Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Political Manipulation / Cover-Ups / False Flags
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 22-07-2014, 01:26 PM   #6541
hunkahunka

with everything that is emerging on the entire Bohemian Club, California/CIA scene, you can stop believing anything which you were told about anything related to anyone involved.

We were told that Manson was an anti-war malcontent and guru, who, by the sheer power of his bulging eyeballs, had arranged to have Tate and Folger murdered. We were told that Manson got caught, and told that Manson has been in jail for almost 45 years for it. Now it is obvious that it was all a lie. That the Tate murders were faked and staged by the military-intelligence team of Peter Folger and Paul Tate, and that Manson is nothing but an actor who never went to jail and still apparently loves the warm California sun.

What this reveals then , is that a lot of the related 'deaths' have to come under question. If Sharon Tate and Abigail Folger craved a new life elsewhere and agreed to fake their deaths and leave the madness of California to help military intelligence with arguably the biggest Operation Chaos psy-op of all, then you can best believe that others have gone the same route. New identities, maybe higher-echelon existences elsewhere.
Why else would they want to leave the money identity behind?

Do I believe that El Duce was found dead on train tracks because some National Press Club masonic cock sucker decided to issue a press release
to that effect. What if known police informant Eldon Hoke was mixed up in biker war shit and did the whole 'witness relocation program' thing and they put out a fake death story?

The point is that nothing you hear from this whole milieu can be believed anymore.

Another big lie being pushed by the 'murdered Cobain'industry team is that Cobain's blood level of heroin would have made it impossible for Cobain to have shot himself after injecting himself, which is simply not true.

Heroin junkies notoriously miss the mark when injecting and when that happens it takes far longer for them to absorb the heroin into their bloodstream.

They easily and often (while stressed or intoxicated) miss the targeted vein and have to wait longer for the high to kick in. Some people have died of overdoses because they injected intramuscularly by accident, grew impatient waiting for the buzz to take effect, and injected again. Once the original injection absorbed, they were over the safe dose which they could handle and died.

Cobain was an experienced heroin addict. He could have been very high on heroin one night, 'found peace' at the idea of ending it (under the influence of heroin) and decided to end his life. To that effect he could then have injected a suicide dose of heroin, accidentally hit an artery instead of a vein (wrong direction), and realized that he had a nightmarish wait
for the fatal dose to absorb, and shot himself to get it over with.

I am not claiming that I am certain that this is what happened. The fact remains that the constant refrain of "it is impossible for it to have been suicide" is a lie.

The industry shills always insist that Cobain's high blood heroin level proves that Cobain would have been 'instantly incapacitated' by injection of it,and therefore incapable of shooting himself afterward , which is pure bullshit.

For one thing, no one knows how many times Cobain injected
that night. If he did half the dose earlier , and the other half later, it is obvious that it was not all injected in one 'instanty incapaciting' dosage.

He had two fresh injection sites on his body, so there ya go. Divided dose, then shotgun. Suicide.

Judy Garland died of an overdose, and in that case the coroner concluded that she'd done it accidentally and gradually, by too many pills, too often, in too few hours, which would build up the toxin in her blood enough over time to eventually kill her. So she overdosed on pills, but not all in one 'suicidal dose'. Same could go for Cobain.

Maybe the two divided doses allowed him time to shoot himself.

But then that's boring and it doesn't allow for them to put out documentary after documentary puffing up a guy who had ONE hit album and claiming that he'd been the equivalent of Elvis.

Last edited by hunkahunka; 22-07-2014 at 11:46 PM.
hunkahunka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2014, 02:46 PM   #6542
hunkahunka

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunkahunka View Post
So its still looking like a cozy arrangement.

Duff McKagan was in the Seattle 'hard core' punk/metal band The Fartz
before he moved to LA:

Here they played a 1982 gig with The Clash in Seattle:

The Clash (Joe Strummer) with The English Beat and the Fartz (Duff McKagan) August 21st, 1982

Four years later Duff Mckagan's with Courtney Love on the set of
'Sid n' Nancy' (1986)

The year after that Joe Strummer of The Clash is with Courtney on the set
of 'Straight to Hell' (1987) with Grace Slick, Courtney Love's father's friend
from Jefferson Airplane.
The Clash opened for the Sex Pistols and toured England with them

Courtney Love would have been around 14 or so during this time period. Her father was/is an Anglophile / Beatleite , traveling constantly back and forth between the UK and US. As was his daughter. Harrison apparently had fairly close ties to the Beatles contingent of Mi6.

Sid Vicious death : February 2 1979 - when Courtney Love was 15 or 16
John Lennon death: December 8, 1980, when Courtney Love was 16.
So the trail of intrigue seems to lead to Hank Harrison/Courtney Love/David Geffen from Sid Vicious to John Lennon to Kurt Cobain.

Last edited by hunkahunka; 22-07-2014 at 03:03 PM.
Old 23-07-2014, 04:39 AM   #6543
hunkahunka

this is looking like satanic cult shit, all these young men disappearing
from bars.
Anderson Cooper reports on the Smiley Face Killer Case
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfqRD7h8tF0

Adrenochrome ? Satanic rituals?

the victim map looks almost like a rock tour. The investigators need to check out which band or network of bands played some of these bars

Last edited by hunkahunka; 23-07-2014 at 04:52 AM.
Old 23-07-2014, 06:56 AM   #6544
greydove

Interesting read on Charles Manson and Elvis Presley

http://jeffschrembs.wordpress.com/20...jeff-schrembs/

To even put the names “Charles Manson” and “Elvis Presley” into the same “story” is both shocking and…intriguing. In human history one would be hard pressed to find two people who were more…polar opposites. In spite of their “notoriety” never before has the true story been told, in its entirety, about what really occurred in 1969 as it related to “Charles Manson” and “Elvis Presley”. Two sides of the same coin? No. However, fate has a way of bringing together individuals who (one their own) would never have interacted. Thus was the case here as these men would meet and lives would forever be changed including their own.

In summary, in California 1969 Charles Manson was found on the property of Elvis Presley. How he got there, why he got there, and his intent for being there remains…speculative. The fact is that Charles Manson was there, without invitation, and before his name, face, and his actions would repulse a Nation.

Last edited by greydove; 23-07-2014 at 06:57 AM.
greydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 03:24 PM   #6545
hunkahunka

I checked to see if this is a hoax photoshop , but every full version that I could see of the photograph used at the end of the Shining contains these people:

Note the X Large doors to the room, also. If this is the real photograph used
in the end of the film, it is hard to believe that no one has noticed this before.

Notice the party whistle. This is probably a New YEars Eve gathering, not a 4th of July
party.

countdown to midnight, witching hour

Last edited by hunkahunka; 23-07-2014 at 07:56 PM.
Old 23-07-2014, 07:21 PM   #6546
hunkahunka

Quote:
Originally Posted by greydove View Post
Interesting read on Charles Manson and Elvis Presley

http://jeffschrembs.wordpress.com/20...jeff-schrembs/
[/I]
Yes , it contains some more eye-opening information on military connections to Hollywood (its becoming obvious that the government owns and runs the media)

The woman he thought he would marry when he was drafted was now replaced in his heart by a young American whose father was in the military also stationed in Germany. He was unsure about “what was next” whether it was recording, live performances, or movies. Under the guidance of Colonel Parker Elvis agreed to do a “few pictures” which soon turned into “money making machines” rendering Elvis (contractually) incapable of doing anything else.

It also links Joan Crawford's close friend Doris Day to the psy-op. These 'band managers' like Hank Harrison and David Geffen (who managed 'Crosby , Stills and Nash in 1969) and Doris Day's son
Terry Melcher (Melcher was also a board member of the Monterey Pop Foundation and a producer of the Monterey Pop Festival in 1967) producer and manager for The Byrds and the Beach Boys, imo were
all go-betweens and organizers , between these bands and the CIA. In fact they were CIA.

Dennis Wilson, of the Beach Boys, became enamored with Manson and promised him a meeting with Terry Melcher (who was the son of legendary actress Doris Day) , manager of the musical group “The Byrd’s” who were an “up and coming hot rock group”. Manson (excitingly) responded with one word…“cool” when hearing about this meeting. Manson realized the ever increasing need to provide money for “the family”. Manson believed that a “musical contract” would provide just such an income along with giving Manson the “forum” to where he could spread his messages…to others.

Joan Crawford with Doris Day

The following meshes well with my theory that Paul McCartney wrote some songs for the Beatles white album which were intentionally created for the planned Manson psy-op. According to this , Manson knew about the Beatles involvement:

Charles Manson had distinct tastes in music throughout his childhood. But now, in 1969, Manson had believed that the Beatles had “tuned in” to Manson’s “vibes” and “words”. Manson believed that the Beatles, in the form of songs on their albums, responded directly to Manson. Manson shared this belief with every member of the “family”.

A dead giveaway that the murders were staged is that Sharon Tate and Polanski were renting the home in which Tate was purportedly murdered. These were rich young people expecting a baby , and they are going to rent their home? Why? Guess who lived there before Tate and Polanski allegedly lived there?
Terry Melcher . It turns out that Terry Melcher did not even own it. It was owned and rented to him
by Rudi Altobelli, music and film (read CIA) bigshot, and the house itself appears to have been little more than a glorified motel for industry people to use:

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10050_C...Los_Angeles%29
Rudi Altobelli, a music and film industry talent manager, bought the house for $86,000 in the early 1960s and often rented it out.[2] Residents included Cary Grant(Joan Crawford co-star) and Dyan Cannon (it was their honeymoon nest in 1965[3]), Henry Fonda(Joan Crawford co-star), George Chakiris, Mark Lindsay, Paul Revere & The Raiders, Samantha Eggar and Olivia Hussey. Charles Manson visited the house in late 1968, when it was occupied by couple Terry Melcher (the son of actress Doris Day) and Candice Bergen with roommate/talent-manager Roger Hart.[4] The couple split in early 1969, with Melcher relocating to Malibu. In February 1969, Roman Polanski and his wife Sharon Tate began renting the home from Altobelli
This is a red flag that the whole thing was nothing but a set. What's more, the history of the place dates back to Joan Crawford's crowd.

Cary Grant with Doris Day

Cary Grant, left, with Joan Crawford and John Ireland

Last edited by hunkahunka; 24-07-2014 at 07:56 AM.
Old 23-07-2014, 10:18 PM   #6547
greydove

Well, Mommie Dearest always did creep me out.

Looking at all of these connections and the so-called "race war" element really makes me re-think the national hoopla and connections surrounding the Nicole Brown Simpson/ OJ Simpson Murder.

My spidey sense is telling me that Nicole Brown's Murder, like the Tate murder was just another intelligence/satanic cluster fuck mess

Last edited by greydove; 23-07-2014 at 10:24 PM.
greydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 10:49 PM   #6548
hunkahunka

Quote:
Originally Posted by greydove View Post
Well, Mommie Dearest always did creep me out.

Looking at all of these connections and the so-called "race war" element really makes me re-think the national hoopla and connections surrounding the Nicole Brown Simpson/ OJ Simpson Murder.

My spidey sense is telling me that Nicole Brown's Murder, like the Tate murder was just another intelligence/satanic cluster fuck mess
hell, you are right, ALL of these huge media circuses (thanks partially to the Manson revelation) fall under examination now.
Did Nicole Simpson even get stabbed that day?

Have you found anything connecting the Elvis death that Sid Vicious/John Lennon train of thought yet? ) apart from Manson having contacted Elvis (which is a red flag right there) Elvis met with Nixon in 1970, right around the time that Manson was contacting him. Sounds like Manson was there to try to bring Elvis onside, maybe? My guess is that of course Elvis' lines were tapped, and they knew that Elvis was agitating against the 'hippies'.
So, maybe Manson was going to try to tell Elvis the whole plan, tell him The Beatles and The Stones were involved and how he could help etc.?

Elvis died around the time that Sid Vicious and John Lennon died (1977)
Old 24-07-2014, 04:51 AM   #6549
hunkahunka

another mk trail leading to Bob Hope

Frances Farmer was in this 1936 film with Bing Crosby

Four years later Bing Crosby was in this 1940 film with Bob Hope:

Old 25-07-2014, 04:19 PM   #6550
hunkahunka

Quote:

can't help notice a resemblance

Cochlear brain implants charity 'Hearts for Hearing' logo

repost removed image (who the fuck is censoring this forum?)
Old 25-07-2014, 04:26 PM   #6551
lobuk

Quote:
repost removed image (who the fuck is censoring this forum?)
Nobody. The post that you quoted hasn't been edited or it would say. Have had a look at the post (by quoting it) and the image isn't displaying because there is a problem with link itself. This is the url for the image and if you click on it you will see the error message - https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images...2naxuabbfp.png

The url to the image you have just reposted is different than the original.

Last edited by lobuk; 25-07-2014 at 04:27 PM.
lobuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2014, 05:22 PM   #6552
hunkahunka

I tried to quote the original post and find the original image link , and there was nothing left there. The whole image link was gone. which was why I used the term censorship.
Old 26-07-2014, 03:31 AM   #6553
hunkahunka

Doris Day with Bob Hope

Doris Day with David Niven

Doris Day with Judy Garland

Doris Day with Bing Crosby

Joan Crawford with Shirley Temple

Joan Crawford 1923

Sharon Tate
Crawford married three gay men
Bisexuality of Joan. In EB, author Lawrence Quirk says Joan slept with several fellow chorus girls while in NYC, and relates that Joan's press agent Jerry Asher told him Joan had a crush on early co-star Anita Page, and actually slept with Dorothy Sebastian, Gwen Lee, May Clark, and Barbara Stanwyck. (Stanwyck's press agent Helen Ferguson is quoted as saying "There is no doubt in my mind that Joan and Barbara were intimate on more than one occasion.")

Asher also said Joan was interested in Bette Davis in the 1930s (though not at the time Baby Jane was filming, which Davis claimed), when Davis had eyes for Joan's husband Franchot Tone. Said Joan: "Franchot isn't interested in Bette, but I wouldn't mind giving her a poke if I was in the right mood. Wouldn't that be funny?" Quirk also says that in her autobiography, Martha Raye claims she slept with Joan when they were both involved with the USO during WWII.

In DF, author Shaun Considine quotes director Vincent Sherman (himself aWith Marlene Dietrich. Joan-paramour) as saying, "When we were at Columbia [early '50s] there was a girl who was always hanging around [Joan]. We often wondered about her." Considine also quotes actress Louise Brooks that Joan was "one of those girls who went back and forth." And quotes photographer Cecil Beaton re Joan's frequent crushes: "At one time she was insatiably interested in Dietrich...Then she moved on to Lilyan Tashman, followed by the chief of her idols--Greta Garbo."

In CM, author Jane Ellen Wayne relates that when, on the set of '32's Grand Hotel, Greta Garbo took Joan's face in her hands after a chance meeting on-set, With her cousin Betty Jean.Joan was thrilled and later said, "If there was ever a time in my life when I might have become a lesbian, that was it." (Joan mentions the rather sexual excitement of this meeting in her April '73 Town Hall appearance.)

In LW, author Fred Guiles says that Marilyn Monroe told her press agent that Joan had made a drunken pass at her one afternoon while Monroe was trying on clothes at Joan's house. In tapes made for her psychiatrist shortly before her death, published in 2003 in a book by Matthew Smith, Marilyn said of Joan: Oh yes, Crawford. We went to her house from a cocktail party, feeling no pain. We went to the bedroom and went down on each other. Crawford had a gigantic orgasm and shrieked like a maniac. Next time I saw her she wanted another round. I told her straight out I didn't enjoy it much, doing it with a woman. After I turned her down she became spiteful.

In MD, Christina says that a former nurse later told her that Joan had frequently propositioned her. Christina says she already knew about her mother's "lesbian proclivities" and so wasn't surprised at the news, but doesn't elaborate.
Old 26-07-2014, 09:25 AM   #6554
rooey

Sounds like the stars of the day are always quite prolific ummmm (demon) sluts or brain washed betsies? *cough cough* rhianna!! Jessica Simpson!!
rooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2014, 10:28 PM   #6555
hunkahunka

Mia Farrow with Roman Polanski and Sharon Tate

This is too much of a coincidence. Here's what they expect you to believe.

- Mia Farrow acted in the film Rosemary's Baby, under the direction of
producer/director Roman Polanski.

- After the filming or Rosemary's Baby was completed in 1968,
Mia Farrow traveled to Rishikesh, India to study transcendental meditation
and just happened to find The Beatles staying there, participating in exactly
the same course in Transcendental Mediitation.

- The Beatles write the material for the White Album while in Rishikesh, India,
record it in England, and release it on 22 November 1968.

- Charles Manson hears the song Helter Skelter on The Beatles white album,
thinks the Beatles were inspired by him to write it , and then ,
by sheer random coincidence, ends up having his hippie friends
murder the wife of......Roman Polanski.

- In case you are sleeping, Roman Polanski had just recently
directed Mia Farrow in Rosemary's Baby before she went to be
with The Beatles in Rishikesh, India.

- Manson had had no idea who Sharon Tate was ,
in fact he had thought Terry Melcher (who had moved out)
was still living there when he sent his team of killers to butcher
the residents of the house
(purportedly to start an apocalyptic war with a series of similarly vicious
crimes which he'd called 'Helter Skelter'.

- Manson had conceived of this plan while inspired by listening to
the Beatles song Helter Skelter, and had even told his accolytes
that he felt that the Beatles were finally responding to the message
that he, Manson, had been preaching in recent years to anyone who would listen.

- Polanski's wife ended up murdered, and her murder was inspired by music
written by people who'd just been with the star of his film in India months before.

- All of this was random happenstance. None of it had been planned in advance.

Prudence Farrow (far left) with Ringo Starr in India

Quote:
After completing Rosemary’s Baby, Farrow wanted a break from
the movie industry and went to India with her sister Prudence, to study
Transcendental Meditation with the Maharishi.
While there, the sisters encountered the Beatles, who wrote “Dear Prudence”
for Prudence Farrow.

Quote:
The Beatles is the ninth studio album by English rock group the Beatles,
released on 22 November 1968. It is a double album and commonly known as
the White Album, as it has no graphics or text other than the band's name
embossed (and, on the early LP and CD releases, a serial number)
on its plain white sleeve.

Most of the songs on the album were written during early 1968
at a Transcendental Meditation course in Rishikesh, India.
Though the group's experience of the course was mixed, the lack of external
influences and drugs sparked the band's creativity and they returned to England
with around 40 new songs

How's this for another coincidence? Charles Manson was living with his hippie cult friends
at the home of Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys for a few months prior to moving the cult to
Spahn Ranch and committing the purported Tate/Folger murders, and ...........

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_in_the_U.S.S.R.

Back in the U.S.S.R.

Paul McCartney wrote the song Back in the U.S.S.R.
while the Beatles were in Rishikesh, India,
studying Transcendental Meditation.
The title of the song is a tribute to Chuck Berry's "Back in the U.S.A."
while the chorus and background vocals pay homage to the
Beach Boys' "California Girls".

Mike Love of the Beach Boys also attended the retreat in Rishikesh
at the same time
and he has stated in interviews that,
in order to make the song sound more like a Beach Boys number, he encouraged McCartney to "talk about the girls all around Russia, the Ukraine and Georgia" in the lyrics.[6]

In 2013, Love noted, "I was at the breakfast table when Paul McCartney came down with his acoustic guitar playing "Back in the U.S.S.R.". I said, "You ought to put something in about all the girls around Russia," and he did."

Last edited by hunkahunka; 26-07-2014 at 11:12 PM.
Old 28-07-2014, 01:49 PM   #6556
hunkahunka

In the following interview , Doris Tate, purportedly Sharon Tate's mother , discloses that Colonel Paul Tate was stationed at The Presidio base near San Francisco when the Manson hoax took place:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_i4dkq8cBw

by the way, I find it hard to believe that Sharon Tate was the biological offspring of this walrus.
(bet Tate was another one of those secretly adopted Mkultra military family babies)

It figures that the Presidio would be their base of operations for the hoax. The SanFrancisco/Palo Alto/Bohemian Grove area is where most of the Operation Chaos machinations unfolded.

Last edited by hunkahunka; 28-07-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old 30-07-2014, 04:41 PM   #6557
hunkahunka

The Absurd, Bureaucratic Hell That Is the American Police State

By John W. Whitehead
July 28, 2014

“The greatest evil is not now done in those sordid ‘dens of crime’ that Dickens loved to paint. It is not done even in concentration camps and labour camps. In those we see its final result. But it is conceived and ordered (moved, seconded, carried, and minuted) in clean, carpeted, warmed and well-lighted offices, by quiet men with white collars and cut fingernails and smooth-shaven cheeks who do not need to raise their voices. Hence, naturally enough, my symbol for Hell is something like the bureaucracy of a police state or the office of a thoroughly nasty business concern.”—C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

Whether it’s the working mother arrested for letting her 9-year-old play unsupervised at a playground, the teenager forced to have his genitals photographed by police, the underage burglar sentenced to 23 years for shooting a retired police dog, or the 43-year-old man who died of a heart attack after being put in a chokehold by NYPD officers allegedly over the sale of untaxed cigarettes, the theater of the absurd that passes for life in the American police state grows more tragic and incomprehensible by the day.

Debra Harrell, a 46-year-old South Carolina working mother, was arrested, charged with abandonment and had her child placed in state custody after allowing the 9-year-old to spend unsupervised time at a neighborhood playground while the mom worked a shift at McDonald’s. Mind you, the child asked to play outside, was given a cell phone in case she needed to reach someone, and the park—a stone’s throw from the mom’s place of work—was overrun with kids enjoying its swings, splash pad, and shade.

A Connecticut mother was charged with leaving her 11-year-old daughter in the car unsupervised while she ran inside a store—despite the fact that the child asked to stay in the car and was not overheated or in distress. A few states away, a New Jersey man was arrested and charged with endangering the welfare of his children after leaving them in a car parked in a police station parking lot, windows rolled down, while he ran inside to pay a ticket.

A Virginia teenager was charged with violating the state’s sexting law after exchanging sexually provocative videos with his girlfriend. Instead of insisting that the matter be dealt with as a matter of parental concern, police charged the boy with manufacturing and distributing child pornography and issued a search warrant to “medically induce an erection” in the 17-year-old boy in order to photograph his erect penis and compare it to the images sent in the sexting exchange. The police had already taken an initial photograph of the boy’s penis against his will, upon his arrest.

In Georgia, a toddler had his face severely burned when a flash bang grenade, launched by a SWAT team during the course of a no-knock warrant, landed in his portable crib, detonating on his pillow. Also in Georgia, a police officer shot and killed a 17-year-old boy who answered the door, reportedly with a Nintendo Wii controller in his hands. The cop claimed the teenager pointed a gun at her, thereby justifying the use of deadly force. Then there was the incident wherein a police officer, responding to a complaint that some children were “chopping off tree limbs” creating “tripping hazards,” pulled a gun on a group of 11-year-old boys who were playing in a wooded area, attempting to build a tree fort.

While the growing phenomenon of cops shooting family pets only adds to the insanity (it is estimated that a family pet is killed by law enforcement every 98 minutes in America), it’s worse for those who dare to shoot a police dog. Ivins Rosier was 16 when he broke into the home of a Florida highway patrol officer and shot (although he didn’t kill) the man’s retired police dog. For his crime, the teenager was sentenced to 23 years in prison, all the while police officers who shoot family pets are rarely reprimanded.

Meanwhile if you’re one of those hoping to live off the grid, independent of city resources, you might want to think again. Florida resident Robin Speronis was threatened with eviction for living without utilities. Speronis was accused of violating the International Property Maintenance Code by relying on rain water instead of the city water system and solar panels instead of the electric grid.

Now we can shrug these incidents off as isolated injustices happening to “other” people. We can rationalize them away by suggesting that these people “must” have done something to warrant such treatment. Or we can acknowledge that this slide into totalitarianism—helped along by overcriminalization, government surveillance, militarized police, neighbors turning in neighbors, privatized prisons, and forced labor camps, to name just a few similarities—is tracking very closely with what we saw happening in Germany in the years leading up to Hitler’s rise to power.

When all is said and done, what these incidents reflect is a society that has become so bureaucratic, so legalistic, so politically correct, so militaristic, so locked down, so self righteous, and so willing to march in lockstep with the corporate-minded police state that any deviations from the norm—especially those that offend the sensibilities of the “government-knows-best” nanny state or challenge the powers that be—become grist for prosecution, persecution and endless tribulations for the poor souls who are caught in the crosshairs.

Then there are the incidents, less colorful perhaps but no less offensive to the sensibilities of any freedom-loving individual, which should arouse outrage among the populace but often slip under the radar of a sleeping nation.

For instance, not only is the NSA spying on and collecting the content of your communications, but it’s also going to extreme lengths to label as “extremists” anyone who attempts to protect their emails from the government’s prying eyes. Adding insult to injury, those same government employees and contractors spying on Americans’ private electronic communications are also ogling their private photos. Recent revelations indicate that NSA employees routinely pass around intercepted nude photos, considered a “fringe benefit” of surveillance positions.

A trove of leaked documents reveals the government’s unmitigated gall in labeling Americans as terrorists for little more than being suspected of committing “any act that is ‘dangerous’ to property and intended to influence government policy through intimidation.” As The Intercept reports: “This combination—a broad definition of what constitutes terrorism and a low threshold for designating someone a terrorist—opens the way to ensnaring innocent people in secret government dragnets.” All the while, the TSA, despite the billions of dollars we spend on the agency annually and the liberties to which its agents subject travelers, has yet to catch a single terrorist.

No less disconcerting are the rash of incidents in which undercover government agents encourage individuals to commit crimes they might not have engaged in otherwise. This “make work” entrapment scheme runs the gamut from terrorism to drugs. In fact, a recent report released by Human Rights Watch reveals that “nearly all of the highest-profile domestic terrorism plots in the United States since 9/11 featured the ‘direct involvement’ of government agents or informants.”

Most outrageous of all are the asset forfeiture laws that empower law enforcement to rake in huge sums of money by confiscating cash, cars, and even homes based on little more than a suspicion of wrongdoing. In this way, Americans who haven’t been charged with a crime, let alone convicted of wrongdoing, are literally being subjected to highway robbery by government agents offering profit-driven, cash-for-freedom deals.

So who or what is to blame for this bureaucratic nightmare delivered by way of the police state? Is it the White House? Is it Congress? Is it the Department of Homeland Security, with its mobster mindset? Is it some shadowy, power-hungry entity operating off a nefarious plan?

Or is it, as Holocaust survivor Hannah Arendt suggests, the sheepish masses who mindlessly march in lockstep with the government’s dictates—expressing no outrage, demanding no reform, and issuing no challenge to the status quo—who are to blame for the prison walls being erected around us? The author of The Origins of Totalitarianism, Arendt warned that “the greatest evil perpetrated is the evil committed by nobodies, that is, by human beings who refuse to be persons.”

This is where democracy falls to ruin, and bureaucracy and tyranny prevail.

As I make clear in my book A Government of Wolves: The Emerging American Police State, we have only ourselves to blame for this bureaucratic hell that has grown up around us. Too many of us willingly, knowingly and deliberately comprise what Arendt refers to as “cogs in the mass-murder machine.”

These cogs are none other than those of us who have turned a blind eye to the government corruption, or shrugged dismissively at the ongoing injustices, or tuned out the mayhem in favor of entertainment distractions. Just as guilty are those who have traded in their freedoms for a phantom promise of security, not to mention those who feed the machine unquestioningly with their tax dollars and partisan politics.

And then there are those who work for the government, federal, state, local or contractor. These government employees—the soldiers, the cops, the technicians, the social workers, etc.—are neither evil nor sadistic. They’re simply minions being paid to do a job, whether that job is to arrest you, spy on you, investigate you, crash through your door, etc. However, we would do well to remember that those who worked at the concentration camps and ferried the victims to the gas chambers were also just “doing their jobs.”

Then again, if we must blame anyone, blame the faceless, nameless, bureaucratic government machine—which having been erected and set into motion is nearly impossible to shut down—for the relentless erosion of our freedoms through a million laws, statutes, and prohibitions.

If there is any glimmer of hope to be found, it will be at the local level, but we cannot wait for things to get completely out of control. If you wait to act until the SWAT team is crashing through your door, until your name is placed on a terror watch list, until you are reported for such outlawed activities as collecting rainwater or letting your children play outside unsupervised, then it will be too late.

Obedience is the precondition to totalitarianism, and the precondition to obedience is fear. Regimes of the past and present understand this. “The very first essential for success,” Hitler wrote in Mein Kampf, “is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.” Is this not what we are seeing now with the SWAT teams and the security checkpoints and the endless wars?

This much I know: we are not faceless numbers. We are not cogs in the machine. We are not slaves. We are people, and free people at that. As the Founders understood, our freedoms do not flow from the government. They were not given to us, to be taken away at the will of the State; they are inherently ours. In the same way, the government’s appointed purpose is not to threaten or undermine our freedoms, but to safeguard them.

Until we can get back to this way of thinking, until we can remind Americans what it really means to be a free American, and learn to stand our ground in the face of threats to those freedoms, and encourage our fellow citizens to stop being cogs in the machine, we will continue as slaves in thrall to the bureaucratic police state.

Last edited by hunkahunka; 30-07-2014 at 04:42 PM.