Quote:
Originally Posted by gobsmackedmum View Post
In support of children in real need
Who have been abused and disbelieved
Damaged and fearful
They MUST be heard
And justice MUST be served

Minor rewrite but keep 'em coming!!
2 chars too long for twitter, without an @address.

In this world of short attention spans, we'll also need a soundbite remark that's around 120 chars or less.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #42
cynocephalus

Create a slogan that unites children and adult survivors of abuse in <120 chars and we'll send a really powerful message that can't be ignored.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #43
cynocephalus

Default Britain for Justice

All inclusive, punchy and to the point

Britain for Justice: we say NO to cover-ups and lies
Old 03-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #44
jayhow

Quote:
In support of children in real need
Who have been abused and disbelieved
Damaged and fearful
They MUST be heard
And justice MUST be served

Minor rewrite but keep 'em coming!!
Hi gobsmackedmum am happy to have a go at making a web page if you send me the edited text will get cracking in the morning.
jayhow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #45
jayhow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhow View Post
Hi gobsmackedmum am happy to have a go at making a web page if you send me the edited text will get cracking in the morning.
PM'd you gobsmackedmum, hope you got it?
Old 03-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #46
darlingbudofmay

I don't think it is wise to put our name and address in the cards.
darlingbudofmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #47
jayhow

does anyone know if private messages are working on the DIF right now? I have been having issues connecting to this site since last night and have sent a few PM's but am not sure if ay are actually getting through?
Old 04-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #48
nathan heller

Might be worth including Mr Clifford in this campaign. He may reconsider his "protection" of abusers if he receives a few thousand cards. Does anyone know his office address?
nathan heller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:09 AM   #49
gobsmackedmum

Phew, finally back in!

Thanks for the suggestions. I think the 120 characters limit for a message is a great idea. Makes it far easier for everyone, whether on or offline. Eg to write tweet etc

In line with that we have a very short hashtag that gives max spare characters for @name

But some people may wish to write more in a card. So we need to help with that too, to keep people on message.

Whilst I like the previous example, it doesn't mention child abuse.

Britain for Justice: we say NO to cover-ups and lies

I am going to list a few relevant words (please add yr own) and see where we go..... Grab a few words, add others, be creative. As has been pointed out to me elsewhere, this must be a hard hitting message in minimal words.

Imagine it as a prize slogan competition. The winner gets not a cruise, nor a car, nor s but helps to free our children from this cycle of abuse that has been going on for far too long.

Child
Abuse
Cover-up
Lies
Heal
Listen
Justice
Paedophile
Suspicion
High- profile
Police
Judicial
Court
UK
Wales
Scotland
Ireland
Judgement
Court
Caught
Freedom
gobsmackedmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:22 AM   #50
gobsmackedmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan heller View Post
Might be worth including Mr Clifford in this campaign. He may reconsider his "protection" of abusers if he receives a few thousand cards. Does anyone know his office address?
Let's try one very simple campaign first and see how it goes.

Bbc complaints dept and No 10 first. There is a growing list for further efforts.

We need journalists and MSM on board, celebrities, as well as every person who wants child abuse to end and those who have been involved brought to justice.

Everyone can afford a stamp to protest - make your own card if you are struggling for money but don't make money an excuse to not fight for our children's rights.

The website is nearly there, ready to roll, (thanks to this forum for introducing people who DO as well as talk!), some key players are ready to help this go viral (with press releases for instance), and your support in crafting the key message is now urgent.

We would like people to start sending their cards by Thurs/Friday of this week in order for some (especially the In Sympathy cards) to arrive before Remembrance Sunday (11th - next weekend) and right through Children In Need week.

Please keep bumping this thread. There is every reason for any #DIF contributor, wherever they may be, to send a card to the BBC Complaints Dept and Number 10. If this works in the UK,maybe other countries can pick up the campaign too and focus on those within their country who can help to bring child abusers to justice? Greetings cards are global as is the sentiment behind them.

This could prove to be quite some week, your help and support is much appreciated on behalf of all the children affected by this, wherever they are.

Last edited by gobsmackedmum; 05-11-2012 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 05-11-2012, 01:49 AM   #51
gobsmackedmum

Default Examples?

Just to recap and as a start on The Message

I am restricted technologically right now, pls can someone repost this message with a character count after each msg so we can see how close to 120 characters each is? Thx. Easy way to do this is cut and paste into word and do a word count inc spaces. Even that's is denied to me right now

Edit: counting manually. There is a space after every full stop which can be removed in twitter to reduce character coUnt

In Sympathy cards, example:

Sad that justice for abused children is passed over, hidden. We want their stories heard in public. And convictions. (115 chars)

Age related cards, example:

Children are abused at this age. Disbelieved. Unheard. Driven to despair, destitution, suicide. Justice for victims. NOW. (122)

Other examples:

Remove all D notices from child abuse cases NOW. Whoever the abusers are, they MUST be stopped and punished. And lessons learned. (133)

No-one should be protected from a child abuse allegation or conviction. Protect our children now. Re-open high-level cases and prosecute pls.

The Savile case has opened our eyes. Protect our children. Remove all D notices from abuse related cases and re-investigate pls.

Thousands of abused children need respect, a hearing, and real action NOW. No more cover ups. It is time to imprison the guilty. And for children to begin to heal.

Thousands of lives have been ruined by a few - child abusers. These people, whatever their position in society, must be punished. NOW.

Pls expose the depth of child abuse. Prosecute ALL involved, whoever they may be. Our children are more important than careers, money and power.

Protect our future generation. Expose child abuse of the past. Prosecute and punish ALL involved. No exceptions please.

Last edited by gobsmackedmum; 05-11-2012 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Manually counting characters!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 01:50 AM   #52
illuminumnuts

Lightbulb

Quote:
Someone has suggested Remembrance Sunday as a date. To me, because this is already getting hard to co-ordinate, we should ask people to send their cards to arrive anywhere from 10th/11th to 16th which is the whole of CIN week.
Asking people to post them with a view to arriving between Friday 9th November and Friday 16th November is a good idea. Firstly, Cameron will get some before Remembrance Sunday, which does serve a purpose in my view. How can we as a people go to all the effort of remembering the dead, which of course we should do, while blatantly ignoring child victims enduring a living hell simply because it was someone 'important' who buggered them? He should think about that before prancing around giving speeches and laying wreaths. Secondly, if he gets them all arriving over the course of a week, or more, it will last longer in his conscience I reckon.

Quote:
I think we should ONLY send cards to BBC Complaints and No 10, otherwise the entire campaign will become diluted.
Yes, I agree totally.

Quote:
Not for this campaign anyway!! I don't know the exact law but I'm pretty sure it's tantamount to treason and the whole point of this campaign is to STAY WITHIN THE LAW.
They might try and recruit us then.

It's good see you going for it gobsmackedmum, obviously you are new to all this and I don't mean that rudely, and I hope it has an impact. If we all keep chipping away it does make a difference, even if we don't see it there and then. I would suggesting pming a mod and asking them if this thread can be stickyed in 'Today's News'. It would only be for a fortnight or so and, as the big Savile thread already there is getting a lot of attention, this one might too. Maybe ask for the thread title to be changed as well, so you can get more search engine hits? Something like 'Greeting Cards For Justice. Jimmy Savile Was Not Unique.' would serve the purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrish View Post
Hi, I am sure members here are also members of other forums, so if we can come up with a good starter thread, we can spread this. I like the childrens birthday card idea. What wording inside? maybe something like " D notices on paedophile rings don't protect children, who are they protecting - the perpetrators!"
Yes, everyone should try and spread the word on other forums. It really is key to getting anywhere at all. A good choice of words there you came up with patrish. I think everyone should write their own message from the heart. At the end of the day, we want people to empathise with what we are doing and saying. Things along the lines of 'how would you like it if it was your kids', 'are you sure you aren't ultimately working for paedophiles right now?' or 'elite paedophile rings are still operating as we speak' should have some sort of effect. Hearts and minds, as those lovely CIA chaps are sooooo fond of saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynocephalus View Post
All inclusive, punchy and to the point. Britain for Justice: we say NO to cover-ups and lies.
Or 'Britain for Justice: we say NO to parliamentary paedophile cover-ups and lies.' Just two important words I added in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northern star View Post
The key to any successful campaign in my experience is non-aggression. So a child's birthday card with a considered and caring message about the welfare of children and a desire for justice would be very powerful and garner more sympathy and attention, from the press too perhaps, if there was enough of them, would also be very moving I think, without being too saccharine or cringey. And I agree, over the space of next week leading up to CIN. Great idea about photos of celebs posting their cards, showing they are on board in fighting this.
It's a bit of a fine balancing act, as you have to try and stir people to face up to an uncomfortable reality. It goes without saying that violence, threats and rudeness, it has to be peaceful and legal, are a no no. However, we have to be challenging and some measured, linguistic aggression, in terms of shaking people up, is called for.

Quote:
I would also be willing to get some flyers printed up with details of the campaign and website and hand them out in my local high street next week to try and reach as many people as possible.
I know that 'they' hate people handing out decent flyers in busy high streets. Right in the face of a sleepwalking sheepon who might actually take it home and look at it.

Quote:
does anyone know if private messages are working on the DIF right now? I have been having issues connecting to this site since last night and have sent a few PM's but am not sure if ay are actually getting through?
Did you check your 'sent items' folder? If it's there, then it's very likely it got through ok. I_am would be the one to ask if in doubt.
Are you selling out your own sons, daughters, nephews and nieces? Good job! Bellboy!

Last edited by illuminumnuts; 05-11-2012 at 05:27 AM.
illuminumnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:58 AM   #53
gobsmackedmum

There are many ways to reduce character count on Twitter for brevity.

For those more interested in a short, pithy message to write in a card, feel free to expand pls to please, any1 to anyone etc to make more sense and to prove this country has not descended into text-speak rather than well written English!!
Old 05-11-2012, 05:04 AM   #54
gobsmackedmum

The welfare of our children is paramount. Lift the D notices. Re-open child abuse cases. And prosecute the guilty. (124 with spaces after full stops)
Old 05-11-2012, 05:36 AM   #55
gobsmackedmum

Default Fliers

Horrified by the recent child abuse news? Act now.

One simple action by you could help change children's lives.

We know TOO MANY children in this country have been abused.

We know TOO FEW paedophiles have been prosecuted and punished.

It is time to listen to the children, re-open closed child abuse cases, lift reporting restrictions, be told the names of those charged, (however rich and powerful), and see justice done.

ALL of those responsible for the pain, suffering and abuse of children, past and present MUST face justice.

All you need to do to help make this happen is send a greeting card to Number 10 Downing Street and/or the BBC Complaints department before November 16th 2012

Buy, or make, an In Sympathy (for the loss of justice for child abuse victims) or a children's birthday card (for the loss of innocence of child abuse victims) and post it to arrive before Remembrance Sunday (11th November) or during Children in Need week (12th -16th November), write your message inside, and send to

David Cameron, Number 10, Downing Street, London, SW1A 2AA
BBC Complaints, PO Box 1922, Darlington, DL3 0UR

This is your chance to demonstrate how you feel about child abuse to those in charge of our country and the publicly-funded broadcaster.

Tell your friends, neighbours, family, colleagues, schools, celebrities you follow, even strangers in the street to join the Greeting Cards for Justice campaign. It is simple, easy, cheap, legal and vital for our children, to put an end to this horrendous abuse.

Take a photo of your message or card and post online to show your support using #xxxx

Please do not swear, name names, rant or break the law in any way. This is a non-violent, peaceful direct action that we would like everyone to support, including the children we wish to protect in the future.

For more info, see www.tobeannouncedshortly.com - we will release the URL and hash tag in the next 72 hours so hold off on printing fliers to hand out till then please!!

Comments? Too long?
Old 05-11-2012, 05:42 AM   #56
gobsmackedmum

Default BBC complaints

I can't help wondering why the hell the BBC complaints department is po box 1922?

After all, the 1922 committee is Tory. And Darlington is hardly a hotbed of PO Box users. Aside from the Rocket and Orange, it's hardly the obvious choice for the BBC to hunker down.

Can anyone shed any light on this please?? Or is it time to ring the BBC *again* and ask awkward questions?!!
Old 05-11-2012, 05:52 AM   #57
northern star

Great work GSM and everyone, think its nearly there. We just need a catchy slogan, maybe even a logo to counteract the massive hypocritical children in need campaign with their Pedo Bear motif. Remembrance Sunday should be about the living who are suffering at the hands of these people, as well as the dead. We need our own poppy to reclaim LIVING childrens rights.

Putting names in cards should be optional, the beauty of this is a show of solidarity for everyone, without fear. Could be a bit like when Diana died, all the flowers at the gate was impressive, a powerful message to the dead-hearted royals. This could be like that except it could actually have a lasting effect and be part of this massive seachange.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:29 AM   #58
gobsmackedmum

Thanks Northern Star.

I hope our optimism in the potential success of this campaign bears fruit.

I was thinking about a logo, but would hate to use a poppy as Remembrance Sunday has its own significance to so many. Nor a ribbon. I have become even more concerned about logos, sigils, symbols etc since entering #dif a fortnight ago.

But maybe a mini envelope with a stamp drawn on worn as a pin or a brooch? Easy enough to make IRL and we could make it a very simple addition to any avatar if we add a gif to the site for people to copy and paste to show their support? And I am unaware of it having any further significance but am ready to be proved wrong. Have learnt anything is possible now.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #59
princessofwands

How about Get Well Cards too (ties in with children in need, and children in hospital beds).

"Patient UK is sick with a dark virus that is making us all ill. This needs swift and effective medicine".

Will the website be accessible by anyone? Some sites (eg twitter) need you to be signed up.

Last edited by princessofwands; 05-11-2012 at 08:55 AM.
princessofwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #60
signalnorth

Default Stephen Messham abuse case

What about a '13 today' birthday card with the message

'This was the age that Stephen Messham was when first abused by a leading Tory in a Childrens Home in North Wales. What are YOU doing now and what are personally going to do in the future , to stop this abuse continuing in the uk in 2012?.'
Government is rather like sex abuse - You might get the odd bag of sweeties, but you're still being rodgered against your will, left to mop up the mess and told to keep your stupid little mouth shut. http://cardsforjustice.wordpress.com/

Last edited by signalnorth; 05-11-2012 at 09:33 AM.
signalnorth is offline   Reply With Quote