Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2008, 09:26 PM   #1
edelweiss pirate

Default Anyone smoked Jimson weed?

Anyone tried this stuff? Actual true hallucinations, stronger than LSD's mere sensory distortion!

Quote:
There is a mnemonic device for the physiological effects of datura/atropine intoxication: "blind as a bat, mad as a hatter, red as a beet, hot as hell, dry as a bone, the bowel and bladder lose their tone, and the heart runs alone." Another rhyme describing its effects is, "Can't see, can't spit, can't pee, can't shit." Regarding Datura, among the Navajo is the folk admonition, 'Eat a little, and go to sleep. Eat some more, and have a dream. Eat some more, and don't wake up.' The actual effects are reported to be: cycloplegia and mydriasis (extreme dilation of the pupil), flushed, warm and dry skin, dry mouth, urinary retention and ileus (slowing or stopping of intestinal movement), rapid heart beat, hypertension or hypotension, and choreoathetosis/jerky movements. In case of overdose the effects are hyperthermia, coma, respiratory arrest[citation needed], and seizures. The vast majority of atropine-poisoning cases are accompanied by delirium with visual and auditory hallucinations.

The effects of Datura have been described as a living dream: consciousness falls in and out, people who don't exist or are miles away are conversed with, etc. The effects can last for days. Tropane alkaloids are some of the few substances which cause true hallucinations which cannot be distinguished from reality. It may be described as a "real" trance when a user under the effect can be awake but completely disconnected from his immediate environment. In this case, the user would ignore most stimuli and respond to unreal ones. This is unlike psilocybin or LSD, which only cause sensory distortions.

If taken recreationally and the user does not notice any conscious effects, many people redose thinking it's not working, which is why overdoses are common. The user doesn't realize that he or she was hallucinating. Some users have reported seeing an array of people from their lives. A few anecdotal reports also mention the user's perception of "phantom cigarettes"; the person believes that he or she is smoking a cigarette only to find that it has disappeared later, thus realizing that it never existed. This hallucination is reported among both smokers and non-smokers.[2] There have been reports of the user interacting with other unreal objects also, such as looking down and seeing a cigarette lighter in one's hand then dropping it, and after a minute or two of searching, the user often realizes that this lighter or any other unreal object never existed. Returning to "reality" from datura-induced hallucinations is often coupled with momentary disorientation. At the peak of such experiences users often enter a true psychotomimetic state, in which they "lose touch with reality" altogether; at this point, many find it difficult or impossible to communicate with others.

A majority of users who have written reports on experiences with datura have described those experiences as unpleasant and sometimes terrifying. This is possibly due to their having taken excessive doses. The powerful effects of Datura continue until the body metabolizes the tropane alkaloids.

Scopolamine is the primary hallucinogen in Datura wrightii from California and other Daturas. Scopolamine can be slowly and erratically absorbed into the brain. In most people, scopolamine reaches the brain within an hour or so after ingestion and causes visual and auditory hallucinations. In about 25% of people, scopolamine is very slowly absorbed into the brain, taking up to 13 hours to enter the brain. These are the people who are at the highest risk of overdosing. They become impatient waiting for the recreational high and take more of the plant extract.

Visit the Truthatron

Visit the Truthspoon

From the man they couldn't recruit. Illuminati analysis, and a bit of messing about on the side.
edelweiss pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:08 PM   #2
entrangermercenary
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate View Post
Anyone tried this stuff? Actual true hallucinations, stronger than LSD's mere sensory distortion!
sounds great sign me up
entrangermercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:16 PM   #3
w1nstonsm1th84

Arrow Re: Anyone smoked Jimson weed?

Nope, I don't take drugs.

Disclaimer: All postings are the responsibility of the respective contributor- I do not necessarily agree with, or endorse, any of the subject matter contained within them. -'w1nstonsm1th84'
Quote:
Proverbs 13:20 (NIV) He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.
w1nstonsm1th84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:23 PM   #4
supertzar

If I ever did it I would approach it with extreme caution. One person told me they ate a handful of seeds and had a crazy experience for three days, complete with full hallucinations.
supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #5
psych641

true hallucinations = delirium.

apart from 'astral flying' & 'lycanthropy' (shapeshifting into a wolf) anecdotes i cant see anything to recommend tropanes over psychedelics.

Although people seem quite prepared to drink aya containing it?
psych641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:57 PM   #6
drhemp

This isn't like a nice magic mushroom trip, this is serious, and potentially dangerous stuff. It should only really ever be taken by an experienced Shaman who knows what they are doing. Take datura for a recreational high at your peril.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:02 PM   #7
Infinite I

Sounds well dodgy all the tropane alkaloids sound very scary. Ive read a lot of reports and rarely do you find any positive experiences. Cant remember where I read this one sure it was erowid but from memory this guy said him and his friend prepared a brew of datura and drank it. After they drank it they sat watching tv and both had very dry mouths and sore eyes, they thought they needed some benzos so one of them decided to go out and get some on his motorbike, went out couldnt get any came back and sat down then his friend said he had never left the house. So he went out in his bike again to try get some while the friend waited again, this happened a couple times again where his friend assured him he didnt even leave the flat.

Guy woke up the next morning, could have been longer, naked behind his local shop covered in cuts and bruises. Turned out he didnt even own a motorbike and his friend who helped him prepare the brew died two years ago! Sounds like a mad ghost story I know but the guy said he remembers getting datura then he cant remmeber where his friend and the brew came in, some seriously messed up shit.

Stuck in my head that one! A lot of people who take it get permanent damage to their eyes. Apparantly the spirit of it doesnt care wether you die or go schizo whatever, your supposed to see the other side and cant tell whast what. Went through a faze of reading all about it forget a lot now though, my friend has some seeds!

The Spice expands conciousness

The Spice is vital for space travel
Infinite I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:07 PM   #8
disorder2k8
Inactive

I had the phantom cigerettes and other assorted effects from your description the past few nights, some more very strange dreams. I haven't smoked any of that, as far as I know.
disorder2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:09 PM   #9
whiterain

yeah i think the closest ill ever get to it will be reading the erowid vaults. some unbelievable stories in there that could well put even the most experienced person in the shitter. anyone wishing to try this work your way up the ladder first and go damn easy!
Old 09-10-2008, 11:17 PM   #10
psych641

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmt head View Post
Sounds well dodgy all the tropane alkaloids sound very scary. Ive read a lot of reports and rarely do you find any positive experiences. Cant remember where I read this one sure it was erowid but from memory this guy said him and his friend prepared a brew of datura and drank it. After they drank it they sat watching tv and both had very dry mouths and sore eyes, they thought they needed some benzos so one of them decided to go out and get some on his motorbike, went out couldnt get any came back and sat down then his friend said he had never left the house. So he went out in his bike again to try get some while the friend waited again, this happened a couple times again where his friend assured him he didnt even leave the flat.

Guy woke up the next morning, could have been longer, naked behind his local shop covered in cuts and bruises. Turned out he didnt even own a motorbike and his friend who helped him prepare the brew died two years ago! Sounds like a mad ghost story I know but the guy said he remembers getting datura then he cant remmeber where his friend and the brew came in, some seriously messed up shit.
I read a trip report, where someone ran barefoot cross country, panic-stricken for miles & miles even swimming through lakes, sustained only by their own urine, which they had sense enough to drink. 2-3 days later they were found their body covered in blood, bruises & cuts etc, clothes ripped to shreds.

Another one ended with a phantom spirit intent on killing them, chasing them down a highway. Someone actually stopped their car and rescued them - a psychiatric nurse who recognised the 'mad' look of terror.
psych641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:25 PM   #11
onourwayto2012
Premier Subscribers

I read a trip report, where someone ran barefoot cross country, panic-stricken for miles & miles even swimming through lakes, sustained only by their own urine, which they had sense enough to drink. 2-3 days later they were found their body covered in blood, bruises & cuts etc, clothes ripped to shreds.

Geeeez.... now THAT sounds like a real blast!
onourwayto2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:37 AM   #12
jimmi

The description of the 'real' hallucinations given by the first post remind me very much of the worst 'trip' I ever had twenty five or so years ago, already a veteran of acid and mushrooms when someone recommended trying an over the counter medication in a specific dose, well I've always been game for a laugh!
I have never been tempted to try it again, the worst vision, which was as real to me as your reality is to you at any time, was of my mother disintegrating before me like Dracula turning to dust when the light gets him! I chased my girlfriend and her friend all around town for three and a half hours, at one point climbing over walls with broken glass embedded in the top, but in her reality she was tucked up in bed miles away!
It's still available, over the counter!
jimmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:04 AM   #13
the seeker

Very dangerous. Quite easily fatal. I would not mess around with this stuff.
the seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:17 AM   #14
disorder2k8
Inactive

Is the effect anything like a stronger version of salvia or acid or magic mushrooms? Because Ive had all those.
disorder2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:21 AM   #15
Infinite I

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi View Post
The description of the 'real' hallucinations given by the first post remind me very much of the worst 'trip' I ever had twenty five or so years ago, already a veteran of acid and mushrooms when someone recommended trying an over the counter medication in a specific dose, well I've always been game for a laugh!
I have never been tempted to try it again, the worst vision, which was as real to me as your reality is to you at any time, was of my mother disintegrating before me like Dracula turning to dust when the light gets him! I chased my girlfriend and her friend all around town for three and a half hours, at one point climbing over walls with broken glass embedded in the top, but in her reality she was tucked up in bed miles away!
It's still available, over the counter!
Is that motionsickness tablets your talking about?? You used to be able to get them here and people used top freak out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder2k8 View Post
Is the effect anything like a stronger version of salvia or acid or magic mushrooms? Because Ive had all those.
No, does it sound like a stronger salvia or mushrooms??

The Spice expands conciousness

The Spice is vital for space travel
Infinite I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:16 PM   #16
eternal_spirit
Inactive

You can have some of the same effects from sniffing butane gas and petrol (other realities, psychosis, hallucanations) but it don't last for days, usually minutes, but you can go in and out of the trip all day long if you carry on inhaling/sniffing once you've come down. It was the cheapest way to trip back in the 80's.

But of course there were many stories in the News of people dying from inhaling butane gas.
eternal_spirit is offline   Reply With Quote