Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #1
herzmeister

Angry Couple's hobbit home to be demolished

Quote:
Couple lose fight to save 'hobbit house' eco-home from demolition
The turf-roofed straw and wood roundhouse in north Pembrokeshire was built on private land by Charlie Hague and Megan Williams

The 'hobbit house' in north Pembrokeshire will now have to be demolished

The owners of an eco-friendly 'hobbit house' that was built without planning permission in have lost their appeal to keep their home.

The turf-roofed straw and wood roundhouse in Glandwr, north Pembrokeshire, which has won praise from many in the community, contravened planning policy for the open countryside.

This week Planning Inspector Iwan Lloyd upheld a decision by Pembrokeshire Council to issue an enforcement notice against the home at Glandwr.

The appeal by Megan Williams was dismissed because the 'benefits of the development did not outweigh the harm to the character and appearance of the countryside'.

Mr Lloyd upheld the enforcement notice, which required that the roundhouse and all associated work, including the timber decking, be demolished and the land returned to its previous condition within two months.

Charlie Hague and Megan Williams, both 25, built their eco-home on private land with help from family and friends.

But the couple failed to seek the necessary planning consent and battled to save their home from demolition.

[...]
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/lo...hobbit-5395091
Old 07-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #2
herzmeister

What if everyone built their homes like that? Can't be happening! The building industry would go bankrupt.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
devorian

planning permission says it all. You can't go around doing what the hell you like otherwise I would turn my pad into a castle with turrets and towers.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #4
martg
Banned

Quote:
The appeal by Megan Williams was dismissed because the 'benefits of the development did not outweigh the harm to the character and appearance of the countryside'.
Fucking unbelievable, these same twats are handing out permission to build gas fracking facilities, how does that affect the character and appearance of the countryside?
martg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #5
tinyint
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by martg View Post
Fucking unbelievable, these same twats are handing out permission to build gas fracking facilities, how does that affect the character and appearance of the countryside?

Isn't it beautiful?
tinyint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #6
ozsem

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyint View Post
Isn't it beautiful?
Sure is. Where is that from?
ozsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #7
tinyint
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsem View Post
Sure is. Where is that from?
I don't know, just confirming the point.

Quote:
I could post about a woman, who was murdered along with her daughter, for running her own well thought out biological waste water processing.
She received death threats before she died from the establishment.

Last edited by tinyint; 07-08-2013 at 09:28 AM.
tinyint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #8
grannie27

Quote:
Originally Posted by devorian View Post
planning permission says it all. You can't go around doing what the hell you like otherwise I would turn my pad into a castle with turrets and towers.
It was private land ,and it looks like a house of some kind is right behind it .

Fucking Corned beef inspectors at it again ...

Planning permission my arse ...
grannie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #9
devorian

If everyone did what they wanted, there would be anarchy. Don’t like the neighbours up goes the 12 foot wall.

I like what they have done, looks fantastic. I can’t see any reason why any planning permission would be declined unless it was a green belt area. Did they even try for a approval or just build it and hope it would go undetected like this numpty?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nning-row.html
Old 07-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #10
grannie27

Quote:
If everyone did what they wanted, there would be anarchy. Don’t like the neighbours up goes the 12 foot wall.

I like what they have done, looks fantastic. I can’t see any reason why any planning permission would be declined unless it was a green belt area. Did they even try for a approval or just build it and hope it would go undetected like this numpty?

Quote:
If everyone did what they wanted, there would be anarchy
So you prefer what we have now ....fucking out of control Corperate and Government corruption

A beautiful one story Eco cottage built on private land ,that should not be a problem to anyone ,of course unless they were off the Grid, I understand why it would be
Old 07-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #11
Mr Happy
Banned

They could move in with waity katy and bald willy.. they have 50 odd rooms don't they?
Mr Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #12
reallife
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by herzmeister View Post
Its very pretty but, who do they think they are to just build anywhere. Everyone else has to get permission. What a shame they didn't go to the local council.
reallife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #13
snorky

There's no such thing as private land. All land is registered and so belongs to the Crown. You check out the details with the Land Registry before you get a mortgage. The joke is you spend your working life paying off a debt for a property that can be demolished at any time - that's why you need planning permission and they can always change their mind in the future!

Look at another monarchy, Spain, where 120,000 holiday homes (foreigners) have been demolished in Andalucia alone. This means more jobs for builders, architects, building suppliers, fees for town halls, etc.
snorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #14
reallife
Banned

Quote:

LOL@ 12foot wall
reallife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #15
grannie27

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallife View Post
Its very pretty but, who do they think they are to just build anywhere. Everyone else has to get permission. What a shame they didn't go to the local council.
Quote:
Everyone else has to get permission
You honestly believe this ?
If you are rich enough you can buy permission .

Its hard to believe I am on the David Icke Forums sometimes ,so submissive and obediant to corrupt Authorities are some posters

bet you dont let your kids play conkers either grovel grovel
Old 07-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #16
Mr Happy
Banned

It's a beautiful home. This young couple are going to be forced to understand that homes in the UK, especially country homes, are now only for the rich or those who bought prior to the boom.

As for 12ft walls, castles, and turrets.. they are only for the elite Etonian Oxbridge wanker bankers, aristocracy, and celebs.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #17
oooooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by herzmeister View Post
The little house looks amazing,
I could understand a worthless paper clip counter getting uppity if it was made with breeze blocks and corrugated iron,

absolutely ridiculous.

What happened to the Tory scum promise of relaxed planning permission ?
“There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it” - A.Huxley

"todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground" D.Icke.
oooooooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #18
Mr Happy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooooooo View Post
What happened to the Tory scum promise of relaxed planning permission ?
This:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hes-spare.html
Old 07-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #19
oooooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannie27 View Post
You honestly believe this ?
If you are rich enough you can buy permission .

Its hard to believe I am on the David Icke Forums sometimes ,so submissive and obediant to corrupt Authorities are some posters

bet you dont let your kids play conkers either grovel grovel
+1
“There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it” - A.Huxley

"todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground" D.Icke.
oooooooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #20
sociowarpspasmphobe
Banned

There is a loophole big enough to drag a mosque through -

"Muslims are set to be allowed to continue using an extension which nearly doubles the capacity of Cambridge’s main mosque - despite neighbours’ complaints about “intolerable” noise and illegal parking.
The assembly room at the rear of the Mawson Road mosque has been used without planning permission for more than 12 months, but councillors are recommended to approve consent for another four years at a meeting next week.
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/News...0322060000.htm

Ps - Calling it a 'Green Mosque' gets around any 99.99% of all known parking concerns, or calling it a doctors surgery, then using it as a 'culture center' for prayer is acceptable ...

Planning a Mosque?
"This is rather an anorakish collation of Mosque news from the planning departments. Not what one of the tabloid papers would call a “right rivetin’ read”, but I was struck by the amount of activity in the field." [...]

This is happening all over the borough and although those residents and businesses that will be or are affected by these new mosques protest, they are never turned down.These places are invariably used for prayers and meetings without planning permission and only when local people complain to the council are they investigated and permission granted retrospectively. Then more building works are carried out on either the premises themselves to make them larger - again without planning approval or knowledge - and sometimes adjoining premises are bought and again building works carried out and approval granted after the works have either started or completed.

There are always promises to only have 100 worshippers and a "green travel plan" etc, etc. The reality, as all of us know who live near a mosque, is very far removed from that - [...]
http://www.newenglishreview.org/cust...9/sec_id/13035
sociowarpspasmphobe is offline   Reply With Quote