Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 27-03-2013, 12:47 AM   #1
souceoftruth
Senior Member
 
souceoftruth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 486
Talking Bitcoin on BBC Newsnight

souceoftruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 01:48 AM   #2
grannie27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6,554
Default

2.19 did the reporter say we could swap pounds for Gold .... LMAO

and since the whole computer network is monitered by the Government and can be turned off at will ,would you trust it ?
grannie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 02:09 AM   #3
elshaper
Senior Member
 
elshaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pandæmonium
Posts: 11,745
Default

You know where bitcoin might go?
I bet google will buy it at somepoint. They've got googlecheckout but I bet you...they want to have them all.....control freak!
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #4
wakeup2nwo
Senior Member
 
wakeup2nwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 15,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannie27 View Post
2.19 did the reporter say we could swap pounds for Gold .... LMAO

and since the whole computer network is monitered by the Government and can be turned off at will ,would you trust it ?
No. Bitcoin is the protocol for the cashless society the elite bankers have been trying to achieve for a long time.

Bitcoin will be regulated by the government and we will all be slaves to it.

How anyone cant see their plan astounds me to be honest.

You think your winning when your having the wool pulled over them sleepy eyes if you trust bitcoin. or Max Keiser for that matter.
__________________
"Its plain to see that the seeds from you and me, will be the ones that lead us towards unity, that's if we treat them right, must teach them right, raise your kids better than you was and see what it does" EDI - Outlawz
wakeup2nwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #5
danster82
Senior Member
 
danster82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London
Posts: 3,870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
You know where bitcoin might go?
I bet google will buy it at somepoint. They've got googlecheckout but I bet you...they want to have them all.....control freak!
they might want to have them all, but fourtunatley its impossible to buy bitcoin as its impossible to sell it as there is no owner.
__________________
http://danster82.com//
danster82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #6
lavista4u
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,401
Default

CIA
lavista4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #7
motleyhoo
Senior Member
 
motleyhoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,875
Default

As soon as anything goes mainstream it is ruined. Period.

.
__________________
"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it ... It is not a field of a few acres of ground, but a cause, that we are defending, and whether we defeat the enemy in one battle, or by degrees, the consequences will be the same." -- Thomas Paine
motleyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #8
magicmayan
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeup2nwo View Post
No. Bitcoin is the protocol for the cashless society the elite bankers have been trying to achieve for a long time.

Bitcoin will be regulated by the government and we will all be slaves to it.

How anyone cant see their plan astounds me to be honest.

You think your winning when your having the wool pulled over them sleepy eyes if you trust bitcoin. or Max Keiser for that matter.
Bang on the bitcoin, so to speak.
Adopt bitcoin AT YOUR PERIL
magicmayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #9
magicmayan
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danster82 View Post
they might want to have them all, but fourtunatley its impossible to buy bitcoin as its impossible to sell it as there is no owner.
Mine them bitches, I knew one lad who had 25 top end PC's mining 24/7 at 100% CPU and all he made was 1 bitcoin after all the costs for electricity.
Bitcoin is shit and a precursor to a global digital currency, wake up sheeple
magicmayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #10
separ
Senior Member
 
separ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 138
Default

Bitcoins seem to resemble existing currencies, which are also normally sent in the form of electronic bits from individual to individual, business to business. I strongly dislike this system. If it depends on the internet it can be taxed. If you can't bury it in the ground in a secret place someone strong (whether a govt, an online bank-like company such as Paypal or the owners of the pipes and infrastructure i.e. computer networks) can come along and take their slice. They could take it all but that would be slaughtering the sheep for its wool. This is a bullshit money.
separ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #11
opaquelens
Junior Member
 
opaquelens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South London
Posts: 28
Talking

It looks like most people on this thread haven't done their research properly. If looked at from afar, Bitcoin is the only way to gauge the hidden hyperinflation which is running rife in the world.

What I'm about to say will be considered heresy from David Icke diehards, but having an automatic knee jerk reaction to everything like's it's a CIA conspiracy all of the time is not a neutral enough perspective to look at the bigger picture.

All Bitcoin naysayers should thoroughly research Bitcoins and spend weeks reading up and learning about it properly.

If this turned out to be the thing which ousts the elite classes from their position (they're not invincible you know) will you stand corrected?

If you have a 'don't bother me with the facts, my mind is made up' mentality towards Bitcoin, the chances are you have that with lots of other things too, and how will you know a blessing from a conspiracy.

To be honest (and no disrespect to Icke himself) if we ended up in a paradise tomorrow, Icke diehards would have to turn the paradise itself into a conspiracy.

I'm probably a troll, an agent of the CIA or one of Max Keiser's minions or something. If I am I don't know. It's that insidious.

Last edited by opaquelens; 27-03-2013 at 04:45 PM.
opaquelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #12
tildatod
Senior Member
 
tildatod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: A sunless world
Posts: 5,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaquelens View Post
It looks like most people on this thread haven't done their research properly. If looked at from afar, Bitcoin is the only way to gauge the hidden hyperinflation which is running rife in the world.

What I'm about to say will be considered heresy from David Icke diehards, but having an automatic knee jerk reaction to everything like's it's a CIA conspiracy all of the time is not a neutral enough perspective to look at the bigger picture.

All Bitcoin naysayers should thoroughly research Bitcoins and spend weeks reading up and learning about it properly.

If this turned out to be the thing which ousts the elite classes from their position (they're not invincible you know) will you stand corrected?

If you have a 'don't bother me with the facts, my mind is made up' mentality towards Bitcoin, the chances are you have that with lots of other things too, and how will you know a blessing from a conspiracy.

To be honest (and no disrespect to Icke himself) if we ended up in a paradise tomorrow, Icke diehards would have to turn the paradise itself into a conspiracy.

I'm probably a troll, an agent of the CIA or one of Max Keiser's minions or something. If I am I don't know. It's that insidious.
I do not know the fundamental intricacies of bitcoin and how it works. I do know that some clever minds on this very forum made the very pertinent point that if you haven't got an internet connection and electricity, you can't very well access your billions of bitcoins.

Not only is it then restricted to those places that do have these systems, but should electricity and internet connections disappear, then it is completely non-viable.

I trust a physical substance I can eat, wear, or carry.
tildatod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #13
realy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: spiritual subway tunnels
Posts: 3,249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tildatod View Post
I do not know the fundamental intricacies of bitcoin and how it works. I do know that some clever minds on this very forum made the very pertinent point that if you haven't got an internet connection and electricity, you can't very well access your billions of bitcoins.

Not only is it then restricted to those places that do have these systems, but should electricity and internet connections disappear, then it is completely non-viable.

I trust a physical substance I can eat, wear, or carry.
I am interested in bitcoin atm but you have a point if it is all dependent on electricity_How bout a large emp explosion takes out the circuits one day soon? or sun flares big enough to take it out, then that is a different story.
__________________
"In order to give the GOYIM no time to think and take note, their minds must be
diverted towards industry and trade. Thus, all the nations will be swallowed up in the
pursuit of gain and in the race for it will not take note of their common foe."

http://www.revilo-oliver.com/rpo/Anti_Humans.html
realy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #14
motleyhoo
Senior Member
 
motleyhoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,875
Default

How about when all the cash registers and atms get turned into bitcoin terminals, and your "cash" is on your biometric bitcoin card. See where I am going with this?.
__________________
"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it ... It is not a field of a few acres of ground, but a cause, that we are defending, and whether we defeat the enemy in one battle, or by degrees, the consequences will be the same." -- Thomas Paine
motleyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #15
realy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: spiritual subway tunnels
Posts: 3,249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motleyhoo View Post
How about when all the cash registers and atms get turned into bitcoin terminals, and your "cash" is on your biometric bitcoin card. See where I am going with this?.
not sure of the biometric thing.
__________________
"In order to give the GOYIM no time to think and take note, their minds must be
diverted towards industry and trade. Thus, all the nations will be swallowed up in the
pursuit of gain and in the race for it will not take note of their common foe."

http://www.revilo-oliver.com/rpo/Anti_Humans.html
realy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #16
bendelapidate
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mars
Posts: 1,554
Default

I'm pretty sure bitcoin is a scam/ponzi. The most suspect aspect of it is that it was created by this mysterious guy who nobody has met and who just disappeared off the radar. The second thing that makes me angry is that in all the hype for it, nobody wants to tell you that the people who created bitcoin -and were early to be involved in it - had access to vast computer resources, enabling them to "mine" millions of bitcoins. Given the way the "value" of these electronic data items has increased, it means that its creators will be very wealthy indeed and in the full knowledge that naive people think they can mine some themselves would actually spend more money on electricity than the value of the coins created. That gives bitcoin all the hallmarks of a giant ponzi scheme. If you still have doubts, just watch this youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UKC7iaBKvs


The thing that makes me even angrier is the way Max Keiser is using bitcoin in his personal vendetta against the people he once worked for. He doesn't care if it's as much as a ponzi as the existing system since a) he's already very wealthy and b) he can score points against the current ponzi and help destabilise the monetary system for his Russian paymasters.
bendelapidate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 06:25 PM   #17
bodycomputer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Coventry
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendelapidate View Post
The most suspect aspect of it is that it was created by this mysterious guy who nobody has met and who just disappeared off the radar.
Because we don't know who the mysterious guy Satoshi is could point either way depending on your view. You obviously see it as a negative and believe it points to the creator being a scammer.

There is also the opposing view that maybe this Satoshi really thought about everything to do with Bitcoin and realised that he didn't want to be famous in anyway, didn't want Bitcoin to have a face and didn't want to be blamed if it does all go terribly wrong. Maybe he thought he could've been targeted for assasination by banks. Obviously we will never know, but I don't think we can really say that not knowing who created it is a negative. I know that if I was Satoshi, I would not want to be famous.
bodycomputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #18
separ
Senior Member
 
separ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 138
Default

I'll tell you what, ladies and gentlemen. Check your PMs and find out how many Separs you have in your accounts. NIL?! You're ALL unemployed scum! But don't worry, you can work your way up. 10 Separs for anyone who can deliver me a Hawaiian extra large deep pan cheese-filled crust pizza. If you want to start your own pizza business, PM me here and we can talk about business loans. Re-mortgage your house with me, and I'll credit you with up to 50,000 Separs! I have no overheads, so I can keep interest rates low for YOU; and all transfers of Separs is via 'bits' i.e. by PM messages on this board. You need never worry about carrying any cash around with you ever again!

Oh and by the way if any of you are a bit strapped for Separs, note that I need my house cleaned, I need my political enemies removed surgically and I'm in the market for a new car. PM me here. You only have as many Separs as I say you have, and right now you're all broke as hell.

Last edited by separ; 27-03-2013 at 06:29 PM.
separ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #19
herzmeister
Senior Member
 
herzmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,725
Default

True is:
  • It largely is dependent on a network like the internet to function. But who says there'll be an EMP? Not everyone necessarily believes in an upcoming doomsday scenario. And even if so, "they" will finally have revealed their true nature. For those who speculate on that scenario and it never happens, most of their prepper stuff will turn out to have been mal-investments. So don't keep all your eggs in one basket. No one knows the future after all.
  • Bitcoins are of course less "tangible" and less "eternal" than something like gold. It probably won't stay around until the year 3000. It's just a tool to transfer value over the internet near-instantly, practically for free, potentially anonymously, and without bureaucracy, registration or central authority. For those who see bitcoins as an investment, it's for sure a higher risk than gold and silver, but may promise much higher returns in the short-term future.

False or inaccurate is:
  • Is it a Ponzi? No, it's not. In a Ponzi, when there are no new investors, it collapses. Bitcoin rather acts like a stock. When no one invests anymore, the value will remain constant. At any point in time, you don't know if it will gain or lose value in the future. That applied for the "early adopters" as well. It's an investment into an open source and fully transparently developed system without any formal organization behind it, which is quite a novelty. In that way, it may be "just" a PayPal or Western Union competitor. And all you need to do to invest is hold some of the limited 21 million units that are also used as the transfer units. Their value is simply driven by supply and demand. Max Keiser is simply right that this is one of the few remaining investment options that are severely undervalued, even shortly before the global economic collapse.
  • There were no "vast computer resources" required to program the first version of Bitcoin and bootstrap the network. If you want to spend hardware and electricity on mining, then you have to know what you're doing. It's difficult not because there's some conspiracy, but rather because many users are racing for their share of apparently free and easy bitcoins, which they really aren't.
  • It's not intransparent how it all started, it's all out in the web. The ideas for such a decentralized digital currency have long been around in the hacker and cyberpunk/cypherpunk subculture, for exactly the reason of escaping this dystopian scenario of totalitarian surveillance. They realized that it's inevitable there will be digital forms of money. The dollar is already digital. This nightmare has already long started. So there has already been this counter-movement around for long. This proposal of B-Money was written in 1998, and this called Bit Gold in 2005. Satoshi's request to a mailing list for review of his implementation is from 2008. On the forums there is a recent thread from Bitcoin user no 2, which gives great insights into the beginnings. The same forum reaches back to the beginnings as well. There are no secrets out there. Some of the developers are well known from involvements in cryptography (PGP), the Linux kernel or peer-to-peer file sharing networks (**********/eDonkey). Doesn't look like a CIA insider project to me. Some developers prefer to stay anonymous, just like most users on the David Icke forum, and it is their good right. And if you look at Bradley Manning or Aaron Swartz, you understand they have good reasons.

This "TruthNeverTold" guy from these youtube video just spouts unfounded and inaccurate claims. Bitcoin isn't perfect, but its weak points are well known (scalability, volatility, vulnerable exchanges, etc) and will be improved as far as technically possible.
__________________
...: Between the iron gates of fate, the seeds of time were sown :...

Last edited by herzmeister; 27-03-2013 at 07:19 PM.
herzmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 08:31 PM   #20
bendelapidate
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mars
Posts: 1,554
Default

We need honest money that everybody can understand. Bitcoin is another scheme that relies on this ridiculous and unnecessary notion of "mining". There are other ways to have an electronic, distributed currency. The way it's being promoted under the guise of some holy grail of electronic currencies and associated with geeky, open-source types is a smokescreen for its true purpose.
bendelapidate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:39 PM.