Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #1
heartbeatsalute

Default Bitcoins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo

What is BITCOINS?

http://lifeonbitcoin.com/

http://www.theguardian.com/travel/20...for-travellers

The Bitcoin travellers: round the world using online currency only

After one couple proved you can travel round the world using bitcoin, the currency is rapidly becoming a viable choice for the tech-savvy tourist

theguardian.com, Friday 1 November 2013 15.32 GMT

Austin Craig and Beccy Bingham travelled around the world using the bitcoin currency Photograph: Life on Bitcoin, LLC

Negotiating foreign currencies can be a headache for any traveller. Persuading someone to accept payment in a currency they've never even heard of presents a new challenge altogether. But after 100 days on the road, newlyweds Austin Craig and Beccy Bingham have proved that it is possible to travel the world using nothing but bitcoin.

The bitcoin currency, best known for its association with illicit purchases made through sites such as Silk Road, was launched in 2008 and is traded within a global network of computers. To use the currency you first need to download a "wallet", which allows to you transfer payments to others using your computer or smartphone. Recently, however, the currency has been making news as its value increases and it is being rapidly adopted by mainstream businesses. This week a coffee shop in Vancouver unveiled the first bitcoin ATM, allowing customers to exchange the virtual money for cash almost instantly.

Craig and Bingham began their adventure this July, when they set out to see if it was possible to survive solely on the virtual currency. After proving they could live on bitcoin at home in Provo, Utah, they embarked on a trip that has taken them across America, through Europe and finally into Asia. Originally a 90-day challenge, they extended it to 100 in order to incorporate more travel abroad.

Speaking from their Singapore hotel on the final day of the challenge, the couple describe their experience as a case of "feast and famine."

"When we first arrived in Stockholm, we were exhausted from our flight and just went to sleep," says Craig. "We woke up really hungry but couldn't find anywhere to accept bitcoin. We ended up having to wait until the hotel breakfast the next day."

But although it hasn't been easy, the couple, who are making a documentary about the project, have been surprised at the willingness of so many individuals to agree to accept Bitcoin for the first time. "Today we were walking through a market for the Divali festival and a woman asked me if I wanted a hennah tattoo," says Bingham. "I really did. So I sat down and said to her, look I really want this but this is the situation. She was quite heistant at first but we offered to pay a bit extra and she said OK. She had a smartphone so we were able to set her up and do the payment right away."

The bitcoin logo hangs in the window of restaurant Room 77 in Berlin's Kreuzberg neighbourhood. Photograph: Alamy
While in Berlin, Craig and Bingham visited the Kreuzberg neighbourhood, which currently boasts the highest density of business that accept bitcoin in the world. "We sat down in a restaurant and asked before the meal if they accepted bitcoin," says Bingham. "And they said yes so nonchalantly. It was such a change from the usual battle we'd got used to having. But in Singapore it's been hard because we're in a city with amazing food and there are only three restaurants we can eat in."

It is unlikely that Craig and Bingham's journey would have been possible without the help of online travel agency Simply Travel. In mid-September the site became one of the first of its kind to accept bitcoin, meaning it is now possible to make reservations in over 300,000 hotels worldwide using the currency. If contacted directly, the company will also help travellers book their flights and car rentals with bitcoin, and over the next month they plan to offer this service directly through the website.

Gregor Amon, CEO for Simply Travel, had already been planning to accept bitcoin, but when he heard about Craig and Bingham's challenge he quickly decided to make it a reality, helping them book all of the travel for their trip. Since then 2-3% of Simply Travel's bookings have been made using bitcoin – about 12 bookings a day. "It took us half a year from when we launched before we could accept credit cards," says Amon. "But when we decided to accept bitcoins it took us half a day with a developer to set it up and then we were good to go."

Compared to traditional payment methods, bitcoin is an attractive prospect for business owners like Amon. "Bitcoin has no risk of credit card fraud or credit card chargebacks," he explains. "This is a huge problem for the travel industry because the payments are often large."

Independent hostels and hotels are also slowly beginning to accept the currency. Bitcoin is now accepted in locations as far afield as Hainan Island in the South China Sea and the town of Lanquin in the Guatemalan rainforest. Pacific Tradewinds San Francisco Backpacker Hostel offers a 10% discount on all bitcoin payments.

Bitcoin remains a high-risk currency, with a volatile value – although this poses a bigger threat to those looking to invest large sums of money. And before travellers cut up their credit cards they should be aware that bitcoin does not have the same security and insurance mechanisms associated with conventional banking; if you are tricked into parting with your bitcoins by a scammer, there's no higher authority to turn to.

Craig and Bingham have found the currency quite conducive to travel. "We haven't had to deal with exchanging money once and we haven't had to deal with foreign transaction fees either," says Bingham. "And it's a good way to save money. You can't just run to the store every time you need something, you have to think a little more than if you're using a debit card."

But to really make the most of travelling by bitcoin, you need to do some research. Looking at where existing clusters of bitcoin businesses exist led Craig and Bingham to Kreuzberg in Berlin, as well as Stockholm and Singapore where the currency is taking off.

Their advice to travellers considering following in their footsteps? "Do your homework," says Craig. "Everywhere we've been there's been some kind of bitcoin community. The success comes from reaching out to these communities. And they've been reaching out to us too."

The belief that society exists has sabotaged every effort to change mankind. It is the reason why revolutions have failed. It is about a totally different revolution: the revolution in the heart of the individual.

Last edited by heartbeatsalute; 08-11-2013 at 11:49 PM.
heartbeatsalute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:29 PM   #2
heartbeatsalute

Don't Buy Bitcoins -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoK8HXMSsNg
22/04/2011 -

What do you guys think?

Seems electronic Cash is near.
The belief that society exists has sabotaged every effort to change mankind. It is the reason why revolutions have failed. It is about a totally different revolution: the revolution in the heart of the individual.

Last edited by heartbeatsalute; 08-11-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #3
neo13

It looks like some sort of international electronic currency engineered for the nwo by nwo. Just another step in their totalitarian tiptoe game. I have absolutely no evidence to support my claim it's base purely on my intuition.
neo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #4
heartbeatsalute

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo13 View Post
It looks like some sort of international electronic currency engineered for the nwo by nwo. Just another step in their totalitarian tiptoe game. I have absolutely no evidence to support my claim it's base purely on my intuition.
I thought exactly the same. Didn't David Icke talk about a one world currency?
This seems another step towards that.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:00 PM   #5
heartbeatsalute

Old 10-11-2013, 05:18 AM   #6
heartbeatsalute

Old 10-11-2013, 05:25 AM   #7
heartbeatsalute

Bitcoins - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LaSrxtWfgc

What are bitcoins? Molly explains in today's episode. Click here for show notes: http://bit.ly ...

"Money is not gold , paper, or BITCOINS, money is trust in the system,
Be it the Government or the Internet, so
the question is: who do YOU trust?"

Last edited by heartbeatsalute; 10-11-2013 at 05:42 AM.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #8
super glue

I have commented many times on the B coin, what one thing that stackers of wealth fail to recognise is.

Anything we exchange for our physical labour should also be real, if the medium is electronic and invisible it is very easily lost.

Also

The other important scenario is, if we are exchanging our labours for things that are created by someone else's labour, and that labour is not equal, we are basically stealing that labour, we are the force that is creating a form of indirect violence towards those people and creating that demand.

We all know what is right and what is real

I am like a pelican in the wilderness, I am like an owl of the desert, I watch and am as a sparrow alone on the house top.
super glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:10 AM   #9
herzmeister

Right, electronic currency is inevitable, as physical cash is just too cumbersome.

Good article about this topic recently by Rick Falkvinge: https://www.privateinternetaccess.co...vacy-disaster/

Thread: http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259346

We in fact have electronic money already, with credit cards and bank wires backed by fiat. The infrastructure is in place, no need for them to come up with something like Bitcoin.

Also, for now the elites couldn't care less if you buy a chewing gum with cash. But all major transfers are already fully being monitored. We're already living in the cash-less society.

Idealistic hackers, cypherpunks and crypto-anarchists figured that out already in the 90ies, and instead of lamenting and painting apocalyptic devils on the wall, they tried many times to come up with some sort of electronic cash that is just a file, that you have full control over, i.e. that you can store on your own hard drives and devices, i.e. an electronic money that is not tied to your identity (i.e. not the apocalyptic scenario in which they can monitor everything and can destroy your account and your life with a mouse click).

The first try was ecash from back in the 90ies. But this system was vulnerable because it relied on a single server (Single Point of Failure).

Crypto-Currencies like Bitcoin seem to be more successful and resilient so far. Bitcoin is as anti-NWO as you can get as it allows too many degrees of freedom. It is not tied to your identity and you can use it pretty well off-the-grid (as long as you have internet access). Bitcoin is not the only such currency, so "one world currency" does not hold. Even if they co-opt Bitcoin, privacy-aware folks and libertarians will switch to one of the hundreds of forks (alternative coins, like Litecoin, Primecoin, Peercoin etc). While not necessarily conspiracy theorists, the community that is concerned about privacy and individual freedom is stronger than you think. You're welcome to voice your concerns in the forums. http://bitcointalk.org/ (already pretty many NWO threads too by now).

Also pretty many threads on Bitcoin here on DIF already.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #10
super glue

Electronic is fine if its in the hands of the many, as we are the 96% digital reality belongs to about a half dozen families, they are adding electronic interest and stealing our labour, which is the physical entity we give up for the mediums of exchange, what ever they may be called.

Bitcoin is invisible which means its eventually going to be subject to greed and interest. If the planet is going to be free from these forms of growth/ greed.

The whole first needs to recognise each individual as an equal, until this form of consciousness is common place, we will not be ready for the many forms of electronic baton, which is currently stealing more labour and resources than any time in our history within this universe.

I can say again take a look at ones feet and the shoes they are walking in, here is the blindness on every step in children's eyes.

I am like a pelican in the wilderness, I am like an owl of the desert, I watch and am as a sparrow alone on the house top.
Old 18-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #11
heartbeatsalute

Found this:

http://upstart.bizjournals.com/news/....html?page=all
Old 18-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #12
heartbeatsalute

http://vimeo.com/63502573

BITCOIN EXPLAINED

Last edited by heartbeatsalute; 18-11-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 20-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #13
super glue

I was at the Coop the other day and their system for auto payment went down, several folks who stood in the cue were stumped for a good fifteen minutes until the electronics started working again. I bypassed the cue and paid in cash at the drinks kiosk and left.

I'm an advocate for technology where it is useful, like CAD and other hard degrading type toil, but do not trust my hard earned labour to a bunch of electronic cowboys, handing out debt and candy as money for that labour, if it is not controlled by everyone, in their name physically.

So that word comes into view once again, "Labour" our labour, the one that will not be so if the same lions are guarding the den on and at the change over.

If we think it is inevitable, just wait until our labour and our souls are nothing but bytes on a screen somewhere, because that is what is going to happen, using an electronic baton that is unknown and in circulation.

If nobody has seen the writing on the invisible wall and the trouble ahead being manufactured for control of the most valuable commodity upon earth= humans, then what hope is there left.

Has anyone ever heard of Enochian Magik, you ought to because this is what Bitcoin is all about, don't say I never warned you.

Old 20-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #14
heartbeatsalute

Quote:
Originally Posted by super glue View Post
I was at the Coop the other day and their system for auto payment went down, several folks who stood in the cue were stumped for a good fifteen minutes until the electronics started working again. I bypassed the cue and paid in cash at the drinks kiosk and left.

I'm an advocate for technology where it is useful, like CAD and other hard degrading type toil, but do not trust my hard earned labour to a bunch of electronic cowboys, handing out debt and candy as money for that labour, if it is not controlled by everyone, in their name physically.

So that word comes into view once again, "Labour" our labour, the one that will not be so if the same lions are guarding the den on and at the change over.

If we think it is inevitable, just wait until our labour and our souls are nothing but bytes on a screen somewhere, because that is what is going to happen, using an electronic baton that is unknown and in circulation.

If nobody has seen the writing on the invisible wall and the trouble ahead being manufactured for control of the most valuable commodity upon earth= humans, then what hope is there left.

Has anyone ever heard of Enochian Magik, you ought to because this is what Bitcoin is all about, don't say I never warned you.

Totally agree with you super glue, it's a NWO money.

Here's an article on that:

http://dollarvigilante.com/blog/2013...-currency.html

Last edited by heartbeatsalute; 20-11-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old 20-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #15
super glue

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbeatsalute View Post

Thanks for the link, I will study it later after dinner, Egg and chips tonight

The only way for any electronic baton to take control instead of battering us all over the head under certain family elite, is one that is linked to global labour on an equal basis, only then will the whole receive what it deserves and only then.

In a perfect non profit paradigm where all resources are used responsibly and fairly, is one using a global monetary and ethical consciousness, very similar to how Fresco sees things.

Not doing things this way will bring all forms of known reality crashing down.

See, we all know that another persons labour costs no more than the next persons, calorie wise we are all the same, we all know that nature doesn't do profit, neither does she gang up on the single black bird that momentarily flies through the same air space as the blue tits , make any sense folks, then it should, because this is what TPTB, all fail to see or want to see.

Why because they are locked in, powerless to act in our name, because they work for the other paradigm creating the stagnation we are witnessing before our very eyes.

The result of what might be utopia cannot be pushed into peoples faces, it needs to be wanted to happen.

As a global consciousness struggling to come to terms with the facts, that we are mostly wilfully blind to all truths.

I tried I suppose to explain that which we all deep inside know but do nothing for our whole.

Old 20-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #16
lizzy

Quote:

So do I.
It doesn't even matter if it was conceived in a 'good' way - what I have said from the first is that it can be manipulated ...anything as such is subject TO the NWO - they probably pumped and are dumping right now.

and the bit MINERS have entered the picture - there is no egalitarian currency here.

Last edited by lizzy; 20-11-2013 at 07:02 PM.
lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #17
lizzy

Quote:
Thanks for the link, I will study it later after dinner, Egg and chips tonight

The only way for any electronic baton to take control instead of battering us all over the head under certain family elite, is one that is linked to global labour on an equal basis, only then will the whole receive what it deserves and only then.

In a perfect non profit paradigm where all resources are used responsibly and fairly, is one using a global monetary and ethical consciousness, very similar to how Fresco sees things.

Not doing things this way will bring all forms of known reality crashing down.

See, we all know that another persons labour costs no more than the next persons, calorie wise we are all the same, we all know that nature doesn't do profit, neither does she gang up on the single black bird that momentarily flies through the same air space as the blue tits , make any sense folks, then it should, because this is what TPTB, all fail to see or want to see.

Why because they are locked in, powerless to act in our name, because they work for the other paradigm creating the stagnation we are witnessing before our very eyes.

The result of what might be utopia cannot be pushed into peoples faces, it needs to be wanted to happen.

As a global consciousness struggling to come to terms with the facts, that we are mostly wilfully blind to all truths.

I tried I suppose to explain that which we all deep inside know but do nothing for our whole.
I heard you - and your right - in the coming global depression the 'regular Joe ' will need to able to barter - not only that - they are ready to TAX ALL transactions - nothing escapes them - are computers' safe from being hacked - NO.
(not unless it's by the guys who stole the obummer care codes - they obviously can't even do that right , LOL) BUT the IRS WILL get THEIR satanic cut. -
If you've got some SELL now
edit - but they could also pump it back again $2000, LOL - they luv suckers' .

If it survives from here out - only the already well off will be able to afford it.
Ok , some bought at $5.....5yrs ago - wouldn't it be a good time to get out?

and if they want to cut the internet for for a few days won't p2p be affected too?
I'm really not pc savvy enough to know much about how secure it all is - I just smell a rat or something good that will become 'their' rat.

Last edited by lizzy; 20-11-2013 at 07:23 PM.
lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #18
heartbeatsalute

Old 23-11-2013, 12:08 AM   #19
herzmeister

Quote:

Did you guys actually read the article? Here is what it says:

"And so, there are fundamental differences between the digital payment technologies pursued publicly by TPTB, and Bitcoin. This is what caught the eye of so many tech-savvy and Austrian-minded individuals across the world, but largely concentrated in the US and greater North America. Now, with Bitcoin skyrocketing from $9.31 last Fall to $150 today, the power of the Internet has never been clearer."

The "Dollar Vigilante", Jeff Berwick, is a great Bitcoin supporter. and has many projects going on. A bit too Ayn-Randish though for my taste.

Quote:
See, we all know that another persons labour costs no more than the next persons
Where Bitcoin's value comes from, what it does is it takes away real market share (or "labour costs", ahem ) from the big players like PayPal, credit card companies, and the big banks, because it allows transactions world-wide near-instantly practically for free. What's not to like about that. And no Bitcoiner would force anything upon you, live and let live, you're free to live in your self-sustaining community, most Bitcoiners are libertarians and hang around at the annual PorcFest for example. http://freestateproject.org/events/porcfest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzy View Post
and the bit MINERS have entered the picture - there is no egalitarian currency here.
Everyone can mine them. There's just no free and easy money however, otherwise it would be worthless. Economics 1x1. So many try and don't break even, so they do it just for fun. Like SETI@Home etc. That's why I recommend people to better earn them with doing the things they're really talented in, if it's possible to offer online. Never has it been easier to receive money over the internet. You just download a wallet or get an account with an online wallet website like https://blockchain.info/wallet, pseudonymously, and post one of your addresses. You don't have to give out your identity to anyone. You don't need a bank account, ID, SSN, or anything like that. It is very egalitarian because it destroys any barriers to entry and dramatically levels the playing field. It's about to catch on in the 3rd world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzy View Post
they are ready to TAX ALL transactions
They can't tax Bitcoin transactions. Bitcoin wallets and transactions are not tied to any real life identities, as said. Some see that as a problem however.

Guess you just can't please everybody.
Old 23-11-2013, 12:31 AM   #20
herzmeister