Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Are there close family you don't speak to?
Yes 118 84.29%
No 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19-06-2013, 01:49 PM   #21
shakerr

I dont get along with my two sisters. They are into lady gaga and me first, fuck the rest later attitude. They think i am a schizo who robs money from my parents(not true).

Dont talk to them anymore.
Old 19-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #22
rreeve

I've given up on ALL family. No contact in over 5 years now. It can be hard at times because I do miss them but I try not to think about it because it's upsetting. I grew up to resent all authority and to this day I don't allow ANYONE to tell me what to do.

I don't recommend this if anyone else is thinking of doing the same. The reasons I made this drastic decision is hugely complex and the relationship breakdown is as much my fault as theirs.
rreeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #23
mmac900

This thread is like a jeremy kyle episode, funny at times and yet also sad. I myself have no problems with anyone in my family because it's not worth it. I have my beliefs and I dont shove them down other's people#s throats. If they like lady gaga, so what, its not worth falling out over is it? Most of you on here who dont speak to close family will miss them when they are dead and life is just too short for this, be more enlightened.
mmac900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #24
lizzy

my brother - lame , selfish , snotty deadhead - after I returned to the UK and nursed BOTH my parents before they died with 7 months of each other - he actually tried to prevent me from a small inheritance on the basis i had been out of country so long - I had paid for their trips to visit in me - I have given over the years FAR more to them than he did - such a tightwad - squeaked when he walked and when I tried to tell he about the NWO a few yrs ago - said it was nothing to do with him - haha - wait til he looses his pension.
lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #25
nocternald

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmac900 View Post
This thread is like a jeremy kyle episode, funny at times and yet also sad. I myself have no problems with anyone in my family because it's not worth it. I have my beliefs and I dont shove them down other's people#s throats. If they like lady gaga, so what, its not worth falling out over is it? Most of you on here who dont speak to close family will miss them when they are dead and life is just too short for this, be more enlightened.
Best post in this entire thread.

The poll at the top is very alarming and shows everything that is wrong with the UK.

The breakdown of the family!
Old 19-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #26
derekbuttery

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmac900 View Post
i know i should google, but who's jeremy kyle?

http://justice4the21.blogspot.ca/

Justice for the 21!
derekbuttery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #27
maxine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofuture View Post
I seem to know quite a few people who don't talk to one or both of their parents, or one of their siblings. Wanted to know how widespread this is.

It affects me too.
There are reasons that we don't speak - and it isn't down to me! I'll leave it to the higher beings - to sort the problem out! LOL!
Old 19-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #28
bryce

There's a few family members I don't speak to for various reasons. It's quite sad really as I'd love to be one of those people who has a really close, supportive family but I'm not. I think this is quite a common thing these days. Family are meant to be the ones you can depend on and get support from when things go wrong but in reality for me it's more often than not the total opposite.
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #29
wildheart

I am one of four siblings and, because of my mother's shenanigans as we grew up, my older brother and sister cut themselves away and none of us have spoken in years.

I learned to forgive my mom (she's 80 next year, Im 45) and I still see my other sister.

As soon as I could, I moved miles away from them all with my daughter (who was very little at the time).

My close family now is my second husband, my daughter, our dog (seriously) and my friends and bandmates.

Surround yourself with likeminded people who love you - family isn't always blood.
wildheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #30
shakerr

May i add the fake lady gaga satanic attitude that has rubbed off on them. They dont question and would easily become contestants of big brother.

I dont care what they listen to,its more the attitude. I do at times miss them because we were close when younger but the teenage years changed that. sign of the times perhaps.
Old 19-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #31
lu__

There's a couple I don't have anything to do with, I'll speak to them minimally, but I've no interest in them, I see them kind of like a demented dog at at a friends house.
I think I've been pretty lucky actually.
Old 20-06-2013, 12:28 AM   #32
fratoue

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakerr View Post
I dont get along with my two sisters. They are into lady gaga and me first, fuck the rest later attitude. They think i am a schizo who robs money from my parents(not true).

Dont talk to them anymore.

I could have written this post!, I can't really stand my two sisters, judgmental, intolerant arseholes who love all the vacuous shite that's on TV. For years they have been petty, vindictive and spiteful with me and so it's just easier not to bother with them and not talk to them.

In a way I find this thread comforting to know other people have family members they can't stand. I've always seen supportive loving families and it made me envious I never had that,

I think in a way that lack of support helps shape an independent mind hence why so many on this have had family issues.
fratoue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 02:58 AM   #33
janedoe

I as another poster stated, find this thread somewhat comforting too. And its opened my eyes that so many of us are in this boat. I have no contact with any of my family members save one. My only child was taken because of my beliefs. Started with I am not going to vaccinate her here is why.. That child is the only I speak to and sadly only on occasion. So I forgive them all in some ways but not completely and never will speak to any again and vice versa. I agree that blood does not make family. I wish could have a loving family of course but.. so the cards dealt. Those who do what a blessing. Those who don't life goes on. My awakening and wanting to tell firstly my family of dangers such as flouride etc etc well I now speak rarely on these things to any. Can't be arsed. But I will always speak up if asked and am quite unashamed to do so of course. But to each to their own. Now I live a pretty quiet life in that regard. Safeguard myself as much as possible and just look within for the most part.

Last edited by janedoe; 20-06-2013 at 02:59 AM.
janedoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #34
fratoue

Quote:
Originally Posted by janedoe View Post
I as another poster stated, find this thread somewhat comforting too. And its opened my eyes that so many of us are in this boat. I have no contact with any of my family members save one. My only child was taken because of my beliefs. Started with I am not going to vaccinate her here is why.. That child is the only I speak to and sadly only on occasion. So I forgive them all in some ways but not completely and never will speak to any again and vice versa. I agree that blood does not make family. I wish could have a loving family of course but.. so the cards dealt. Those who do what a blessing. Those who don't life goes on. My awakening and wanting to tell firstly my family of dangers such as flouride etc etc well I now speak rarely on these things to any. Can't be arsed. But I will always speak up if asked and am quite unashamed to do so of course. But to each to their own. Now I live a pretty quiet life in that regard. Safeguard myself as much as possible and just look within for the most part.
Sorry to hear
Can be very hard trying to tell family of these things especially when they despise you for it and are completely dismissive and see you as a loon and vice versa you see them as braindead sheep, unfortunately they have the numbers we don't and thus 'woke up' people will be picked on and hounded, ues even by family members.

Blood doesn't mean shit to a lot of people, it's all a myth really.

Thomas Sheridan's videos offer insight into how to deal with psychopath people who do EVERYTHING to push your buttons.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnedlAfHpl8

Personally, I don't care if I never see my sisters ever again, pure vacuous, dismissive, stupid and cruel bitches.
Old 31-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #35
silkie
Inactive

Just started getting in contact with my sister more after my marriage breakdown. I didn't realise how isolated from family and friends I had become.

I speak to my ex's mother a bit but he doesn't.

I think it was a good decision for him to cut contact with her I sometimes have to avoid her as she sows seeds in your head that grow - its all bad stuff.

Then again the correct thing to do would be for him to have got therapy and confronted her with his anxieties over his childhood for closure.
But people like that can twist your mind so its dangerous ground.

What I'm saying is that sometimes you have to cut off from people even family if they are abusive or harmful.

I have to be careful at what is said to the kids by their father and grandmother now - its not easy and I don't want to cut contact but damage limitation is the best option for family members that just want to hurt others.

Everyone else - get on the phone and tell them you love them....no excuse
silkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 10:30 PM   #36
silkie
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fratoue View Post
Sorry to hear
Can be very hard trying to tell family of these things especially when they despise you for it and are completely dismissive and see you as a loon and vice versa you see them as braindead sheep, unfortunately they have the numbers we don't and thus 'woke up' people will be picked on and hounded, ues even by family members.

Blood doesn't mean shit to a lot of people, it's all a myth really.

Thomas Sheridan's videos offer insight into how to deal with psychopath people who do EVERYTHING to push your buttons.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnedlAfHpl8

Personally, I don't care if I never see my sisters ever again, pure vacuous, dismissive, stupid and cruel bitches.
Good video - unfortunately no contact ever again doesn't work if you have kids with them....
silkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #37
fratoue

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkie View Post
Good video - unfortunately no contact ever again doesn't work if you have kids with them....
That's tricky, maybe minimal contact?.
Old 31-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #38
nofuture

I always feel depressed after speaking to my mother or father. I have nothing in common with either of them and never have. We were never one of those touchy feely loving families and this made me feel like an alien compared with other families we lived near. Actually I always felt our family were freaks even though we're respectable.
Now it seems as if everyone thinks their family is dysfunctional.

Benjamin Netanyahu on 9/11
nofuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #39
martg
Banned

any of them, and any of you
the world is closed
martg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 11:09 PM   #40
reallife
Banned

I haven't spoken to one of my brothers for about 25 years cant remember why?
reallife is offline   Reply With Quote