Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
toothseeker
Banned

Default World of Warcraft (wow)

World of Warcraft is an awesome game. Many things to do. You can spend 24/7 on the game and not get bored.

You can enter into raids where there are big prizes to be had from armor and gear to weapons and gold.

You can enter battlegounds and do PvP or player versus player which is never the same.

You can do many professions. Either learn new ones and level them or simpy do farming professions like skinning, herbing or mining.

So you can do professions while waiting for raids or as I used to skin as you wait in the queue for PvP box to pop up.

Either way the game is very good. Some people get addicted. Theres also chat so you can talk away.

How many of us here are WoW players? I have stopped, how many otheres have quit and why?

Please give opinions on sexual imaginary in the game.

Please refer to the fact when you die and are in spirit mode the spirt healer whispers “give us your money”. Listen carefully.

Keep this post light hearted and light minded.

Many thanks.

SUBLIMINAL MESSAGE! Demon Children of Goldshire.

Children of Goldshire: Not sure if you noticed, but in a house slightly north of Goldshire, on the second floor there are six children. They spawn at 7:40 server time with a soundfile saying "You... Will... DIE!". The children will occassionally stand in the shape of a pentogram. Throughout the day the children face multiple directions, when followed in order, I drew lines of all the directions they face and realized they connected and drew a pentogram (weird? I know). On top of this, if you stand in the middle of the children and look at your quest helper, you are EXACTLY 666 yards from Stormwinds Entrance. Another thing, in the middle of the day, the children will go to the Goldshire Graveyard and stand on 6 open graves. Every 6 hours or so, the children will walk to the gates of stormwind, stop, face the 5 pentogram directions then walk back to their room, which just so happens to be the 666 yard walk. Furthermore I have found that these very children share similar names with notorious Horror film/book/play writes.

Any other weird Subliminal Messages you have seen? post them here, oh btw, Demonic/Masonic/Illuminati symbols don't count, this game has plenty of those, I know, but it is a Magical world in a mystical realm, what do you expect :P

Last edited by toothseeker; 10-07-2012 at 05:15 PM. Reason: New info.... zionist warlord
toothseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
vinal

I've played this on and off since the start, currently not played for a few month, played for a month during Dragon Soul, downed the 1st 4 bosses with the Guild and then my subscription ran out, haven't bothered with it since then.

When I do play it tends to take up all my free time. super addictive.
vinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
hollo

i used to play from the beginning for about 5 yesrs and with every expansion that came out the game got worse

the highlights were the 1st time our guild took down ragnaros and then went into BWL (in vanilla) - its a much better raiding experiance with 40 ppl than with 10 (as it is today) i remember the world events such as AQ opening with the whole server population in one zone

i also liked exploring areas before release - ive also been to GM island and sat in "the chair"

ofc there are some very disturbing sub themes to wow less so as the games grown in popularity - you just have to look up "children of goldshire"

the problem is at 85 theres no point to the game

heres my char http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%B8ts/simple

Last edited by hollo; 10-07-2012 at 03:38 PM.
hollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
inversedivinity

Virtual heroin....Wrecked my life
v^2=u^2+2as. f=ma. v^2=u^2+2f/m(s). v^2-u^2= 2fs/m.
m(v^2-u^2)= 2fs.
m/2(v^2-u^2)= fs. work= force by distance
1/2mv^2-1/2mu^2= fs Kinetic energy
inversedivinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
vinal

Never knew about Children of Goldshire Guess I was always too busy grinding stuff to stand around there to notice.

Here's my Toon
vinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:06 PM   #6
demaris

I play, and have done since it came out. I am a solo player, raids and dungeons don't interest me. I prefer to grind, finish cheevo's or enjoy the lore with questing. For me its not addictive (maybe because I solo), but as I refuse to have a TV in the house, once my working day is over its nice to chill out with it for a while.

The one thing that does make me nervous, is the all seeing eye at the darkmoon fayre
demaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #7
curtaincat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by inversedivinity View Post
Virtual heroin....Wrecked my life
I have never played it, does sound addictive, and after watching the Southpark send-up.... no way
curtaincat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #8
bobster
Banned

I've never played it, i don't like fantasy stuff like that
bobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #9
nocternald

no wonder you hate women toothseeker LOL
Old 10-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #10
freedomfox59
Inactive

I have never played WoW, but I have seen clips of gameplay on YouTube. I have also seen clips of people breaking down in rage or tears because of it. And some fools say it's not a drug. Its a drug in every way. It triggers your dopamine receptors in the brain to be excited, but they wear off to the excitement over time, so you crave larger and larger doses, eventually becoming an addict. It changes your mood, your behavior. Just beacuse it's packaged in a nice, neat box doesn't mean it isn't a drug. The withdrawals can be very bad. It's a terribly addictive game. I stayed the hell away from it then, and I'll stay the hell away from it now.
freedomfox59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #11
bluegrazz

I loved WOW- Played from Vanilla on up through BC. Vanilla was a fucking BLAST (Digital Cocaine) and I lost a few years of my life to that wonderful game. BC was alright but began the "dumbing down" and upon the arrival of the Death Knights I had had enough.

Still waiting for a modern day UO (pre Tram)- A "Virtual World" and not the "Theme Park" modern MMOs are becoming...Coupled with Cash Shops and Pay to Win my hobby has been all but destroyed.

I check out MMOs every now and again but they are missing something- The good ideas are all indie productions and poorly done- Games like MO and DF could be fucking spectacular but the Devs fail to provide anything but a good idea.

Currently watching the "Repopulation" (game has the potential to change the genre BUT will probably dissapoint) and playing some bad ass single player indies and Modded out older games like Baldurs gate.

EDIT: Anyone try Dofus or Ryzom? Dofus looks like a kids game but is a hard core turn based sandbox (far too time consuming for me but looks pretty cool) Ryzom is fucking amazing (but its pretty dead because its complexity level and patchwork development)

I think EVE looks really good but I can never get into it- Cant be a spaceship. =/

Last edited by bluegrazz; 10-07-2012 at 06:15 PM.
bluegrazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #12
zuzu

The game has never interested me, but I know of 3 people who I work with who seem to have no social life...... and play that game.
zuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #13
bluegrazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzu View Post
The game has never interested me, but I know of 3 people who I work with who seem to have no social life...... and play that game.
You might be surprised- Maybe they have a better social life than you? Just sayin'

First off, it is a social game to begin with. You have to work together with real people and have coordinated tactics and strategy. There is a "Political" aspect to the game complete with subterfuge, spying, operations withing your Guild, resource management and a REAL economy to manipulate and make a fortune with.

Local friends often form Guilds and you end up with meet ups and Parties as well as RL friendships which extend beyond the game.

There is even a WOW dating site and I assure you that many very attractive guys and gals (who go to Clubs and Socialize IRL) are playing MMOS. The ideal of the "Basement dwelling nerd" is wrong in most cases (not all)

Plus (at least when I played- Its changed) the World was essentially an "adult one" - Most in my Guild were in their mid 20s or up and many married. We even had couples playing which is an awesome thing if you and your Wife share a hobby... Then as we grew older many of our Kids jumped in and brought their Real Life friends from school.

There are over 10 Million people playing WOW- So dont judge them all. Many have no "social life' but MANY would put yours (or anyones) to shame.

Last edited by bluegrazz; 10-07-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #14
nocternald

in all seriousness, I've never played this game and i can't see myself playing it. Seems good for those who are into that kind of thing but if you get obsessed. it's worse than crack, heroin and fast food really.

We need to think about what defines an active social life in the first place. I mean at uni and at college i didn't know one person who played that game. With girls for example i mean, most girls don't really know about any video games and usually hate them since their boyfriends spend too much time on them.

Most girls if they play games tend to play FIFA or COD here.

Last edited by nocternald; 10-07-2012 at 07:01 PM.
nocternald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #15
bluegrazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocternald View Post
in all seriousness, I've never played this game and i can't see myself playing it. Seems good for those who are into that kind of thing but if you get obsessed. it's worse than crack, heroin and fast food really.

We need to think about what defines an active social life in the first place. I mean at uni and at college i didn't know one person who played that game. With girls for example i mean, most girls don't really know about any video games and usually hate them since their boyfriends spend too much time on them.

Most girls if they play games tend to play FIFA or COD here.
-Its not worse than any drug... Its not physically addicting.

I call it "Digital Cocaine" but anyone who has ever experimented with hard drugs easily realizes that that is a "dumb statement"-

Anything can be addictive. Wow is very psychologically addictive because "the game never ends" and "the World never stops"- If you log off of the game events and things are still happening so there is a feeling that you are "missing something" and always play for "another 10 minutes" until its 3 Am and work starts in a couple hours

Like everything else, its up to the individual to "handle it- Or not..." I knew a few people who did hard drugs regularly and maintained a very good living in a professional industry. They were clean cut, had nice things and nobody (outside of close friends) had a clue they enjoyed a pretty wild life with wild people on "off hours"- And they handled it. No problem...

Me, I would be an addict in a very short time living in the street with nothing and probably stealing for a living. I have played with hard drugs and I am the type that KNOWS where it will lead- For me. I cannot do some cocaine on weekends and stop on Sunday night to get ready to go back to real life. I will wake up Thursday boke and having to explain where I have been Its just how I am, thus for ME- I dont play with fire knowing that I have gasoline in my blood.

Psychologically these games were made to hook you... A tread mill with a carrot on a stick leading you to play for "10 more minutes"- But like "drugs" its FUN. You can base it down to statistics and whatever, its pointless, its this, its that- No. When you are playing, its FUN.

With everything (any activity) which is FUN, there is an element of risk and usually the more FUN the activity - the more risk involved. People have went over the edge playing Table Top RPG's. People have felt the need to climb Mt. Everest and died for a pointless activity. People Surf with sharks in the damn water-

So its all about knowing yourself and understanding the risks. People have lost relationships due to MMOs , people have lost jobs- Some people are weak and had it not been WOW it would have been a serious addiction like drugs.

Personally, I had a blast in the game and nobody I know IRL ever had any real issue and playing. And I would feel far better about my kids playing an interactive activity which requires brainpower than sitting in front of a television.

-Its all about being well rounded. Like everything else.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #16
nehorai

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollo View Post

the problem is at 85 theres no point to the game
This. The Cataclysm expansion has done a fine job of making my friends and I quit. In Wrath of the Lich King I at least kept some interest throughout the course of the expansion. Never played BC, but I hear that was good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demaris View Post
The one thing that does make me nervous, is the all seeing eye at the darkmoon fayre
I tried talking to people in game about this right at the darkmoon faire grounds.... and of course nobody bats an eyelash (pun intended)
nehorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #17
nocternald

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrazz View Post
-Its not worse than any drug... Its not physically addicting.

I call it "Digital Cocaine" but anyone who has ever experimented with hard drugs easily realizes that that is a "dumb statement"-

Anything can be addictive. Wow is very psychologically addictive because "the game never ends" and "the World never stops"- If you log off of the game events and things are still happening so there is a feeling that you are "missing something" and always play for "another 10 minutes" until its 3 Am and work starts in a couple hours

Like everything else, its up to the individual to "handle it- Or not..." I knew a few people who did hard drugs regularly and maintained a very good living in a professional industry. They were clean cut, had nice things and nobody (outside of close friends) had a clue they enjoyed a pretty wild life with wild people on "off hours"- And they handled it. No problem...

Me, I would be an addict in a very short time living in the street with nothing and probably stealing for a living. I have played with hard drugs and I am the type that KNOWS where it will lead- For me. I cannot do some cocaine on weekends and stop on Sunday night to get ready to go back to real life. I will wake up Thursday boke and having to explain where I have been Its just how I am, thus for ME- I dont play with fire knowing that I have gasoline in my blood.

Psychologically these games were made to hook you... A tread mill with a carrot on a stick leading you to play for "10 more minutes"- But like "drugs" its FUN. You can base it down to statistics and whatever, its pointless, its this, its that- No. When you are playing, its FUN.

With everything (any activity) which is FUN, there is an element of risk and usually the more FUN the activity - the more risk involved. People have went over the edge playing Table Top RPG's. People have felt the need to climb Mt. Everest and died for a pointless activity. People Surf with sharks in the damn water-

So its all about knowing yourself and understanding the risks. People have lost relationships due to MMOs , people have lost jobs- Some people are weak and had it not been WOW it would have been a serious addiction like drugs.

Personally, I had a blast in the game and nobody I know IRL ever had any real issue and playing. And I would feel far better about my kids playing an interactive activity which requires brainpower than sitting in front of a television.

-Its all about being well rounded. Like everything else.
Thats the thing though, unlike a drug where you ingest a substance into you physically and also the 'illegal' nature and propaganda surrounding the drug will snap your consciousness into think. 'Shit, i think i need help'.

Wow just like fat food, is fully legal and promoted as something that is only a good thing. So people won't really know when they are addicted.

I think games like COD and FIFA are worse for addictions really. wow is for a rather niche market. A friend told me a guy dropped out of college to take tips on becoming a better FIFA player online. I mean i just was struck by the madness and the disposition, it's not even a great game, it's a very flawed game.

The only game i play these days is PES, well i think i talk about it and develop for it more than i actually play. I know games are pointless, i play PES because i am married to football rather than actually be a gamer. (but i d like to play it like a game when high ) Although these days i go through very long periods of no PES and absolutely no games whatsoever!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #18
bluegrazz

Quote:
Thats the thing though, unlike a drug where you ingest a substance into you physically and also the 'illegal' nature and propaganda surrounding the drug will snap your consciousness into think. 'Shit, i think i need help'.

Wow just like fat food, is fully legal and promoted as something that is only a good thing. So people won't really know when they are addicted.

I think games like COD and FIFA are worse for addictions really. wow is for a rather niche market. A friend told me a guy dropped out of college to take tips on becoming a better FIFA player online. I mean i just was struck by the madness and the disposition, it's not even a great game, it's a very flawed game.

The only game i play these days is PES, well i think i talk about it and develop for it more than i actually play. I know games are pointless, i play PES because i am married to football rather than actually be a gamer. (but i d like to play it like a game when high ) Although these days i go through very long periods of no PES and absolutely no games whatsoever!
-If you like PES you should check out Football Manager as well for a very tactical/micromanagement experience http://www.footballmanager.net/
I am not a Sports guy (have no understanding of any Sport) but I hear its a phenomenal simulator.

-Sports can be an obsession too
Old 10-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #19
nocternald

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrazz View Post
-If you like PES you should check out Football Manager as well for a very tactical/micromanagement experience http://www.footballmanager.net/
I am not a Sports guy (have no understanding of any Sport) but I hear its a phenomenal simulator.

-Sports can be an obsession too
yeah i know all about football manager, i was addicted at 13/14, especially at age 14, loved it. Played it all the time. very popular with laptop/pc users, i was going to play it this year but it runs crap on my laptop so i didn't bother really. Great simulator, but i'm a very 'visual' person, i like on the field action, football managers 3d matches are still pretty crap but everything else is great.

Football is ingrained into lifestyle here in England. Your local big team, its part of culture, represents where your from, although football is in a soulless very plastic state now, just like society.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #20
bluegrazz

Quote:
yeah i know all about football manager, i was addicted at 13/14, especially at age 14, loved it. Played it all the time. very popular with laptop/pc users, i was going to play it this year but it runs crap on my laptop so i didn't bother really. Great simulator, but i'm a very 'visual' person, i like on the field action, football managers 3d matches are still pretty crap but everything else is great.

Football is ingrained into lifestyle here in England. Your local big team, its part of culture, represents where your from, although football is in a soulless very plastic state now, just like society.
I would get into Sports if it were like that here... I have always said we should have "State Teams" comprised of actual State residents and not Corporate Teams who import players from all over the World with huge $$$- Wheres the Pride in that?

That a whole seperate subject- Culture. I admit being very Jealous that the USA honestly doesnt have one (Beyond "image" and manufactured lies).