Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 29-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
cadenza
Banned

Default Charity Ads on TV

You know the ones, just £2 per month will provide clean water. food, medicines etc for 'children like' the ones depicted in the ad. Except there is a new one out and I could hardly believe what I was hearing. It went along the lines of...

Please help (insert name here) can't go to school because his mother can't afford to send him. If you send just £2 per month (or whatever the amount was) then she can afford to send him to school, so that he can become what he wants to be... a doctor. Yes, that's right, a doctor.

Now don't get me wrong, I hate seeing people going without in these poor countries and I have no problem with charities asking for donations for clean water, food, medicines etc BUT asking the ordinary people of this country to send money so that a child can become a doctor? When most cannot afford to send their own kids to Uni to become doctors? Surely it's a joke!
cadenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
mariospeedwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadenza View Post
You know the ones, just £2 per month will provide clean water. food, medicines etc for 'children like' the ones depicted in the ad. Except there is a new one out and I could hardly believe what I was hearing. It went along the lines of...

Please help (insert name here) can't go to school because his mother can't afford to send him. If you send just £2 per month (or whatever the amount was) then she can afford to send him to school, so that he can become what he wants to be... a doctor. Yes, that's right, a doctor.

Now don't get me wrong, I hate seeing people going without in these poor countries and I have no problem with charities asking for donations for clean water, food, medicines etc BUT asking the ordinary people of this country to send money so that a child can become a doctor? When most cannot afford to send their own kids to Uni to become doctors? Surely it's a joke!
I think that most of these charities are scams, with Directors paying themselves salaries of €120K in some cases, but I'm guessing that they're working off the "teach a man to fish & he'll eat forever" maxim, so that donors think there will be change & improvement in the destination community rather than just seeing never-ending hand-outs with no improvement.

It's not like the little kid in the shitty African village will be training to do boob & nose jobs.
mariospeedwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #3
codie

Wish my water bill was £2 a month

Yeah it's all quite a bit of a scam IMO.

Last edited by codie; 29-12-2013 at 05:42 PM.
codie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #4
super glue

Default Greenpeace advert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSpIl_LjrmE

They will only keep doing this as long as we believe it.
super glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2013, 06:50 PM   #5
tildatod

Why even take these adverts seriously? Those people are not asking us for anything, if anything they are exploited by those collecting the funds...I've often wondered if these people even gave their permission to appear in those adverts.

Not to mention it's beyond ugly that these adverts also form part of the agenda to paint certain large swathes of the earth as deficient, dirty, dumb, desperate, derelict and on the whole entirely infantile in need of big-daddy USA, UK, France, Germany and so on to bail them out and siphon out all their resources non-stop.

The real message is get our governments and the elites to leave these people alone. Get Bill psycho Gates and his ilk out of these countries. But of course, as long as the world is told that they're all beggars with no intelligence and ability, and they need the patriarchs to come and help them... they're royally screwed.

If this was not the case, where are all our local charity adverts for the massive increase of people in this very country who are so fucking poor they are living on the streets? Where are the adverts for the Greek children being abandoned by their parents in the face of crisis? Same for the Spanish and Italians. These adverts are vile; just another part of programming.
tildatod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #6
nailtown slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by tildatod View Post
Why even take these adverts seriously? Those people are not asking us for anything, if anything they are exploited by those collecting the funds...I've often wondered if these people even gave their permission to appear in those adverts.

Not to mention it's beyond ugly that these adverts also form part of the agenda to paint certain large swathes of the earth as deficient, dirty, dumb, desperate, derelict and on the whole entirely infantile in need of big-daddy USA, UK, France, Germany and so on to bail them out and siphon out all their resources non-stop.

The real message is get our governments and the elites to leave these people alone. Get Bill psycho Gates and his ilk out of these countries. But of course, as long as the world is told that they're all beggars with no intelligence and ability, and they need the patriarchs to come and help them... they're royally screwed.

If this was not the case, where are all our local charity adverts for the massive increase of people in this very country who are so fucking poor they are living on the streets? Where are the adverts for the Greek children being abandoned by their parents in the face of crisis? Same for the Spanish and Italians. These adverts are vile; just another part of programming.
Every word of this post reflects my feelings exactly, they could end African poverty virtually overnight if there wasn't so many high paid jackals creaming their cut off the top of these donations. High paid wankers who've never stood in a street in all weathers begging money for a charity that's basically scamming everyone! from the people donating, going through the people collecting and up to the poor fuckers who they are supposedly collecting for, but who will see very little if any, of the money! I've also noticed recently that most Big Issue sellers here in Brighton are now East Europeans, but most rough sleepers are from Britain? Shouldn't charity really begin at home? There's a bad batch of heroin on the streets of Brighton at present and warnings have been put out to alert the local users, one lad about twenty three years old off our estate has just died of an heroin overdose, don't know if it's related or not!
And these ads are asking us to worry about a country half a world away, that all the big powers want a hand in because of all the rich mineral rights etc, well let them fuckers put their hands in THEIR pockets for a change!

Last edited by nailtown slim; 29-12-2013 at 07:30 PM.
nailtown slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #7
vambo

https://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/201...ast-sue-ryder/

Some years ago Sue Ryder charity shops were involved in some financial scandal and were forced to close down but a cursory glance on the web reveals nothing, maybe they've done a good cleaning operation.
Charity shops use free voluntary help, get tax relief and reduced rents. It's a scam disgracefully masquerading as helping poor little black boys and girls.
These ads are shown in the daytime to tug the heart strings of the old dears sitting their pensions out.
None of the managers or directors take a pay cut, they say that only a couple of pennies from each pound actually gets to those who need it.
I agree, there is enough food to go round but know this; without poor people, you won't have rich people, the wealthy need the less fortunate to remind themselves how well off they really are.
vambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #8
annajn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariospeedwagon View Post
I think that most of these charities are scams
You're right, it is a scam. When I went in school I met a man that have served in the military, he was in another country. Don't remember whitch one but he pretty much said that the red cross did nothing there, instead it was the men in the Swedish army that helped the people with food and water.
annajn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #9
fairyprincess

I think the ads exist at Christmas, like the news, to bring people down. If Christmas is a time of joy, the elite need to bring people down.....

"if you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you." (Jesus Christ, gospel of thomas.)
fairyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #10
fishgutt242

Adverts cost money,
where do charities get their money from?

hahaha
fishgutt242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #11
aliceinw

Quote:
Originally Posted by vambo View Post
https://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/201...ast-sue-ryder/

Charity shops use free voluntary help, get tax relief and reduced rents. It's a scam disgracefully masquerading as helping poor little black boys and girls.
These ads are shown in the daytime to tug the heart strings of the old dears sitting their pensions out.
This kind of sums up what was happening to my mum in law in a way. Charities target where she lives as they know a lot of pensioners live there - they still want to help the "poor black children" her words.

Few years back I lived with her for a couple of months was shocked how she was being targeted and the cheques she was writing - managed to alert her daughters to what was going on so they could keep an eye on it when I was gone. Not nice when I looked on the internet who the charities were, how those people who knocked on on her door sleep at night, I'll never understand.
aliceinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2013, 11:03 PM   #12
nailtown slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairyprincess View Post
I think the ads exist at Christmas, like the news, to bring people down. If Christmas is a time of joy, the elite need to bring people down.....
SPOT ON!
It's their way of making us feel guilty because we have more stuff than those poor folk on the ads, but it's usually the stuff that they've told us in other ads telling us that we can't do without so and so, , 'go on, treat yourself, after all, it's Christmas'! Double edged sword and a double whammy for them, they make money selling us shit, and then make money again by making us feel guilty about buying the shit in the first place!
nailtown slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2013, 11:11 PM   #13
grandmasterp

Those ads are designed so that poor people in rich countries will donate money to further enrich already rich people in poor countries.
Old 30-12-2013, 02:35 AM   #14
jackmac452

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasterp View Post
Those ads are designed so that poor people in rich countries will donate money to further enrich already rich people in poor countries.
Exactly....A lot of the money that was sent to the Philippines for relief of Typhoon Yolanda has been gobbled up by the rich scum here. Over a Thousand+ dead people are still lying in their bodybags in the baranguys around Tacloban still after over a month ( as reported in the "Freeman" newspaper from Cebu.. 29/12/13). The electrical goods sent by China are freely for sale on the streets, A lot of the Rice donated is now on sale for much more than it's worth. Plus the clothes sent are now on sale at the street markets here. The Catholic church closed it's doors after the Typhoon, only the Muslim church here where we live gave away 4 Wagon's full of rice, donated by the Good People of Turkey. I told my kids straight away, Don't give anything as it only goes to the wealthy here...the corruption here is incredible.....but still they want the West to feed it...Not Good at all.
jackmac452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 04:58 AM   #15
absurddesign

Quote:
Perfectly said. +1000000000
absurddesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 05:38 AM   #16
k1levelstu

i dont trust these charities one bit where the money goes

pisses me off when diaster strikes and everyone think they're trendy donating to some charity with a hashtag on twitter....
k1levelstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #17
cadenza
Banned

Quote:
I think you have nailed it.

I would also question how much they spend on advertising...the cost of making the ads (celeb voice-overs etc) and the cost of advertising time on the many tv channels. It can't be cheap.
cadenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #18
illuminumnuts

Thumbs up

I have heard that the masons do a lot of good charity work. I am not sure if they have any TV adverts out, though I know that Savile did do a lot of mainstream TV fundraising.
Please click here, view the TPV flyers & help spread the word via distribution.

Last edited by illuminumnuts; 30-12-2013 at 12:10 PM.
illuminumnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 12:21 PM   #19
grandmasterp

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminumnuts View Post
I have heard that the masons do a lot of good charity work. I am not sure if they have any TV adverts out, though I know that Savile did do a lot of mainstream TV fundraising.

Bit off topic buddy.
Worth a punt though.
Masons here have raised millions for Prostate Cancer 'here'.
All the money has gone to the UK.
None has gone abroad.
Charity begins at home.
Masonic charities always support 'home' causes.
If they didn't then they'd never raise as much as they do.
We've been to two masonic fund raising dinners for Prostate Cancer and we're going to another one next month.
I'd not have paid ( a lot) to go to any of those fundraisers if the money was destined for any overseas charity.
No more here on that from me about masons as this thread is about an overseas aid related issue.
There are mason threads on DIF so we can maybe continue this discussion on one of those should you choose.
Old 30-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #20
illuminumnuts

Quote:
Bit off topic buddy.
Worth a punt though.
Masons here have raised millions for Prostate Cancer 'here'.
All the money has gone to the UK.
None has gone abroad.
Charity begins at home.
Masonic charities always support 'home' causes.
If they didn't then they'd never raise as much as they do.
We've been to two masonic fund raising dinners for Prostate Cancer and we're going to another one next month.
I'd not have paid ( a lot) to go to any of those fundraisers if the money was destined for any overseas charity.
No more here on that from me about masons as this thread is about an overseas aid related issue.
There are mason threads on DIF so we can maybe continue this discussion on one of those should you choose.
You sound a little paranoid to be honest. Are you saying that British masons have done nothing for any poor souls outside British borders? Well, TV ads or not, if that's the case I am frankly shocked and very disappointed.
Please click here, view the TPV flyers & help spread the word via distribution.

Last edited by illuminumnuts; 30-12-2013 at 12:28 PM.
illuminumnuts is offline   Reply With Quote