Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 29-07-2011, 12:11 PM   #1
real6

Default Measles Outbreak Triggered by Unvaccinated Child

Don't know if i believe this...

http://news.health.com/2010/03/22/me...cinated-child/

What began as a family trip to Switzerland in 2008 ended up as a public health nightmare in California.

The family’s 7-year-old boy, who was intentionally unvaccinated against measles, was exposed to the virus while traveling in Europe. When he returned home to San Diego, he unknowingly exposed a total of 839 people, and an additional 11 unvaccinated children contracted the disease.

Three of those infected were babies, too young to have yet received the measles vaccines, and one of the babies was hospitalized for three days with a 106-degree fever, according to a report to be published in the April issue of Pediatrics.

“Measles is just a plane ride away, including places like Switzerland and the U.K.,” said one of the researchers, Dr. Jane Seward, deputy director of viral diseases at the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“This study serves as a reminder that measles can be a very serious disease that can lead to severe complications and death, and that the measles, mumps, rubella [MMR] vaccine is highly effective and the best way to prevent measles. It’s also a reminder that people who choose not to vaccinate don’t just put themselves and their children at risk, but also their communities, which includes infants who are too young to immunize,” she said.

This 2008 outbreak was the first in San Diego since 1991, according to the report. Before the introduction of the measles vaccine in 1963, as many as 500 children died each year from the measles, and nearly 50,000 were hospitalized annually in the United States because of the virus, according to background information in the report.

In recent years, however, the virus has resurged as many parents choose not to vaccinate their children, often because of fears about serious side effects. In fact, a recent study from the University of Michigan found that even among those who do vaccinate, more than half are concerned about serious side effects. Many of these fears stem a reported link between the MMR vaccine and autism. This link has been disproved in numerous studies, however.

“There are several reasons why parents are choosing not to vaccinate,” said study co-author Albert Barskey, a CDC epidemiologist. “Some are afraid of adverse events, and a lot of these fears are unfounded. Others feel that if their child does get sick, the current health-care system can take care of any unfortunate events, and some just don’t see measles as a risk. They don’t think it’s in this country any more and don’t think of traveling to Europe as a place where they might contract measles.”

The San Diego outbreak, which Seward said was quickly and aggressively contained by the public health department, cost about $177,000 to get under control. Those costs include direct medical charges, the cost of quarantining those exposed, plus the expense of state and county personnel involved in containing the outbreak.

At the charter school that the 7-year-old with measles attended, 11 percent of the children were unvaccinated for measles. While state, or even county-level vaccination numbers may be high, pockets of areas exist where much higher numbers of children are unvaccinated, Barskey said.

Parents who intentionally under-vaccinate tended to be white, college-educated and have an upper or middle-income level, the study found. Many believe that living a “natural lifestyle” will protect their children against vaccine-preventable illness, according to the study.

“There’s definitely a lack of appreciation of measles and what it can do,” said Dr. Paul Offit, director of the Vaccine Education Center and chief of infectious diseases at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. He said that in a recent Indiana outbreak, a 17-year-old girl was infected with measles on a trip to Romania, and when she came home she went to a church picnic attended by about 500 people. Of that group, 35 were unvaccinated. Three people out of 465 vaccinated got measles, while 31 out of the 35 who were unvaccinated contracted the disease, Offit said.

“That’s how highly contagious measles is,” he said, pointing out that these people were at an outdoor church picnic, likely without sustained exposure to the infected teenager.

“Parents need to realize that a choice not to get a vaccine is not a risk-free choice,” said Offit.

Seward recommended that parents who are concerned talk with their child’s pediatrician about the risks and benefits of childhood vaccines, as well as the risks of childhood diseases.
"My father may not approve, but I am no longer his disciple, I am a master now, an idea transcended into life. And so this is my new path, which is a lot like the old one - only mine. To stay on that path I need to work harder, explore new rituals, evolve. Am I evil? Am I good? I'm done asking those questions, I dont have the answers - does anyone?"

-Dexter Morgan
real6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
beldazar

Yeah blame it all on those bad, bad parents who don't inject their children with witches brew.

I had my two sisters from Australia screech at me in my own kitchen a few weeks back because unvaccinated children were spreading the whooping-cough in Australia apparently...
I swear it will be the ignorant masses that we need to fear the most.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sipD...layer_embedded

Last edited by beldazar; 29-07-2011 at 04:06 PM.
beldazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 12:30 PM   #3
ozpixie

There are varying stats around the world but outbreaks like this still occur in populations of people who have been vaccinated. Just because some who weren't vaccinated got sick is no proof that the lad was responsible for it. There are also studies that show that in the old days with clean food, water and air etc if you got a natural dose of an illness your immune system protected you better than from a jab.
Old 29-07-2011, 12:37 PM   #4
1eyeopen

839 people caught it, 11 were unvaccinated meaning 828 were vaccinated, so does the vaccine work?

I mean not only did 828 people catch an illness they were vaccinated against but nobody died did they, so the unvaccinated fought it off just as well as the vaccinated.

Last edited by 1eyeopen; 29-07-2011 at 12:38 PM.
1eyeopen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #5
white zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyeopen View Post
839 people caught it, 11 were unvaccinated meaning 828 were vaccinated, so does the vaccine work?

I mean not only did 828 people catch an illness they were vaccinated against but nobody died did they, so the unvaccinated fought it off just as well as the vaccinated.
Exactly. Its all horse sheet.

The vaccinated shouldnt even be aware they had it - if the vaccines work.

Its good to confront your fears

The trouble with quotes on the internet is its difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
white zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 03:27 PM   #6
bones
Banned

Quote:

ahhahah dont think out the box.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #7
moonflower

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
ahhahah dont think out the box.
Ah but but but if it wasn't for the unvaccinated child - remember get your MMR jab you know you want to!

M
moonflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #8
quietgirl
Inactive

I managed to catch measles in childhood even though I'd been vaccinated! I didn't have the MMR jab though - it hadn't been invented then!

Mandy
quietgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 06:02 PM   #9
wildhorse

so article basically saying GET MMR JAB...because parents are actually saying no to this vaccination, guess was only gunna be a matter of time before a [fairy]story as this was gunna do the rounds
Old 29-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #10
djpalmer93
Premier Subscribers

I still got mumps even though I had the MMR vaccine
djpalmer93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #11
jimmi

It's an old report so doesn't belong in today's news imo.

The article is obviously a scaremongering piece as well, it actually states, "839 people....exposed....note not infected, leaving the reader to assume it means infected and giving room to excuse a misrepresentation of facts.
jimmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 07:50 PM   #12
wthree

Quote:

It says 839 people were exposed. Not that they caught it. It would seem it does work
Musings of a Transhumanist
http://musingsofatranshumanist.blogspot.co.uk
http://subjectiveevidence.wikispaces.com/
wthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 09:01 PM   #13
bones
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wthree View Post
It says 839 people were exposed. Not that they caught it. It would seem it does work
did they catch it? they wont tell. they of course had to state 11 of the unvaccinated did catch it.

propoganda piece!!!
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #14
paolo

My two unvaccinated lads recently got the measles. They didn't seem to spread it anywhere. I'm rather glad they did, though they were quite ill for a bit, as a dose of the measles strengthens up the immune system no end
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 10:58 PM   #15
coldinsomnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by wthree View Post

So... they had an accurate running count of every person that was exposed?

Really?
coldinsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 11:19 PM   #16
busa

When I was a lid, I had Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox and then had to wait until I was 18 before getting German Measles. I stayed at home ill and in bed until our GP said it was ok to go out.

What difference does injecting toxic shit under the guise of vaccines from the drugs companies make nowadays?

Kids used to die from Measles back then, but very rarely.

There are inherent human responses that strive to perpetuate the illusion of normality, long after the point of no return.
busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 11:26 PM   #17
paolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by busa View Post
When I was a lid, I had Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox and then had to wait until I was 18 before getting German Measles. I stayed at home ill and in bed until our GP said it was ok to go out.

What difference does injecting toxic shit under the guise of vaccines from the drugs companies make nowadays?

Kids used to die from Measles back then, but very rarely.
Hmmm.I had all those, but worst of all was the Asian Flu which was full of hallucinatory delirium. Very oppressive and weird.I also had some dentistry under nitrous oxide which was lovely even to my young brain. I still recall the falling sensation
Old 29-07-2011, 11:29 PM   #18
akana

If the vaccines really did work, then why are the vaccinated people getting sick, and then blaming it on the unvaccinated child? Obviously their vaccines are crap, and they just need someone to blame.

Diseases In The Vaccinated

The visible universe could lie on a membrane floating within a higher-dimensional space.

Last edited by akana; 30-07-2011 at 12:12 AM.
akana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 11:42 PM   #19
busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolo View Post
Hmmm.I had all those, but worst of all was the Asian Flu which was full of hallucinatory delirium. Very oppressive and weird.I also had some dentistry under nitrous oxide which was lovely even to my young brain. I still recall the falling sensation
I remember having one of the big flu bugs in the mid to late 70s?
Was that Asian flu ?

I was off my feet for two weeks and off college for 4 weeks, total wipe out !! Could hardly stand up. Weak as a kitten.

There are inherent human responses that strive to perpetuate the illusion of normality, long after the point of no return.
busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2011, 12:10 AM   #20
paolo

Asian flu was late 50s. That was the last proper flu I had

Last edited by paolo; 30-07-2011 at 12:10 AM.