Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
little_miss

Default Why do people say this when someone passes away?

"he/she is up there now looking after you"

ok - I understand why people say that - as someone has passed into the spirit realm and would be able to watch over BUT -

Take this as an example -

A close friend of mine passed away 2 weeks ago. Very suddenly. A month before he passed his grandmother passed, he was told by his family & friends that his grannie was watching over him & looking after him. If so why did he die?

Everyone has a mum/dad/gran/grandfather who has passed, so if everyone has someone "looking after them" then why does bad things still happen to people?

What do they mean when they say that? Do spirits actually have the ability to effect the living?

Sorry if this isn't making much sense. Its a question that i've always wondered the answer to.

Any thoughts/views welcome.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
alienbiketrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_miss View Post

ok - I understand why people say that - as someone has passed into the spirit realm and would be able to watch over BUT -

A close friend of mine passed away 2 weeks ago. Very suddenly. A month before he passed his grandmother passed, he was told by his family & friends that his grannie was watching over him & looking after him. If so why did he die?

Everyone has a mum/dad/gran/grandfather who has passed, so if everyone has someone "looking after them" then why does bad things still happen to people?

What do they mean when they say that? Do spirits actually have the ability to effect the living?

Sorry if this isn't making much sense. Its a question that i've always wondered the answer to.

I'm guilty of saying that to a few people who have had a loss,mainly and most likely because I find it very difficult to know exactly what I should say to someone who is dealing with a loss,and I'm trying to be as thoughtful to them as possible.
alienbiketrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #3
harris999

Think about it.

If you die, and there is something and you watch over people, why would you bother stopping people from dying? Its nothing but the next phase, why would you stop someone on part of the natural path?

I dont know what what happens when we die, but I know there is something.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
blackyblue

Quote:

Your right, next time someone dies we should say to the loved one 'He/she is rotting in hell and does not give a shit about you anymore'.

There is no defence against an evil which only the victims and the perpetrators know exists.

Last edited by blackyblue; 03-08-2012 at 04:50 PM.
blackyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
joya

Quote:

IMO, it is said by someone who wants to offer some bit of comfort/solace in a time of grief.

I do not believe that my dead relatives are looking after me. I might be wrong (and that would be cool!) but I have experienced nothing to show me otherwise.

Personally, I find no comfort in such trite words.

btw, I am sorry to hear of your loss Little Miss (((hug)))

Last edited by joya; 03-08-2012 at 04:57 PM.
joya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #6
Ian2day

Cool

Ian2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #7
little_miss

Thanks guys

Maybe I should have worded it better.

I dont mean why do people say it as such - I mean - is there any truth in it!?

Harris what you said makes sense.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #8
decoking
Banned

How can anyone know if there's any truth in it, until they die.

They can't know.
decoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #9
Infinite I

A psychic told me my grandfather follows me around, the same psychic told my cousin the same thing, she didn't know we were cousins 2 days before I seen the psychic I was thinking my flat had spirits in it, I went to her totally sporadically and she said I was surrounded by spirits. Maybe some do follow us around and look after us a few times in my life I have had the feeling something was protecting me from things. Never know!

The Spice expands conciousness

The Spice is vital for space travel
Infinite I is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #10
demaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by harris999 View Post
Think about it.

If you die, and there is something and you watch over people, why would you bother stopping people from dying? Its nothing but the next phase, why would you stop someone on part of the natural path?

I dont know what what happens when we die, but I know there is something.
Exactly, we have been conditioned to believe death is something bad.
demaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #11
little_miss

Heres another example -

If someone has a grand-parent that has passed & is watching them & the person does very bad things, for a wild example commits murder, why does the person watching not stop them.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #12
maxine

Quote:

It's stupid human sentiment! They think it makes people feel better - to know that their loved ones, aren't gone forever!

However - I hate to burst their bubble - but no one is looking down on anyone!! Once you are dead, you cease to create new memories! Therefore - you are no longer important to anything - or anyone, (outside your family.)

Last edited by maxine; 03-08-2012 at 07:38 PM.
maxine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #13
night_gaunt

Well, as a spirit expert who has obtained a masters degree from the University of the Paranormal...
Jk.
Perhaps they need permission to interfere, otherwise spirits would be taking over the world.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #14
night_gaunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
It's stupid human sentiment! They think it makes people feel better - to know that their loved ones, aren't gone forever!

However - I hate to burst their bubble - but no one is looking down on anyone!! Once you are dead, you cease to create new memories! Therefore - you are no longer important to anything - or anyone!
Law of conservation of energy?
Old 03-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #15
maxine

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_gaunt View Post
Law of conservation of energy?
Entities/infinite consciousness - hasn't the time to make people believe that they are still alive - when they are indeed dead! When a human being dies - human consciousness moves on to the living! Why waste time on what has been - and gone!
maxine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #16
fruitgum
Inactive

Quote:

Perhaps because this whole sorry belief that their dead relatives are looking after them is yet another deception ???

Life after death
http://www.biblestudy.org/basicart/l...ter-death.html

fruitgum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #17
hollo

stop trying to flip to the end of the book - it has no meaning unless you've read the beginning and middle.
hollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #18
joya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmt head View Post
A psychic told me my grandfather follows me around, the same psychic told my cousin the same thing...
I've had a few psychics tell me similar... I hate to say it, but I think that is a common line they spew since everyone has a dead relative somewhere in their family tree!
joya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:17 PM   #19
believenothing
Banned

I would like to know why Christians recite the biblical King David's war victory songs (out of context too) when family members die.
believenothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #20
loveisthelaw

Quote:

well, do you experience your "special one" watching or helping you?

do the people you know who say these things actually know it through experience or do they hope it? there is a big difference.

there are a lot of options that can influence it so I guess until you either experience it or prove it false, you can say it is possible

energy can influence energy, even a though ripples out through the entire universe, if that thought energy is directed and backed by emotion, the force of intention and action through will, it sure can have powerful influence!

nice topic

wouldn't it be terrible to never in your life have had anything important enough to risk it all for.

Last edited by loveisthelaw; 03-08-2012 at 10:12 PM.
loveisthelaw is offline   Reply With Quote