Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Nutrition / Diet / Alternative Therapies / Healing
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #1
elshaper

Default Purpose of parasites

Everything in this world has its place and even flies has purpose but I couldn't think one for parasites e.g. tapeworm etc ...and found this to my surprise.

Quote:
Bolstering immunity
Some recent studies have suggested that parasites actually play an important role in immune function, and speculate that the rise of autoimmune disorders in modern societies may be due to their effectiveness in getting rid of parasites. A scientist at the University of Iowa showed that some worms calmed the immune system, even though when their numbers got too high they caused anemia and other problems. He rationalized that the parasite functions to keep its host healthy for its own sake in a relationship that blurs the line between symbiotic and parasitic.

Read more: What Are the Functions of Parasites? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_8754287_fun...parasites.html
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:18 PM   #2
jconnar

We are parasites. We feed off other organisms to sustain ourselves.
jconnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:29 PM   #3
serpico

Does life have to feed off life or would sunlight and fruit feed everything on the planet in theory?

If life was supposed to feed off life since the beginning- I'd imagine it would of cannibalised itself into non existence pretty quickly?
serpico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:49 PM   #4
elshaper

Just because we eat fruits or vegetables, it won't make us parasites in this context. Parasites are something that latches on to a host and draws nutrients from it. e.g. Mistletoe

Last edited by elshaper; 06-05-2013 at 11:50 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #5
al209

I don't think any organism has purpose outside of its own survival and reproduction. Imagine your purpose in life was to live an die in someone's ass. I'd rather accept the notion that there was no purpose to it and it just is what it is.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #6
al209

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
Does life have to feed off life or would sunlight and fruit feed everything on the planet in theory?

If life was supposed to feed off life since the beginning- I'd imagine it would of cannibalised itself into non existence pretty quickly?
I have the feeling lions for instance wouldn't last too long sungazing on banana island.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #7
macchoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post

If we are parasites, and Earth is our host.

We extract it's fruit and vegetables for our own nourishment... but in return, we sustain Earth by taking care of it, allowing it to grow more fruit and veggies, which we continue to consume.

It's a win-win situation.

This is hypothetically-speaking, though.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #8
serpico

Quote:
Originally Posted by al209 View Post
I have the feeling lions for instance wouldn't last too long sungazing on banana island.
Surely meat eating is a later development though? If the chicken ate the egg it would be a very short chain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macchoi View Post
If we are parasites, and Earth is our host.

We extract it's fruit and vegetables for our own nourishment... but in return, we sustain Earth by taking care of it, allowing it to grow more fruit and veggies, which we continue to consume.

It's a win-win situation.

This is hypothetically-speaking, though.
Our choices tend to be more akin to viruses who kill the host though.. But not always! We got a lot of growing up to do.
serpico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #9
paradise found
Inactive

Who says that anything has any purpose, beyond life itself?
paradise found is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #10
elshaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by al209 View Post
I don't think any organism has purpose outside of its own survival and reproduction. Imagine your purpose in life was to live an die in someone's ass. I'd rather accept the notion that there was no purpose to it and it just is what it is.
Let me give you an example.
Without fungus and bacteria, the world does not decompose and we'd end up with pile of rubbish even more so than now LOL
Old 08-05-2013, 04:15 AM   #11
atredies

All life on this planet owes it's existence to the Sun, who will blow up in a billion years and destroy Earth and all life on it.
atredies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:34 AM   #12
dontpushme

i think it's called the red queen hypothesis, but basicly it suggested that gender came about as a result of parasites as a way of beating them genetically (an evolutionary arms race)

you might not like parasites, but without them we'd probably be single cell bacteria floating around splitting every few hours
only an eye with a speck of dust in it, an abscessed finger, an infected tooth feel themselves, are aware of their individuality; a healthy eye, finger, tooth are not felt - they seem nonexistent. Is it not clear that individual consciousness is merely a sickness?

'if everybody was involved in truth and justice there would be no need for secret agents

“Ants are good citizens, they place group interests first
dontpushme is offline   Reply With Quote