Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Ancient History / Forbidden Knowledge / History Rewritten
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
neutrino
Inactive

Default Nimrod / Semiramis / Tammuz

Can anyone explain to me who or what they were??

I looked into Nimrod etc quite a while ago but because my memory began to dwindle I took another look into it today to recap my memory.

David Icke points out that Nimrod was represented by the Sun (he died and Semiramis said he was taken up to the Sun), Tammuz was supposed to be a reincarnation of him and was born by virgin birth by Semiramis (supposedly impregnated by the suns rays) and so basically Jesus and the Virgin Mary are representations of Semiramis and Tammuz.

But this doesn't seem to answer the ultimate question.

Who or what were they? was Nimrod, Semiramis and Tammuz just copies and representations of something older? and also just stories just as Jesus is an later copy/representation of Tammuz and a story? or did they really exist?? Does everything really stem from Nimrod etc or is it much older?

Does anyone know how far back this stuff actually goes? does it stop at Nimrod or go beyond?
neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:59 PM   #2
neutrino
Inactive

Also, if Nimrod, Semiramis and Tammuz is where God, Virgin Mary and Jesus comes from. Then who back in the day of Babylon was Satan?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
neutrino
Inactive

74 views, I guess nobody has a clue then. Great stuff.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #4
size_of_light

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
Who or what were they? was Nimrod, Semiramis and Tammuz just copies and representations of something older?
No one really knows and if they claim they do they're deluded.

Etymological and biographical similarities between different mythological figures doesn't necessarily point to all the latter versions being updated representations of one original source; the same being might just as likely have emanated directly in multiple different time periods.
size_of_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #5
roman piso
Banned

According to the Bible, "Nimrod" is Son of Cush , that suggest that he was a Kushite, from North Africa, i am pretty sure, that "Nimrod" is "NIMLOT"

Semiramis on the other hand, dates to "824-811BC", an Assyrian Queen

I think i am certain, this guy is the Biblical Nimrod

Quote:
Nimlot III (since L/T interchanges with R/D)

735-665
Nimlot was probably a son of Osorkon III ( 23rd Dynasty - Thebes) and was appointed to the throne of Hermopolis. He eventaully surrendered to Piankh and becamse of vassal
The others Sons of Ham (Akhmim)
--Cush [Pharoah Kashta] 750-730
--Sabtechah [Pharoah Shebitku] 698-690
--Sabtah [Pharoah Shabak]716-702
--Nimlod [Pharoah Nimlot] 735-665

Also proofs the Biblical Chronology is not linear, Since Cush, Son of Ham, of Noah is around 725BC

Last edited by roman piso; 08-02-2012 at 08:19 PM.
roman piso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #6
knightofthegrail
Banned

Quote:
Also, if Nimrod, Semiramis and Tammuz is where God, Virgin Mary and Jesus comes from. Then who back in the day of Babylon was Satan?
They weren't. It comes from an anti-catholic diatribe of the kind I would have expected from the "reverend" Ian Paisley....
knightofthegrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #7
rapunzel

Quote:
Can anyone explain to me who or what they were??

I looked into Nimrod etc quite a while ago but because my memory began to dwindle I took another look into it today to recap my memory.

David Icke points out that Nimrod was represented by the Sun (he died and Semiramis said he was taken up to the Sun), Tammuz was supposed to be a reincarnation of him and was born by virgin birth by Semiramis (supposedly impregnated by the suns rays) and so basically Jesus and the Virgin Mary are representations of Semiramis and Tammuz.

But this doesn't seem to answer the ultimate question.

Who or what were they? was Nimrod, Semiramis and Tammuz just copies and representations of something older? and also just stories just as Jesus is an later copy/representation of Tammuz and a story? or did they really exist?? Does everything really stem from Nimrod etc or is it much older?

Does anyone know how far back this stuff actually goes? does it stop at Nimrod or go beyond?
Most of the stories you have read about Nimrod, Semiramis and Tammuz are false. First of all there is no historical record of a man called Nimrod which in Hebrew just means The Rebel and he only appears in the Bible and other Jewish writings. Some have thought he was based on Gilgamesh, another legendary man. There is an interesting site about the connection here.

http://davelivingston.com/nimrod.htm

A man called Alexander Hislop in the 19th century wrote a book called “The Two Babylons” in an attempt to show that the Catholic religion was nothing more than a copy of ancient Pagan religions.. Hislop’s argument rested on the assumption that all Pagan religions had a common origin and resemblances in mythological details are taken as evidence of this. No allowance was made for the fact that the human mind tends to be the same whatever the culture. Hislop had a very fragmentary knowledge of ancient Mesopotamia, as Assyriology was in its infancy when he wrote the book and much has since been discovered which he was not aware of. Many of the ‘facts’ in his book have been thoroughly refuted but that has not stopped Christian authors repeating them as if they were holy writ. Unfortunately Icke, and others, have done the same and not checked their facts.

As for Semiramis there is no trace of her in Sumerian or Babylonian records yet Hislop tells us: “The fact that there was a Semiramis in the primeval ages of the world, is beyond all doubt,” but he doesn’t tell us how he reached that conclusion. The only Semiramis, which is a Greek name, known to history is Queen Sammuramat, wife of Samshi-Adad V of Assyria who ruled approx 824-811 BC. This Queen ruled for a number of years after her husband and by all accounts was quite powerful. It’s possible that it is this woman’s history has been used to construct the myth of Semiramis.

Hislop did not have access to any primary material, such as the official records of Sumeria or Babylonia, so he used instead the stories written by various Greek authors such as Herodotus, Diodorus and others who wrote about a Semiramis and her husband Ninus and their son Ninyas and wove fanciful tales about them. Ninus was supposed to be the eponymous founder of the city of Ninevah or Ninua which is the Assyrian name for it. It was these stories that Hislop used and improved upon for his book.
However a Babylonian priest and astronomer, Berossus, who was writing at the beginning of the 3rd century BC wrote a book in Greek called “Babyloniaca”, which was based on genuine local archives. In that book Berossus interrupts the list of the kings of Babylon to cite the rule of Semiramis of Assyria. He places Semiramis after the ninth king of the twelfth dynasty of Babylon, whose reign began in 812 BC. This matches perfectly the regency of Sammuramat, queen of Assyria.

Semiramis has been connected with doves on the grounds that the first syllable of the name ‘ Sammu’ was derived from a frequently used Akkadian word for dove – ‘summu’. Hislop therefore connected Semiramis with Ishtar of Babylon.

Hislop alleged that the worship of the Mother and Child, Semiramis and Ninyas, sometimes called Tammuz, came from Babylon but neither Babylon nor Assyria had a cult of the Mother and Child. In addition, Tammuz was originally Sumerian where his name was Dumuzi, and he was the lover/husband of Inanna and the child of Enki and Ninsun. He was later connected with Ishtar and given the name Tammuz and all sorts of legends were later attached to his name. There isn’t the slightest connection between Tammuz, Semiramis and Nimrod. Semiramis was never the prototype of a mother Goddess and Nimrod had nothing to do with the sun as he is a legendary character from the Bible and there was no virgin birth associated with any of the Sumerian or Babylonian Goddesses.

As I said, many Fundamentalists have taken up this story and embellished it with laughable ‘facts’ and unfortunately this gets spread around the internet as actual history when it is nothing of the kind. The worst treatment must be by Jack Chick and you can read part of it here.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=x...ligion&f=false

Ralph Woodrow, who initially wrote a book supporting Hislop’s book but then realised how wrong it was and wrote another “The Babylon Connection” to refute it has said about the Semiramis nonsense:

“It is amazing how unsubstantiated teachings like these circulate—and are believed. One can go to any library, check any history book about ancient Babylon, none of these things will be found. They are not historically accurate, but are based on an arbitrary piecing together of bits and pieces of mythology”.

If you want to know about ancient religious beliefs in Sumeria which is thought to be one of the oldest civilisations, you could start by reading books by Samuel Kramer. Here is an extract from ‘The Descent of Inanna’ by Kramer and Wolkstein.

http://www.piney.com/InanasDescNetherKram.html

That is translated from actual Sumerian texts. See how it compares with Jack Chick version.

Hope this helps you in your search.

A religion without a Goddess is 50% atheistic - unknown

"What have you done to the cat, Erwin? He looks half dead."
- Mrs. Schrödinger.
rapunzel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #8
vagrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel View Post

....Ralph Woodrow, who initially wrote a book supporting Hislop’s book but then realised how wrong it was and wrote another “The Babylon Connection” to refute it has said about the Semiramis nonsense:

“It is amazing how unsubstantiated teachings like these circulate—and are believed. One can go to any library, check any history book about ancient Babylon, none of these things will be found. They are not historically accurate, but are based on an arbitrary piecing together of bits and pieces of mythology”....
I've just finished watching a David Icke video featured on today's Headlines page and was left wandering about these very same questions. David in his public lectures (see vid) seems to be perpetuating these inaccuracies; does he know something we don't or is he just plain wrong?

In the same video he also claims Santa Claus is Satan (Santa/Satan) which is more misinformation IMO.

Ishtar/Innana were love goddesses, their lover was Tammuz, so how do they relate Semiramis who Icke tells us was a virgin queen?

and why does he always refer to Satan which is a Hebrew word when describing rituals of Mesopotamian origin.

Listening to Icke and then researching other sources leaves me with the uneasy feeling he is bending or misinterpreting the historical record to fit his World view. He certainly would not be the first to fall into that trap; he's very influential and because of this it's important he gets his facts straight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WhbP...layer_embedded

Last edited by vagrant; 15-02-2012 at 04:58 PM.
vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #9
rapunzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagrant View Post
I've just finished watching a David Icke video featured on today's Headlines page and was left wandering about these very same questions. David in his public lectures (see vid) seems to be perpetuating these inaccuracies; does he know something we don't or is he just plain wrong?

In the same video he also claims Santa Claus is Satan (Santa/Satan) which is more misinformation IMO.

Ishtar/Innana were love goddesses, their lover was Tammuz, so how do they relate Semiramis who Icke tells us was a virgin queen?

and why does he always refer to Satan which is a Hebrew word when describing rituals of Mesopotamian origin.

Listening to Icke and then researching other sources leaves me with the uneasy feeling he is bending or misinterpreting the historical record to fit his World view. He certainly would not be the first to fall into that trap; he's very influential and because of this it's important he gets his facts straight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WhbP...layer_embedded
I have to say Icke is wrong although undoubtedly he believes what he is saying. He is just repeating something he has read somewhere else and he has not bothered to check the facts. There was no Trinity in Babylon and much else that is in that video is just false. What a shame since the people there seem to hang on to his every word.

A religion without a Goddess is 50% atheistic - unknown

"What have you done to the cat, Erwin? He looks half dead."
- Mrs. Schrödinger.
rapunzel is online now   Reply With Quote