rhydra

"Don't get old, don't get sick"
Neil Kinnock.

Seems now to have been a plan not a warning.
Old 27-10-2008, 09:18 AM   #3
tracker

well lets face it , they know what they are doing . as usual it is a way to slowly take away money that people are entitled too , the slow tip toe aproach of trickle trickle .
whilst agreeing that even incapacitated people can do something , even if its typing , i cant help but think alot of inoscent people will suffer over this crap as usual.

we can only wait and see , and as usual , expect a big desaster .
tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 09:46 AM   #4
daveashe

Angry

This is unreal, how can they make disabled people work? The whole point in them getting the money is BECAUSE they can't work, so what is this all about??

I know for sure now: The government is DEFINETLY not your friend.
daveashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #5
tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveashe View Post
This is unreal, how can they make disabled people work? The whole point in them getting the money is BECAUSE they can't work, so what is this all about??

I know for sure now: The government is DEFINETLY not your friend.
some people who are wheel chair bound can still work , and thats about the truth of it .
ever heard of computers ? well typing doesnt need legs to do it .
same with other ailments , although as i said , there will be people who truly suffer because they are unable to work .

but make no mistake , disabled people , a large amount can still work .

take an old guy around the corner from me .

he has alotments
he has a new car for disabled people every 3 years
gets a blue disabled badge from the tax payers too
walks every day

now that chap can work ,and the sooner he does the better for many of us , its people like him that have made this scheme come about in the 1st place .
typical cons like him need to be in work .

although thats not to say all disabled people are cons coz as i said , many genuine people will suffer , but also , there are thousands of people claiming my money , and other peoples taxes , for the ability to live at every ones elses expense just because they believe life oues them one , so quite frankly , this will tidy up some loose ends and the sooner the better .
tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 09:59 AM   #6
luke1721
Banned

but make no mistake , disabled people , a large amount can still work .

Most people disabled or not want to work but these governments deliberately create unemployment. Whilst the poorest people in society are again persecuted by the system we have corrupt Satanic Bastards like that Queer Mandalson involved in yet another Scandal called Yatchgate by the tabloids.
luke1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 10:18 AM   #7
daveashe

Angry

You don't know the real situation of disabled people, for all you know he could be on an oxygen mask half the day indoors, and just does gardening to keep fit, and can't really go far. Or he could have MS, how do YOU know?

If you have MS and can't remember things how do you work, never mind having pain in your body and are easily fatigued.

Its like listening to the stazi the last couple of posts on here, let me make it clear, you're not disabled so how would you know how difficult it is to work?
Old 27-10-2008, 10:19 AM   #8
nofuture

A war on the mentally ill.

Benjamin Netanyahu on 9/11
nofuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 10:44 AM   #9
goldenratio

Incapacity benefit is different to Disability Living Allowance or Attendance Allowance.

DLA is not means tested and can be claimed by anyone under 65 regardless of whether they are working full time or retired millionaires.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Disabled...rt/DG_10011731

AA is the same but for people over 65

IB is supposed to be for people who would normally work but cant due to illness or disability

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Disabled...rt/DG_10016082

its all just about massaging the governments statistics, they dont give a toss how many people are claiming, they just care how many WE THINK are claiming. They actively encouraged over a million people onto IB from Jobseekers allowance to make the unemployment statistics look good, now theyre trying to move the IB statistics

at the end of the day the same people are still in receipt of benefits. theyre not helping anyone theyre just fixing the numbers
Old 27-10-2008, 10:46 AM   #10
luke1721
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveashe View Post
You don't know the real situation of disabled people, for all you know he could be on an oxygen mask half the day indoors, and just does gardening to keep fit, and can't really go far. Or he could have MS, how do YOU know?

If you have MS and can't remember things how do you work, never mind having pain in your body and are easily fatigued.

Its like listening to the stazi the last couple of posts on here, let me make it clear, you're not disabled so how would you know how difficult it is to work?
This is not about difficulty it is about needs and wants, most people disabled or not want to work because the benefits system pays a pittance. I repeat what I said before the government deliberately creates unemployment. It is good for them and bad for us, government is about control.
Old 27-10-2008, 10:52 AM   #11
goldenratio

I dont like the term disabled, I believe everybody has a disability of some sort
Old 27-10-2008, 10:58 AM   #12
luke1721
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenratio View Post
I dont like the term disabled, I believe everybody has a disability of some sort
The Xitians on here are mentally disabled but that is the way the Satanist designed it.

``All propaganda has to be popular and has to adapt its spiritual level to the perception of the least intelligent of those towards whom it intends to direct itself.''
Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf ("My Struggle"), Vol. I
Old 27-10-2008, 11:23 AM   #13
alfrmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofuture View Post
A war on the mentally ill.
It isn't about "helping people to get back into work" it is about saving money by attacking some of the most vunerable in society. A lot of people with mental illness will now have the added stress and anxiety of being "interviewed" and indeed pressurised to do jobs they don't wish to do. The whole inference is that disabled people are "scroungers".
alfrmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 11:54 AM   #14
nofuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfrmo View Post
It isn't about "helping people to get back into work" it is about saving money by attacking some of the most vunerable in society. A lot of people with mental illness will now have the added stress and anxiety of being "interviewed" and indeed pressurised to do jobs they don't wish to do. The whole inference is that disabled people are "scroungers".

Yes and if some of these deeply troubled people start roaming the streets looking for revenge on the smug well off cretins who believe the propaganda of the gutter press it would not surprise me.

Benjamin Netanyahu on 9/11
nofuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 11:59 AM   #15
drhemp

This is just the kind of thing you would expect from this nasty government.

They wont be cutting expenditure on the big brother state or weapons systems from British Aerospace.
Old 27-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #16
w1nstonsm1th84

Default The shape of things to come...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhemp View Post
This is just the kind of thing you would expect from this nasty government.

They wont be cutting expenditure on the big brother state or weapons systems from British Aerospace.
Exactly.

This is a world wide agenda, creating a Brave New (Darwinian) World. I read an article in The Daily Telegraph a couple of months ago, about how the church wants to get involved in putting the sick and disabled to work. It reminded me of the workhouse days of the 1700s to early 1900s. Since they are going to privatize the welfare system here- I envisage that many people (disabled/sick or not) will work for their feudal overlords, just for their unemployment benefit.

Talk about Orwellian Doublethink... Working for unemployment benefit.

Disclaimer: All postings are the responsibility of the respective contributor- I do not necessarily agree with, or endorse, any of the subject matter contained within them. -'w1nstonsm1th84'
Quote:
Proverbs 13:20 (NIV) He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.
w1nstonsm1th84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 12:44 PM   #17
daveashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1nstonsm1th84 View Post
Exactly.

This is a world wide agenda, creating a Brave New (Darwinian) World. I read an article in The Daily Telegraph a couple of months ago, about how the church wants to get involved in putting the sick and disabled to work. It reminded me of the workhouse days of the 1700s to early 1900s. Since they are going to privatize the welfare system here- I envisage that many people (disabled/sick or not) will work for their feudal overlords, just for their unemployment benefit.

Talk about Orwellian Doublethink... Working for unemployment benefit.
Its no better than slavery, and with the 'credit crunch' a LOT more people will be unemployed working for their 'benefits' - and because these people are doing work now, even more people that were being paid a proper salary to do a job will lose it simply because of all the slave labour created by this 'Working for unemployment' coming in to effect.

One party state with everyone working for the goverment, with phony wars against an enemy that is not there, survailence cameras everywhere and controlled mainstream media with one story - their story of the events, does it remind you of 1984 at all?
Old 27-10-2008, 12:49 PM   #18
agneau

There’s a lot going on here and the thread is taking off at some strange tangents, but the original article simply explained that there was going to be MORE support for the long-term unemployed through disability.

In fact, the disability alliance likes the idea, even though it has concerns over the rates.

So it’s not really a question of MAKING the disabled go to work that is being mooted – it’s simply helping those that want to whilst at the same time quickly identifying those who are swinging the proverbial lead.

There’s nothing in that article that even remotely implies that, for example, the mentally ill will be pressurised into seeking jobs and attending interviews – that’s just scaremongering of the worst kind.

On a totally separate note, I would suggest that there is a good argument for saying that, wherever possible, disabled or not, all unemployment benefits ought to be ‘worked’ for. Why should they be ‘free’? Seeking employment is not a full-time occupation.
agneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 12:55 PM   #19
lewi

Looks like this country is going to see the mental and pyschical handicap living in the streets and foraging for food from bins because the goverment needs to cut One million people from the system.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...its/article.do

http://liarsbuggersandthieves.blogsp...fit-fraud.html

They are going to Cut down how much money people receive at a time when fuel Bills cost of living and everything else is on the raise, people who are on something like 2 pence an hour. I have to say i know some people cheat the system but to punish those who wouldnt even afford to pay a prescription price if forced to take a part time job so the goverment can tick another box of there to who to next destroy list.

What they should of done was created jobs to spy on those who claim they have illness when they dont and work a job on the side those are the ones that should be investigated, not the innocent.

Maybe they need this money for other projects and iam getting it all wrong maybe this money is needed for those people who came from a diffrent country such as asylum seekers immigrants etc in that case cut there payments and empty those buildings the sick are in we have handed everything else to them why not our homes and benefits.

Last edited by lewi; 27-10-2008 at 01:34 PM.
lewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 01:01 PM   #20
agneau

Quote:
What they should of done was created jobs to spy on those who claim they have illness when they dont and work a job on the side those are the ones that should be investigated, not the innocent.
..er, how exactly do they know which are the guilty and which are the innnocent without first investigating all?
agneau is offline   Reply With Quote