Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 29-08-2011, 05:02 AM   #1
302bluefog
Banned

Default Welcome to the Ghettos of America (Google Maps)

I have been in all these Hoods, they are all close to wear I live...Middle (North East Coast)

There are Hood's all over this country but you will see in the pics that some are alot worse then others. Some factors to include are Decay, Drug Spots, Infrastructure (failure), Murder Rate, Ect. It could be anywhere from Trailer Parks, Ghettos, The Slum or just areas that lost manufacturing jobs and the town went under in only a few years.

Im going to start local since I been thru these area's and seen all the Projects with my own eyes this week, i was out here and just wanted to show yall & City-Data.com what it is like...

WARNING: Wilmington has higher violent crime rates than Trenton, Camden, and Compton, CA. ...

Wilmington Delaware (A place to be somebody)

Riverside

South bridge

(North Side) Market Street

Wild West Side ops:

Last edited by 302bluefog; 29-08-2011 at 05:21 AM.
302bluefog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 05:07 AM   #2
302bluefog
Banned

Chester Pennsylvania (South of Philadelphia on I95)

:arrow: I95

Notice the Young Kid in the very last Pic how sad
Old 29-08-2011, 05:16 AM   #3
302bluefog
Banned

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...-71619792.html
http://www.xianet.net/2011/02/the-mo...es-of-america/
http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/sta...dangerous-city

^Most of Camden looks like the Last pic but google maps dont show all the bad parts...

Last edited by 302bluefog; 29-08-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 29-08-2011, 04:15 PM   #4
amercury

LOL I live near all these 'hoods' too.

I lived in Wilmington for many years been through some of those neighborhoods you posted and was never a victim of crime.

So what is your point? Every city has nice areas, OK areas, and ghettos.
amercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 04:20 PM   #5
amercury

I do agree Camden is a hell hole though. Drove there once to go to the Sony Center...never again...now I take the ferry from Philly.

Nothing bad happened, but it was scary.

It is sad....the neglect. These are the types of places you get to live when you let the state take care of you.

Last edited by amercury; 29-08-2011 at 04:27 PM.
Old 29-08-2011, 04:22 PM   #6
steppenwolf
Inactive

Location: In the pines, in the pines, where the sun never shines

The hoods in North America are paradise compared to the jumble of patchwork boxes that I saw sprawling around Brazil. Not that I would want to live in the US ghetto but the poverty I saw in South America was shocking.
steppenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #7
302bluefog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amercury View Post
LOL I live near all these 'hoods' too.

I lived in Wilmington for many years been through some of those neighborhoods you posted and was never a victim of crime.

So what is your point? Every city has nice areas, OK areas, and ghettos.
Well I have been coaching basketball for the last 3 years at a High School in Delaware where most of the kids on my team are from inner city Wilmington. I have had to deal with shootings and fights at games. I have had to lock parents in the locker room because of kids getting shot in the crowd. I have had to deal with alot of gun violence and seen good kids turn to victims of poverty. Like one kid this season who is a very nice 15 year old black kid (non thug) from N.O (hurricane katrina victim) moved up here to escape 3rd ward New Orleans and found out Wilmington can be just as dangerous. He got shot with a .45 on Madison St and lived. In the summer I leave my home in the suburbs and go to the city to coach the summer league with my feet on the concrete in the worst parts of Wilmington . Anyway my point is not alot of people realize some of America has worse then 3rd world conditions in some parts. Since I have been all over Jamaica and other 3rd world countrys like Mexico where I absolutely without a doubt felt far more safe. What I have learned is the Media and Drug Culture here in the States create such Evil conditions in the hood that its totally insane. Where in other countrys that are far more poor seem to have more peace and happiness in the bad parts.
Old 29-08-2011, 07:10 PM   #8
302bluefog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steppenwolf View Post
The hoods in North America are paradise compared to the jumble of patchwork boxes that I saw sprawling around Brazil. Not that I would want to live in the US ghetto but the poverty I saw in South America was shocking.
True, South America is way more wild but America is a rich country. We have billions to spend every week on war (for 10 years in a row). Brazil is not fighting wars all over the earth. Here in the states we could easily spend the war budget on poverty and education and the pics i posted would be dust in the wind.
Old 29-08-2011, 07:38 PM   #9
belch

The pictures you have shown are no different to what you would see in the UK. Run down areas best suited to stabbings & muggings.
Slums ? We got them, Drug wars ? We got them. Now we have a "Gun" problem too.
Its great here nowadays compaired to what it used to be like. Thats progress.

Poor Americans eh.

Divnt worry man. You can always dream.

SPECTRE.
belch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 08:11 PM   #10
302bluefog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by belch View Post
The pictures you have shown are no different to what you would see in the UK. Run down areas best suited to stabbings & muggings.
Slums ? We got them, Drug wars ? We got them. Now we have a "Gun" problem too.
Its great here nowadays compaired to what it used to be like. Thats progress.

Poor Americans eh.
The pictures i posted are just random pics off google maps because i know where the bad areas are around here. They are all within 45 minutes of each other. The pics are not fabricated or glorified at all. Anyone can go on google maps and see all this. I cant imagine the hoods of the UK could compare to the U.S but I have only been to Europe one time a few years back. Not that its anything to brag about that our Ghettos are worse then yours. If I went state to state over here posting pictures of all the Hoods it would get out of control and I dont think I have patience to do that. Kids in the U.K idolize alot of the rappers from large housing Projects like Queens Bridge New York, artist like Mobb Deep always talk about going to the U.K and selling out concerts. Sadly we set the trends for your hoods.

Last edited by 302bluefog; 29-08-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Old 29-08-2011, 09:18 PM   #11
steppenwolf
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302bluefog View Post
True, South America is way more wild but America is a rich country. We have billions to spend every week on war (for 10 years in a row). Brazil is not fighting wars all over the earth. Here in the states we could easily spend the war budget on poverty and education and the pics i posted would be dust in the wind.
They could also have work programs where those who are receiving a government check could earn it while learning a trade. Perhaps they could repair these slums that they live in and learn some carpentry skills. Some of them don't even want to try and work because the government has brainwashed them into a victim mentality(you are also correct about the education). It's really sad- a vicious cycle.

I know there are those who really need the help but there are many who are abusing the system; I've witnessed it myself; especially with food stamps. And don't get me started on disability! My uncle busted his ass his entire life; then due to a rare medical condition is paralyzed from the waist down(he has many other health problems as a result). He was repeatedly turned down for disability, finally got it, then got declined again.
Old 29-08-2011, 09:25 PM   #12
supertzar

I don't think you guys have anything like Detroit over there. None of the other industrialized nations do from what I hear.

Old 29-08-2011, 09:54 PM   #13
302bluefog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steppenwolf View Post
They could also have work programs where those who are receiving a government check could earn it while learning a trade. Perhaps they could repair these slums that they live in and learn some carpentry skills. Some of them don't even want to try and work because the government has brainwashed them into a victim mentality(you are also correct about the education). It's really sad- a vicious cycle.

I know there are those who really need the help but there are many who are abusing the system; I've witnessed it myself; especially with food stamps. And don't get me started on disability! My uncle busted his ass his entire life; then due to a rare medical condition is paralyzed from the waist down(he has many other health problems as a result). He was repeatedly turned down for disability, finally got it, then got declined again.
Excellent post I agree with you 100%. Education is the key. Problem is that in my experience working at a public school I realize so many parents are smoking crack that the kids home environment is just to negative to study and learn properly so they really struggle. Kids have moms dead from aids on my team and they live with grandparents who can't discipline them. Plus the entertainment industry promotes dope dealing rap music and most kids can't see past that. It's a viscous cycle for sure.
Old 29-08-2011, 10:03 PM   #14
302bluefog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
I don't think you guys have anything like Detroit over there. None of the other industrialized nations do from what I hear.
True, Detroit and Flint are like ghost towns and Chicago and St Louis are real bad. The pics I posted are just from right around where I stay. North Philly and Trenton are also ruthless for sure. Can't forget about Baltimore which is an hour south of Delaware.
Old 29-08-2011, 10:37 PM   #15
steppenwolf
Inactive

Quote:
Excellent post I agree with you 100%. Education is the key. Problem is that in my experience working at a public school I realize so many parents are smoking crack that the kids home environment is just to negative to study and learn properly so they really struggle. Kids have moms dead from aids on my team and they live with grandparents who can't discipline them. Plus the entertainment industry promotes dope dealing rap music and most kids can't see past that. It's a viscous cycle for sure.
That's really sad. I've known a couple of teachers and I've heard horror stories about these poor kids who are stuck in dysfunctional families. You have a tough job! I hope you can break through some of the programming and make a difference. Rap is a horrible influence. It used to awesome back in the day before the thugs took over the genre.
Old 29-08-2011, 11:06 PM   #16
kappy0405

^^Chicago itself iisn't all that bad anymore, at least compared to what it used to be. In the 70's, 80's, & 90's it probably had the worse ghetto's in the country though. Over the last 15 years or so, they've demolished most of the more notorious ghettos and have upgraded the public housing, even integrating it with mixed income neighborhoods.

Unfortunately, one side effect was that A LOT of the low/no-income families, thugs, & what not have relocated to the satellite cities in the suburbs. Areas in Joliet, Aurora, etc (both 30 miles outside of Chicago) are worse off now than some of the "bad" neighborhoods in Chicago.

People say the problems have gotten better, but they've really just been spread out.
kappy0405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 12:57 AM   #17
amercury

Quote:
Well I have been coaching basketball for the last 3 years at a High School in Delaware where most of the kids on my team are from inner city Wilmington. I have had to deal with shootings and fights at games. I have had to lock parents in the locker room because of kids getting shot in the crowd. I have had to deal with alot of gun violence and seen good kids turn to victims of poverty. Like one kid this season who is a very nice 15 year old black kid (non thug) from N.O (hurricane katrina victim) moved up here to escape 3rd ward New Orleans and found out Wilmington can be just as dangerous. He got shot with a .45 on Madison St and lived. In the summer I leave my home in the suburbs and go to the city to coach the summer league with my feet on the concrete in the worst parts of Wilmington . Anyway my point is not alot of people realize some of America has worse then 3rd world conditions in some parts. Since I have been all over Jamaica and other 3rd world countrys like Mexico where I absolutely without a doubt felt far more safe. What I have learned is the Media and Drug Culture here in the States create such Evil conditions in the hood that its totally insane. Where in other countrys that are far more poor seem to have more peace and happiness in the bad parts.
I've been in some 3rd world countries too and I don't think Wilmington is as bad. Poverty wise anyway, but the street culture may be more violent in the U.S.

Anyway, I applaud you for your work. It is hard to see good kids become victims of their f'd up parents or neighbors. I did a short teaching stint at Nativity Prep (if you know where that is) and it was the most rewarding job I've ever had. Most of the parents there were trying to make their children's lives better though.
Old 30-08-2011, 02:20 AM   #18
302bluefog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amercury;
the street culture may be more violent in the U.S.
That's exactly what is...the teenage killers in Wilmington are on another level, shoot first ask questions last. I had a kid on my team who wore an ankle bracket in games for an attempted homicide. I put him on the team because his mom told me it was his only chance to save him. Then he was doing armed robberies all season long. By the time we found out at the school he was locked up again. I have so many of these stories its crazy.
Old 30-08-2011, 03:51 AM   #19
amercury

Quote:
Well I have been coaching basketball for the last 3 years at a High School in Delaware where most of the kids on my team are from inner city Wilmington.
Have you ever heard of Pastor D...runs a church in Wilm?
Sometimes he speaks at U of DE and he has an amazing story to tell.
Old 30-08-2011, 11:40 AM   #20
302bluefog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amercury View Post
Have you ever heard of Pastor D...runs a church in Wilm?
Sometimes he speaks at U of DE and he has an amazing story to tell.
Yes I know Pastor D he works at the William S. "Hicks" Anderson Community Center over West Side on Madison Street where I coach summer league.

In 2008 he spoke at my friend's funeral at Ebenezar Baptist Church who got shot and killed over $50. He really is an amazing speaker. That was the first time I had ever been to a "Hood Funeral" in the projects. Let's just say it was something I will never forget. It Probably in some way led to me making this thread by opening my eyes to how insanely dangerous the city of Wilmington is. When I got out the car and was walking to the funeral it really blew my mind how crazy that area of Wilmington is. 95% of Delaware residents dont even know what it is like in there. Everyone had yellow almond color eyes and giant beards. It was wild how people smoked weed inside the church and it was standing room only. I had never experienced anything like that before even when i was in the streets of mexico and Jamaica.

Its called "The Bucket" and it basically looks like this...

The neighborhoods in North Wilmington and Northeast Wilmington are notorious for being centers for the East Coast drug trade, and for crimes that are associated with drug problems, such as homicides. While not every neighborhood in these sections of Wilmington are as bad, crime is high enough to keep honest-living people out. The city is trying to change the image of the worst areas but have failed. Riverside is a neighborhood that was developed in 1959 as a housing project for displaced residents of the "Poplar A" project, a relocation project to eliminate slums. The Poplar A slum area was a section of the East Side, east of Center City, along Poplar Street. Riverside, originally called Eastlake Extension, failed mainly because it was meant to be permanent low-income housing

Last edited by 302bluefog; 30-08-2011 at 12:44 PM.