|02-05-2012, 12:18 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2009
4am black helicopters nearly every night!
Now there is a normal helicopter outside circling outside (it's only midnight so although it's circling strangely I don't expect it to be related). I can tell now that this sound is similar to the 4am sound but the 4am sound is quieter. At first I thought it sounded like a UFO but now I wonder if it sounds very much like a helicopter trying to be quiet. I will have to take note next time I hear it.
I have heard this supressed-helicopter-sound in many places around the world (I travel a lot). It's not the same as an aircraft and it has the following properties:
1) at some point it slowly goes down in pitch and gets a little quieter as if it's landing
2) there's usually only one but by the military base in argentina I heard at least 2.
3) It moved around more in Argentina but in the UK it seems to take a somewhat placid path if you know what I mean.
In terms of patterns:
1) more likely to hear the sound in port areas. I don't have enough knowledge about military bases to say any more than that. You do get them in quiet places but only in the places where the military is exercising
2) I've never been sure of hearing the sound at sea
Some of the places I've heard this sound:
1) Suburban UK ~20 miles from the coast & ~10 miles from multiple military training areas.
2) Coastal Argentina, but *not* in mid Patagonia. It would be interesting to see if there is any activity close to Antarctica. I will have t ovisit.
3) Northern Spain.
4) Coastal Norway
5) Western Scotland. I've also seen unmarked submarine guidance marks in the area.
6) Denmark, another miltary port area.
But I didn't hear them in southern France when skiing or Barcelona and I haven't heard them in quiet places where I'm not aware of military training. I also haven't heard it at sea.
So, what are these choppers up to and should I try to record them? I've never been able to see one. The best I've done is to get out of my tent and have a look but it sounded like the sound was coming from behind the trees.
The thing is, no one has woken up with me properly yet to investigate with me. I've experienced the sound maybe 30 times yet. I did bother my girlfriend with it once and she wouldn't get up to have a look with me and just wanted to go back to sleep. I wanted her validation to be sure I'm not hearing things or mistaking a roadsweeper. The thing is, there are no roadsweepers in the middle of nowhere in Argentina! My girlfriend didn't exactly acknowledge the sound, but she definately didn't say she could hear anything. Her hearing is less sensitive, I got the impression she heard something but to her it wasn't very loud and she couldn't be bothered. But for me it is clear as day.
Probably the reason I get woken up and no one else seems to notice is because I have top notch hearing, some of which beyond the normal range. This is from a doctors health test I had to do for work.
So some questions:
1) Has anyone else heard these things?
2) What shall I do about it? Any ideas on how to record what they're doing? Is there a cheap heat sensor out there to video or something like that? What about sound recording.
I'll have to start noting down where and when I hear the sounds to get a more concrete record. To be honest for a long time I just couldn't be bothered but it's been going on for years now so I figure.
But as I say, it always seems to be around 4am, so keep a look out in your area.
Here's a recording of a suppressed chopper sound. The one I hear sounds a bit like this does at the end but that isn't fully it:
Last edited by jago25_98; 02-05-2012 at 12:41 AM.
|07-05-2012, 09:41 AM||#2|
Join Date: Feb 2012
A very interesting post Jago.
I'd be interested in your ideas about what they are there to do? When you observe them are they toing and froing or just hovering? If they're moving then presumably they're patroling, ferrying people or objects, or searching for something. If they're hovering then presumably they're either monitoring something or perhaps carrying out works (a la North Vietnam in the 70's). The thing that strikes me though is assuming a)They're not appearing all over the world every night and b)You're not the target, which we can fairly assume you're not, though you could be Obama himself for all I know (If you ARE Obama then they're probably yours, no need to panic!), then what are the chances of you being in the same part of the world as them, on the same night, and awake enough to hear them when no-one else does?
While I don't have any answers for you, I'm certainly not here to poke holes in what you say, I'm just interested in hearing if you'll pardon the pun) more!
|14-05-2012, 06:31 PM||#3|
Join Date: Dec 2011
I am 20 Miles from the coast in the UK and i saw a helicopter Yesterday, It sounded rather strange and it was nowhere near the Airport flight path, it was also very low, under 1000ft easily
Here is a screenshot from a video i recorded
Last edited by digitalgain; 14-05-2012 at 06:33 PM.
|23-05-2012, 08:00 AM||#4|
Join Date: Apr 2012
|27-05-2012, 10:52 AM||#5|
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Void