Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 14-11-2011, 12:15 PM   #1
alienbiketrail

Default Why do people seem to get mean as they age.

This may just be the particular situations I have been exposed to but what I have noticed is that while being around seniors they seem to get meaner when they get old.

I would think it would be the opposite and they would mellow and become friendly and good hearted.

While doing some volunteer work I have noticed the majority of seniors seem to become very hateful and self centered,selfish,and grumpy in general.

And act as if people should tolerate them and consider their personal wishes more important than anyone else and that the world revolves around them.

This is funny to me in a way and wonder if this is just the fact their minds have become closed in a way and that makes them hateful.

Has anyone here had any first hand experience with this or have some thoughts on this one way or the other. Thanks
alienbiketrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 12:29 PM   #2
jconnar

Maybe the reason being the older they get, the more belief ridden their subconscious becomes. Being in time, the longer in time, the more beliefs held onto.
jconnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 12:31 PM   #3
dubmeup
Banned

It's not my experience. I see no correlation with meanness and age.

Last edited by dubmeup; 14-11-2011 at 12:32 PM.
dubmeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 12:34 PM   #4
machine
Banned

We've had more experiencing at listening to bullshit, that's why.
machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #5
dubmeup
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by machine View Post
We've had more experiencing at listening to bullshit, that's why.
I was hoping you'd post with that avatar
Old 14-11-2011, 12:37 PM   #6
margaretr

I am a senior -69 in a week or two.
I do know 'seniors' who are the way you describe, and a few middle aged folk too.
It seems to be related to the degree of ill health they have ie. how much pain they bear every day.

Not all sick people have this 'I am a victim' mentality, but many do, and since oldies are a large proportion of the sick it gives the impression you describe.
margaretr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #7
kpcresta

I would say that it is the particular situations that you happened to be in and exposed to at those times.

I am a support worker in the Aged Care industry and currently studying nursing part time.

I do various 'in-home' services for my clients. Domestic assistance, social support, personal care etc.

Out of all the clients I have had maybe 10% have come across as rude, obnoxious, believes society owes them something back.

The majority of my clients are kind-hearted and I get along with well and have developed and excellent rapport with.

Unfortunately you just get a few 'bad apples'....
kpcresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 12:43 PM   #8
dubmeup
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpcresta View Post
I would say that it is the particular situations that you happened to be in and exposed to at those times.

I am a support worker in the Aged Care industry and currently studying nursing part time.

I do various 'in-home' services for my clients. Domestic assistance, social support, personal care etc.

Out of all the clients I have had maybe 10% have come across as rude, obnoxious, believes society owes them something back.

The majority of my clients are kind-hearted and I get along with well and have developed and excellent rapport with.

Unfortunately you just get a few 'bad apples'....
Spot on
Old 14-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #9
griffinman

Pity us, we had to go through school without google or wikipedia
Old 14-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #10
beldazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienbiketrail View Post
This may just be the particular situations I have been exposed to but what I have noticed is that while being around seniors they seem to get meaner when they get old.

I would think it would be the opposite and they would mellow and become friendly and good hearted.

While doing some volunteer work I have noticed the majority of seniors seem to become very hateful and self centered,selfish,and grumpy in general.

And act as if people should tolerate them and consider their personal wishes more important than anyone else and that the world revolves around them.

This is funny to me in a way and wonder if this is just the fact their minds have become closed in a way and that makes them hateful.

Has anyone here had any first hand experience with this or have some thoughts on this one way or the other. Thanks
Maybe it has something to do with calcification of the pineal gland?
I was reading up about melatonin levels, the pineal, altzheimers, ASD etc... yesterday and apparently melatonin can help with these.

My mum has actually got a lot milder as she has aged, I think it's because she is a lot less stressed (well with 6 daughters whatdo you expect! ) but she does have days when she is tired or unwell and gets rather crabby.
But where's my excuse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sipD...layer_embedded
beldazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 12:54 PM   #11
dolores1

I have found instances of this, kind people suddenly becoming mean and begrudging. Only a few and it was not linked to pain. It appears to be linked to stress, where their family are putting them under strain. e.g. alcholic sons.
Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.

Haile Selassie, former Emperor of Ethiopia (1892-1975
dolores1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #12
magenta_moonshadow

Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy

I think that the older we get, the less likely we are to suffer fools gladly, and the more likely we are to see through the bullshit and tell it like it is...I wouldn't call it being meaner, but rather a realist, LOL!

Of course, this only applies in response to other peoples actions, I don't advocate grumpy older people shouting out random things at passers-by!
'Occam's Razor' - 'The simplest explanation is the likeliest one.' However, on this forum, not only does Occam not shave, but his balls haven't even dropped yet...
magenta_moonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 01:16 PM   #13
jikwan

my experience (england) was theyre ok if
you dont mention whats wrong in the world
these days. but as soon as you do-the floodgates open
and they moan and complain
it just may be that the 'old days' were quite enjoyable.
quite comfortable-compared to now
and they are aware of the difference in the quality of life

and its something to complain about. everything is worse
jikwan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 01:21 PM   #14
dubmeup
Banned

They get mean cos their arthritic fingers can't type 'free sex chat' into a browser.
Old 14-11-2011, 01:22 PM   #15
magenta_moonshadow

Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy

Have you ever seen that UK magazine for older people, called 'Yours'?

Does anyone think that there should be a special edition for the extremely grumpy ones, called 'Up Yours'?
'Occam's Razor' - 'The simplest explanation is the likeliest one.' However, on this forum, not only does Occam not shave, but his balls haven't even dropped yet...

Last edited by magenta_moonshadow; 14-11-2011 at 01:24 PM.
magenta_moonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 01:24 PM   #16
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by magenta_moonshadow View Post
I think that the older we get, the less likely we are to suffer fools gladly, and the more likely we are to see through the bullshit and tell it like it is...I wouldn't call it being meaner, but rather a realist, LOL!

Of course, this only applies in response to other peoples actions, I don't advocate grumpy older people shouting out random things at passers-by!
+1 Haha

I Am Warrior, Queen Tantrum
armoured_amazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 01:41 PM   #17
anyuser

Quote:

these type of people you describe are arrogand bastards who fucked off their life basically and think they exist to fuck over others. That is my experience with the type of people you describe. I had one the other day I was talking to and he said "shut up, im trying to watch the tele". I almost walked off and left saying asshole but I decided to give it 30 minutes, realizing that that person was the same 2 years ago when I last seen him. I plan on seeing him one more time as he lives by by friend (next door), then I am moving so i don't recon I will see him again as I won't be going to my friends house anymore as it will be too far away.

Anyways, my so called piece of shit dad is the same way. Anyways, my answer is fuck you, I don't want to be around you. You won't even take any behavioral classes to make u better because you insist on being an asshole your whole life and claim that you don't have a problem. The bible speaks of these people also, however I don't remember what it says about them other than they are bad.

If you want to be good, you will be good. No one made them an asshole, they did it to themselves and if they decide not to change their behavior, disassociation is stated in the bible as being ok as "no one says you have to be around them". Why be around assholes? Get away from them, they will only bring you down!
anyuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 01:54 PM   #18
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyuser View Post
Why be around assholes? Get away from them, they will only bring you down!
Indeed!

I Am Warrior, Queen Tantrum
armoured_amazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 02:19 PM   #19
alienbiketrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyuser View Post
these type of people you describe are arrogand bastards who fucked off their life basically and think they exist to fuck over others. That is my experience with the type of people you describe. I had one the other day I was talking to and he said "shut up, im trying to watch the tele". I almost walked off and left saying asshole but I decided to give it 30 minutes, realizing that that person was the same 2 years ago when I last seen him. I plan on seeing him one more time as he lives by by friend (next door), then I am moving so i don't recon I will see him again as I won't be going to my friends house anymore as it will be too far away.

Anyways, my so called piece of shit dad is the same way. Anyways, my answer is fuck you, I don't want to be around you. You won't even take any behavioral classes to make u better because you insist on being an asshole your whole life and claim that you don't have a problem. The bible speaks of these people also, however I don't remember what it says about them other than they are bad.

If you want to be good, you will be good. No one made them an asshole, they did it to themselves and if they decide not to change their behavior, disassociation is stated in the bible as being ok as "no one says you have to be around them". Why be around assholes? Get away from them, they will only bring you down!
There is more and more of this going on, and your basic down to earth way you have expressed yourself is very moving.

And in a way makes me sad you went through this.

My grandfather was very cold natured and self absorbed and a people user.My mom bent over backwards trying to please him and caused many tense moments.Where as I thought to myself he was not worth the effort she made to help him.
alienbiketrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 02:33 PM   #20
curtaincat
Banned

Quote:

I think that they all had hopes and dreams when they were younger, and as time went by... b4 they knew it .. they got old, and kinda gave up... and then they just thought, fuch the younger generation, they got everything like i-phones and stuff, maybe they got jealous , but they got pissed off.

The old folks want to live in the old days when life was a lot simpler without all the rules that they have today. It was a kinder society. There are too many rules now.
I do feel very sorry for the old folks cos today really sucks for them.

But, at the same time.. they should not be meaner... they should try to be nice to the young ones who are actually living in a worse time.

Maybe.. the oldies are a bit scared, and that brings out the "mean" in them.

Otherwise, they have no excuse... a lovely smile from an oldie can brighten up a young persons day!
curtaincat is offline   Reply With Quote