Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
gobsmackedmum

Default Greeting Cards for Justice

Over in the ever-increasing Savile thread, we were talking about how to open eyes and minds with something simple and legal that appealed to the masses.

From putting up independent candidates in elections to a None of the Above campaign we arrived at sending greetings cards to the "great and good" (splutter!) with a simple message about child abuse, rape, murder of children in snuff movies, paedophilia, ephebophilia, cover ups etc etc

P 525 http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...ostcount=10485

(none of the above etc discussion was earlier in the thread - jayhow etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobsmackedmum View Post
....Years ago, the Greenham women, CND, Quakers etc started a devastatingly simple campaign against the nuclear policy and it snowballed. Everyone was asked to send a Mothers Day card to Thatcher to remind her she was a parent too and to think of the children. Every single card has to be opened and listed in "today's post" in no. 10. As a non violent, direct protest it opened a few eyes in the ivory towers to the level of protest to the policies.

We need something along those lines. Captures hearts and minds en masse - we are ALL either a parent or (once) a child. We can therefore ALL relate to e message that children must be protected from WHOMSOEVER attempts to abuse, no matters how rich, powerful, "important"' etc. And that whilst we are willing to begin with one non violent protest, this could escalate from a single protest unless appropriate action is taken.

Then, you move onto local and national election level by telling all local candidates that they will not be voted in - at parish, district, county or national level - unless they show EXACTLY what they are doing to prevent child abuse, rape, murder, paedophilia and ephebophilia from occurring in this country.

Just my 2p!!

This led into Patrish saying:

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrish View Post
Hi, Great thread.

I was thinking about a greeting card protest that was mentioned earlier.

We could send leaving cards with a message that says " you will be leaving if this paedo ring is not fully outed"

Or Get Well soon cards, with a note saying how sick UK society is with paedo cover ups and D- notices.

Or deepest sympathy card saying so sad at the passing of justice for the victims of paedos

Or Good Luck card saying good luck on the cover up

Just a thought

Patrish
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post
Good idea. I'd be up for that.....

Better still if all could sellotape even just ten pence to the card, with a message saying "put this towards your leaving present" or something like that. Would they then not have to return any cash, so the impact on receiving a load of cards (and then actually having to respond to them or do something more) would be more inconvenient for them than just receiving a card? And would they have to also then report any monies received?

So, that's the beginning of the plan. It's legal, easy to do for anyone, cheap, and if co-ordinated to a single recipient each time around specific dates, then it could be effective in showing the politicos the strength of feeling around this one issue alone.

Last edited by gobsmackedmum; 03-11-2012 at 12:02 AM.
gobsmackedmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
signalnorth

Quote:
Over in the ever-increasing Savile thread, we were talking about how to open eyes and minds with something simple and legal that appealed to the masses.

From putting up independent candidates in elections to a None of the Above campaign we arrived at sending greetings cards to the "great and good" (splutter!) with a simple message about child abuse, rape, murder of children in snuff movies, paedophilia, ephebophilia, cover ups etc etc

P 525 http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...ostcount=10485

(none of the above etc discussion was earlier in the thread - jayhow etc)

This led into Patrish saying:

So, that's the beginning of the plan. It's legal, easy to do for anyone, cheap, and if co-ordinated to a single recipient each time around specific dates, then it could be effective in showing the politicos the strength of feeling around this one issue alone.
Bloody Genius is that!
Government is rather like sex abuse - You might get the odd bag of sweeties, but you're still being rodgered against your will, left to mop up the mess and told to keep your stupid little mouth shut. http://cardsforjustice.wordpress.com/

signalnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #3
darlingbudofmay

Who do you want to start with?
darlingbudofmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
jayhow

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlingbudofmay View Post
Who do you want to start with?
I think we should begin at the top and work our way outwards like a spiders web. I have a PDF of all the cabinet ministers office and parliamentary addresses that I will post up later when I get home. We should target one per week, with a co-ordinated message agreed upon here. Ideas for the weekly message greatly welcome. We should focus on cabinet ministers and ministers with special responsibilities in education, child welfare, NHS, media and justice. Lets bombard them and keep up the pressure so they know we won't let this drop!
jayhow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #5
gobsmackedmum

Well, I guess it depends on the date we choose. Need time for it to go viral (optimism is always a good trait, I feel!) but not too far away that people forget to do it.

Nov 5th is an obvious one except there's a Sunday in the middle and you know the postal system in this country on a good day!

I was just going to start googling whether there are any "International Day of ....." coming up.

The other really obvious one is to go for Children in Need week and hammer the PM (OUR children are in need - what are YOU doing to protect them?) etc
Old 02-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #6
gobsmackedmum

Just looking and think if we word it correctly, we can get a FOI request in to Number 10 asking how many Cards have been received. Sadly, CEOP (a really obvious target for cards and info) is exempt from FOI but I still think they should be on the list
Old 02-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #7
gobsmackedmum

On sending them to ministers, etc, there's is a protocol for getting things straight to ministers which could prove to be very helpful for us in making this snowball.

To get anything in front of a Minister and know it has been seen, you send it to your MP and ask that it is brought to the attention of said Minister. The MP has to do as you ask and get a reply. And you can keep going back to your MP with further questions for the Minister if you don't think you got the info you require.

We can play this really cannily and hit loads of MPs. two for the price of one card!

Last edited by gobsmackedmum; 02-11-2012 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Typos n two for one comment!
Old 02-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #8
jayhow

Smile

Quote:
On sending them to ministers, etc, there's is a protocol for getting things straight to ministers which could prove to be very helpful for us in making this snowball.

To get anything in front of a Minister and know it has been seen, you send it to your MP and ask that it is brought to the attention of said Minister. The MP has to do as you ask and get a reply. And you can keep going back to your MP with further questions for the Minister if you don't think you got the info you require.

We can play this really cannily and hit loads of MPs. two for the price of one card!
Excellent piece of info so we hit the local MP's asking the each week to bring our messages to the attention of a selected minister. This way not only will we make the local MP work for their money but will they will also be obliged to pass it on and get a response. Genius! Regarding the date for the first card, I reckon children in need week is an excellent time to start. When is that btw? Also if we can get this out to other forums and try and get them onboard it will reach more people.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #9
dopey
Inactive

I have reservations on bombarding individual MP's on a weekly basis, and for two reasons.

One - I'm not sure it would fall under "legal". Only two instances of "harassment" are required under the Protection from Harassment Act. Do we really want to give them a reason to send the cops round to give people a warning if they were so inclined?

Two - I think the odds are much better in terms of getting a LOT of people to do this if they only have to do it once. Ask people to do it weekly for several weeks and people won't be arsed with it. They may bother, if they only have to do it once.
dopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #10
gobsmackedmum

The CIN Appeal show is on 16th Nov.

We need a website I reckon, dead simple, single page, twitter account for next person's address etc and prob an email list so people can be told who next and where if they don't have Twitter.

List so far:

PM
BBC Complaints Dept ( think we should hit both of the above during CIN)
DCMS
Ministers - full list needed

Who else?
Old 02-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #11
gobsmackedmum

Quote:
I have reservations on bombarding individual MP's on a weekly basis, and for two reasons.

One - I'm not sure it would fall under "legal". Only two instances of "harassment" are required under the Protection from Harassment Act. Do we really want to give them a reason to send the cops round to give people a warning if they were so inclined?

Two - I think the odds are much better in terms of getting a LOT of people to do this if they only have to do it once. Ask people to do it weekly for several weeks and people won't be arsed with it. They may bother, if they only have to do it once.
MP is only needed to ensure you reach a minister.

But I agree on the frequency, let's go for a one-off hit of Cameron and BBC Complaints dept (they have to log all feedback) during CIN week. See how that goes first. Short, sweet and done!
Old 02-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #12
shakerr

Quote:
MP is only needed to ensure you reach a minister.

But I agree on the frequency, let's go for a one-off hit of Cameron and BBC Complaints dept (they have to log all feedback) during CIN week. See how that goes first. Short, sweet and done!
Excellent Idea.
shakerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #13
jayhow

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakerr View Post
Excellent Idea.
Am cool with that! Lets hit them during CIN week and then see what happens!
Old 02-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #14
dopey
Inactive

So what type of "greetings" card are we going to go for? I think it would be effective to all go for the same theme.

I'm liking the Sympathy card idea the most I think...or a Get Well Soon/Sorry to Hear you're Sick one.

And we need an uniform message to put inside it so people don't have to think.
dopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #15
jayhow

Quote:
So what type of "greetings" card are we going to go for? I think it would be effective to all go for the same theme.

I'm liking the Sympathy card idea the most I think...or a Get Well Soon/Sorry to Hear you're Sick one.

Sorry to hear your sick would be a good one a uniform message as well, it has to be the same message from all so that they know this is co-ordinated effort!

Below is a link where you can download a copy of all the contacts for cabinet ministers and Ministers with their full job titles, roles and responsibilities. I did try and post the document directly here but its too big!

Like I said before, let's concentrate on Education, NHS, Media and Justice Ministers, Cabinet and of course PM's office.

Also, thinking about it, I don't thinking sending a series of cards one week apart could be classed as harassment but am happy to go along with what most people feel would be the most effective tactic.

http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/reso...sponsibilities
Old 02-11-2012, 11:44 PM   #16
gobsmackedmum

Quote:

Sympathy has my vote, although love the idea of a Sorry you are sick card!!

Does anyone know anyone in Hallmark or Moonpig? Actually how hard is it to set up a card company ourselves that sells the card online, prints and distributes it? One click campaigning.

Flog them at 1.50, employ some single mums/long term unemployed (who can't beat the system to get work/benefits) to write them and post them.

Put any spare change from the exercise into a decent charidee- is there one??? Or better yet, spend on beer/wine/lime juice for all.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:50 PM   #17
ceej

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakerr View Post
Excellent Idea.
gobsmackedmum, THANK YOU for getting this together. What a superstar!

Can you lease post clear bullet point campaign info and instructions - so that we can print out and give to those who haven't been following the thread but who may be very sympathetic.

Also people, please don't forget that the Protection From Harassment Act 1997 has been used almost as much to stop (mostly) individuals' similar valid campaigns as it has been used for its original purpose. So please take care.
ceej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:10 AM   #18
gobsmackedmum

hope Icke has some good hackers on board, looks like the database for the site is being scraped /ddos attack. (unless this is normal here on #DIF)

If you use the same password as you do here for ANY other site, go and change it on the other site ASAP would be my advice.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:35 AM   #19
gobsmackedmum

First attempt at bullets - just read it and realised how long it is!! Needs editing so it is short, sharp and punchy. Or we have two versions with one including more info, links etc to those who are seeking help, info etc.

WHY should we act?

For many of us, only a few weeks ago, the idea that a well-connected children's programme presenter and charity "worker", with seemingly unrestricted access to the most vulnerable, injured and needy in our community, could have been a child abuser (and possibly worse)' would have been unthinkable.

Yet, we are now all realising that it is likely that Jimmy Savile was indeed one of the worst serial predatory child abusers ever to be exposed in this country. It also seems that he may be just the tip of the iceberg.

We have all been children; many of us are parents. The horror of what victims of child abuse face is all of our worst nightmares rolled into one.

That is why we propose each of us takes action. None of us want for this to happen any longer. To ANY child.

There have been too many recent implications of cover ups about child abuse; not just here, but abroad too. Perhaps we have been deaf previously, but the Savile story has only been the beginning.

For many with access to the Internet, further distressing information and allegations have come thick and fast, with daily announcements that more is to come. That more people, many in positions of power, are yet to be disclosed as child abusers, rapists, and likely worse. That laws are being proposed or are now in place that may reduce rther than increase protection for children and families.

Many of us have now had to rethink what we believe about celebrities, stars, MPs, lawyers, judges, police, charity organisers, priests, care home workers, and many more as this story (and other similar tales of abuse in care homes, police cover ups etc) have unfolded before our disbelieving and horrified eyes. Who should we now trust?

Confirmations of cover ups have emerged elsewhere too; most notably, the Hillsborough tragedy. It is a relief for the families to be vindicated that they were indeed telling the truth all along.

Other families and individuals are not so lucky. There are increasingly desperate stories emerging of secret family courts, children taken from loving and caring parents, unsolved child abductions, and sadly many, many stories which leave us distraught, confused, bewildered, angry, and determined to stop the rot and protect our children from any further harm.

What can you do?

Join with us to appeal for the truth about child abuse to be exposed. No more hiding behind lawyers or celebrity or money or power. We want those responsible for abusing our children brought to justice.

We do not wish for anyone to sink to the depths of law breaking which currently seems rife in our society. We do not want anyone to be hurt. We don't want protests, in the streets or anywhere else. We need to take non-violent direct action in such a way that all of our voices together cannot be ignored or brushed under the carpet.

It is very easy, and cheap. All you need to do is send an In Sympathy greetings card with [the following message] to one, or both, of the addresses below.

When?

We have decided that the most appropriate time for the influx of greetings card from all across the UK (and abroad for anyone else concerned about this heinous problem) is during Children in Need week, preferably aiming for cards to arrive on 16th November which is the date of the televised appeal.

Who do you send your card(s) to?

We believe that the BBC, as the organisation to whom the British populace pays a TV licence:
* has a duty of care to the public
* has historically been seen as a source for trusted investigative journalism
* is one of those organisations named in the Savile allegations
* as the organiser of the Children In Need appeal
is one deserving recipient of these cards. Via the BBC Complaints department.

The other is The Prime Minister at Number 10 Downing Street.

if you can send two cards, one to each address, please do.

BBC Complaints Department
PO Box 1922
Darlington
DL3 0UR

David Cameron
10 Downing Street
London
SW1A 2AA

How will you make a difference?

Both the BBC Complaints department and Number 10 have to open all these cards. Both organisations are required to log all correspondence. By the simple action of sending a greetings card, your feelings about child abuse will be noticed. Whether the avalanche of cards will change policy, (either broadcasting or political) is unknown; but you will know that for less than 2 and a trip to the letter box, you have taken direct action. You will have stated to this Government and our national publicly-funded broadcaster that you care what is happening to our children and that you want it investigated so that those responsible are dealt with by the justice system. And that the people of this country want an end to child abuse.

By telling everyone in your network- family, friends, neighbours, colleagues, even strangers on the bus - to join in this peaceful action, we can ensure that the strength of feeling on this issue cannot be ignored.

Comments please?

Last edited by gobsmackedmum; 03-11-2012 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Added postal addresses
Old 03-11-2012, 02:52 AM   #20
gobsmackedmum

Let's make it really interactive too and gather "proof".

Just snap a quick pic on your phone or camera as you put the card in the letter box and send the image to the Twitter account [@summatorother] or post it on here [wherever that is!]. All that needs to be showing is the address and that great British institution - the red letter box! And don't forget to tell your friends how easy, quick and cheap it is to PROTECT OUR CHILDREN.