Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2014, 05:46 AM   #1
size_of_light
Inactive

Default Nevada Cattle Ranch Stand-off with Feds

This has been escalating for a while now but I haven't seen a thread on it...

Quote:
“Don’t we pay him to protect our life, liberty and property?”

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
April 10, 2014

Nevada cattle rancher Cliven Bundy has called on Clark County Sheriff Douglas Gillespie to start arresting Bureau of Land Management agents on charges of trespassing and theft as his battle against the federal government intensifies.

Cliven Bundy speaking at the Moapa Valley Town Board meeting 04/09/14.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkWljeiAhYI

Bundy’s dispute with the feds escalated yesterday when several of his supporters were assaulted by BLM officials. The BLM is currently rounding up Bundy’s cattle in order to enforce a regulation in order to protect an endangered desert tortoise after 600,000 acres of public land was reclassified as federal property.

During a Moapa Valley town hall meeting last night, Bundy said he went to visit Sheriff Gillespie a few days ago but “found him hiding under the table”.

“He is the man that has constitutional jurisdiction and authority, he has policing power here in Clark County Nevada, and he has arresting power, so we elected him and we pay him, what do we pay him to do?” asked Bundy, adding, “Don’t we pay him to protect our life, liberty and property?”

Bundy noted that his life was under threat because he couldn’t get a response from a 911 call, adding, “My liberty is threatened when they lock me away from my land and my property and I can’t care for my cows….they stole my property, around 300 head of cattle….they stole them in Clark County Nevada.”

Bundy also called on Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval to make a stand for residents of Clark County. Sandoval publicly blasted the BLM over their creation of a ‘First Amendment Area’ outside of which free speech is banned while also decrying the “intimidation” tactics used against the Bundy family, but he has yet to offer anything other than vocal condemnation.

“I love you people, and I love this land, and I love freedom and liberty, and I love the sovereign state of Nevada and nobody can tell me the United States owns this land,” said Bundy, adding that he would pay any grazing fees to Clark County and not the federal government.

Asserting that the land under dispute was owned by the people of Clark County, Bundy asked, “Is the United States government trespassing on your land?” to which the crowd reacted with an emphatic “yes!”

During the town hall meeting, Bundy’s sister, Margaret Houston also spoke about how she was assaulted by BML agents earlier in the day, remarking, “It felt like a war zone and I felt like I was not in the United States….they have snipers, they have helicopters, they’re carrying machine guns, it’s not pretty, it’s like a foreign country.”

The fact that at least 200 armed federal agents are watching Bundy’s ranch from a military-style compound with sophisticated surveillance technology has sparked fears that the dispute could escalate into a Waco-style assault.

Margaret Houston describes BLM assault--Town Board Meeting 04/09/14 Cliven Bundy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOAzcm2hLCQ

http://www.prisonplanet.com/cliven-b...-blm-feds.html

Quote:
UPDATE: Up to 5,000 Armed Militia Members Will Be Arriving in Bunkerville, Nevada Today
Kimberly Paxton
April 10th, 2014
The Daily Sheeple
Comments (477)
Read by 54,160 people

Update: Word on the street from sources close to the militia movement is that up to 5,000 armed militia members will be arriving in Bunkerville, Nevada sometime today. (See full report below)

SHTFplan.com Editor’s Note: It is apparent that the Federal government was under the impression that they could simply move into the ranch land surrounding Bunkerville, NV and have their way with the property and livelihood of the Bundy family. What they didn’t count on was the outcry from Americans across the country. And now things may be headed to the next level. As Kim Paxton of The Daily Sheeple notes, citizen militias in several states have been called up. Many members of those organizations are taking up arms and are making their way to Nevada.

And it’s not just the citizen militias that are preparing to take action. The governor of Nevada has officially condemned the federal government’s actions, though he has yet to take any steps afforded to him under State law. Sheriff Richard Mack of Gilbert, Arizona has weighed in and calls the actions “terrorism.”

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-new...evada_04102014

Last edited by size_of_light; 11-04-2014 at 05:53 AM.
size_of_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 08:49 AM   #2
vinal

Because they really give a shit about a Tortoise.
vinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:56 AM   #3
tildatod

Did the BLM ever ask residents to sell their properties or relocate, or did they just start with the heavy handed behaviour immediately?
tildatod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 11:11 AM   #4
anacoluthon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tildatod View Post
Did the BLM ever ask residents to sell their properties or relocate, or did they just start with the heavy handed behaviour immediately?
Quote:
Bundy stopped paying grazing fees of about $1.35 a month per cow-calf pair in 1993, ignored the government's cancellation of his leases and defied federal court orders to remove his cattle, according to the U.S. Bureau of Land Management. But it took more than 20 years for the government to forcefully intervene.

Bundy is not the only rancher who violated federal grazing regulations, although his case is among the most severe, BLM officials said. Most violations are resolved by the next grazing season and tied to lesser issues such as failing to leave grazing lands by a specified seasonal date.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A390QI20140410

Problem is it never was his land. It's Federal land which he has been illegally grazing his cattle on.

Is this fair on other Ranchers who abide by the law?
anacoluthon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 11:26 AM   #5
zephiloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacoluthon View Post

Problem is it never was his land. It's Federal land which he has been illegally grazing his cattle on.

and you believe reuters propaganda?

He has the state right, the law is bullshit, federal grazing regulations is UN tyranny
zephiloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 11:31 AM   #6
tildatod

Quote:

I never subscribe to the idea of "abiding by the law" unquestioningly because law is usually not there for our benefit, but for the elites'. Laws can often be open to very flexible interpretations by the government...

It's up to the ranchers to support their federal government against Bundy... this is between Bundy and the government.

From reading the link you gave, it is clear that this is a far, far bigger issue than a man who didn't pay to graze his cattle with said cattle having 600 000 acres to graze in. Why the need to confiscate the cattle? Why the need to use military style force? Why not just fence off a portion and give that for grazing? The cost of confiscation, suppressing any protests, the negative publicity etc. - a fence would be cheaper.

I don't buy the idea of protecting a tortoise. LOL, I would imagine it's far more likely that they want the land for fracking or something disgusting like that. 600 000 acres IS incredibly large for Bundy's 1000 cattle. How far does each cow travel each day? Each cow is grazing and destroying exactly how much each year? How fast does a tortoise move? Where's the data about the nuts and bolts of tortoise-needs, cattle-behaviour and the exact kind of vegetation surplus or abundance?

Quote:
The standoff with the BLM, better known for partnering with ranchers than fighting them, stems in part from the Bundy's belief that their right to graze the land predates the federal government's management of it, and that the county and state should ultimately have authority over lands in their boundaries.

That is the theme of a similar debate underway in neighboring Utah, where county commissioners have threatened to remove federally protected wild horses from U.S. rangelands after drought prompted federal managers to consider reducing the number of cattle permitted to graze there, BLM officials said.

In a show of support for Bundy's defiance, commissioners in Utah are pushing to remove one wild horse for every Bundy cow seized in Nevada. But the Center for Biological Diversity, which notified the government in 2012 that it was suing to protect the Mojave Desert tortoise, welcomed the Nevada move.
This case appears very much to be about people NOT wanting the hand of federal big government tampering with their lives, and rather preferring to work with the local county.

Also, why didn't they just sue Bundy? WHY did they leave it for so long, and then decide to become this heavy handed? Something isn't right about how this case was handled.

Is Bundy the big public exhibit being used to justify aggression to people's property (or land they've always had use of) and animals, by the federal government? Is Bundy the example that's meant to put others in their place, and let them know who is boss?

Last edited by tildatod; 11-04-2014 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:39 AM   #7
tildatod

Quote:
The showdown is emblematic of a broader conflict between a dwindling number of ranchers, who have traditionally grazed cattle on public lands and held sway over land-use decisions, and environmentalists and land managers facing competing demands on lands opened to oil and gas development, recreation and other uses.
The truth is nothing to do with debt collection or any tortoise. LOL, they slaughter people and animals, and have been doing globally for decades.

This is about the corporations, and their corporate-owned federal government.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:41 AM   #8
tildatod

I don't know why we need to raise animals only to eat or wear them...but even if people didn't do this, there would be another reason why people want land to use, and the criminal government wants it more.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:44 AM   #9
wendypeace27

Wow!!! Well in the conservative/green states this will come down on the head of the mayors, representatives, and governor. They arent going to play around!!!

What I dont understand about this situation is that does he own land or does he not own it?? I dont get that part b/c the article did not clearly state what exactly was going on.

Anywho, they are just playing with his head right now! When they should be protecting the streets. Oh yeah thats right.......they dont protect, do they?
wendypeace27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 11:45 AM   #10
tildatod

Ultimately, that federal government's days are numbered. NOBODY with half a brain is in favour of monopolised power, with some suit and his corporate handlers dictating.

Let's hope they secede from the union. Along with Texas and whichever other states want to. The US government will be dismantled in the end, it's out of control.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:48 AM   #11
zephiloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypeace27 View Post
Wow!!! Well in the conservative/green states this will come down on the head of the mayors, representatives, and governor. They arent going to play around!!!

What I dont understand about this situation is that does he own land or does he not own it?? I dont get that part b/c the article did not clearly state what exactly was going on.

Anywho, they are just playing with his head right now! When they should be protecting the streets. Oh yeah thats right.......they dont protect, do they?
It's all covered in the interview here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mKKQUZ5_us
Old 11-04-2014, 11:50 AM   #12
anacoluthon
Banned

Quote:
The truth is nothing to do with debt collection or any tortoise. LOL, they slaughter people and animals, and have been doing globally for decades.

This is about the corporations, and their corporate-owned federal government.
Here's the problem with that argument; the Federal Govt already own the land. They don't need his permission to grant oil licences or permit frakking.

They don't need to invoke an endangered animal to do anything.

When you read around this case, it almost seems like there are certain elements of the libertarian/right wing pushing for a confrontation a la Ruby Ridge or Waco, not the BML.
anacoluthon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 11:50 AM   #13
tildatod

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypeace27 View Post

From what I understand, reading that article, the land is NOT owned by him. However, historically and traditionally, these public parklands (owned by Uncle cunt Sam for some reason, just like governments own everything for some reason) have always been used by ranchers grazing cattle.

They pay money for this use of the land. Even if the land is not owned, why on earth can any government forcibly remove the animals, at great cost to taxpayers? Why can they use force? WHY are they in charge? Why is their word law? What gives them the right to say they own the land, anyway? They want 600 000 acres for saving tortoises? Fuck me, they stick native American people into smaller pieces of land than that! Tortoises need such huge chunks of land? Really? We've all heard of that amazing tortoise that travels 80 miles a day and hunts like lions.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:51 AM   #14
tildatod

Who sold the land of this earth to the governments? WHO did they buy it from?
Old 11-04-2014, 11:54 AM   #15
zephiloyd

Months before the heated contention between the Bureau of Land Management and Nevada cattle rancher Cliven Bundy, purportedly over protecting an endangered species of desert tortoise, the BLM was euthanizing the tortoises in droves.

http://www.infowars.com/before-nevad...sert-tortoise/
Old 11-04-2014, 11:55 AM   #16
tildatod

Quote:
Here's the problem with that argument; the Federal Govt already own the land. They don't need his permission to grant oil licences or permit frakking.

They don't need to invoke an endangered animal to do anything.

When you read around this case, it almost seems like there are certain elements of the libertarian/right wing pushing for a confrontation a la Ruby Ridge or Waco, not the BML.
The federal government owns nothing. Not to me. They believe they do, and some people like to believe them. I don't.

It's not for any government or corporation to steal and ruin land.

I'll pick cows on land over fracking or mining any day.

There's no problem with the way I think. The way I think is the truth, because government, monopolised power, brute force, and pushing people around a la "government rights" is the system that is destroying this planet.

And as for the government not needing permission, LOL, they are finding out that they do. They need to consult with others, not just ride in and engage in war.

The US government would welcome a civil war. More death, more killing, more control. They'll kill indiscriminately. Anyone who's aware of the US government's behaviour around the world is well aware of what they will do. They dropped explosives on black activists a few decades ago, fried them alive. LOL, they'll not be stopping their culling techniques because of right wingers, libertarians, secessionists, eco warriors, ranchers or anyone else.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:59 AM   #17
tildatod

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiloyd View Post
Months before the heated contention between the Bureau of Land Management and Nevada cattle rancher Cliven Bundy, purportedly over protecting an endangered species of desert tortoise, the BLM was euthanizing the tortoises in droves.

http://www.infowars.com/before-nevad...sert-tortoise/
Excellent find. Thank you.

Quote:
Throughout the housing boom in the 2000s, the Bureau was earning enough to fund the Desert Tortoise Conservation Center (DTCC) in southern Las Vegas, a habitat “created in 1991 to house wild desert tortoises removed from the path of development and to use those tortoises to aid recovery of the species.” Its operating budget was about $1 million per year.

But the recession that followed dwindled the number of developers, and in turn funds for the DTCC.

So, facing the prospect of shutting their doors, the DTCC began releasing healthier turtles into the wild, and euthanizing some of the sick ones.

From the AP, August 25, 2013:

Back at the conservation center, a large refrigerator labeled “carcass freezer” hummed in the desert sun as scientists examined the facility’s 1,400 inhabitants to find those hearty enough to release into the wild. Officials expect to euthanize more than half the animals in the coming months in preparation for closure at the end of 2014.

“It’s the lesser of two evils, but it’s still evil,” Roy Averill-Murray, tortoise recovery coordinator with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service desert, told the AP.

Averill-Murray estimated 50 to 60 percent of the facility’s 1,400 tortoises were stricken with disease and could not be housed near healthy tortoises. Others were “too feeble to survive,” according to the AP, and could not be adopted out.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:26 PM   #18
wendypeace27

Quote:
From what I understand, reading that article, the land is NOT owned by him. However, historically and traditionally, these public parklands (owned by Uncle cunt Sam for some reason, just like governments own everything for some reason) have always been used by ranchers grazing cattle.

They pay money for this use of the land. Even if the land is not owned, why on earth can any government forcibly remove the animals, at great cost to taxpayers? Why can they use force? WHY are they in charge? Why is their word law? What gives them the right to say they own the land, anyway? They want 600 000 acres for saving tortoises? Fuck me, they stick native American people into smaller pieces of land than that! Tortoises need such huge chunks of land? Really? We've all heard of that amazing tortoise that travels 80 miles a day and hunts like lions.
ahhhh Thank you for clearing that up!!! New story for me as of today.

Now there is a trend that I see in all of this. They dont want anyone being homeless or "bugging out" when a real SHTF!!! As well as them not wanting farmers to use public lands either. So they are slowly but surely making laws to prevent people from fishing/hunting and living off from their sweat shop cube system. Including using grazing lands!!

We get one side of the story, but I am seeing that this is the real agenda that is happening here. And Red/Green states are the WRONG states to be playing these games! What is this going to do to the price of beef?? The stuff is being thrown out by the super markets b/c the prices are already too expensive.

Last edited by wendypeace27; 11-04-2014 at 12:35 PM.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:29 PM   #19
majestic1

Very powerful 4 min speech from a rancher at the town board meeting the other day, this will give you goosebumps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0_SXrs4SkQ
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 12:39 PM   #20
wendypeace27

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Very powerful 4 min speech from a rancher at the town board meeting the other day, this will give you goosebumps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0_SXrs4SkQ
Amazing!!!!