Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 18-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
princessofwands

Default Is the galactic "dust cloud" now here?

More and more stories about meteors and yet another one from spaceweather.com this morning -

"BAY AREA FIREBALL: Last night, Oct. 17th, many people near San Francisco saw a slow-moving fireball exploding in the sky around 07:45 pm PDT. Witnesses report bright flashes of light and sonic booms that shook houses. Using a wide-field camera, Wes Jones caught the meteor disappearing behind the trees in the city of Belmont:

(see pic on spaceweather.com)

"We don't know yet if the end point [of the meteor's flight] was over land or water," says meteor expert Peter Jenniskens of the NASA Ames Research Center. Jenniskens operates a network of Cameras for All-sky Meteor Surveillance (CAMS) near the Bay Area. "Data from the CAMS system should give us an answer [about landfall]. We're analyzing the data now." Stay tuned.

Note: Although Earth is nearing a stream of debris from Halley's Comet, source of the Orionid meteor shower, this fireball was probably not an Orionid. The timing and direction of the meteor do not seem to match the Orionids."

I found a discussion on the glp forum that talks about how we can expect a bombardment of particles from the cosmos entering our solar system -

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...sage520431/pg4

It contains this interesting article from 2003, supposedly from space.com, but apparently no longer available on their site -

Defenses Down, Galactic Dust Storm Hits Solar System

By Robert Roy Britt, Senior Science Writer
posted: 06:33 am ET, 14 August 2003

Our solar system's natural defenses are down and a vigorous cosmic dust storm is blowing through, according to a new study. The forecast calls for a prolonged and increasing blizzard of small interstellar bits.

While no serious consequences are expected, the extra dust could slightly alter our night sky and might pose an increased risk to spacecraft, which are vulnerable to high-speed impacts from the tiny particles.

The whole scenario is also a vivid reminder that there is no such thing as empty space.

The number of incoming particles recently tripled and the pace is expected to grow over the next decade. Terrestrial weather and climate will not likely be affected, but more shooting stars could grace the night sky, said the study's leader, Markus Landgraf of the European Space Agency (ESA).

The fresh influx is related to a periodic weakening of the Sun's magnetic field.

The discovery was made using data from ESA's Ulysses spacecraft, which orbits the Sun on a noncircular path between Earth and Jupiter and his been monitoring the situation since 1992. The probe detects small particles and, based on direction, mass and speed, figures out which ones came from outside the solar system.

Threefold increase

The number of interstellar dust grains increased from four per day, per meter in 1997 to 12 per day in 2000, Landgraf said. The results were announced earlier this month. He expects the rate to stay constant until 2005, and then increase by another factor of 3 prior to 2013.

The potential effects are not well known, according to Landgraf and his colleagues at the Max-Planck-Institute.

"Generally interstellar dust is not considered a problem, as it does not penetrate typical spacecraft structures," Landgraf explained in an e-mail interview. "However, due to the high impact velocity, sensitive high-voltage instruments can suffer a short circuit after an exceptionally big impact. Also, sensitive optical instruments have to worry about the erosion of polished surfaces."

Most interstellar grains are just one-hundredth the diameter of a human hair. But they move fast, roughly 58,160 mph (26 kilometers per second) relative to the Sun.

Secondary effects

Any notable effects on Earth will likely involve secondary processes. When interstellar dust hits comets and asteroids, it's like shooting a tiny bullet at a rock, and more dust is kicked up, and the follow-on dust tends to be bigger.

More interstellar dust means more dust generated in-house.

"This has a number of potential effects," Landgraf said, cautioning that they haven't been observed yet, however.

One possibility is an increased number of sporadic meteors, those not associated with known showers like the summer Perseids or the November Leonids. Meteors are created when something vaporizes in Earth's atmosphere. Space rocks as big as peas and baseballs crash through now and then, but most shooting stars are made of mere dust.

It's also possible, Landgraf said, that the eerie Zodiacal Light -- a "false dawn" caused by sunlight reflecting off space dust -- will be enhanced.

And in general, more material might rain down to Earth from space every year.

Astronomers armed with huge telescopes will be interested to see if increased secondary dust brightens the Kuiper Belt, a region of frozen rocks and dust beyond Neptune. "With the brighter dust, especially infrared space telescopes will have a harder time to see faint objects behind the dust," Landgraf said.

Among other tasks, infrared telescopes on the ground and in space are used to study dust around other stars.

The solar system is always plowing through interstellar material. The Sun's giant magnetic field thwarts much of the dust from entering the solar system. But the magnetic field weakens periodically, on a cycle that lasts roughly 22-years. The cycle is related to an 11-year cycle of sunspot activity.

This is the first of the related dust storms that has been seriously monitored by a spacecraft.

Some day, the influx could get worse. The solar system is plowing toward the fringes of a galactic cloud known as the G-cloud.

"The time of the entry into the G-cloud is unknown, but is expected to occur any time in the next 10,000 years," Landgraf said. "There will be a constant increase [in dust rates], because the G-cloud is more dense than the local interstellar cloud that is now surrounding our Sun".

Our solar magnetic field is now in a weakened state - our shields are down - and we are at the mercy of incoming rocks.

It reminds me there was a story, probably last year, about FEMA running an emergency preparedness drill and when asked what the emergency might be, they replied "things falling from the sky".

Last edited by princessofwands; 18-10-2012 at 12:59 PM.
princessofwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
princessofwands

Exclamation Now they are closer than I thought!

Last night I dreamed jet planes were flying too low over my house and suddenly one came right for us and I didn't get out of the window in time...

So I woke up with my body streaming with adrenalin. I was awake for quite a while and it was still dark. I thought to myself, "well that'll teach me to write about things falling from the sky!"

Today my hubby said he was woken by a very loud bang at 4.45am this morning. Since we sleep in our loft, I know there is definitely not a plane embedded in my roof!

Then I saw this story about a probable meteor over Devon and Cornwall at 4pm yesterday. Did anyone in this area see or hear something?

"Neil Shaw
This is Plymouth
Fri, 19 Oct 2012 04:02 CDT

Police in Devon were inundated with calls after a loud bang shook the earth and left people frightened just after 4pm on Thursday.

Police say they initially thought there had been a mini-earthquake, but calls to the British Geological Survey proved that wasn't the case.

The BGS suggested it was more likely to have been the sonic boom caused by a meteor passing through the earth's atmosphere.

A police spokesman said: "We received a number of calls just after 4pm on Thursday from people reporting a loud bang and shaking.

"There were reports of crockery shaking and similar disturbance.

"According to the BGS it is likely to have been caused by a meteor sonic boom."

According to the BBC, doors were blown open at a police station in South Devon.

Sophy in South Devon tweeted: "Did anyone else here the massive bang about an hour ago?...Such a loud bang tho to be heard by everyone in lots of places."

lucy chubb tweeted: "Anyone else hear the massive bang in Newton :/"

Joe Fawcett tweeted: "I swear we just had a mini earthquake??"

Keran Fletcher tweeted: "Either a small earthquake or they're blowing **** up at the quarry."

Robynnn tweeted: "Earthquake tremor things in cornwall!"

Jonty Parsons tweeted: "Anybody with some conclusive evidence on what that bang was?"

Emily tweeted: "Turns out things do happen in the south west. We had a 'sonic boom' earlier"

A meteor is the visible path of an object originating in space passing through the earth's atmosphere.

Objects which survive collision with the earth are meteorites."
Old 19-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #3
busa

Hi,

Dust cloud? the cosmic wave? the black hole ejection? the tail from Nibiru ?....

Something is happening for certain.

There are inherent human responses that strive to perpetuate the illusion of normality, long after the point of no return.
busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
mishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessofwands View Post
Last night I dreamed jet planes were flying too low over my house and suddenly one came right for us and I didn't get out of the window in time...

So I woke up with my body streaming with adrenalin. I was awake for quite a while and it was still dark. I thought to myself, "well that'll teach me to write about things falling from the sky!"

Today my hubby said he was woken by a very loud bang at 4.45am this morning. Since we sleep in our loft, I know there is definitely not a plane embedded in my roof!

Then I saw this story about a probable meteor over Devon and Cornwall at 4pm yesterday. Did anyone in this area see or hear something?

"Neil Shaw
This is Plymouth
Fri, 19 Oct 2012 04:02 CDT

Police in Devon were inundated with calls after a loud bang shook the earth and left people frightened just after 4pm on Thursday.

Police say they initially thought there had been a mini-earthquake, but calls to the British Geological Survey proved that wasn't the case.

The BGS suggested it was more likely to have been the sonic boom caused by a meteor passing through the earth's atmosphere.

A police spokesman said: "We received a number of calls just after 4pm on Thursday from people reporting a loud bang and shaking.

"There were reports of crockery shaking and similar disturbance.

"According to the BGS it is likely to have been caused by a meteor sonic boom."

According to the BBC, doors were blown open at a police station in South Devon.

Sophy in South Devon tweeted: "Did anyone else here the massive bang about an hour ago?...Such a loud bang tho to be heard by everyone in lots of places."

lucy chubb tweeted: "Anyone else hear the massive bang in Newton :/"

Joe Fawcett tweeted: "I swear we just had a mini earthquake??"

Keran Fletcher tweeted: "Either a small earthquake or they're blowing **** up at the quarry."

Robynnn tweeted: "Earthquake tremor things in cornwall!"

Jonty Parsons tweeted: "Anybody with some conclusive evidence on what that bang was?"

Emily tweeted: "Turns out things do happen in the south west. We had a 'sonic boom' earlier"

A meteor is the visible path of an object originating in space passing through the earth's atmosphere.

Objects which survive collision with the earth are meteorites."
Was just looking to see if anyone had mentioned this. Just seen it on the bbc /spit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20000877

Any members down that way see or hear anything?
Old 25-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
princessofwands

Default Our shields are down

Solar and cosmic rays will also be arriving in greater amounts, "plasmifying" our atmosphere. That is why we're seeing more of the noctilucent clouds and why technology is going wrong. This new energy is disrupting our "electricals".

Magnetosphere Behaves Like a Sieve

ScienceDaily (Oct. 24, 2012) — ESA's quartet of satellites studying Earth's magnetosphere, Cluster, has discovered that our protective magnetic bubble lets the solar wind in under a wider range of conditions than previously believed.

Earth's magnetic field is our planet's first line of defence against the bombardment of the solar wind. This stream of plasma is launched by the Sun and travels across the Solar System, carrying its own magnetic field with it.

Depending on how the solar wind's interplanetary magnetic field -- IMF -- is aligned with Earth's magnetic field, different phenomena can arise in Earth's immediate environment.

One well-known process is magnetic reconnection, where magnetic field lines pointing in opposite directions spontaneously break and reconnect with other nearby field lines. This redirects their plasma load into the magnetosphere, opening the door to the solar wind and allowing it to reach Earth.

Under certain circumstances this can drive 'space weather', generating spectacular aurorae, interrupting GPS signals and affecting terrestrial power systems.

In 2006, Cluster made the surprising discovery that huge, 40 000 km swirls of plasma along the boundary of the magnetosphere -- the magnetopause -- could allow the solar wind to enter, even when Earth's magnetic field and the IMF are aligned.

These swirls were found at low, equatorial latitudes, where the magnetic fields were most closely aligned.

These giant vortices are driven by a process known as the Kelvin-Helmholtz (KH) effect, which can occur anywhere in nature when two adjacent flows slip past each other at different speeds.

Examples include waves whipped up by wind sliding across the surface of the ocean, or in atmospheric clouds.

Analysis of Cluster data has now found that KH waves can also occur at a wider range of magnetopause locations and when the IMF is arranged in a number of other configurations, providing a mechanism for the continuous transport of the solar wind into Earth's magnetosphere.

"We found that when the interplanetary magnetic field is westward or eastward, magnetopause boundary layers at higher latitude become most subject to KH instabilities, regions quite distant from previous observations of these waves," says Kyoung-Joo Hwang of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center and lead author of the paper published in the Journal of Geophysical Research.

"In fact, it's very hard to imagine a situation where solar wind plasma could not leak into the magnetosphere, since it is not a perfect magnetic bubble."

The findings confirm theoretical predictions and are reproduced by simulations presented by the authors of the new study.

"The solar wind can enter the magnetosphere at different locations and under different magnetic field conditions that we hadn't known about before," says co-author Melvyn Goldstein, also from Goddard Space Flight Center.

"That suggests there is a 'sieve-like' property of the magnetopause in allowing the solar wind to continuously flow into the magnetosphere."

The KH effect is also seen in the magnetospheres of Mercury and Saturn, and the new results suggest that it may provide a possible continuous entry mechanism of solar wind into those planetary magnetospheres, too.

"Cluster's observations of these boundary waves have provided a great advance on our understanding of solar wind -- magnetosphere interactions, which are at the heart of space weather research," says Matt Taylor, ESA's Cluster project scientist.

"In this case, the relatively small separation of the four Cluster satellites as they passed through the high-latitude dayside magnetopause provided a microscopic look at the processes ripping open the magnetopause and allowing particles from the Sun direct entry into the atmosphere."
Old 25-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #6
serpentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by busa View Post
.....Something is happening for certain.

Some music to listen too while it is happening.

serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #7
princessofwands

Thank you Serpentine, very apt!

This is a useful site for following the weirdness now happening on our planet as a result of "changing" weather in space, affecting our little planet and in fact all the planets in the solar system.

http://www.susanrennison.com/News_oftheimbalance.php

According to Richard Fisher, head of NASA’s Heliophysics Division:

"Earth and space are about to come into contact in a way that's new to human history."

I believe we’re on the threshold of a new era in which space weather can be as influential in our daily lives as ordinary terrestrial weather.

We take this very seriously indeed."

Source: As the Sun Awakens, NASA Keeps a Wary Eye on Space Weather
NASA News, 4th June 2010"

Susan comments every week on the "weirdness" that's been reported in the media and what she makes of it all, in a physical and metaphysical sense. Scroll down her page a little to get to the week's events.
Old 25-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #8
busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentine View Post

Some music to listen too while it is happening.

Man - Something Is Happening - YouTube
A bit too "lift music" for me.

How about these two? I love these...

http://youtu.be/5BmEGm-mraE

http://youtu.be/1yw1Tgj9-VU

There are inherent human responses that strive to perpetuate the illusion of normality, long after the point of no return.
Old 25-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #9
busa

On this very subject,
Has anyone read the science fiction book "Radix" by A.A. Attanasio?
ISBN reference: 0-340-61840-X

Inside:

"For LIGHTWORKERS across time and space"

Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radix_(novel)

It is an amazing and beautiful book thatdoes open up your mind.

Last edited by busa; 25-10-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old 25-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #10
princessofwands

Quote:
Originally Posted by busa View Post
A bit too "lift music" for me.

How about these two? I love these...

http://youtu.be/5BmEGm-mraE

http://youtu.be/1yw1Tgj9-VU
thanks for contributing Busa! the first song has just the right lyrics and the second some very cool visuals.

This is the right wiki link for that book. It does look interesting. I will see if they have it on Amazon uk.

Edit- yes it's on Amazon but a little expensive so I will go on a hunt in the charity book shops.

I liked this, from somebody's review of it -

Touching on concepts of evolutionary mental development the "Eth" has the ability to wish realities into being using the power within a galactic "psynergy".

I hope this is the kind of thing the new galactic energies are going to bring us.

They are already bringing us LIGHT shining into very dark places.

They will bring LIGHT into every one of our atoms, every corner of our consciousness.

Some people will go a bit crazy with the revealing, and the unravelling of all things that were tightly shut-down or concealed.

But it will all be good for our awakening to our cosmic Self.

Last edited by princessofwands; 25-10-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 25-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #11
busa

Quote:
thanks for contributing Busa! the first song has just the right lyrics and the second some very cool visuals.

This is the right wiki link for that book. It does look interesting. I will see if they have it on Amazon uk.

Love the Credence boys song, could play that all day

Radix really sucks you in ! Total absorption.

Old 02-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #12
princessofwands

Default Meteors falling on the US west coast

A new spate of meteor/fireball reports down the west coast of the US

Did anyone see anything? They say it isn't part of the usual Taurid shower.

http://www.sott.net/category/17-Fire-in-the-Sky
Old 02-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #13
dolores1
Sin bin - Time Out

I think we are travelling through a photon cloud at present. I know other members who follow astronomy have great info on this.

D.
dolores1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #14
ufochick

I highly recommend this 3 hour lecture for information on what is going on in space. It's a bit boring because she has to talk slowly since her audience is not english speaking but you can pull up all the charts she is using while she talks.
She uses all the most up to date science, well worth the time.

http://collegerama.tudelft.nl/Medias...a28ac0c7d1e61d
Old 02-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #15
princessofwands

Thank you Ufochick, I'm sure there's nothing on the telly tonight anyway!
I will give it a go.

Strange things are going on in space and we're only being told in dribs and drabs and you have to piece them together to get "the story".

If there is something *coming* then its arrival could eclipse any of the human or earthly dramas currently being played out on this planet.

If it is something metaphysical and it takes us to a different/better place, then I and many people will be very grateful.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #16
princessofwands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufochick View Post
I highly recommend this 3 hour lecture for information on what is going on in space. It's a bit boring because she has to talk slowly since her audience is not english speaking but you can pull up all the charts she is using while she talks.
She uses all the most up to date science, well worth the time.

http://collegerama.tudelft.nl/Medias...a28ac0c7d1e61d
I watched the first half of this last night and it's a very good resume of some of the strange things that astronomers are noticing, and the weird changes now happening on our planet. This is Susan Joy Rennison speaking, whose website link I posted further up. She talks about the new energies coming from the centre of the galaxy and getting into our earth space because our "shields" are down, basically. She says these energies are going to change our DNA. It makes me wonder if the chemtrails are trying to -

a) protect us - or
b) stop the new energies because they will 'upgrade us' into a new form of human that our other-dimensional controllers don't want us to become.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:48 AM   #17
concordewarrior

Exclamation

Quote:
I found a discussion on the glp forum that talks about how we can expect a bombardment of particles from the cosmos entering our solar system -
[url]http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message520431/pg4[/url
I can't stand GLP and how they ban random IPs
I was banned from their site for no good reason.

GLP STINKS BIG TIME.

concordewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #18
princessofwands

^

I'm sorry you had that experience. It is not a place I go to, or post on. But I found the thread when I was googling. Even a bad forum can have some helpful stuff posted at times.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #19
largejack

About six years ago I saw a flash of blue light in the sky one evening, and about a week later I saw another this time with a huge sonic boom that rocked the windows. It was late in the evening, but I was surprised that nothing was mentioned about it? Can anyone shed any light on what this phenomena might have been?
largejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #20
number_42

This happens every year nothing new.

http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essent...r-shower-guide
number_42 is offline   Reply With Quote