Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Nutrition / Diet / Alternative Therapies / Healing
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 15-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
artmuzz

Default Choline, inositol and fatty liver

As I mentioned in a previous post i have fatty liver. I was told by a member on here that it is recommended that I take Choline to help my fatty liver. Just recently I bought Choline Inositol in tablet form 500mg (250mg Choline 250mg Inositol) from my local Holland and Barrett. Has anyone taken this for any liver diseases and how affective is it?

Last edited by artmuzz; 15-03-2012 at 05:52 PM.
artmuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #2
dawkinz

Perhaps stop drinking or eat healthier?
dawkinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
artmuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkinz View Post
Perhaps stop drinking or eat healthier?
I've been eating healthy since being diagnosed and lost 4 stone (50 pounds) in the process. I don't drink as much as I used to and I do a lot of walking and cycling.
Old 15-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #4
piskavac

I don't have fatty liver. I took 2 x 250mg capsules of sylimarin and it helped me. Choline & Inositol didn't.

It depends on someone metabolism. In adittion I also can't praise enough grape exract, while the same extract didnt't help two or three of my frends. To them Aloe Vera was invaluable, but not fir me, even i took the same juice as they bought.

Therefore I think everybody of us must first gain knowledge, then try at least few kind of food supplements until s/he find the most suitable supplement for her/him.
In 1975, a man riding a moped in Bermuda was accidentally struck and killed by a taxi. One year later, the man’s brother, riding the very same moped, was killed in the very same way by the very same taxi driven by the very same driver -- and carrying the very same passenger.
piskavac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2012, 09:27 PM   #5
dawkinz

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmuzz View Post
I've been eating healthy since being diagnosed and lost 4 stone (50 pounds) in the process. I don't drink as much as I used to and I do a lot of walking and cycling.
Can you elaborate on the eating healthy? What would you eat in a typical day?

And how much do you drink?

The more info you give the more we can assist you
Old 15-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #6
artmuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkinz View Post
Can you elaborate on the eating healthy? What would you eat in a typical day?

And how much do you drink?

The more info you give the more we can assist you
Okay here is my diet and drink intake

Breakfast: Porridge oats with almond milk with kiwi fruit and apple. Ryvita with Marmite and 3 whole organic carrots. Organic Beetroot juice. Herbal tea with 1 milk thistle tablet and 1 cod liver oil tablet

Lunch: Chicken salad sandwich on wholemeal bread and peppermint or camile herbal tea. 1 milk thistle tablet

Tea: Spaghetti bolognese or Chicken curry with white rice or sometimes the occasional Chinese/Indian take away 1 milk thistle tablet

I go through a bottle of white wine a week and sometimes potato crisps (chips). Half a bottle one evening the the rest of the bottle a couple of evenings later.

Last edited by artmuzz; 15-03-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 15-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #7
dawkinz

Well a bottle a week isnt going to be too bad, and your diet seems pretty good. Just try to keep alcohol down to a minimum and remember fructose gets metabolised the same was as alcohol. the 2 of them are very similar in terms of liver stress.

You can also try the liver flush http://www.alternativehealth.co.nz/c...liverflush.htm and see if that helps at all.
Old 15-03-2012, 11:35 PM   #8
montmorency

Chris Masterjohn mentions liver and egg yolks as being good sources of choline (among other things).

I've seen coconut oil being recommended for fatty liver, and it has other benefits.

By the way, Dr Richard Feinman completely disagrees with Robert Lustig about fructose metabolising like alcohol. In fact, it has been known for years that fructose speeds up the metabolism of alcohol.

http://rdfeinman.wordpress.com/2011/...e-opportunity/

Quote:
It is biological function that is important and ethanol is not processed like fructose as Lustig says.
The following is an old paper, but you can find more recent ones:

http://journals.cambridge.org/downlo...3a1a9fe14560df

Quote:
Recent clinical studies have confirmed the value of fructose in speeding up the rate of ethanol metabolism and ‘sobering up’ intoxicated persons (Patel, Paton, Rowan, Lawson & Linton, 1969; Lowenstein, Simone, Boulter & Nathan, 1970).
montmorency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 02:01 AM   #9
dawkinz

^ That was an interesting read thanks for sharing.

This study was rather interesting regarding 'natural diet' http://www.cbc.ca/thelens/bigfatdiet/Poster.pdf
Old 16-03-2012, 02:33 AM   #10
tenzingnorgay
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmuzz View Post
Okay here is my diet and drink intake

Breakfast: Porridge oats with almond milk with kiwi fruit and apple. Ryvita with Marmite and 3 whole organic carrots. Organic Beetroot juice. Herbal tea with 1 milk thistle tablet and 1 cod liver oil tablet

Lunch: Chicken salad sandwich on wholemeal bread and peppermint or camile herbal tea. 1 milk thistle tablet

Tea: Spaghetti bolognese or Chicken curry with white rice or sometimes the occasional Chinese/Indian take away 1 milk thistle tablet

I go through a bottle of white wine a week and sometimes potato crisps (chips). Half a bottle one evening the the rest of the bottle a couple of evenings later.
That bottle of wine may be causing you more problems iwth your liver than you realize.
tenzingnorgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 02:43 AM   #11
artmuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenzingnorgay View Post
That bottle of wine may be causing you more problems iwth your liver than you realize.
Even if its just one bottle a week with me drinking only half one evening then finishing the last half off a few evening later? As I don't drink every evening.
Old 18-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #12
artmuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenzingnorgay View Post
Please explain considering I only have one bottle of wine a week at 9% alcohol.