Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 01:03 AM   #1
crushallserpents

Exclamation Microsoft Kinect Spy System

Written by Alphonse:

Microsoft Kinect Spy System

"So you just got the Kinect/Xbox360 gaming system and you’re having fun, hanging out in your underwear, plopped down in your favorite lounge chair, and playing games with your buddies. Yeah, it’s great to have a microphone and camera in your game system so you can “Kinect” to your pals while you play, but did you read that Terms of Service Agreement that came with your Kinect thingy? No? Here, let me point out an important part of that service agreement.

If you accept the agreement, you “expressly authorize and consent to us accessing or disclosing information about you, including the content of your communications, in order to: (a) comply with the law or respond to lawful requests or legal process; (b) protect the rights or property of Microsoft, our partners, or our customers, including the enforcement of our agreements or policies governing your use of the Service; or (c) act on a good faith belief that such access or disclosure is necessary to protect the personal safety of Microsoft employees, customers, or the public.”

Did you catch that? Here, let me print the important part in really big letters.
“If you accept the agreement, you expressly authorize and consent to us accessing or disclosing information about you, including the content of your communications… on a good faith belief that such access or disclosure is necessary to protect the personal safety of Microsoft employees, customers, or the public.”

OK, is that clear enough for ya? When you use the Kinect system, you agree to allow Microsoft (and any branch of law enforcement or government they care to share information with) to use your Kinect system to spy on you. Maybe run that facial recognition software to check you out, listen to your conversations, and keep track of who you are communicating with.

I know this is probably old news to some, but I thought I would mention it because it pertains to almost all of these home game systems that are interactive. You have to remember, the camera and microphone contained in your game system has the ability to be hacked by anyone the game company gives that ability to, and that includes government snoops and law enforcement agents.

Hey, it’s MICROSOFT. What did you expect?

And the same concerns apply to all interactive game systems. Just something to think about if you’re having a “Naked Wii party” or doing something illegal while you’re gaming with your buddies. Or maybe you say something suspicious and it triggers the DHS software to start tracking your every word. Hey, this is not paranoia. It’s spelled out for you, right there in that Service Agreement. Read it! Here’s one more part of the agreement you should be aware of.

“You should not expect any level of privacy concerning your use of the live communication features (for example, voice chat, video and communications in live-hosted gameplay sessions) offered through the Service.”

Did you catch it that time? YOU SHOULD NOT EXPECT ANY LEVEL OF PRIVACY concerning your voice chat and video features on your Kinect box."
crushallserpents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:15 AM   #2
ronisron

You did a really good job with the OP. I understand what you're saying and I'm there, but your post explains it in a way for anyone who might have a hard time believing or understanding how something like this works. Good job.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:17 AM   #3
zen_anarchy

never fap in front of an xbox

it's just like 1984
zen_anarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:27 AM   #4
Dude111

Quote:
Originally Posted by crushallserpents
Hey, it’s MICROSOFT. What did you expect?
Yes and its sickening how many ppl have been dumbed down to NOT CARE!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:02 AM   #5
lesleypumpshaft

I think it's only a problem if you have XBox online, otherwise how would they hack into your Kinect?
Old 09-03-2012, 07:58 AM   #6
hmp_britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesleypumpshaft View Post
I think it's only a problem if you have XBox online, otherwise how would they hack into your Kinect?
Exactamundo!!

Also, what exactly is one doing whilst playing xbox kinect that is worth spying on? Im sorry but people dont exactly plot the downfall of governments whikst sat around enjoying a game of xbox do they.

The most they'll ever see me doing is having a spliff. I doubt anyone's going to be arsed about that.

You're right though, its not paranoia but its hardly ground breaking stuff.

At most its just conditioning for when our homes become 'interactive'. Thats when we should start worrying.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #7
lesleypumpshaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmp_britain View Post
Exactamundo!!

Also, what exactly is one doing whilst playing xbox kinect that is worth spying on? Im sorry but people dont exactly plot the downfall of governments whikst sat around enjoying a game of xbox do they.

The most they'll ever see me doing is having a spliff. I doubt anyone's going to be arsed about that.

You're right though, its not paranoia but its hardly ground breaking stuff.

At most its just conditioning for when our homes become 'interactive'. Thats when we should start worrying.
The fact that the Kinect is likely to be in someone's living room makes it a good place to have spy equipment I suppose. My partner and I were joking about a spy cam in the Kinnect when we first got ours and were playing in our dressing gowns.

Ours isn't online though, but if it was I would be worried about playing in my undercrackers between waxing in case someone saw me with a wavering bikini line
Old 09-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #8
hmp_britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesleypumpshaft View Post
The fact that the Kinect is likely to be in someone's living room makes it a good place to have spy equipment I suppose. My partner and I were joking about a spy cam in the Kinnect when we first got ours and were playing in our dressing gowns.

Ours isn't online though, but if it was I would be worried about playing in my undercrackers between waxing in case someone saw me with a wavering bikini line
Haha. Thats what im saying. If microsoft wanna see me on the kinect chillin in my undies smokin a doob they're more than welcome.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #9
cluas

Good thread.

Isn't it the same problem, when ppl buy a laptop?

All the laptops today have build in cameras too.

I also once heard that spying could be done through the TV ?

- Cluas
cluas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:19 PM   #10
Dude111

I have heard those flat screen pieces of crap have cameras/microphones (I wouldnt put it past them)
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 05:55 AM   #11
synergetic67

Microsoft Files Patent To Dictate How Many People Can Watch or Play Something

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/07/mi...enses-through/
synergetic67 is offline   Reply With Quote