Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Religion
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 29-08-2011, 02:34 AM   #1
naked11
Banned

Default Horus Christ (undeniable proof)

HORUS: TRINITY

The egyptians deified the sun as a trinity of gods -- Osiris, the Father, Horus, the Son, and Ra, the Highest Sun -- each corresponding to at least one of the sun's 3 key positions throughout the day. Osiris represented the *setting* sun, and is reborn as horus, the *rising* sun. Ra, who alone represented the *mid-day* sun completes the trinity as "Ra-Horakty" (translates to "Ra who is Horus of the Two Horizons") the conflation of all three gods and positions of the sun. Horus is associated with the setting sun, because the egyptians considered the son as also being the father. This is why throughout the pyramid texts Horus and Osiris are frequently interchangeable.

HORUS: ANNOINTED ONE

Pyramid Texts Utterance 77
52a. Oil Oil arise open thou; (thou) who art on the forehead of Horus, arise, open thou.
52b. Thou who art on the forehead of Horus, put thyself on the forehead of this N. (pharoah)
52.c Make him sweet with thyself (PERFUMED OIL); glorify him with thyself

Utterance 576
1505.a "N is your seed, Osiris, the pointed
In his name of "Horus of the great green"; "Horus of the chief of spirits".
1511a. "N ANOINTS himself with the best ointment'

HORUS: 3 DAY DEATH AND RESURRECTION

Pyramid Texts Utterance 667
1941b "Oh Horus, this hour of the morning, of this ---THIRD DAY ----, is come, when thou surely passet on to heaven, together with the stars, the imperishable star"

Utterance 556
1382f "this hour of the ---THIRD DAY--- comes, where the father Osiris will be reborn as horus, at the place where the gods are born..."

According to the Ikhernofret Stela (2000 BC) by Richard H. Wilkinson, Osiris' Death and Resurrection was celebrated in a 5 day festival known as the "Passion Plays". He is entombed on the 2nd day, and remains so until the 4th day (3 DAYS) Afterwards, on the 5th day, he is reborn AT DAWN. This is why Horus represented the sun's *rising* position, whereas Osiris represented the sun's *setting* position; Horus is symbolic of Osiris' resurrection/rebirth.

HORUS: STAR IN THE EAST

The Ancient Egyptian Pyramid Texts (Translated by R.O Faulkner)

"You are this LONE STAR that comes forth from the EAST of the sky, and who will surrender himself to Horus of the Netherworld..."

HORUS: TEACHER AT AGE 12

The Second Story of Khamuas (Griffith, F. LI, Stories of the High Priests of Memphis; The Sethon of Herodotus and the Demotic Tales of Khamuas)

"Si-Osiris (son of osiris). Numerous are the marvels that he shall do in Egypt.."

"...I would cast my magic up to Egypt that I might cause the peope of Egypt to pass three days and nights without seeing light except kiki"

"I will not remove my spell, until you have sworn an oath to me not to return up to Egypt."

..."Now when the boy Si-Osiris (son of Osiris) had attained -- 12 YEARS -- it came to pass that there was no [good scribe or learned man] that rivalled him in reading and writing that compels."

HORUS: WALKING ON WATER

In two official translations of the Pyramid Texts Horus is said to have walked on water or is referred to as "LAKE STRIDER"

The Ancient Egyptian Pyramid Texts, James P. Allen 118, 154

The Ancient Egyptian Pyramid Texts, R. O. Faulkner Pg 192

HORUS: 12 APOSTLES + EXORCISM

The Book of Gates
Chapter 3
The Gate of Saa-Set
The Second Division of Tuat

Note: Ra was a solar deity representing the sun's *mid-day* position while Horus represented the sun's *rising* position. By the time of the Book of Gates, Ra had already merged with Horus to represent both positions. In the texts Ra is traversing the underworld in a boat, and in the pyramid texts, it states very clearly that when Horus enters the boat he becomes Ra.

The Book of Gates states: "The 12 worshippers of Ra/Horus who are at peace...They who praised Ra/Horus upon Earth...They who spoke Truth upon Earth (On Ra/Horus' behalf)..."They who UTTERED WORDS OF POWER (exorcism) against Apep, the serpent...and have vanquished Apep for me"

jesus' 12 followers are referred to as "apostles". An apostle is one sent forth as a messenger; one SPREADING TRUTH. According to Matthew 10:1, jesus' apostles also exorcised demonic spirits in his name.

HORUS: EUCHARIST

In Chapter 5 of the Book of Gates, Horus is mentioned as having ANOTHER group of 12 in his service, to who he tells "Live delicatley on the BREAD of HU, and drink ye the Ale of Maat". This ale is later referred to as the "Tchesert Drink" which translates to "Divine Drink".

This concept is reworked in the NT when jesus, at the Eucharist, offers the 12 apostles his body in the form of BREAD and his divine blood in the form of WINE.

HORUS: BAPTISM + EUCHARIST

Book of Gates
Chapter 5
The Gate of Tchetbi
Fourth Division of Tuat

Note: Again, in the Book of Gates Ra is Ra-Horakty (Ra who is Horus of the two Horizons: the sun traveling from one horizon to the other.)

The 12 double headed/jackal headed gods say unto Ra/Horus: -- " Immerse thyself, O Ra, in the holy lake wherein the lord of the gods immersed himself, whereunto the souls of the dead approach not; this is what thou thyself hast commanded. O KHUTI... Their food consisteth of -----BREAD...their vessels are filled with WINE-----

HORUS: VIRGIN MOTHER

1. "In Egypt the epiteths dd.t, rnn.t and hwn.t, 'girl; young woman; VIRGIN', are applied to many goddesses -- e.g Hathor and ISIS WHO HAD NOT HAD SEXUAL INTERCOURSE"

- Dictionary of Deities and Demons in the Bible

Karel van der Toorn PhD, Bob Becking PhD, Pieter W. van der Horst PhD, Erik Hornung PhD, Hans Dieter Betz PhD, Andre Caquot PhD, Jonas C Greenfield PhD, Michael E Stone PhD, Manfred Weipert PhD

2. In a text in the Abydos Temple of Seti 1, Isis herself declares:

"I am the great VIRGIN"

3. Among the glyphs of Denderah, is the depiction of the *non-physiscal* intercourse between Isis and Osiris. The glyphs show Isis sending out her Bah (spirit), Sothis (a hawk), the hawk being inseminated on Osiris' phallus, and then returning back to Isis. Because the sex between Isis and Osiris was non-physical, her virginity wasn't compromised.

The inseminated bird now flies back to Isis

4. It is a well known fact that the greek religion is but a mirror of the egyptian religion e.g Dionysis is actually Osiris, Typhon is actually Set, Hermes is actually Thoth, etc. With that said, the glyph for Virgo is a Virgin holding WHEAT (Bread) and CORN (Spica) as Virgo is the constellation of HARVEST, and this is how the Egyptians depicted Isis:

"Lady of GREEN CROPS, Lady of BREAD, Lady of Abundance..." -- Egyptian Book of the Dead

"It is Sirius (Isis) the beloved daughter, who provides the YEARLY SUSTENANCE (flooding of the Nle for crops) for you in her name of "Year" -- Pyramid Texts

"Sirius (Isis) opener of the Year's flood"

All of the above depictions of Isis refer to Harvest, which is exactly why the Greeks designated their constellation of harvest a VIRGIN.

JESUS: CRUCIFIED ON A TREE

"Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is everyone that hangeth on a TREE" (Gal 3:13)

"Jesus bore our sins in his own body on the TREE, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto rightieousness: by whose stripes ye were healed." (1 Peter 2:24)

"The god of our father raised up, who ye slew and hanged on a TREE." (Acts 5:30)

"And we are witnesses of all the things which jesus did both in the land of the jews, and in Jerusalem; who ye slew and hanged on a TREE" (Acts 10:39)

"And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took jesus down from the TREE and laid him in a sepulchre." (Acts 13:29)

HORUS: CRUCIFIED ON A TREE

HIS MOTHER, ISIS-MERI, ON THE LEFT; HER TWIN SISTER, NEPHTYS-MERI ON THE RIGHT

COMPARE WITH

HIS MOTHER MARY IN THE MIDDLE; HER SISTER MARY OF CLEOPAS ON THE FAR LEFT; MARY MAGADELINE ON THE RIGHT. THIS SCENE IS FROM JOHN 19:25.

Note: Crucifixion, before it had become exclusive to christian context, meant a display or spectacle on a cross, pole, or tree either by execution or symbolic imagery See here: http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Qur...l/crucify.html

The Egyptian Book of the Dead (Ani Papyrus) (RO Faulkner, EBD, pl. 1) shows Horus spectacled in cruciform (arms outstretched) on the combination of the Ankh Cross and Djed Pillar/TREE TRUNK (containing his dead body...osiris' body). The two sisters, Isis-Meri and Nephtys-Meri are at the feet of the figure, just as the two sister Marys in john 19:25. The Ankh Cross represents the Eternal Life that Horus/Osiris achieves through death.
In numerous biblical verses, jesus is said to have died on a tree while tradition holds that it happened on a CROSS. This tree/cross discrepancy, is not really a discrepancy, but rather an accomodation of both the DJED and ANKH, forming the combination in jesus' myth.

HORUS: MORNING STAR

Revelations 22:16
"I, jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright ---MORNING STAR--

Egyptian Book of the Dead Chapter 109 "I know the souls of the easterners, they are Horakhty (horus of the horizons), the sun calf, and the ---MORNING STAR--

Journal of Near Eastern Studies Ro Faulkner Pyramid Texts "O Morning Star, Horus of the Dlet, divine falcon, widwid-bird whom the sky bore..."

HORUS: ADORNED BY 3 KINGS

(John Gardener Wilkinson, Manner and Customs of the Ancient Egyptians, III)

Sokar, Osiris, and Ptah -- 3 kings -- approaching baby Horus in a manger at the Winter Solstice.
naked11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 10:10 PM   #2
ferryman to the dead
Banned

Well I agree but I am sure some fundie is going to interject with their mythology report as well.....
ferryman to the dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 12:23 AM   #3
elirien

Besides all the details, what if Yeheshua and Horus are both understood to be symbols for the sun? The bodies that were both of them had particles which came from the sun. We don't understand what the fuss is all about.

Good Morning, America. Yes your bodies come also from the sun like anything else. No-one needs an education on this obviously, not "even pagan idol worshipers".
elirien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 12:27 AM   #4
ferryman to the dead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elirien View Post
Besides all the details, what if Yeheshua and Horus are both understood to be symbols for the sun? The bodies that were both of them had particles which came from the sun. We don't understand what the fuss is all about.

Good Morning, America. Yes your bodies come also from the sun like anything else. No-one needs an education on this obviously, not "even pagan idol worshipers".
Son of God or Sun of God? Looking at pictures of this fable what do you see behind his head? "The Sun"..............
Old 30-08-2011, 01:07 AM   #5
elirien

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferryman to the dead View Post
Son of God or Sun of God? Looking at pictures of this fable what do you see behind his head? "The Sun"..............
It is behind your head too.
elirien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 08:29 AM   #6
mikel84

Christ=Krist=Krishna
jesus christna
mikel84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 11:19 AM   #7
ferryman to the dead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elirien View Post
It is behind your head too.
Maybe, but the fact of the matter is that this jesus was a motif of other ancient gods and never existed as fact. The only evidence that points to this jesus is the bible loaded with second hand hearsay and written by authors of questionable origin?
Old 30-08-2011, 01:02 PM   #8
drakul

Yeah another newby = someone's CLONE with 3 posts attacking Christianity. Jesus never existed blah blah blah. There are 5 threads a day like this on this site. Mostly based on MASONIC `Astro-theology'.

What they don't tell you about Horus could definitely fill a book. He bears no resemblance to Jesus whatsoever! A few differences:

* Horus was known as the AVENGER. His sole mission was to avenge the murder of his father Osiris by his uncle, Set.

* Horus was a zoomorphic god - he is always shown with the head of a HAWK. A predatory animal.

* Horus cut off his own mother, Isis' HEAD. (It was later replaced with that of a COW)

* Horus engaged in blood sacrifice and in human sacrifice. This is clearly shown at the ancient Horus temple in Edfu

* Horus devotees practiced cannibalism.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/egy/ael/ael15.htm

At Edfu - Though the actual inscription is of a late date, many primitive ideas are preserved, especially in the hymns of the women to Horus. "Eat ye the flesh of the vanquished, drink ye his blood,"

Human sacrifice, however, appears to have been practised in Egypt at all periods. Harvest victims were burnt at Eleithyapolis (El Kab). Amasis II of the xxvith dynasty put an end to human sacrifice at Heliopolis; Diodorus says that red-haired men were offered up at the sepulchre of Osiris; as the king was the incarnate Osiris, this would mean that human sacrifices were made at the royal graves, probably during the funeral ceremonies.

The Book of the Dead also continually alludes to human sacrifice. At Edfu an altar was found sculptured with representations of offerings in which human beings are the victims. Small figures, carved in the round, are known, which are in the form of bound captives; and show probably the method of binding the victim; the legs are bent at the knees, and the feet bound to the thighs; the arms are bent at the elbows and securely lashed to the body. This is not the ordinary way of binding a prisoner, but is a special method reserved probably for a human victim. The figures represent sometimes men, sometimes women.

Last edited by drakul; 30-08-2011 at 06:31 PM.
drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 02:30 PM   #9
naked11
Banned

Christianity's father-god can very easily be identified as Osiris, the father.

In psalms 23 the author portrays the father as a SHEPERD-GOD with his SHEPERDS-ROD AND STAFF traversing the VALLEY OF THE SHADOW OF DEATH.

Psalm 23:1 The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.
Psalm 23:2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
Psa 23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Psa 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Osiris, the SHEPERD of Egypt, who traverses the Underworld throughout the night (valley of the shadow of death) with his sheperds rod and staff of justice (crook and flail)

Last edited by naked11; 30-08-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 30-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #10
logos880

Quote:
Maybe, but the fact of the matter is that this jesus was a motif of other ancient gods and never existed as fact. The only evidence that points to this jesus is the bible loaded with second hand hearsay and written by authors of questionable origin?
So you can prove that Jesus didn't exist?
Old 30-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #11
theace1002

Quote:
Originally Posted by logos880 View Post
You can't prove he doesnt exist. But you can prove that there is no reliable evidence that proves his existence

If it sounds good, confirms your suspicions and makes you want to act, send money to someone or vote for some idiot, you are being lied to. ~unknown
theace1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 04:39 PM   #12
logos880

Quote:
Originally Posted by naked11 View Post

The egyptians deified the sun as a trinity of gods -- Osiris, the Father, Horus, the Son, and Ra, the Highest Sun -- each corresponding to at least one of the sun's 3 key positions throughout the day. Osiris represented the *setting* sun, and is reborn as horus, the *rising* sun. Ra, who alone represented the *mid-day* sun completes the trinity as "Ra-Horakty" (translates to "Ra who is Horus of the Two Horizons") the conflation of all three gods and positions of the sun. Horus is associated with the setting sun, because the egyptians considered the son as also being the father. This is why throughout the pyramid texts Horus and Osiris are frequently interchangeable.
So who is the setting sun? Horus or osiris??

Quote:

52a. Oil Oil arise open thou; (thou) who art on the forehead of Horus, arise, open thou.
52b. Thou who art on the forehead of Horus, put thyself on the forehead of this N. (pharoah)

Utterance 576
Was horus actually referred to as the "annointed one" or is that something you take it as being implied? I'd wager that many many people have been "annointed with oil" throughout history.

Quote:

1941b "Oh Horus, this hour of the morning, of this ---THIRD DAY ----, is come, when thou surely passet on to heaven, together with the stars, the imperishable star"

Utterance 556
1382f "this hour of the ---THIRD DAY--- comes, where the father Osiris will be reborn as horus, at the place where the gods are born..."
This doesn't parallel the story of Jesus Christ.

Quote:
According to the Ikhernofret Stela (2000 BC) by Richard H. Wilkinson, Osiris' Death and Resurrection was celebrated in a 5 day festival known as the "Passion Plays". He is entombed on the 2nd day, and remains so until the 4th day (3 DAYS) Afterwards, on the 5th day, he is reborn AT DAWN. This is why Horus represented the sun's *rising* position, whereas Osiris represented the sun's *setting* position; Horus is symbolic of Osiris' resurrection/rebirth.
^modern author's opinion. I've never seen osiris' death referred to as "passion plays", do you have a link on that?

Quote:

"You are this LONE STAR that comes forth from the EAST of the sky, and who will surrender himself to Horus of the Netherworld..."
Ok?

Quote:

The Second Story of Khamuas (Griffith, F. LI, Stories of the High Priests of Memphis; The Sethon of Herodotus and the Demotic Tales of Khamuas)

"Si-Osiris (son of osiris). Numerous are the marvels that he shall do in Egypt.."

"...I would cast my magic up to Egypt that I might cause the peope of Egypt to pass three days and nights without seeing light except kiki"

"I will not remove my spell, until you have sworn an oath to me not to return up to Egypt."

..."Now when the boy Si-Osiris (son of Osiris) had attained -- 12 YEARS -- it came to pass that there was no [good scribe or learned man] that rivalled him in reading and writing that compels."
These quotes are from a book? I'm not sure.

Quote:

In two official translations of the Pyramid Texts Horus is said to have walked on water or is referred to as "LAKE STRIDER"

Hmmm...not sure about this one either.

Quote:

The Book of Gates
Chapter 3
The Gate of Saa-Set

Note: Ra was a solar deity representing the sun's *mid-day* position while Horus represented the sun's *rising* position. By the time of the Book of Gates, Ra had already merged with Horus to represent both positions. In the texts Ra is traversing the underworld in a boat, and in the pyramid texts, it states very clearly that when Horus enters the boat he becomes Ra.

The Book of Gates states: "The 12 worshippers of Ra/Horus who are at peace...They who praised Ra/Horus upon Earth...They who spoke Truth upon Earth (On Ra/Horus' behalf)..."They who UTTERED WORDS OF POWER (exorcism) against Apep, the serpent...and have vanquished Apep for me"

jesus' 12 followers are referred to as "apostles". An apostle is one sent forth as a messenger; one SPREADING TRUTH. According to Matthew 10:1, jesus' apostles also exorcised demonic spirits in his name.
Here is what the book of gates actually says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by book of gates
On the right of the boat are twenty-four gods, the first twelve of whom are described as "those

p. 92

who are at peace, the worshippers of Ra," and the second twelve as "the righteous who are in the Tuat." These beings are thus described by the accompanying text:--

p. 93
http://www.sacred-texts.com/egy/gate/gate17.htm

I don't see how 24 gods equates to 12 disciples.

Quote:

In Chapter 5 of the Book of Gates, Horus is mentioned as having ANOTHER group of 12 in his service, to who he tells "Live delicatley on the BREAD of HU, and drink ye the Ale of Maat". This ale is later referred to as the "Tchesert Drink" which translates to "Divine Drink".

This concept is reworked in the NT when jesus, at the Eucharist, offers the 12 apostles his body in the form of BREAD and his divine blood in the form of WINE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by book of gates
"Make inquisition for me, O gods who are in the following of Khenti Amenti, stand ye up, and withdraw ye not yourselves, and be ye masters over yourselves, and come, and live delicately on the bread of HU, and drink ye of the ale of Maat, and live ye upon that whereon my father liveth there. That which belongeth to you in the hidden place is to be behind the shrine, according to the commandment of Ra. I call unto you, and behold, it is for you to do what it is your duty [to do].' Their meat consisteth of cakes of bread, and their ale is of the tchesert drink, and their libations are [made with] cool water. Their food is given unto them by the guardian of the things which are in the shrine. And Horus saith unto these gods:--'Smite ye the enemies of my father, and hurl ye them down into your pits because of that deadly evil which they have done against the...
I don't see the parallel between the last supper and the above passage.

Quote:

Book of Gates
Chapter 5
The Gate of Tchetbi
Fourth Division of Tuat

Note: Again, in the Book of Gates Ra is Ra-Horakty (Ra who is Horus of the two Horizons: the sun traveling from one horizon to the other.)

The 12 double headed/jackal headed gods say unto Ra/Horus: -- " Immerse thyself, O Ra, in the holy lake wherein the lord of the gods immersed himself, whereunto the souls of the dead approach not; this is what thou thyself hast commanded. O KHUTI... Their food consisteth of -----BREAD...their vessels are filled with WINE-----
Bread and wine...

Quote:

1. "In Egypt the epiteths dd.t, rnn.t and hwn.t, 'girl; young woman; VIRGIN', are applied to many goddesses -- e.g Hathor and ISIS WHO HAD NOT HAD SEXUAL INTERCOURSE"

Karel van der Toorn PhD, Bob Becking PhD, Pieter W. van der Horst PhD, Erik Hornung PhD, Hans Dieter Betz PhD, Andre Caquot PhD, Jonas C Greenfield PhD, Michael E Stone PhD, Manfred Weipert PhD
Isis and osiris never had sex before osiris died?? You got a source on that? According to plutarch and siculous, horus was conceived when isis had sex with a golden dildo meant to represent osiris' missing phallus.

Quote:
2. In a text in the Abydos Temple of Seti 1, Isis herself declares:

"I am the great VIRGIN"
Ok? mary never declared herself to be "the great virgin." Also, osiris was dead at this point in time, which flies in the face of the story of the birth of Jesus Christ.

Quote:
3. Among the glyphs of Denderah, is the depiction of the *non-physiscal* intercourse between Isis and Osiris. The glyphs show Isis sending out her Bah (spirit), Sothis (a hawk), the hawk being inseminated on Osiris' phallus, and then returning back to Isis. Because the sex between Isis and Osiris was non-physical, her virginity wasn't compromised.

The inseminated bird now flies back to Isis

Like I said, according to plutarch and siculous, isis had sex with a phallus that was mean to represent osiris' lack thereof.

Quote:
4. It is a well known fact that the greek religion is but a mirror of the egyptian religion e.g Dionysis is actually Osiris, Typhon is actually Set, Hermes is actually Thoth, etc. With that said, the glyph for Virgo is a Virgin holding WHEAT (Bread) and CORN (Spica) as Virgo is the constellation of HARVEST, and this is how the Egyptians depicted Isis:

"Lady of GREEN CROPS, Lady of BREAD, Lady of Abundance..." -- Egyptian Book of the Dead

"It is Sirius (Isis) the beloved daughter, who provides the YEARLY SUSTENANCE (flooding of the Nle for crops) for you in her name of "Year" -- Pyramid Texts

"Sirius (Isis) opener of the Year's flood"

All of the above depictions of Isis refer to Harvest, which is exactly why the Greeks designated their constellation of harvest a VIRGIN.
Ok?

Quote:

"Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is everyone that hangeth on a TREE" (Gal 3:13)

"Jesus bore our sins in his own body on the TREE, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto rightieousness: by whose stripes ye were healed." (1 Peter 2:24)

"The god of our father raised up, who ye slew and hanged on a TREE." (Acts 5:30)

"And we are witnesses of all the things which jesus did both in the land of the jews, and in Jerusalem; who ye slew and hanged on a TREE" (Acts 10:39)

"And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took jesus down from the TREE and laid him in a sepulchre." (Acts 13:29)

COMPARE WITH

HIS MOTHER MARY IN THE MIDDLE; HER SISTER MARY OF CLEOPAS ON THE FAR LEFT; MARY MAGADELINE ON THE RIGHT. THIS SCENE IS FROM JOHN 19:25.

Note: Crucifixion, before it had become exclusive to christian context, meant a display or spectacle on a cross, pole, or tree either by execution or symbolic imagery See here: http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Qur...l/crucify.html

The Egyptian Book of the Dead (Ani Papyrus) (RO Faulkner, EBD, pl. 1) shows Horus spectacled in cruciform (arms outstretched) on the combination of the Ankh Cross and Djed Pillar/TREE TRUNK (containing his dead body...osiris' body). The two sisters, Isis-Meri and Nephtys-Meri are at the feet of the figure, just as the two sister Marys in john 19:25. The Ankh Cross represents the Eternal Life that Horus/Osiris achieves through death.
In numerous biblical verses, jesus is said to have died on a tree while tradition holds that it happened on a CROSS. This tree/cross discrepancy, is not really a discrepancy, but rather an accomodation of both the DJED and ANKH, forming the combination in jesus' myth.
You've completely lost me here...I see a picture of the ankh and djed not horus on the crucifixion cross.

Quote:

"I, jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright ---MORNING STAR--

Egyptian Book of the Dead Chapter 109 "I know the souls of the easterners, they are Horakhty (horus of the horizons), the sun calf, and the ---MORNING STAR--

Journal of Near Eastern Studies Ro Faulkner Pyramid Texts "O Morning Star, Horus of the Dlet, divine falcon, widwid-bird whom the sky bore..."
Jesus wasn't the only character in the bible to use the title "morning star."

Quote:

Sokar, Osiris, and Ptah -- 3 kings -- approaching baby Horus in a manger at the Winter Solstice.
Really? You have a pic of three animal headed gods (one of which actually appears to be horus himself??) standing next to a boat and that somehow equates to the magi? The bible never states how many magi visited Jesus at his birth.

Last edited by logos880; 30-08-2011 at 04:42 PM.
logos880 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 04:41 PM   #13
logos880

Quote:
Originally Posted by theace1002 View Post
You can't prove he doesnt exist. But you can prove that there is no reliable evidence that proves his existence
Can't prove Jesus doesn't exist therefore it is not a fact that Jesus doesn't exist.

I suppose "evidence" is in the eye of the beholder. Some folks have active belief and some folks have active dis-belief.
Old 30-08-2011, 06:40 PM   #14
drakul

Quote:

COMPARE WITH

A crucified Jesus with two women kneeling beside his cross is equal to two women kneeling next to an ankh - and this means Horus was crucified? And this masquerades as `undeniable proof' that Horus was Jesus?

Logos is right - This is an Incredibly WEAK analogy here requiring Orwellian DOUBLETHINK - hmmm 1+1 = 3....

In fact it is really an insult to our intelligence on this site.

Last edited by drakul; 30-08-2011 at 06:55 PM.
drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 10:27 PM   #15
naked11
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Posted by naked11

The egyptians deified the sun as a trinity of gods -- Osiris, the Father, Horus, the Son, and Ra, the Highest Sun -- each corresponding to at least one of the sun's 3 key positions throughout the day. Osiris represented the *setting* sun, and is reborn as horus, the *rising* sun. Ra, who alone represented the *mid-day* sun completes the trinity as "Ra-Horakty" (translates to "Ra who is Horus of the Two Horizons") the conflation of all three gods and positions of the sun. Horus is associated with the setting sun, because the egyptians considered the son as also being the father. This is why throughout the pyramid texts Horus and Osiris are frequently interchangeable

So who is the setting sun? Horus or osiris??
Osiris is the dying sun: the setting sun. Since Horus was regarded as literally being Osiris incarnate, he was associated with that same position, as well as the rising position. In other words, Osiris just represents 1 position of the sun, whereas horus *subsumes* that same position as well as the rising position.

God: Myths of the Male Divine - DAVID ADAMS LEEMING Page 133
"With the development of the Osiris cult, the pha- raoh in death was the setting sun, the Dying God Osiris, reborn as that god's son, the rising Sun God Horus."

The encyclopædia britannica: a dictionary of arts, sciences, ...: Volume 13 - Page 783
"As a sun-god Horus not only worsted the hostile darkness and avenged his father, but also daily renewed himself. He was thus IDENTICAL with his own father from one point of view."

The Oxford companion to world mythology - Page 117
David Adams Leeming
"The myth of Horus justifies the sacred kingship. Horus is Osiris reborn. And Osiris's resurrection as Horus represents the possibility of any individual's succeeding on the traditional heroic journey into the underworld"

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by naked11

Utterance 576
I'd wager that many many people have been "annointed with oil" throughout history.
None of which were significant enough to be mentioned in this religious text. Apparently, the annointing-of-the-son-of-god carried the most significance in the egyptian religion just as it did in the christian religion.

Quote:
Quote:

Utterance 556
This doesn't parallel the story of Jesus Christ
Yes it does. The 3 day death followed by the ascension into heaven is an unmistakable parallel. Sure the story structure in the pyramid texts is not the same as that of the bible (the pyramid texts is a funerary texts) but the motif originates with the egyptian texts.

Quote:
Quote:
^modern author's opinion?
No, modern egyptologist's TRANSLATION. Just as the pyramid texts, The Book of gates, and the Book of the Dead etc were translated by modern egyptologists, so too was Ikhernofret Stela.

Quote:
I've never seen osiris' death referred to as "passion plays"
And you're not an authority on the egyptian religion. The people who ARE authrorities on the egyptian religion have translated the festival as being "Passion Plays": www.philae.nu/akhet/ApassionPlays.html

That's 4 egyptologists, and I have more who concur on this.

Quote:
Quote:

Ok?
Good. Im glad we agree this was the inspiration for Matthew 2-12 "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His STAR IN THE EAST and have come to worship Him (surrender to him). ...the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.... And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him."

Quote:
Quote:

These quotes are from a book? I'm not sure.
The story is from the demotic texts of Herodotus. The scholar who studied the texts compiled the stories into a book.

Child Teacher: http://www.reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/texts/khamuas.htm

Age 12: http://www.archive.org/stream/storie.../search/twelve

Quote:
Quote:

Hmmm...not sure about this one either.
So go to a library.

Quote:
Quote:

The Book of Gates
Chapter 3
The Gate of Saa-Set

Here is what the book of gates actually says:On the right of the boat are twenty-four gods, the first twelve of whom are described as "those

p. 92

who are at peace, the worshippers of Ra," and the second twelve as "the righteous who are in the Tuat." These beings are thus described by the accompanying text:--

I don't see how 24 gods equates to 12 disciples.
In jesus' myth there are more than 12 followers who were in his service. Nevertheless, the bible singles out group of 12 who were chiefly given authority to exorcise demons on his behalf and who travelled around the world spreading his word. In the Book of Gates, it is 12 worshippers (not 24) who carried out these specific tasks for Horus. The other 12 that you mentioned are not included in this scheme. Also, at each new gate, a new division of followers accompany him on his boat ride, while previous group stays behind; sometimes it's 12 (which is why the bible says 12 followers travelled with jesus in a boat)

Quote:
Quote:

I don't see the parallel between the last supper and the above passage.
You'll never think of the Last Supper the same again. Horus offering 12 followers the Divine Bread of a God and the Divine Drink of a God is the inspiration for the biblical libation in which Jesus offers 12 followers the Bread/Flesh of a god and the Wine/Divine Drink of a god

Quote:

Book of Gates
Chapter 5
The Gate of Tchetbi
Fourth Division of Tuat

No argument here. He was ritually purified (Baptised) in the Holy Lake by way of immersion; the same lake that Osiris was ritually purified in per the Pyramid Texts. Oh and the 12 who are standing around the Lake's edges are given bread and wine...here we go again...

Quote:
Quote:

Isis and osiris never had sex before osiris died?? You got a source on that?
I just gave it to you.

Quote:
According to plutarch and siculous, horus was conceived when isis had sex with a golden dildo meant to represent osiris' missing phallus.
Firstly, Plutarch is reporting on one of many myths on these egyptian deities. If you don't know by now, there was never just one myth on these deities. So long as there is one or more story in which she was a virginal at the time of conception, we have a clear case of plagerism.
Secondly, the glyphs of denderah show her having non-physical sex with Osiris by sending out her bird or Bah, Sothis. This scene is also in the Pyramid Texts, which means that this non-sexual conception between God the Father, and Isis-Meri was the common or universal version of the story. Thirdly, Isis herself declares at the Temple of Sais: "The present and the future and the past, I am. My undergarment no one has uncovered. The fruit I brought forth, the sun came into being." Fourthly, during the Songs of Isis and Nephtys, in which Osiris is resurrected and Horus is born, the women who portrayed Isis were required to be virgins.
Dr. Botterweck (renowned egyptologist) writes: "In the Late Period [712-332 BCE] in particular, goddesses are frequently called "(beautiful) virgins," especially Hathor, Isis, and Nephthys." This trio of goddesses are portrayed by the three Marys in jesus' story, even the though the two others in the myth were not virgins.

Quote:
Quote:

COMPARE WITH

You've completely lost me here...I see a picture of the ankh and djed not horus on the crucifixion cross.
You see Horus spectacled in cruciform from the Ankh CROSS. You see jesus spectacled in cruciform nailed to the CROSS, achieving ETERNAL LIFE through his death on the Cross. In the egyptian religion the Cross represented the ETERNAL LIFE that Osiris/Horus achieves through death. You also, see the cross combined with Osiris' dead body in the Djed Pillar. Thank You.

Quote:
Quote:

Jesus wasn't the only character in the bible to use the title "morning star."
You're right, Lucifer was also given the title, which means jesus, the son of god, shares a title with not only Horus, the son of god, but also Lucifer.

Quote:
Quote:

Really? You have a pic of three animal headed gods (one of which actually appears to be horus himself??) standing next to a boat and that somehow equates to the magi? The bible never states how many magi visited Jesus at his birth.
I counted one animal head and that belongs to Sokar the falcon god who was sometimes identified with Horus. Baby Sokar, too, was sometimes identified as Horus. The other two in the picture are Osiris of the two Enneads and Ptah. The magi with 3 gifts following the star in the east are the three stars on Orions Belt aligned with Sirius. The astrological story was already depicted by the egyptians in the heiroglyphs above.
Old 30-08-2011, 10:34 PM   #16
naked11
Banned

Quote:
Well I agree but I am sure some fundie is going to interject with their mythology report as well.....
...right on the money.
Old 30-08-2011, 10:43 PM   #17
son_of_parrot
Banned

Someones been watching Zeitgeist.
son_of_parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 10:44 PM   #18
angelthecat

The word Catholic means universal, so it should be no surprise that it combines together all religions, then through the inquisitions it destroyed all those who worshipped those religions in their original state, ie. witchcraft and sex magic, astro theology, Wicca, shamanism, volcanism and their favourite the direct worship of Dagon the fish head God of the Mer[chant] people.

so we have stated before it is the book of rules that they use to govern over you, so does it not pay to learn the rules before you claim any victory in the game of life?

In the rules God named all of you before your parents did so what did he call you?
you hear it all the time but you dont listen
He called you People, and any other name you use to call yourself is inferior. Listen to the talk of your so-called leaders they dont go against the wishes of the people, all their oaths are to serve and protect the people, yet you claim to be individuals, human, persons, mr, mrs and miss, occupiers, residents anything but people. They tell you that the people have the power, but when you write to them complaining you write as a servant. its a game of words and it is biblical, [whether you like it or not your in a game which is controlled by that book so stop searching for fault and seek the remedy]
Its not what you believe that matters its what they believe!

Government of this Church to continue without any Alteration to the People of this Land in all succeeding Generations [this was the creation of the UK Government 1706 act of union]
angelthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 11:38 PM   #19
ferryman to the dead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by logos880 View Post
You prove he did with external sources outside the bible because that's the only proof you have he lived is that book. No primary or contemporary sources to prove he ever lived. He was an astrological motif created from other ancient motifs. What do you have?

(1). There is no credible historical source for this jesus.

(2). No credible historical source that shows he was ever crucified by Pilate.

(3). Nothing to show or credible source that identifies a man named jesus as the same character or was the basis for jesus of the bible.

(4). If the bible jesus was based on a known human jesus then the NT was known to be a total fiction in antiquity.

(5). No Church writer or contemporary (supposed) of jesus wrote that they saw Bible jesus alive on earth.

(6). None of the NT writers or supposed contemporary of this jesus gave a physical description before he was supposedly transfigured and his face shone like the sun.

(7). The crucifixion of a Jew has absolutely no ability to save mankind. Thousands of Jews were crucified.

(8). No Gospel writer claimed that they wrote an actual biography of a jesus.

(9). A human cannot resurrect.

(10). The salvation of man required only belief alone.

(11). The feats of the jesus in the bible requires only belief in a non historical act.

(12). There is not one single piece of archaeological, forensic or documentary evidence that shows Jesus was ever alive.

Last edited by ferryman to the dead; 30-08-2011 at 11:51 PM.
Old 31-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #20
logos880

Quote:
Osiris is the dying sun: the setting sun. Since Horus was regarded as literally being Osiris incarnate, he was associated with that same position, as well as the rising position. In other words, Osiris just represents 1 position of the sun, whereas horus *subsumes* that same position as well as the rising position.

God: Myths of the Male Divine - DAVID ADAMS LEEMING Page 133
"With the development of the Osiris cult, the pha- raoh in death was the setting sun, the Dying God Osiris, reborn as that god's son, the rising Sun God Horus."

The encyclopædia britannica: a dictionary of arts, sciences, ...: Volume 13 - Page 783
"As a sun-god Horus not only worsted the hostile darkness and avenged his father, but also daily renewed himself. He was thus IDENTICAL with his own father from one point of view."

The Oxford companion to world mythology - Page 117
David Adams Leeming
"The myth of Horus justifies the sacred kingship. Horus is Osiris reborn. And Osiris's resurrection as Horus represents the possibility of any individual's succeeding on the traditional heroic journey into the underworld"
I agree with this although I haven't seen osiris construed as a "sun god" before so I'm somewhat skeptical on that claim.

Quote:
None of which were significant enough to be mentioned in this religious text. Apparently, the annointing-of-the-son-of-god carried the most significance in the egyptian religion just as it did in the christian religion.
Anointing was almost universal in religious traditions around the world and had medicinal uses:

Quote:
Yes it does. The 3 day death followed by the ascension into heaven is an unmistakable parallel. Sure the story structure in the pyramid texts is not the same as that of the bible (the pyramid texts is a funerary texts) but the motif originates with the egyptian texts.
Jesus didn't ascend to heaven after his "3 day death". And where is the part about forgiveness of sin?

Quote:
No, modern egyptologist's TRANSLATION. Just as the pyramid texts, The Book of gates, and the Book of the Dead etc were translated by modern egyptologists, so too was Ikhernofret Stela.

And you're not an authority on the egyptian religion. The people who ARE authrorities on the egyptian religion have translated the festival as being "Passion Plays": www.philae.nu/akhet/ApassionPlays.html

That's 4 egyptologists, and I have more who concur on this.
I don't see where they got the name "passion play" from? Did it literally say "passion play" or is that something egyptologists refer to it as?

Although, it's somewhat insignificant because that term is not used in the bible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki
The evolution of the Passion Play was about the same as that of the Easter Play. It originated in the ritual of the Church, which prescribes, among other things, that the Gospel on Good Friday should be sung in parts divided among various persons. Later on, Passion Plays made their appearance, first in Latin, then in vernacular languages; contents and forms were adapted more and more to audience expectations, until, in the fifteenth century, the popular religious plays had developed. Thus, the Benedictbeurn Passion Play (thirteenth century) is still largely composed of Latin ritual sentences in prose and of church hymns, and, being designed to be sung, resembles an oratorio.
Quote:
Good. Im glad we agree this was the inspiration for Matthew 2-12 "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His STAR IN THE EAST and have come to worship Him (surrender to him). ...the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.... And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him."
I don't think it was the inspiration for matt 2-12, sorry.

Quote:
The story is from the demotic texts of Herodotus. The scholar who studied the texts compiled the stories into a book.

Child Teacher: http://www.reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/texts/khamuas.htm

Age 12: http://www.archive.org/stream/storie.../search/twelve

So go to a library.
Had you provided links in your OP I wouldn't have had to ask.

Quote:
In jesus' myth there are more than 12 followers who were in his service. Nevertheless, the bible singles out group of 12 who were chiefly given authority to exorcise demons on his behalf and who travelled around the world spreading his word. In the Book of Gates, it is 12 worshippers (not 24) who carried out these specific tasks for Horus. The other 12 that you mentioned are not included in this scheme. Also, at each new gate, a new division of followers accompany him on his boat ride, while previous group stays behind; sometimes it's 12 (which is why the bible says 12 followers travelled with jesus in a boat)
That's not why the bible says that but if you want to believe it is then go for it. The disciples were not "gods."

Quote:
You'll never think of the Last Supper the same again. Horus offering 12 followers the Divine Bread of a God and the Divine Drink of a God is the inspiration for the biblical libation in which Jesus offers 12 followers the Bread/Flesh of a god and the Wine/Divine Drink of a god
So we have drink and food "of the gods" and now we can conclude that this was the inspiration for the last supper? I'm afraid there is a bit more involved with the last supper than drinking and eating.

Is it really any surprise that there is a concept of sacred meals in many many religious belief systems?

Quote:
No argument here. He was ritually purified (Baptised) in the Holy Lake by way of immersion; the same lake that Osiris was ritually purified in per the Pyramid Texts. Oh and the 12 who are standing around the Lake's edges are given bread and wine...here we go again...
Jesus' baptism was not a "ritual purification." But, the purification aspect of water is a universal concept not something specific to egyptians and christians. Water purifies...shocking.

Quote:
I just gave it to you.
So isis and osiris were together before osiris was killed, but they never had sex? I'm going to need to see a quote on that one.

Quote:
Firstly, Plutarch is reporting on one of many myths on these egyptian deities. If you don't know by now, there was never just one myth on these deities. So long as there is one or more story in which she was a virginal at the time of conception, we have a clear case of plagerism.
Plagerism? Wouldn't that assume that these concepts originated with the egyptians? I don't think they did. But, you have yet to prove that isis was a virgin at the time of conception. I understand that she may have been called the "great virgin" but that doesn't necessarily imply that she was a virgin since 'virgin' was a popular title at that time.

Quote:
Secondly, the glyphs of denderah show her having non-physical sex with Osiris by sending out her bird or Bah, Sothis. This scene is also in the Pyramid Texts, which means that this non-sexual conception between God the Father, and Isis-Meri was the common or universal version of the story.
I've seen the bird pic, but all of that is for nought if isis and osiris had sex before osiris died which seems like that would be the case.

Quote:
Thirdly, Isis herself declares at the Temple of Sais: "The present and the future and the past, I am. My undergarment no one has uncovered. The fruit I brought forth, the sun came into being." Fourthly, during the Songs of Isis and Nephtys, in which Osiris is resurrected and Horus is born, the women who portrayed Isis were required to be virgins.
So before osiris was murdered, osiris and isis hadn't had sex??

Quote:
Dr. Botterweck (renowned egyptologist) writes: "In the Late Period [712-332 BCE] in particular, goddesses are frequently called "(beautiful) virgins," especially Hathor, Isis, and Nephthys." This trio of goddesses are portrayed by the three Marys in jesus' story, even the though the two others in the myth were not virgins.
Yes, exactly, virgin was a popular title but it didn't necessarliy imply that the female in question had never had sex.

Quote:
You see Horus spectacled in cruciform from the Ankh CROSS. You see jesus spectacled in cruciform nailed to the CROSS, achieving ETERNAL LIFE through his death on the Cross. In the egyptian religion the Cross represented the ETERNAL LIFE that Osiris/Horus achieves through death. You also, see the cross combined with Osiris' dead body in the Djed Pillar. Thank You.
And here is where your parallel suffers. Jesus' death on the cross was not about acheiving eternal life for himself. And I still don't see any visual parallel between the pic of horus/ankh/djed and a crucifix.

Quote:
You're right, Lucifer was also given the title, which means jesus, the son of god, shares a title with not only Horus, the son of god, but also Lucifer.
So, who is lucifer exactly??

Lucifer is only a title.

Quote:
I counted one animal head and that belongs to Sokar the falcon god who was sometimes identified with Horus. Baby Sokar, too, was sometimes identified as Horus. The other two in the picture are Osiris of the two Enneads and Ptah. The magi with 3 gifts following the star in the east are the three stars on Orions Belt aligned with Sirius. The astrological story was already depicted by the egyptians in the heiroglyphs above.
This is pure zeitgeist/archaya here. You seem to only want to achknowledge the similarities in the stories. While I do agree that there are some similiarities there are also some glaring differences not only in name but also in doctrine. If you're only going to acknowledge half of the whole picture then you've only got half of the whole picture.

Last edited by logos880; 31-08-2011 at 02:53 PM.
logos880 is online now   Reply With Quote