Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 25-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #41
theabominablephenomenon
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngr View Post
My money would be on the rave thing being a 100% Tavistock creation, as the 1960s music revolution most certainly was, the big difference being that at least some of the 60s stuff was half-way decent.
Well the music certainly wasn't.
It was the result of people experimenting with new devices such as the Roland TB303 bassline, the 808 drum machine and 101 keyboards in addition to samplers. Though much of it was pioneered by Kraftwerk, they used tape to create their loops, originally.

It's possible that the influx of Es was a psyop like LSD is considered to be.
Who cares? It was fucking ace!
theabominablephenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 04:52 PM   #42
deckard75

Quote:
Originally Posted by theabominablephenomenon View Post
It's possible that the influx of Es was a psyop like LSD is considered to be.
Who cares? It was fucking ace!
Whistle possie anyone? (ok that's my last one)

Carl Cox, 1990, Amnesia

Happy Days
Old 25-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #43
vagrant

What is depressing is reading in this forum how wonderful everything woz in the 80s and 90s and how everything has gone down hill and how the music and the drugs are not the same as it woz in my day blah blah blah......

The problem is the people posting that crap are getting old, they had their day and now they are passed it and cant be bothered to get their arse up from the sofa on a Saturday night and go find a party.

Sometimes this forum sounds like its inhabited by OAPs. The rave scene never went away, if its changed its because like everything else its evolving with times, which would be good advice for the old timers who are stuck in their own little time bubbles.
vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #44
deckard75

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagrant View Post
What is depressing is reading in this forum how wonderful everything woz in the 80s and 90s and how everything has gone down hill and how the music and the drugs are not the same as it woz in my day blah blah blah......

The problem is the people posting that crap are getting old, they had their day and now they are passed it and cant be bothered to get their arse up from the sofa on a Saturday night and go find a party.

Sometimes this forum sounds like its inhabited by OAPs. The rave scene never went away, if its changed its because like everything else its evolving with times, which would be good advice for the old timers who are stuck in their own little time bubbles.
Glasgow Subclub is still good
(but yeah, I'm now an OAP)

Is Carl Cox too old for you too?
Sorry I'll shut up & let the young ones play.

Sat 5 May 2012, The Arches, Glasgow, Carl Cox presents Revolution Recruits
If you're in town

Last edited by deckard75; 25-01-2012 at 05:09 PM.
deckard75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 05:10 PM   #45
theabominablephenomenon
Inactive

Quote:

Yeh, but the rave scene did go downhill drastically. The music got bastardised and the scene shifted from parties being put on just for enjoyment to them turning into huge corporate ventures charging 3 for bottles of water.
There are good new drugs, and still good stuff to go to... it's just the rave scene that went shit.
Old 25-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #46
dubmeup
Banned

Quote:

Be under no illusion as to the effect that the Criminal Justice Act had on the 'scene'. Something that started off as anarchy personified very quickly became tame and corporate. If that observation makes me an old fart then oh well
dubmeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #47
zegzy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckard75 View Post
Glasgow Subclub is still good
(but yeah, I'm now an OAP)

Is Carl Cox too old for you too?
Sorry I'll shut up & let the young ones play.

Sat 5 May 2012, The Arches, Glasgow, if you're in town
Metropolis in Ayr, most called it the Metro, was great back in the 90s. Live Bands, some great DJs and friendly crowd every weekend, usually always full to capacity. I've no idea if it is still opened today though. Hangar 13, also Ayr was more hardcore and was shut down (lost its licence) due to too much violence and ODs in the vicinity and outside afterwards. Ever go to either of them?
zegzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #48
jaylox

Default Was there myself,ist time i ever went to cambridge

MUST ADMIT THO THE NORTHERN CLUBS WERE LOADS BETTER THAN DOWN SOUTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalgain View Post
It was all about Eclipse

http://vimeo.com/14382968
I USED TO DJ AT THE ECLIPSE IN STOCKTON AND SUNDERLANDS AFTERDARK/BLUE MONKEY AND MOST OF THE CLUBS IN THE NORTH EAST.
BLUE MONKEY RAVE VID

I DONT BELIEVE FOR A SECOND ABOUT NWO OR ANY OTHER DODGY THEORY,IT WAS JUST A GENERATION OF KIDS HAVING WHAT IMO WAS THE BEST ERA SEEN IN DECADES.20 QUID FOR A LOVE DOVE....A BARGAIN!!!
JUST HAVING 1 OF THOSE AND YOU COULD FALL IN LOVE WITH A LAMP POST LOL
SHELLYS LAZERDOME 90'S ISH

RAVE DOCUMENTARY

CHECK THE NWO GURNER LOL 32 SECS PMSL MAYBE HES A REPTILIAN LOL

UP HERE THERE WAS NEVER ANY TROUBLE JUST PEOPLE HAVING AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE,IM 40 NOW AND WHAT ID GIVE JUST TO GO BACK TO THE 89-96 ERA.

THE KIDS THESE DAYS ARE INTO KET AND STUFF THAT SOUNDS LIKE WILL PROBABLY DO SOME DAMAGE TO THEM...

MAYBE BY 2020 A NEW SCENE WILL COME ALONG,,FFS THE KIDS NEED SOMETHING BETTER THAN THE DRUNKEN BORING SHITE THEY HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THESE DAYS,FUCK ME THEY CANT EVEN HAVE A FAG WITHOUT FREEZING THEIR NUTS OFF.

Last edited by merlincove; 25-01-2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: derogatory term
jaylox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #49
vagrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubmeup View Post
Be under no illusion as to the effect that the Criminal Justice Act had on the 'scene'. Something that started off as anarchy personified very quickly became tame and corporate. If that observation makes me an old fart then oh well

Anarchy is an illusion, it is the limit to which TPTB are willing to tollerate, it's the line in the sand beyond which everything must be authorized. The line shifts with the times and is redrawn, the cycle then repeats itself, spiraling into an ever tighter vortex.

Corporate media will always pick up the slack; virtual anarchism continues to thrive in warehouse parties every weekend in major metropolitan zones for freethinking and enlightened minds who can be bothered to find them, no age limit on admission.
Old 25-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #50
dubmeup
Banned

Quote:
Anarchy is an illusion, it is the limit to which TPTB are willing to tollerate, it's the line in the sand beyond which everything must be authorized. The line shifts with the times and is redrawn, the cycle then repeats itself, spiraling into an ever tighter vortex.

Corporate media will always pick up the slack; virtual anarchism continues to thrive in warehouse parties every weekend in major metropolitan zones for freethinking and enlightened minds who can be bothered to find them, no age limit on admission.
Best we don't derail the thread into anarchy I agree in so far as everything is illusion but within that illusion I disagree with the bold bit.

Yeah there are still free parties both in town and country. Not quite like Castlemorton though eh

Last edited by dubmeup; 25-01-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 25-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #51
skabbymuff

Old 25-01-2012, 06:03 PM   #52
deckard75

Quote:
Originally Posted by zegzy View Post
Metropolis in Ayr, most called it the Metro, was great back in the 90s. Live Bands, some great DJs and friendly crowd every weekend, usually always full to capacity. I've no idea if it is still opened today though. Hangar 13, also Ayr was more hardcore and was shut down (lost its licence) due to too much violence and ODs in the vicinity and outside afterwards. Ever go to either of them?
Was well aware of them but wasn't my crowd I'm now very sorry to say. Was too busy running round Glasgow trying to look cool at Tin Pan, Fury's & Joe Paps. Then The Tunnel opened. Then I left Glasgow to work away.

There was always talk of going to The Metro & some made it. Some mates travelled to the commercial raves like Fantazia but sadly I was doing my own thing by then.

Glad you made it
Old 25-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #53
deckard75

Quote:
Originally Posted by skabbymuff View Post
Great clip

Also shows some of the bad press it all got. Too many young people enjoying themselves together on that strange music.
Old 25-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #54
theabominablephenomenon
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckard75 View Post
Some mates travelled to the commercial raves like Fantazia but sadly I was doing my own thing by then.
Now that was a load of shit.

I got a freebie to the one at G-Mex in Manchester (big converted railway station) - free booze etc.
You could hear the music (which was very twee anyway) twice. Once from the soundsystem, and again after it bounced off the wall back to the crowd, completely out of time. It was around this point when I started to take a dim view of ravers, who seemed so out of their heads on drugs it didn't even seem to matter that the music was an incoherent mess.
Old 25-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #55
dantesrevival
Banned

Quote:
I used to go to Club Dog then later Mega Dog at Holloway Bloomin marvellous nights. The mix of DJs and live acts. Superb!
Never liked megadog, club dog was much better as you could do wtf yu wated at the roby, saw Ozick a few times, last time had so much speed and Valium I was rooted to the spot for hours lol, oh to be young
dantesrevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #56
vagrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by theabominablephenomenon View Post
........... It was around this point when I started to take a dim view of ravers, who seemed so out of their heads on drugs it didn't even seem to matter that the music was an incoherent mess.

Much of modern electronic dance music is produced with the deliberate intention that it should be chemically enhanced. What is an incoherent mess to one person can be a state of blissed out samadhi to another.

We all vibrate at different frequencies, that is the reason there are so many musical styles. It helps to recognize this fact so we can begin to appreciate music that is not at first pleasing to our own ears, particularly if we only respond to a narrow band in the spectrum.

The same principle applies to the drugs we choose to take, here again some music is designed to work best with specific chemicals and we all have our own favorites, the fact that someone is not behaving in a way that meets your approval is irrelavent.

Remaining open to our own preferences and to that of others enables us to become more tolerant in a highly diversified often repressive culture, and in doing so promotes good vibes everywhere. Rave on.
Old 25-01-2012, 07:02 PM   #57
dubmeup
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantesrevival View Post
Never liked megadog, club dog was much better as you could do wtf yu wated at the roby, saw Ozick a few times, last time had so much speed and Valium I was rooted to the spot for hours lol, oh to be young
I agree that Club Dog was the better. It was intimate, something that was lost in the move to Holloway road. All the same though, Mega Dog was still bloody ace
It's nice to think that we were probably both there at the time and are now chattin on here Heck I was probably freakin right next to you on speed and LSD when you were rooted to the spot!

Oh yeah, earlier I forgot to mention: Banco De Gaia Maya Awesome

Last edited by dubmeup; 25-01-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old 25-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #58
theabominablephenomenon
Inactive

Quote:
Much of modern electronic dance music is produced with the deliberate intention that it should be chemically enhanced. What is an incoherent mess to one person can be a state of blissed out samadhi to another.

We all vibrate at different frequencies, that is the reason there are so many musical styles. It helps to recognize this fact so we can begin to appreciate music that is not at first pleasing to our own ears, particularly if we only respond to a narrow band in the spectrum.

The same principle applies to the drugs we choose to take, here again some music is designed to work best with specific chemicals and we all have our own favorites, the fact that someone is not behaving in a way that meets your approval is irrelavent.

Remaining open to our own preferences and to that of others enables us to become more tolerant in a highly diversified often repressive culture, and in doing so promotes good vibes everywhere. Rave on.
I've no problem with what anybody likes music wise... but if you listen to a dance tune and then hear it reflecting off the wall out of sync it just sounds a mess! It's like a bad mix. Yet people dance away seemingly unaware...

Certain bandwidths of frequencies switch on different parts of the brain, which is altered by drugs.
Old 25-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #59
dantesrevival
Banned

Quote:
I agree that Club Dog was the better. It was intimate, something that was lost in the move to Holloway road. All the same though, Mega Dog was still bloody ace
It's nice to think that we were probably both there at the time and are now chattin on here Heck I was probably freakin right next to you on speed and LSD when you were rooted to the spot!

Oh yeah, earlier I forgot to mention: Banco De Gaia Maya Awesome
Well if you knew any of the Geordie lot then we may have met
dantesrevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 07:41 PM   #60
dubmeup
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantesrevival View Post
Well if you knew any of the Geordie lot then we may have met
There was always Geordies at club dog when I went. I remember chatting to a few, outside mostly, sat on a picnic table. For some reason, it's all a bit vague though