Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Nutrition / Diet / Alternative Therapies / Healing
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 28-03-2013, 12:51 AM   #1
surfsteve

Default Himalayan Rock Salt vs Celtic Sea Salt

I am just about out of Celtic Sea salt and was wondering if I should consider buying Himalayan salt instead. After reading this and other articles I decided to stick with the Celtic Sea salt. I even invested in a ceramic mill that promises to grind the salt while it is still moist.

Here is the last paragraph that kind of sums up the article. Be sure and check out the chemical analysis of both provided in the link:
http://www.alnaturalhealth.com/blog/...ltic-sea-salt/
Quote:
What about pollutants in the sea? The action of waves in oxygenating sea water and the action of sunlight and marine microorganisms in the sea are known to purify the oceans by braking down pollutants put into them. The ocean is a fantastic purifier, otherwise the ocean would not sustain life anymore. Looking at the ocean currents that bring sea water to the north coast of France where Celtic Sea Salt is harvested on the ocean map shown at http://www.physicalgeography.net/fundamentals/8q_1.html I find that the water arriving at Celtic Sea Salt’s harvest point on the coast of France travels right across the Atlantic Ocean, in the Nth Atlantic drift. It does not touch land across in it’s trip across the entire Atlantic ocean. Thousands of Km are traveled, plenty of time and contact with purifying elements elapses before arriving on the coast of France to be harvested. The proof is that it Celtic Sea Salt has to pass rigid organic standards of the European and Australian Certification for purity. Notice, the water does not come from the polluted coasts of Europe or Englandas has been suggested by Celtic Sea Salt’s opponents. It is totally false. When we look at the facts free from advertising hype which does not hold water, we see that we cannot go past the good old, tried and true Celtic Sea Salt:

Mineral content is better, and more balanced, with about double the magnesium and 1/5 the sodium,
The kind of mercury Celtic Salt contains actually helps us to deal with toxic heavy metals, including methyl mercury,
It does not contain pollutants washed down from our civilizations on land.

Finally, as with everything that is new, Himalayan salt is several times more expensive to buy that Celtic Salt and, in my opinion taste nicer. I know what I am going to use and advocate.

Last edited by surfsteve; 28-03-2013 at 12:54 AM.
surfsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 01:11 AM   #2
angel139

Hi
I have been using Himalayan salt from the health store for the past couple of years after I read an article about how much better it is. I only use very little salt anyway in cooking but I feel this salt has a much better taste.
angel139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 04:05 AM   #3
surfsteve

I really like the taste of Celtic Sea salt. I find though that I have to use a lot more than either regular table salt or Himalayan salt. That's not surprising since the article I posted claims that Himalayan contains 5 times more sodium than the Celtic does. It's been years but it seems to me that Himalayan tasted more like common table salt than it does like Celtic. I think Himalayan is a scam. I even got fake salt myself one time while ordering it.
Old 28-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #4
swamideva

Location: As above so below, as within so without. A fractal in a holographic universe.

Have you tried making Sole pronounced Solay.

http://www.himalayancrystalsalt.com/sole-recipe.html

Make sure the Himalayan salt is stone ground. The cheap stuff is probabally blasted out of the ground (not dug) and ground with metal rollers, which have to be replaced every month, so the salt will contain heavy metals and wont be pure. If the seller doesn't say its stone ground assume its not.

Minreals are so very important more so than vitamins. Most illnesses are cause by iodine deficiency. Please see my thread here
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showt...post1061406636

and also magnesium deficiency

http://drsircus.com/medicine/magnesium

These like pink salt are cheap ways to boost health considerably

Be in your Heart
Acintya bheda abheda
Seriousness is an illness
Everything that is visible must extend grow beyond itself into the realm of the invisible

There are only 2 mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way.' - Mark Passio
swamideva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
surfsteve

I tried making that out of Celtic sea salt before. I actually prefer soy sauce and started buying naturally brewed soy sauce by the gallon to refill my dispenser.

I can see you are stuck on Himalayan but have you looked at the laboratory analysis in the link on the first post I provided? I can't vouch for it but if it is correct it seems to me that Celtic sea salt wins hands down over Himalayan, which is a land locked salt that has been exposed to rain and ground water. Seems like that would allow minerals to leach out and even some to percolate in. If that is what you want then more power to you but do you really think it's better; and if so, why?
Old 28-03-2013, 11:55 PM   #6
swamideva

Location: As above so below, as within so without. A fractal in a holographic universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsteve View Post
I tried making that out of Celtic sea salt before. I actually prefer soy sauce and started buying naturally brewed soy sauce by the gallon to refill my dispenser.

I can see you are stuck on Himalayan but have you looked at the laboratory analysis in the link on the first post I provided? I can't vouch for it but if it is correct it seems to me that Celtic sea salt wins hands down over Himalayan, which is a land locked salt that has been exposed to rain and ground water. Seems like that would allow minerals to leach out and even some to percolate in. If that is what you want then more power to you but do you really think it's better; and if so, why?
Never tried Celtic, the advertising for himalyan says it contains 84 minerals, and is mined several miles underground, from an ancient seabed.

Be in your Heart
Acintya bheda abheda
Everything that is visible must extend grow beyond itself into the realm of the invisible

There are only 2 mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way.' - Mark Passio
Old 29-03-2013, 05:51 AM   #7
gnosis_dub

Has anyone tried new zealand sea salt? David Wolfe mentioned it as his new favorite over himalayan.

http://www.saltworks.us/shop/product.asp?idProduct=170
gnosis_dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #8
surfsteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnosis_dub View Post
Has anyone tried new zealand sea salt? David Wolfe mentioned it as his new favorite over himalayan.
http://www.saltworks.us/shop/product.asp?idProduct=170
I'd be careful. I found some really cheap salt on ebay that claims to be made from evaporated sea water too.

I wrote the guy and asked him if and how it was processed and asked if any of the minerals in it were removed after it was evaporated by the sun and never heard back from them. I have been told it was a fact that the companies like Hain that sell "sea salt" process it to the point that it is virtually no different than common table salt and that it was because they made more money from selling the minerals they extracted from it than they do from selling the salt.

I looked at your link briefly and didn't see anywhere that it was unprocessed or whole unrefined sea salt and suspect that neither of our sources are selling it that way.

Other than local contamination I am under the impression that all sea water is virtually the same. I wouldn't hesitate buying unrefined sea salt other than Celtic sea salt if it were cheaper somewhere else as long as it were clean and non radioactive. All sea salt comes from the sea. Just because it was evaporated by the sun does not mean however that it wasn't processed afterwards.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:40 AM   #9
swamideva

Salt from evaporated sea water surely will contain all sorts of crap, every chemical is in the sea is in dilute form. Correct me if i am wrong

Himalayan salt is mined miles underground, from an ancient seabed, no pollutants back then.

Make sure it is stone ground, cheap versions are ground with metal rollers that have to be changed often, so the salt will contain heavy metals. If it is stone ground then it will most probably be dug from the ground and not blasted.

Be in your Heart
Acintya bheda abheda

Old 12-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #10
surfsteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamideva View Post
Salt from evaporated sea water surely will contain all sorts of crap, every chemical is in the sea is in dilute form. Correct me if i am wrong

Himalayan salt is mined miles underground, from an ancient seabed, no pollutants back then.

Make sure it is stone ground, cheap versions are ground with metal rollers that have to be changed often, so the salt will contain heavy metals. If it is stone ground then it will most probably be dug from the ground and not blasted.
I used to believe that too. Here are my thoughts on your post: Himalayan salt can not be mined miles underground unless it is done with water and processed. If it is dug then it must come from near the surface because digging miles underground would prove too costly to go after salt. The rollers you speak of are not going to be made from heavy metals such as lead and would most likely be made of steel. More than likely any heavy metals found in it would come from being leached in for millions of years from wherever it came from. At the same time many of the valuable minerals from the ancient sea beds will have tended to leach out. I believe the analysis I provided in the link of the first post will confirm this.
Old 22-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #11
surfsteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamideva View Post
Have you tried making Sole pronounced Solay.

http://www.himalayancrystalsalt.com/sole-recipe.html

Make sure the Himalayan salt is stone ground. The cheap stuff is probabally blasted out of the ground (not dug) and ground with metal rollers, which have to be replaced every month, so the salt will contain heavy metals and wont be pure. If the seller doesn't say its stone ground assume its not.

Minreals are so very important more so than vitamins. Most illnesses are cause by iodine deficiency. Please see my thread here
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showt...post1061406636

and also magnesium deficiency

http://drsircus.com/medicine/magnesium

These like pink salt are cheap ways to boost health considerably
I started making sole out of my Celtic sea salt again. First I just dissolved it in my soy sauce shaker. This worked but left a gray scum on top and some gray gunk on the bottom of my dispenser. That's when I got the idea of putting the salt in a jar first. After it sits a day or two I add enough water to force the scum layer to overflow. Then I re cap it and let it sit till it becomes clear except for the scum layer on the bottom and only pour the clear stuff into my dispenser. Once you get used to the fact that it's twice as strong as soya sauce, it becomes really easy to use. I still use the salt grinder when I want to add salt to anything dry but for everything else I use the sole preparation. It's so much more convenient, plus I'm not eating any of the gray dirt from the Celtic sea salt.
Old 23-04-2013, 01:28 AM   #12
swamideva

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsteve View Post
I started making sole out of my Celtic sea salt again. First I just dissolved it in my soy sauce shaker. This worked but left a gray scum on top and some gray gunk on the bottom of my dispenser. That's when I got the idea of putting the salt in a jar first. After it sits a day or two I add enough water to force the scum layer to overflow. Then I re cap it and let it sit till it becomes clear except for the scum layer on the bottom and only pour the clear stuff into my dispenser. Once you get used to the fact that it's twice as strong as soya sauce, it becomes really easy to use. I still use the salt grinder when I want to add salt to anything dry but for everything else I use the sole preparation. It's so much more convenient, plus I'm not eating any of the gray dirt from the Celtic sea salt.
Scum sounds nasty, himalayan rocks just dissolve an the water is clear

Be in your Heart
Acintya bheda abheda

Old 23-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #13
blue2

I use Himalayan, and Sicilian sea salt which details the minerals on the bag and there is iodine and magnesium in,www.trapanisale.com from www.oliveoilstore.co.uk

Last edited by blue2; 23-04-2013 at 10:20 AM.
blue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #14
surfsteve

How does the mineral analysis on the bag of your salt compare with the analysis in the very first post? In that analysis Celtic sea salt was vastly superior to Himalayan.
Old 24-04-2013, 01:26 AM   #15
gnosis_dub

Well if the Sicilian Sea Salt is from the Mediterranean, then I be careful. It's listed as one of the top ten most radioactive places on earth.
http://brainz.org/ten-most-radioactive-places-earth/
gnosis_dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #16
hangthedj
Banned

Very interesting, thanks all for the links and advice/opinions
hangthedj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #17
sicknote

A critical view on salt.

http://www.living-foods.com/articles/kicksalt.html

Quote:
Salt Intake Swollen Joints. Table salt, and all other salts except those found in their organic stages in fruits and vegetables, are inorganic substances which cannot be assimilated by the body and must be discarded by the bloodstream at the earliest opportunity. Usually the salt is deposited in the joints, particularly the knees, elbows, ankles, wrists, and the like, resulting later in arthritis and rheumatism. Salt, in its effect, is like that of sand in gears; it irritates and slowly but surely destroys. Salt cannot be digested, assimilated, or utilized by the body. Salt has no nutritional value! SALT HAS NO VITAMINS! NO ORGANIC MINERALS! NO NUTRIENTS OF ANY KIND! Instead, it is positively harmful and may bring on troubles in the kidneys, bladder, heart, arteries, veins, and may waterlog the tissues, causing a dropsical condition. Salt may act as a heart poison. It also increases the irritability of the nervous system. Salt acts to rob calcium from the body and attacks the mucous lining throughout the entire gastrointestinal tract. SALT IS NOT ESSENTIAL TO LIFE. Just Kick the Salt Habit.
Quote:
High levels of dietary sodium are now generally recognized to be the single greatest dietary risk factor for osteoporosis [Matkovic et al. 1995; Devine et al. 1995; Cappuccio 1996].

Last edited by sicknote; 02-10-2013 at 08:42 PM.
sicknote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #18
blue2

I use both Himalayan and Trapani Sale unrefined Sicilian sea salt that has minerals of magnesium, iodine, calcium, ferro iron, copper, potassium, sodium. www.trapanisale.com although I buy it in from www.oliveoilstore.co.uk along with Lugue organic Spanish olive oil low acidic nicest freshest tasting oil I've come across.

Then there is Seaweed salt from www.milldownsalt.com

With Himalayan of which I managed to get hold of the scientific sheet via www.detoxyourworld.com a few yrs back and I did put it onto a thread about it on here at that time so if you Search you should find it, with breakdown of minerals within the salt. At least you can make the sole= so-lay, see on detoxyourworld for that of how to.

Last edited by blue2; 03-10-2013 at 11:13 AM.
blue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #19
surfsteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicknote View Post

I don't believe that website. Athletes need extra salt and other minerals because they sweat a lot more. So this is especially true with me but I am convinced even the average person doesn't get enough minerals from their foods.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:59 PM   #20
elshaper

Surely, celtic sea salt must contain radioactive materials since there is a study that shows high numbers of cancer occuring along the Irish coast line. Look at all that radioactive materials they've dumped so far.

Most people do not have relationships they take hostages. ~ swamideva
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote