Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Nutrition / Diet / Alternative Therapies / Healing
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 14-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
shaftingshafting
Inactive

Default Bicarbonate of Soda and Glycerin bad for teeth?

ok

ive been reading tons and tons of stuff.

apparently, the only person who has said glycerin is bad for your teeth is someone called Dr Judd, and apparently its spread like wildfire all over the web.

Is this actually true or not?

how can natural vegetable glycerin be bad for you?

if i eat vegetables, they are good for me, so how can vegetable glycerin be bad for your teeth? how exactly does it leave a coating on your teeth that prevents tooth remineralization? Coconut oil is a natural provider of glycerin and its proven to be a good thing, yet this Judd guy said glycerin is bad? what the fuck is going on?

Also, i've read conflicting views of Bicarbonate of soda. Some say its excellent for cleaning teeth and can be used every day.

While others are saying its too harsh and abrasive on teeth and can erode your enamel?

there is one woman on youtube, who has used homemade toothpaste with bicarbonate of soda with vegetable glycerin all her life, she is over 40 and she has perfect teeth.

So who is telling the truth here?

this stuff is fucking confusing.

I can understand the SLS, flouride and parabens being bad for you, but how the fuck do you find a decent toothpaste then?

any suggestions?

i've been using Sarakan recently, but apparently its got a paraben ingredient in it which is not recommended. The same with the Sarakan mouthwash which has CPC in it.

the vicco toothpowder sounds good as its 100% natural.

Im thinking of makin my own toothpaste, but keep getting fucked by the bicarbonate of soda and glycerin question.

these are some of the ingredients ive been looking at using.

bicarbonate of soda, pure coconut oil, xylitol, pure peppermint oil, pure oil of oregano, pure cinnamon oil, stevia, salvador persica extract (cant find this anywhere), clove oil, pure spearmint oil, Myrrh pure oil, eucalyptus oil pure, neem seed oil.

Last edited by shaftingshafting; 14-01-2012 at 10:23 PM.
shaftingshafting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #2
ant777uk

Weleda make really good natural toothpastes...

If you want a good minty mouthwash...mix up some hydrogen peroxide (3 or 6%) with water and mint essential oil. And you can add bicarbonate also...

Even though it is alkaline I would not have thought bicarbonate would erode your teeth...
ant777uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
zhuangzi

Just stop eating them SWEETS and CHOCOLATE and them teeth won't need brushing
zhuangzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #4
shaftingshafting
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuangzi View Post
Just stop eating them SWEETS and CHOCOLATE and them teeth won't need brushing
i dont eat sweets or chocolates!

im just wanting the best cleaning method for my teeth.

it seems every fucking person on the web is a professor in natural ingredients its hard to tell who is bullshitting and who is being honest.
Old 14-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
shaftingshafting
Inactive

anyone tried this

http://users.sa.chariot.net.au/~dna/...aste/index.htm
Old 14-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #6
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaftingshafting View Post

it seems every fucking person on the web is a professor in natural ingredients its hard to tell who is bullshitting and who is being honest.
One natural tooth cleaning technique and used in places like India is chewing Neem twigs, mastication produces the natural bicarbonates in your saliva and the Neem has the natural antibiotics to kill the germs.
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #7
silverwand
Banned

Quote:

Oh that's so true, I know what you mean as i've come across a few bullshitters/think-they-know-it-alls especially within the last year. I use Bicarb and I sometimes use Sarakan (although I might not use Sarakan anymore after what you said). I've never had any problems with my teeth and on my rare dentist trips i get told they are perfect
silverwand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 11:20 PM   #8
shiyoken

My teeth never seem to get white. Maybe I need to keep at it and stop eating really well for weeks and then have a day or longer on shit foods. I was reading that when you have raw vegan diet or raw foods in general your teeth lowers some kind of protective barrier, which it put up due to cooked, toxic, SAD foods etc... Then when you relapse on the bad foods for a while, it becomes like the 'Trojan horse' in your mouth, little defensive and straight in for the attack.

Thats why I find people who start to get raw foods, high fruit and all, unmask all the health implications that have been masked. But while still in transition mode, they eat the bad foods again and can get shockingly worst. Then they blame it on the fruit.

At the moment, I've just stuck with Bicarb. Though, not sure if it makes things better or worst but the other day, I squeezed some lemon while having some bicarb in my mouth, it reacted and obviously fizzed up etc... So I started brushing with it afterwards and It did feel really clean. Not sure on the consequences though.

Last edited by shiyoken; 14-01-2012 at 11:23 PM.
shiyoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 12:02 AM   #9
shaftingshafting
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwand View Post
Oh that's so true, I know what you mean as i've come across a few bullshitters/think-they-know-it-alls especially within the last year. I use Bicarb and I sometimes use Sarakan (although I might not use Sarakan anymore after what you said). I've never had any problems with my teeth and on my rare dentist trips i get told they are perfect
thats my predicament too, one person says one thing, another says something else, completing contradicting many "natural" solutions.

as for the Sarakan, this is the ingredients. I need to get this clarified too. I'm still using this for now as its been pretty decent.

Toothpaste: Glycerin (non-animal), Calcium Carbonate, Aqua. Magnesium Carbonate, Salvadora-persica natural extract, Mentha piperita, Mentha arvensis, Eugenia caryophyllus, Geranium, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Phosphate, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, CI 77491.
Toothpaste 50ml Vegan.

Someone alleges that the CI 77491 is a "paraben" which mimics oestregen? not sure what this ingredient is. I think its a colouring or something? maybe someone knows? Im going to email Lanes Health the manufacturers of Sarakan to find out.

from this webpage http://www.ethiscore.org/info.aspx?i...ull/toothpaste

it says this

"Parabens are used as a preservative in common brands such as Clinomyn, Theramed and Ultabrite. They are even used in alternative brand Sarakan, but not in Bioforce, Green People, Jason Natural, Kingfisher, Tom's of Maine or Weleda.(5) Parabens are oestrogen mimics, which can penetrate the skin and have been linked to breast and testicular cancer and sperm count reduction."

http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredie...ngred06=717858

Last edited by shaftingshafting; 15-01-2012 at 12:03 AM.
Old 15-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #10
the white knight

I have just bought some Coral White toothpaste being free of most of all the nasties aswell as glycerin.

Whoops i forgot to show the ingredients. is there any in the toothpaste that is bad for you.

Calcium Carbonate (Coral Minerals), Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf Extract, Xylitol, Hydrastis Canadenis (Golden Seal) Extract, Cingko Biloba, Panax Ginseng (Ginseng) Root Extract, Echinacea Angustifolia (Echinacea) Extract, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Leaf Oil, Sorbitol, Aqua (Purified Water), Hydrated Silica, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Cellulose Gum

Last edited by the white knight; 15-01-2012 at 04:10 PM.
the white knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 04:10 PM   #11
zhuangzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiyoken View Post
My teeth never seem to get white. Maybe I need to keep at it and stop eating really well for weeks and then have a day or longer on shit foods.
Apply them TIPEX?
zhuangzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #12
the lost

I wouldnt know for sure but i think bicarb could be too abrasive, as its a really good cleaner for other items. I use it but never daily.

Im not sure lemon is a good idea as its acidic (though i know tht changes when digested.)

Ive heard salt is good as its antisceptic (good at cleaning cuts etc) and maybe anti bacterial.
the lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #13
silverwand
Banned

Quote:
thats my predicament too, one person says one thing, another says something else, completing contradicting many "natural" solutions.

as for the Sarakan, this is the ingredients. I need to get this clarified too. I'm still using this for now as its been pretty decent.

Toothpaste: Glycerin (non-animal), Calcium Carbonate, Aqua. Magnesium Carbonate, Salvadora-persica natural extract, Mentha piperita, Mentha arvensis, Eugenia caryophyllus, Geranium, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Phosphate, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, CI 77491.
Toothpaste 50ml Vegan.

Someone alleges that the CI 77491 is a "paraben" which mimics oestregen? not sure what this ingredient is. I think its a colouring or something? maybe someone knows? Im going to email Lanes Health the manufacturers of Sarakan to find out.

from this webpage http://www.ethiscore.org/info.aspx?i...ull/toothpaste

it says this

"Parabens are used as a preservative in common brands such as Clinomyn, Theramed and Ultabrite. They are even used in alternative brand Sarakan, but not in Bioforce, Green People, Jason Natural, Kingfisher, Tom's of Maine or Weleda.(5) Parabens are oestrogen mimics, which can penetrate the skin and have been linked to breast and testicular cancer and sperm count reduction."

http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredie...ngred06=717858
Thanks for the info

Last edited by silverwand; 17-01-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 17-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #14
silverwand
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuangzi View Post
Apply them TIPEX?
Ha ha
Old 17-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #15
silverwand
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the white knight View Post
I have just bought some Coral White toothpaste being free of most of all the nasties aswell as glycerin.

Whoops i forgot to show the ingredients. is there any in the toothpaste that is bad for you.

Calcium Carbonate (Coral Minerals), Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf Extract, Xylitol, Hydrastis Canadenis (Golden Seal) Extract, Cingko Biloba, Panax Ginseng (Ginseng) Root Extract, Echinacea Angustifolia (Echinacea) Extract, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Leaf Oil, Sorbitol, Aqua (Purified Water), Hydrated Silica, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Cellulose Gum
Can you please tell me where you bought Coral White toothpaste from White Knight? I might give it a try myself
Old 17-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #16
shaftingshafting
Inactive

here is what Lanes health products wrote back regarding sarakan toothpaste and mouthwash ingredients.

Quote:
Thank you for your email.

CI77491 is red iron oxide and was used to give the toothpaste its pink colour. However, we have removed this from the formula sometime ago. The product does not contain parabens either.

Cetylpyridinium chloride (CPC) is a cationic quaternary ammonium compound in some types of mouthwashes, toothpastes, lozenges, throat sprays, breath sprays, and nasal sprays. It is an antiseptic that kills bacteria and other microorganisms. It has been shown to be effective in preventing dental plaque and reducing gingivitis.

I hope this helps and thank you for your interest in Lanes’ products.

regards

Last edited by shaftingshafting; 17-01-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old 20-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #17
silverwand
Banned

Quote:
here is what Lanes health products wrote back regarding sarakan toothpaste and mouthwash ingredients.
Thanks for posting this Have you decided what to do regarding Sarakan?
Old 21-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #18
jamseyp5

Hi There

I like to use ordinary olive oil soap to brush my teeth, its amazing how clean it gets them.

I also use bicarb a couple of times a week and hydrogen peroxide to rinse round my mouth. I also use vicco tooth powder - that cured some mild halitosis I had.

You could also try oil pulling
jamseyp5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 08:38 PM   #19
shaftingshafting
Inactive

Quote:
Thanks for posting this Have you decided what to do regarding Sarakan?
yeah, at the moment, still sticking with the sarakan toothpaste and mouthwash for now. I am used to the sarakan toothpaste and mouthwash now, they seem to be reasonably good, but the ingredients in the mouthwash are questionable. Putting in an ingredient which can be used as a floor cleaner in your mouth is a bit fucked up!

im thinking of changing to some or all of these, and alternating every few days.

1.) baking soda with xylitol and essential oils like coconut, oregano, cinnamon, peppermint, spearmint, and some others

2.) baking soda with grapefruitseed extract, apparently this is good for gums,teeth. Some guy on youtube uses this (nutribiotic brand which is 70% glycerin and 30% grapefruit seed extract). The glycerin thing though is an issue though. He however says its not an issue, neither is baking soda.

3.) Uncle Harry's toothpaste and toothpowder, and mouthwash. Can't find this in UK though. http://www.uncleharrys.com/store/index.php/cPath/48_56

4.) Phytoshield toothpaste - from New Zealand but you can buy it in UK, apparently its recommended by many holistic dentists.

5.) Vicco natural Toothpowder.

6.) Oil Pulling with Pure Olive Oil, and some other oils like Oregano with Olive, and some others.

Maybe its best to try all of these, so you get the benefit of all of them at least once a week.

Any other suggestions?

Still not sure on the glycerin prevents remineralization theory.

This woman here is over 40, and has brushed with baking soda and vegetable glycerin all her life and she has perfect teeth, go figure. Obviously someone must know whether glycerin and baking soda are really bad for your teeth.

If this woman has used it all her life and has never had a cavity, then how does this Judd guy's theory hold up??

seriously, im fucked at the moment trying to figure out the best solution.

Last edited by shaftingshafting; 21-01-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old 21-01-2012, 08:48 PM   #20
shaftingshafting
Inactive

Quote:
Can you please tell me where you bought Coral White toothpaste from White Knight? I might give it a try myself
someone is selling on amazon

you can also get it here. but its fucking pricey.
http://www.goodhealthnaturally.com/p...al_toothpaste/

I might try it as well.