Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
elite

Default Bitcoin Crashing

lot of people talking up bitcoin over years but its not exempt from crashing either

down from 50 to 34 TODAY and still going down

remeber it crashed to $2 in 2011

personally I have no faith in it
also hackers have too much say

I can see some benefits but there has to be a better solution in future and personally wouldnt touch this

“My brain is only a receiver. In the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength, inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know it exists.” -Nikola Tesla
elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
h2pogo

Back upto above $40 which is shed loads higer than a feww weeks ago..When some thing goes up %100 in a few month in a straight line a pull back like that is to be expected.

I think it would be stupid to have all you money in bitcoin but think its a great experiment.And best to look at it as an experiment.

I love open source projects no one can controll it.

And its a great form of financial activism, the banks corporations exist because wee give them our energy, using bitcoin is taking that energy away.

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233922

https://twitter.com/silversynergy
h2pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
h2pogo

Imo not financial advice.... now would be a great time to buy.
There are only 10 million bitcoin and 100s of millions/billions of people that buy and sell on line..Its a no brainer.

or sell if you got coin when under $10 as was a few months ago and buy silver.

Silver is cheap too at the mo.

Last edited by h2pogo; 07-03-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #4
h2pogo

In fact its up over %20 in the last three days...Hardly crashing.

http://bitcoinity.org/markets?exchange=mtgox

Old 07-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #5
elshaper

What bad news tanked the value of it so drastically?
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #6
kaiser
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2pogo View Post
Imo not financial advice.... now would be a great time to buy.
There are only 10 million bitcoin and 100s of millions/billions of people that buy and sell on line..Its a no brainer.

or sell if you got coin when under $10 as was a few months ago and buy silver.

Silver is cheap too at the mo.
I agree with you big style, even buying just one bitcoin and putting it away for xx years could make somebody very comfortable indeed. 21 million coins maximum might, just might get shared around xx billion people so go early adopters but dont keep to much money to long in any single wallet!!

Just checked Gox and traidng at £27 which is up £5 on two weeks ago! Looking at th egraph it appears that todays drop was due to a large volume of coins been dumped onto Gox, wether hacked or not I dont know but proves this market reacts like any other ala supply and demand.
Queen Elizabeth II has committed treason signing the EU treatys and Parliament, the courts and the judiciary are also corrupt. The time to bear arms approaches it is your lawfull right people but first we must assemble en masse to seek remedy by peaceful means if possible. The time is now to organise in your locality so do not delay or you and your children will be enslaved in the EU and the NWO dictatorship forever.

Magna Carta to the rescue ___The British constitution (1688) ___UKcolumn.org

Last edited by kaiser; 07-03-2013 at 11:19 AM.
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #7
elite

yeah but the whole point is for it to be stable I thought
jumping all over the place makes it no different from stocks
not my cup of tea

i agree open source digital currency is a great idea and the potential of something similar is great but can be contorted and twisted as it is
criminals and hackers can manipulate

paypal has served me great over the years

now if something like paypal came in, run by citizens with no fees on a bitcoin model with 1 coin/unit linked to avergae of all currencies to make stable that would be a good model
“My brain is only a receiver. In the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength, inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know it exists.” -Nikola Tesla
Old 07-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #8
elite

Quote:
In fact its up over %20 in the last three days...Hardly crashing.

http://bitcoinity.org/markets?exchange=mtgox
so again, some people are making a lot of money, some will lose
it's volatile

gets away from what its meant to be

if you want to make money trading short the dow and ftse as they will crash like a deck of cards soon
Old 07-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #9
kaiser
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite View Post
not my cup of tea

i agree open source digital currency is a great idea and the potential of something similar is great but can be contorted and twisted as it is

now if something like paypal came in, run by citizens with no fees on a bitcoin model with 1 coin/unit linked to avergae of all currencies to make stable that would be a good model
Maybe its vulnerable to fluctuations at present due to the low volume of trading comared to its rivals? More coins and more trades must sure up the bitcoin market and make it less vulnerable to swings?
Queen Elizabeth II has committed treason signing the EU treatys and Parliament, the courts and the judiciary are also corrupt. The time to bear arms approaches it is your lawfull right people but first we must assemble en masse to seek remedy by peaceful means if possible. The time is now to organise in your locality so do not delay or you and your children will be enslaved in the EU and the NWO dictatorship forever.

Magna Carta to the rescue ___The British constitution (1688) ___UKcolumn.org
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #10
elshaper

Quote:
not my cup of tea

Do you think it's possible to make the value stable?
OK, they spread rumours to make its value swing but the value is all about supply 'n' demand normally, is it not?
Old 07-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #11
h2pogo

Quote:
not my cup of tea

Personally i hate corporations and prefere to boycot them..I would also have a currency that increases in value and cant be manipulated by criminals..

Even silver and gold are manipulated by criminals..I have seen no evidence bitcoin can be manipulated, if you come accross any please post it.

What i really dont like though is a currency issued by criminals and make a conscious effort not use if at all possible.

BTW ..Its about the same price now as it was yesterday and double what it was a month ago...I love it

Old 07-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #12
elite

I really like the idea behind it, and has actually been around years
Im seeing some companies accepting for payment now, small ones but hosting companies etc

thing is, problem is the people behind it were good clever people, but quite naive and didn't prob know would get this big
all best sites and domains arent by people behind it, even though open source

when the price crashed to $2 couple years back it was down to hackers, raiding etc

I'm no expert but fluctuations may be down to currency speculators, hackers anything

bitcoin has had a lot of column inches past few weeks and may be that

those keeping for longterm and for purpose was emant for , having a currency source to buy things online if things go tits in other currencies (which they will) and to privately trade without big brother tracking every move will be just fine

either way I hope any david icke forum members holding continue to make good cash from their holdings, so touch wood they climb and climb for you guys

worth keeping an eye on whats going on
Old 07-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #13
h2pogo

Quote:
it's volatile

if you want to make money trading short the dow and ftse as they will crash like a deck of cards soon
I wouldnt dream of trading the dow or ftse..It would be same as dicing with the devil..sucking satans cock.

I never thought it was deseigned for stability..I just thought it was an experiment in alternative currencies that were not issued by central authoritys with no central authoritys control, that were like traditional money ie finite and would hold their value..All the expectations i heard was it would increase in price..
Pull backs are to be expected though and taken advantage of..If it a true free market with true price discvouvery it will bounce back like we are seeing.

Last edited by h2pogo; 07-03-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #14
lu__

It had risen nearly 50% in 4 days previous, I wonder what was going on there.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #15
elshaper

I'm sure we are not the only ones that dream of consumer friendly currency.
Go on son, start the loyal Royston Vasey Bank
Old 07-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #16
hiddensap

If you want to invest why buy pixles?

It is subject to the whims of the government offing the net, hardware and software flaws, hackers ect, wild crashes.

Not that I am advising to buy precous mentals but all you have to deal with there are burglers and market manipulation, the latter which can work in your favour if you have the funds to take avantage of it, if the bitcoin goes it goes, precous metals will always have their value.

If I post incorrect information, please help me with correct information.

Warning: speculative rants do not constitute as facts.

Last edited by hiddensap; 07-03-2013 at 11:43 AM.
hiddensap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #17
h2pogo

Quote:
I really like the idea behind it, and has actually been around years
Im seeing some companies accepting for payment now, small ones but hosting companies etc

thing is, problem is the people behind it were good clever people, but quite naive and didn't prob know would get this big
all best sites and domains arent by people behind it, even though open source

when the price crashed to $2 couple years back it was down to hackers, raiding etc

I'm no expert but fluctuations may be down to currency speculators, hackers anything

bitcoin has had a lot of column inches past few weeks and may be that

those keeping for longterm and for purpose was emant for , having a currency source to buy things online if things go tits in other currencies (which they will) and to privately trade without big brother tracking every move will be just fine

either way I hope any david icke forum members holding continue to make good cash from their holdings, so touch wood they climb and climb for you guys

worth keeping an eye on whats going on
I think when it crashed it was some one left their computer open in an office and had $500000 stolen..As you would expect if you left you wallet in a room full of people with $500000 in it..There is no evidence of this but it made all the mainstream papers and hackers were blamed..but in reality if even true it was plain stupidity...

I Think there have been hacks but if your sensible it can be as safe as you like.

Been selling jewelery on bitmit..Really great site hardly any fees and very easy to use..Great alternative to being ripped by Ebay.

Last edited by h2pogo; 07-03-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #18
elite

Talking

Quote:
I wouldnt dream of trading the dow or ftse..It would be same as dicing with the devil..sucking satans cock.
I agree , but if some people are using it to speculate and increase returns it's essentially same thing
albeit the companies involved aren't raping and pillaging to increase profits, like exxon mobil

as far as sucking the devils cock, laura bush has been doing it for years .....
yes, sucking her father in law's cock
lol

Last edited by elite; 07-03-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #19
majorlee

its all anout the ASIC's
Old 07-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #20
forydalynclwyd

Quote:
it's volatile

The smart money is out of most shares and have probably transferred into defence and construction on a major tip off months ago.

Defence will go sky high as orders come in for the forthcoming "conflict" and construction has been deliberately allowed to free fall for 5 years to allow the smart money to buy in in late 2012-3 for Mid East Reconstruction which will last for years.

But there talking up the markets "highest for 5 years etc" to draw the suckers in before it falls.Usually before the end of the tax year.
forydalynclwyd is offline   Reply With Quote