Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Illuminati / Secret Societies
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2008, 12:37 AM   #1
jjuelz

Default what is scottish right of freemasonry?

I live in Canada and the other day i passed by a building that said "the scottish right of freemasonry."
I was like what is that, but then i remmembered about this forum.

But what exactly is the scottish right of freemasonry?

Why Scottish, isn't the illuminatti from Babylone?
jjuelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:47 AM   #2
duckingdafta

wiki Scottish Rite
duckingdafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:53 AM   #3
chrism

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjuelz View Post
I live in Canada and the other day i passed by a building that said "the scottish right of freemasonry."

Hi Jjuelz

Scottish Rite is a slightly different form of freemasonry, the ritual and the form it follows differs from York Rite, and although the Scottish and English Grand Lodges recognise each other (and allow their members to visit each other quite freely) the geographical jurisdictions are quite clear.

I can understand your confusion with Babylon etc - this should be cleared when I point out that the Illuminati and Freemasonry are two distinct organisations. If the Illuminati actually exist, some of their members may also be masons, but I have never come across any mason talking about it. I have always considered (modern) illuminati to be a state of mind - something which can be achieved (if that is the right word) without requiring a title conferred on you. Much like Buddhists achieving enlightenment - it is a personal thing which could be helped by others around you. That said, I have never met an illuminatus, so will point out that this is my opinion, not a masonic one!

I hope that helps clear things up, and other questions please ask.

Chrism
Old 09-06-2008, 11:37 AM   #4
dane

Some secret mystery schools and societies are formed for different reasons.
Mostly its the same reasons; to protect, aid & disguise a certain bloodline family in a particular area.
Secret societies and Orders are filled with members often from another order or school.
Freemasonry and Knights Templar are the same order.
Fighting and warring goes on amongst both factions lower members, as they dont know its the same snakes at the top of both groups, making it the same group.

The Montgomery Family Bloodline (hybrids) reached Scotland from France along with other bloodline families.

When this happened the Templars already in Scotland, the 'Scots Guard' also formed 'Scottish Rite Freemasonry' there.

And all males of the Montgomery hybrid bloodline formed and made up the Order of the Temple.(which is the Bush's equivelant of skull n bones, a society formed by hybrids for hybrids, and other societies protect these orders aswell as raise them up to high places in society.) So your answer is Scottish Rite are Templars, which are societies formed to aid in bringing in the great work of ages..the New World Order. along with the Jesuits,Freemasons, Knights of Malta, Knights of St. John etc.

i got this from page 161 of the biggest secret david icke.
Those who have a different resonance, whose Wholeness Navigator has been awakened and they are led by it, they are all about deepening their perceptions of the prison walls. They are sensing the walls in their every waking moment. In doing this, they do not fear the walls, they do not fear the guards, and they do not fear those whom the guards serve. Their process of realization is sensing the prison walls in every breath so they can dismantle them brick by brick.

Last edited by dane; 09-06-2008 at 12:32 PM.
dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #5
chrism

Quote:
Originally Posted by dane View Post
Freemasonry and Knights Templar are the same order.
Fighting and warring goes on amongst both factions lower members, as they dont know its the same snakes at the top of both groups, making it the same group.
Not quite - the Freemasons (traditionally) claim responsibility for the building of the temple of Solomon, but no modern mason believes there is a direct link between these builders and the mediaeval masons in Europe, from there freemasonry as we know it claims its derivation.

The Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ and of the Temple of Solomon (Knights Templar) was an order (in legend) set up to ensure the safety of pilgrims to Jerusalem well after the completion of the temple (some 3000 years before).

In modern Masonry, KT is an appendant order (i.e. a separate organisation which has membership of masonry as a prerequisite for joining) which follows on from Holy Royal Arch (Chapter). The organisational bodies are distinct and separate, although many members of KT (especially the senior members) will also be senior Provincial or even Grand Lodge officers in Craft Masonry.

New World Order is a strange term, because it seems to refer to any organisation at all that is working for the betterment of mankind, or which the author disagrees with. It is certainly not how freemasons refer to themselves, in public or in private. While there are links between freemasons and the modern (masonic) KT, there is no 'common goal' apart from the chartitable aspects which both share. In my opinion it is a term which, like "regime" is now used by those who wish to defame without cause - a propagandist term if you will.

Chrism

Last edited by chrism; 09-06-2008 at 02:38 PM.
chrism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 02:51 PM   #6
thelonious

Quote:

The Masonic fraternity is divided among a number of "Rites", or organizational structures. These differ from place to place.

In English-speaking countries, the York Rite and Scottish Rite are worked. The Scottish Rite is a Masonic system consisting of 33 degrees, although in English-speaking countries, it recognizes the first three degrees of the York Rite, and therefore begins with the 4th degree.

The Scottish Rite degrees, like the higher York Rite degrees, are elaborations on the teachings of the first three.

Quote:
"Scottish" because it is based on the legend that the Knights Templar fled to Scotland, and aided Robert the Bruce against the English invasion.

The Illuminati were from Bavaria in Germany, not babylon. The Illuminati was a pseudo-Masonic system.
thelonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:05 PM   #7
mike martin

Quote:

The best place to find out about the Canadian Scottish Rite would be their website here: http://www.scottishritemasons-can.org/

Mike
mike martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:09 PM   #8
mike martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelonious View Post
In English-speaking countries, the York Rite and Scottish Rite are worked. The Scottish Rite is a Masonic system consisting of 33 degrees, although in English-speaking countries, it recognizes the first three degrees of the York Rite, and therefore begins with the 4th degree.
Sorry to have to correct you but this is not true of England. Which is the English speaking country

We do not have the York Rite, that being an American thing, although we do have those degrees plus many more but they are not organised into a Rite.

Our version of the AASR is called the Ancient & Accepted Rite (no Scottish), it is commonly called by us "Rose Croix" after the 18th Degree, the first one that we work.

The Three Degrees are not known as York Rite here they are Freemasonry or Craft. Also the Appendant Orders are not worked progressively.

Mike
Old 10-06-2008, 02:48 PM   #9
dane

good hustle
Those who have a different resonance, whose Wholeness Navigator has been awakened and they are led by it, they are all about deepening their perceptions of the prison walls. They are sensing the walls in their every waking moment. In doing this, they do not fear the walls, they do not fear the guards, and they do not fear those whom the guards serve. Their process of realization is sensing the prison walls in every breath so they can dismantle them brick by brick.
dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:01 PM   #10
thelonious

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike martin View Post
Sorry to have to correct you but this is not true of England. Which is the English speaking country

We do not have the York Rite, that being an American thing, although we do have those degrees plus many more but they are not organised into a Rite.
When I say "York Rite", I refer to the Rite of Masonry which tradition has it is traced to York, England via the Regius Manuscript. It includes the degrees of Entered Apprentice, Fellow Craft, Master Mason, and the Supreme Order of the Holy Royal Arch. Over the years, various other degrees have been grouped into the system in different jurisdictions, such as the Mark series of degrees, Ark Mariner, etc.

However, the first three degrees of the York system generally compose the Ancient Craft. The York Rite Craft degrees are similar to the Scottish Rite version, but there are a few large differences.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:08 PM   #11
mike martin

Quote:
When I say "York Rite", I refer to the Rite of Masonry which tradition has it is traced to York, England via the Regius Manuscript. It includes the degrees of Entered Apprentice, Fellow Craft, Master Mason, and the Supreme Order of the Holy Royal Arch. Over the years, various other degrees have been grouped into the system in different jurisdictions, such as the Mark series of degrees, Ark Mariner, etc.

However, the first three degrees of the York system generally compose the Ancient Craft. The York Rite Craft degrees are similar to the Scottish Rite version, but there are a few large differences.
That's my point you are putting American terminology onto what we do. The Three Degrees which includes the Royal Arch are "Antient Freemasonry" the rest is just voluntary add-ons.

Even the recently formed Grand Lodge of All England at York doesn't call it the York Rite and if someone would it would be them as they glory in the Athelstne legend. Over here the other Orders are all separate and run by their own governing bodies.

Mike
Old 10-06-2008, 08:33 PM   #12
thelonious

Quote:
That's my point you are putting American terminology onto what we do. The Three Degrees which includes the Royal Arch are "Antient Freemasonry" the rest is just voluntary add-ons.
Yet by even using the term "Antient", you bring up the Antient York Masons (A.Y.M.), or Athol Grand Lodge, from which the York Rite is partially derived.

Quote:
Even the recently formed Grand Lodge of All England at York doesn't call it the York Rite and if someone would it would be them as they glory in the Athelstne legend. Over here the other Orders are all separate and run by their own governing bodies.
Yes. The same is true here in the United States. We have Grand Lodges, that hold jurisdiction over the three Craft degrees, along with the Past Master degree. We have Grand Chapters that hold jurisdiction over the Mark and Royal Arch, etc.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:54 PM   #13
barney_rubble

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike martin
Yet by even using the term "Antient", you bring up the Antient York Masons (A.Y.M.), or Athol Grand Lodge, from which the York Rite is partially derived.

Quote:

Yes. The same is true here in the United States. We have Grand Lodges, that hold jurisdiction over the three Craft degrees, along with the Past Master degree. We have Grand Chapters that hold jurisdiction over the Mark and Royal Arch, etc.
And it is slightly different again in Canada (from what I can gather I have not yet ventured in to the appendant bodies). You have to love the differences between jurisdictions.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:47 PM   #14
mike martin

Quote:
I am afraid that you are confusing Masonic "history" with Masonic "legend". The term "Antient" is in fact derived from the Antients Grand Lodge of England constituted in 1756 as an Irish response to the fact that the "Moderns" Grand Lodge of England (1717) would not allow Irish Masons to benefit from its charity. It had nothing whatsoever to do with York, although Dermott did try to resurrect the prince Edwin and Athelstan myth.

The original Grand Lodge of all England, held at York (consituted 1725) founded itself to promulgate the same mythic beginning of the Craft in 925.
Quote:
This really isn't the place to continue this but suffice it to say that things are a bit different here. For example you can't be a Past Master unless you actually are a Past Master (like me), it isn't a Degree, you must serve as Master of a Lodge. So I would suggest that you try to preface your statements with things like "here in the US" etc.

Mike
Old 11-06-2008, 05:56 PM   #15
thelonious

Quote:
I am afraid that you are confusing Masonic "history" with Masonic "legend". The term "Antient" is in fact derived from the Antients Grand Lodge of England constituted in 1756 as an Irish response to the fact that the "Moderns" Grand Lodge of England (1717) would not allow Irish Masons to benefit from its charity. It had nothing whatsoever to do with York, although Dermott did try to resurrect the prince Edwin and Athelstan myth.
No, I'm not confusing it. I simply pointed out where the name of the "York Rite" is derived. It comes from the Antient York Masons, who worked the Royal Arch degree. The Moderns did not recognize the degree.

Quote:
This really isn't the place to continue this but suffice it to say that things are a bit different here. For example you can't be a Past Master unless you actually are a Past Master (like me), it isn't a Degree, you must serve as Master of a Lodge. So I would suggest that you try to preface your statements with things like "here in the US" etc.
In Antient Constitutions, the degree of Past Master is conferred upon all Masters-elect of a Craft Lodge. It is a part of the installation of the Worshipful Master of a Lodge. All who have not presided over a Lodge of Craft Masonry must retire, and the degree is then conferred upon the Master-elect.

This is not true of all US Grand Lodges. Those GL's who were chartered by the Moderns, and never united with any Athol branches, do not practice the Past Master degree.

A separate, but similar, degree is conferred in a Chapter of the Royal Arch in the United States, but these are not recognized as "Past Masters" in Craft Lodges in the USA. Only those who have received the degree as part of their installation are entitled to recognition as Past Masters.

I am both a Past Master in my Craft Lodge and a Past Master in the Royal Arch Chapter. Having received and participated in the conferring of both versions, I can say they are interesting, and while not identical, contain the same basic methods.

While on the subject, perhaps it is also worth noting that the Past Master degree as worked by the Grand Lodge of Ireland is identical to the degree of Past Sovereign Master in Councils of the Allied Masonic Degrees of the United States (which controls the degrees of Royal Ark Mariner, Secret Monitor, and various others).