Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > UFOs / ETs / Anunnaki / Orbs / Crop Circles / Solar System / Space
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 24-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
doobyferkin

Default Linda "Cortile" Napolitano 1989 Manhattan Abductio

I could not find a thread on this topic so decided to add one.

Quote:
An extremely compelling and controversial case of alien abduction is that of Linda Napolitano, (originally aliased as Cortile) which was researched by the well-known and respected Budd Hopkins. Napolitano claimed that she was abducted by the so-called "greys," who floated her from a closed bedroom window into a hovering UFO. The craft was waiting for her above a Manhattan apartment building at about 3:00 A.M. November 30, 1989. Linda's experience, though intriguing, was hampered at first by memory loss. She could recall only bits and pieces of the abduction. She could remember vividly the actual kidnapping and the room where she was examined, but the transportation process itself was totally lost to her. Further details of the case would be forthcoming via the passage of time, other witness statements, and through regressive hypnosis.............

I am surprised this case has not been discussed on this forum already, unless it has and I have not found it.

Those who are new to this story and want to know more then I recommend reading "Witnessed" by Budd Hopkins.

http://www.lindacortilecase.com/index.html
(there is a short interview clip of Linda free to downlaod from the video link)

Last edited by doobyferkin; 24-11-2012 at 04:26 PM.
doobyferkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #2
doobyferkin

Bump to see if anyone on the forum would like to discuss??
Old 02-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #3
manxboz

I remember reading about this when I was young. A very interesting case, a infamous case in the world of abductions and wasn't it one of Hopkins first public cases?

Spellbounds promise to stop posting Webbot predictions
manxboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:40 PM   #4
doobyferkin

Hi manxboz, it was not his first public case as he has written a couple books before this, Intruders being the only other that I have read and this does cover an abduction. The Linda "Cortile" accounts are very interesting and there are still so many unanswered questions. I am surprised that it is not discussed here on the forum.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:23 PM   #5
typenicknamehere

without looking at the link im fairly confident that I remember this one I may have seen it in a tv documentary not necessarily about this story alone , the biggest thing I remember was they either had or didn't have any witness's who remember seeing a craft hovering outside an apartment window....I cannot remember if they interviewed anyone who saw it or interviewed skeptics who claim someone would have seen it if it did actually happen.
typenicknamehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:09 AM   #6
manxboz

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobyferkin View Post
Hi manxboz, it was not his first public case as he has written a couple books before this, Intruders being the only other that I have read and this does cover an abduction. The Linda "Cortile" accounts are very interesting and there are still so many unanswered questions. I am surprised that it is not discussed here on the forum.
Ok, it must be because I always saw this case when anything was written about Hopkins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typenicknamehere View Post
without looking at the link im fairly confident that I remember this one I may have seen it in a tv documentary not necessarily about this story alone , the biggest thing I remember was they either had or didn't have any witness's who remember seeing a craft hovering outside an apartment window....I cannot remember if they interviewed anyone who saw it or interviewed skeptics who claim someone would have seen it if it did actually happen.
Wasn't that the case where they did find one or two completely independent witnesses, who passed polygraph tests and also revealed they saw the craft and Linda under hypnosis?

Spellbounds promise to stop posting Webbot predictions
manxboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:51 AM   #7
doobyferkin

I think you would need to read the book if you want a good insight into this case, there has been a lot of information and disinformation put out there regarding this, where the book is the original public source. My conclusion after reading the book is that it was either a massive scam, and if so Bud Hopkins would have had to be in on it, or most if not all of the accounts are closer to the truth.

In the book there are no names mentioned of the three major witnesses, although the identity of the third "important" witness is implied, who later turned out to be Javier Perez de Cuellar who served as the Secretary-General of the United Nations, while the evidence for this is overwhelming.
Old 30-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #8
hm1972

Default Damn good book!

I found this book absolutely fascinating. However, in order to discuss it properly I will have to read it again! I read it a while ago - so not too sure on details. I know it had such an impact on me that I lent it to my brother with a handwritten note inside naming the UN witness involved as Perez de Cuellar.

(Aside: he didn't read it, his mind is firmly closed to the possibility of anything - despite our own sighting years ago).
Old 30-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #9
doobyferkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hm1972 View Post
I found this book absolutely fascinating. However, in order to discuss it properly I will have to read it again! I read it a while ago - so not too sure on details. I know it had such an impact on me that I lent it to my brother with a handwritten note inside naming the UN witness involved as Perez de Cuellar.

(Aside: he didn't read it, his mind is firmly closed to the possibility of anything - despite our own sighting years ago).
Hi hm, thanks for the response , I been trying to get a discussion going on this for a while, after you have read it again you might want to get back to this thread and share your fresh thoughts, this subject should have a MASSIVE impact on our perception of abductions linked to world affairs if it was to be a "true" account.

Maybe this is one of the reasons that in today’s UFO discussions it is not discussed on the main platforms as it would cause massive ripples if it were pursued and given credibility.
Old 30-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #10
hm1972

I seem to remember one of the last Fortean Times I read contained a large article questioning Hopkins' motives - used to be a good little magazine until it started telling you what to think/believe...!
Old 30-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #11
1ndividua1
Banned

The obvious questions, is why is this case so special, what makes this particular case different to all the others?
1ndividua1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #12
doobyferkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ndividua1 View Post
The obvious questions, is why is this case so special, what makes this particular case different to all the others?
Have you read the book?
Old 30-03-2013, 02:29 PM   #13
1ndividua1
Banned

Quote:
Have you read the book?
No
Old 30-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #14
doobyferkin

Quote:
It would be difficult to understand the implications if you have not read the book thus not viewed the case from the source.

I think what is important about this one is that "ET", according to the "story" may have been demonstrating their abilities to important figures who have a voice within political arenas. ET may have been trying to use their influence onto world politics, in particular the peace talks during near the end of the cold war.

I recommend reading the book if you have any interest in ufo and ET and abduction.

There may be other similar cases, but none, imo as detailed and documented as this.

If you go by what I say or what you have read about it from elsewhere then you will not gain a "true" picture of the events and implications.

If you would like a background without reading the book then this would be the best site to visit....

and then you can form your own opinion.

Last edited by doobyferkin; 30-03-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old 30-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #15
1ndividua1
Banned

Quote:
It would be difficult to understand the implications if you have not read the book thus not viewed the case from the source.

I think what is important about this one is that "ET", according to the "story" may have been demonstrating their abilities to important figures who have a voice within political arenas. ET may have been trying to use their influence onto world politics, in particular the peace talks during near the end of the cold war.

I recommend reading the book if you have any interest in ufo and ET and abduction.

There may be other similar cases, but none, imo as detailed and documented as this.

If you go by what I say or what you have read about it from elsewhere then you will not gain a "true" picture of the events and implications.

If you would like a background without reading the book then this would be the best site to visit....

and then you can form your own opinion.
Thanks for the information doobyferkin, I'll look into it
Old 30-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #16
doobyferkin

Quote:
Thanks for the information doobyferkin, I'll look into it
Your welcome, be nice for an update on what you think about it as you discover more info on this.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #17
hm1972

Thumbs up

Just checking out the website while waiting for the book to arrive
Old 02-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #18
pound

Never heard of this one. Thanks for the links.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #19
doobyferkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pound View Post
Never heard of this one. Thanks for the links.
Your welcome.
Old 16-06-2013, 01:13 AM   #20
hm1972

Thumbs up

Doobyferkin, I am in the middle of reading the book: didn't have my eyes open the first time around. If this is truly what went on, then the ramifications are MASSIVE. Would explain the huge "debunking"/discrediting episode (checked out the website http://http://lindacortilecase.com/)

Mindblowing.