Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 30-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #1
evieee
Banned

Default Meat From Diseased Cattle Sold By Defra

Meat From Diseased Cattle Sold By Defra

Meat from cattle slaughtered after testing positive for bovine tuberculosis (bTB) is being sold for human consumption by Defra, the food and farming ministry has said.

The meat is banned by most supermarkets and burger chains, The Sunday Times reported.

Tesco, for example, rejects it because of "public-health concerns surrounding the issue of bTB and its risk to consumers".

But carcasses from around 28,000 diseased animals are sold to caterers and food processors every year.

The meat then finds its way into schools, hospitals and the military, or is used in products such as pies and pasties, the newspaper said.

A Defra spokeswoman said: "All meat from cattle slaughtered due to bovine TB must undergo rigorous food safety checks before it can be passed fit for consumption.

"The Food Standards Agency (FSA) has confirmed there are no known cases where TB has been transmitted through eating meat and the risk of infection from eating meat, even if raw or undercooked, remains extremely low."

Cattle which test positive for bTB must be slaughtered. Unless a private slaughter is arranged, the animals are taken to slaughter by Defra, which then pays compensation to farmers based on the market value.

Compensation ranges from £81 for a dairy calf up to £1,717 for an older breeding bull. Payments for pedigree cattle vary from £639 to £4,471.

Meat from slaughtered cattle is sold with no warning to processors or consumers that it comes from a bTB-infected herd.

Asked whether the public should know whether or not the meat they are buying originated from a diseased cow, a spokeswoman for the FSA said: "The public do not need to know anything more about that meat other than it is fit for human consumption."

If an inspection of a carcass reveals tuberculous lesions in more than one organ or region it is declared unfit for human consumption and destroyed, she explained.

But if only the lymph nodes in one organ or part of the carcass is infected, then that area is removed and the rest is considered safe to enter the food chain.

She added: "Cooking this meat would be an additional safety step, but we would emphasise the risk even before cooking is very low."

The Sunday Times claimed Defra's reassurances contrasted with experts' warnings that rising levels of bTB in cattle are becoming a serious threat to human health.

Such claims have been used to justify a cull of tens of thousands of badgers which are said by some to help spread the disease between cattle.

http://news.sky.com/story/1109703/me...-sold-by-defra
evieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
andy1033

I doubt regulations are upheld as much as you would think. Seeing as horse meat in burgers thing.

Disgusting, but i doubt the people making money care one bit.

Most definitely mammals pass on disease to each other, but which diseases pass on, whom knows.

So you can see that this sort of story is disgusting.

What is fit for consumption is a term they use, that is just good enough, but that could mean bad for humans. Madness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evieee View Post
But if only the lymph nodes in one organ or part of the carcass is infected, then that area is removed and the rest is considered safe to enter the food chain.
^^
sickness does not work like that.

What i have learned in life is that sickness does not work like that. What happens to alot of people that have cancer removed, it comes back, while it doesn't in others. Why?

Last edited by andy1033; 30-06-2013 at 11:07 AM.
andy1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #3
busa

It's all part of the same problem as the horse meat situation, they know this.
With complex and overlapping regulations, with a complex supply chain and numerous food producers, there is and always will be loopholes.
Nothing changes.

There are inherent human responses that strive to perpetuate the illusion of normality, long after the point of no return.
busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #4
elshaper

Kebab shop burger and cheap frozen beef burgers come to my mind.
There is no such thing as bargain. There's always a reason.
Old 30-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #5
piskavac

Quote:
Meat from slaughtered cattle is sold with no warning to processors or consumers that it comes from a bTB-infected herd.
Disgusting!
In 1975, a man riding a moped in Bermuda was accidentally struck and killed by a taxi. One year later, the man’s brother, riding the very same moped, was killed in the very same way by the very same taxi driven by the very same driver -- and carrying the very same passenger.
piskavac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #6
dixie d
Sin bin - Time Out

Quote:
Meat From Diseased Cattle Sold By Defra

Meat from cattle slaughtered after testing positive for bovine tuberculosis (bTB) is being sold for human consumption by Defra, the food and farming ministry has said.

The meat is banned by most supermarkets and burger chains, The Sunday Times reported.

Tesco, for example, rejects it because of "public-health concerns surrounding the issue of bTB and its risk to consumers".

But carcasses from around 28,000 diseased animals are sold to caterers and food processors every year.

The meat then finds its way into schools, hospitals and the military, or is used in products such as pies and pasties, the newspaper said.

A Defra spokeswoman said: "All meat from cattle slaughtered due to bovine TB must undergo rigorous food safety checks before it can be passed fit for consumption.

"The Food Standards Agency (FSA) has confirmed there are no known cases where TB has been transmitted through eating meat and the risk of infection from eating meat, even if raw or undercooked, remains extremely low."

Cattle which test positive for bTB must be slaughtered. Unless a private slaughter is arranged, the animals are taken to slaughter by Defra, which then pays compensation to farmers based on the market value.

Compensation ranges from £81 for a dairy calf up to £1,717 for an older breeding bull. Payments for pedigree cattle vary from £639 to £4,471.

Asked whether the public should know whether or not the meat they are buying originated from a diseased cow, a spokeswoman for the FSA said: "The public do not need to know anything more about that meat other than it is fit for human consumption."

If an inspection of a carcass reveals tuberculous lesions in more than one organ or region it is declared unfit for human consumption and destroyed, she explained.

She added: "Cooking this meat would be an additional safety step, but we would emphasise the risk even before cooking is very low."

The Sunday Times claimed Defra's reassurances contrasted with experts' warnings that rising levels of bTB in cattle are becoming a serious threat to human health.

Such claims have been used to justify a cull of tens of thousands of badgers which are said by some to help spread the disease between cattle.

http://news.sky.com/story/1109703/me...-sold-by-defra
I'd imagine an Egypt link, 20 = T [2 = B]

DEFRA = 456181 = 25 = Y (7 = G)

I also just wrote DEFRA under the words...

STAR OF DAVID = 920118 156 412294 = 56 = 11 = K

BEEF = 2556 = 18 = R (9 = I)

It is only my observation.

Last edited by dixie d; 30-06-2013 at 03:47 PM.
dixie d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #7
evieee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie d View Post
I'd imagine an Egypt link, 20 = T [2 = B]

DEFRA = 456181 = 25 = Y (7 = G)

I also just wrote DEFRA under the words...

STAR OF DAVID = 920118 156 412294 = 56 = 11 = K

BEEF = 2556 = 18 = R (9 = I)

It is only my observation.
Thanks Dixie
evieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #8
dixie d
Sin bin - Time Out

Quote:
Thanks Dixie
I'd imagine you can also add...

CATTLE = 312020125 = 16 = P (7 = G)

Is it P, for PEOPLE?

PHARAOH = 1581181158 = 29 = 11 = K

ARK = 11811?

There could be something with the 58, and maybe 888?

COMPASS CLOCK = 315131611919 31215311 = 58 = 13 = M (4 = D)

Either side of that picture I have the following...

I just had to reload that picture, which also means South Africa, and that picture is now next to this picture...

The other picture with the Compass Clock is this one...

They are only my observations.

Last edited by dixie d; 30-06-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old 30-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #9
elshaper

888 is a jackpot? No?
Old 30-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #10
dixie d
Sin bin - Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
888 is a jackpot? No?
JACKPOT = 101311161520 = 22 = V

I notice the number starts with 101?

The JACKPOT to me could also mean the...

LOTTERY = 1215202051825 = 34 = 7 = G

I also notice that number starts with 121. With that, could there be a link to this picture...

Either side of that picture, I have the following...

The picture is Img 21 = U (3 = C)

That picture is Img 404, or 44.

As I say, I can only make my observations.

Last edited by dixie d; 30-06-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old 30-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #11
elshaper

Old 30-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #12
dixie d
Sin bin - Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
I notice the number 1329113779 = 43 = 7 = G

888 = 24 = X (6 = F)

Last edited by dixie d; 30-06-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 30-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #13
syxx
Inactive

"Asked whether the public should know whether or not the meat they are buying originated from a diseased cow, a spokeswoman for the FSA said: "The public do not need to know anything more about that meat other than it is fit for human consumption." "

Unbelievable.
syxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #14
busa

So what is the real reason for the badger cull then?
If TB infected cattle is deemed fit for consumption, then it doesn't matter if they have TB for the food chain.

The part where DEFRA pay the farmers compensation for each infected animal but they don't mark the carcass as infected and allow it to be sold on, doesn't make sense.

There are inherent human responses that strive to perpetuate the illusion of normality, long after the point of no return.
busa is offline   Reply With Quote