Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Meditation / Human Consciousness / Spirituality / Ascension / 2012 Mayan Calendar
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 14-05-2012, 06:03 AM   #1
extra_solar

Lightbulb psychiatric medications & meditation & kundalini

psychiatric medications & meditation & kundalini

i have schizoaffective disorder i was diagnosed in 2005

i first started learning seriously about meditation around 2003

i bought a chakra balancing cd and listened to it at night

i also bought a theta meditation double disc cd and listened to it often

as a kid i would meditate not knowing what i was doing to still my mind (and probably control symptoms of my illness)

i would picture in my minds eye an island shore with no one there not even myself and see the view and listen to the waves

or i would picture a field and focus on the wind on the grass or plains

as i grew older i lost my natural coping skills of visualization meditation and turned to learning about meditation

at some point in 2003 i had a kundalini awakening when i was sleeping i thought i was being electrocuted as energy coursed through my spine

afterwards i became like an antenna for energy

on perfectly warm days i would shiver with energy

my thoughts expanded

however now i am highly and heavily medicated and i feel numbed

over the past 7 - 8 years the antipsychotic medications have caused me to gain right around 100 pounds if you can believe it i was an athlete until this illness took over my life i definately wasnt overweight before this

http://schizophrenia.emedtv.com/zypr...ight-gain.html

"While a moderate amount of weight gain (20 pounds or less) is typical during treatment, some people can gain very large amounts of weight while taking this medication."

i just wonder how much the medications have numbed me to my kundalini awakening and ability to meditate

i know my chakras are way out of whack from the weight gain and emotional toll

i tried going off my medications cold turkey about a year and a half ago because of various factors to prove to people that i was normal to see for myself if the medications were blocking my meditation practice

long story short i ended up hospitalized for a month

and that was hell getting back on meds i was having terrifying panic attacks for months out of the blue

without the meds things just get too intense im like an antenna lightning rod and have no grounding

so to me i have learned that the meds are a necessary evil

Last edited by extra_solar; 14-05-2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: *typo*
extra_solar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #2
extra_solar

*bump*

(for more insight)

Old 14-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #3
ex sheep
Forum Advisor

I think its better to move this into the meditation forum where you will receive more response if you don't mind
ex sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #4
extra_solar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex sheep View Post
I think its better to move this into the meditation forum where you will receive more response if you don't mind
thanks sheep!
Old 15-05-2012, 04:30 AM   #5
passerbye999
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by extra_solar View Post
psychiatric medications & meditation & kundalini

i have schizoaffective disorder i was diagnosed in 2005

i first started learning seriously about meditation around 2003

i bought a chakra balancing cd and listened to it at night

i also bought a theta meditation double disc cd and listened to it often

as a kid i would meditate not knowing what i was doing to still my mind (and probably control symptoms of my illness)

i would picture in my minds eye an island shore with no one there not even myself and see the view and listen to the waves

or i would picture a field and focus on the wind on the grass or plains

as i grew older i lost my natural coping skills of visualization meditation and turned to learning about meditation

at some point in 2003 i had a kundalini awakening when i was sleeping i thought i was being electrocuted as energy coursed through my spine

afterwards i became like an antenna for energy

on perfectly warm days i would shiver with energy

my thoughts expanded

however now i am highly and heavily medicated and i feel numbed

over the past 7 - 8 years the antipsychotic medications have caused me to gain right around 100 pounds if you can believe it i was an athlete until this illness took over my life i definately wasnt overweight before this

http://schizophrenia.emedtv.com/zypr...ight-gain.html

"While a moderate amount of weight gain (20 pounds or less) is typical during treatment, some people can gain very large amounts of weight while taking this medication."

i just wonder how much the medications have numbed me to my kundalini awakening and ability to meditate

i know my chakras are way out of whack from the weight gain and emotional toll

i tried going off my medications cold turkey about a year and a half ago because of various factors to prove to people that i was normal to see for myself if the medications were blocking my meditation practice

long story short i ended up hospitalized for a month

and that was hell getting back on meds i was having terrifying panic attacks for months out of the blue

without the meds things just get too intense im like an antenna lightning rod and have no grounding

so to me i have learned that the meds are a necessary evil
I am bi polar1 with schitzoaffective disorder. I have found it was important to find the right medications for me there are many out there. Some do damper facilities. I am on zeldox for the schitzoaffective disorder and feel quite normal. I practice Zen and Taoist Internal Alchemy and find I have not lost much since before I was diagnosed in 2001. I have been Teaching and training for 25 yrs now. I have tried various meds over the yrs until I found the right ones. It takes an open minded shrink though. I have had 5 manias each time when I stopped taking the meds. They were quite cool though and I learned a lot from them. Alas I don't want anymore though they are very taxing. Proper meds a balanced diet, regular exercise and a good meditation program can give you a long and happy life even with the chronic illness. Mental illness need not be a complete handicap you need to have a doctor that is willing to work with you though.
passerbye999 is offline   Reply With Quote