Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Psychic Ability / Channelling / Remote Viewing / Dreams / Predictions
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 15-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
geewhizz
Inactive

Default anybody get Dream Flashbacks during the day?

Hi,

For about 10yrs now, everyday without fail, I will get dream flashbacks. The dreams can be recalled from the previous night or as far back as 10yrs.

This is not 24/7 but about 1-2hrs throughout the day. Every night without fail I dream and recall the dream, my dreams are super vivid and technicolour.

I looked on the web and most people who ask about this are mostly on antidepressants or are manic depressives.

I am not depressed or take any form of medication.

I really enjoy it but I seem to be in a minority...anyone on here???
geewhizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2011, 12:11 AM   #2
ufochick

Quote:
Originally Posted by geewhizz View Post
Hi,

For about 10yrs now, everyday without fail, I will get dream flashbacks. The dreams can be recalled from the previous night or as far back as 10yrs.

This is not 24/7 but about 1-2hrs throughout the day. Every night without fail I dream and recall the dream, my dreams are super vivid and technicolour.

I looked on the web and most people who ask about this are mostly on antidepressants or are manic depressives.

Don't know if I would call them flashbacks. I have things happen that trigger a memory of a dream, happens frequently to me and those close to me.
Old 16-07-2011, 01:22 AM   #3
whiterain

haha yeah just had a really great one from a recurring one the other night. straight after that i looked at this thread. love it when that happens
Old 18-07-2011, 02:03 AM   #4
kennybhoy67

In the morning,or when I'm not long up,and I'll try remember the dream but never do.

I've recently started just writing down what I can remember from dreams and as soon as I wake up,so I can't forget.
kennybhoy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #5
quietgirl
Inactive

I seem to have very vivid dreams and can remember some from years ago! Not sure I get "flashbacks" as such though.

Mandy
quietgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2011, 09:44 AM   #6
kathrynwoods

Default lucid flashbacks

I don't know if this makes sense, but might be partially a lucid dream? Except based on a dream memory?
Or you may be unknowingly reaching different brain wave states (most likely alpha) during the day.
kathrynwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 09:46 AM   #7
geewhizz
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynwoods View Post
I don't know if this makes sense, but might be partially a lucid dream? Except based on a dream memory?
Or you may be unknowingly reaching different brain wave states (most likely alpha) during the day.
please explain this ???
Old 27-07-2011, 08:49 PM   #8
consciousness
Inactive

Quote:
Hi,

i do get them. most of the time i cannot make sense of them at all. if the dream was a person, i would've said to the person: "what are you on about ?"
consciousness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 08:53 PM   #9
fennelseed

Quote:
Hi,

Not everyday ~ but often .
There seem to be lots of symbols in my dreams,colours and specific sentances.
I used to write them down.
Reading them back over brings back the sensations of the dream very vividly.
I don't have time to write them now but I generally share them with my partner when I wake up.
A bit pointless really as he is half asleep at the time ~ so all he is hearing is gobbledegook ~ but somehow it seems to help to speak them out loud.
fennelseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 09:30 PM   #10
codie

I get this
I'm awake and going about my day, then I will get a flash of a dream scenario which is actually emulating the reality I am experiencing at the time and I am aware of it and it makes me stop and take notice. It's like for a moment time stops still and well it's really hard to explain actually.
Like a dream in a dream where I question if I'm in a dream but I feel I'm awake
codie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 11:05 PM   #11
crystalline

Yes, this happens to me a lot, sometimes things that I dreamt will happen the following day, that can be freaky.

Recently I dreamt that my mother took my youngest child shopping, when she returned with him she complained to me that he had been really naughty and then said "Oh and by the way his clothes are too small too".

The next day we did actually go shopping, my son did "play up" and then started kicking off because his trousers were keep falling down. It turned out he had put his older brothers 3/4 trousers on which were too big.

My dream came flooding back when he said that, and I got a chill down my spine/hairs standing on end feeling.
crystalline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:45 AM   #12
kathrynwoods

Default explain

Quote:
please explain this ???
Well lucid dreaming occurs when you reach alpha state in your brain waves and allows you to be in a dream, but yet are able to control what you are doing.

Most people reach alpha state slightly before they fall asleep, but you can train your brain to access alpha level while awake, as in this state you can do a lot of subconscious programming as well as lucid dream and recall important things in your life, such as past dreams.

Does that make a little more sense?
kathrynwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:11 AM   #13
lauren_almighty
Banned

My mum has asked me about this many times because it has become a regular occurance for her. She takes anti-depressants. She's never tried lucid dreaming or anything though.

I wonder why it happens, I'm intrigued. Anything to do with dreams really interests me.
lauren_almighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:58 AM   #14
holliespirit

Sometimes several times a day, it can be quite intense. Oddest thing to happen is me and my husband had it happen once at the exact same time!
Old 04-08-2011, 07:30 PM   #15
lauren_almighty
Banned

I told my mum about this thread and she was disappointed that only Geewhizz has experienced it. She says that the flashbacks she gets are of irrelevant things so it's not like the memories are triggered by something.
lauren_almighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #16
zula

Yes, and I've always assumed everyone did. I don't usually get flashbacks of the -entire- dream, though (they're always reeeealllllly long)-- I get snippets, rather. As far back as 10 years.
But since my dreams have always felt more real, and much more vivid to me than "real" life, it doesn't seem odd that they'd float up to the surface a lot.

Also, every time I lay down (during the instant my head hits the pillow) to go to sleep I see all the dreams I had the previous night flash in my mind. Including the ones I barely remembered earlier that day. I'm guessing this is because I only lay down in my bed when I'm about to sleep--never for reading or anything else-- so it would be natural for that to trigger the memory of last night's dreams.

hell must break before I am lost;
before I am lost,
hell must open like a red rose
for the dead to pass.

-Eurydice, by H. D.
zula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:13 PM   #17
geewhizz
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_almighty View Post
My mum has asked me about this many times because it has become a regular occurance for her. She takes anti-depressants. She's never tried lucid dreaming or anything though.

I wonder why it happens, I'm intrigued. Anything to do with dreams really interests me.
This is a cause for some. i don't take any meds but it is a popular side effect.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:12 AM   #18
glitter

I would dream of a previous event months or even years before, and then sometime in the present moment the same event will occur and i get the sense of deja vu because i've already seen or acted out the exact event in my dream before.

Makes you question free will and if everything is pre-destined huh..
glitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:35 AM   #19
chickadee

I get flashbacks of my dreams all the time. It's weird, I have a horrible memory yet I remember so many dream thru out the years. And when I wake up in the morning I always remember my dreams, and I can remember small details. But if somebody were to ask me what day of the week it was or something simple like that, I would have no clue.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:44 AM   #20
302bluefog
Banned

Unhappy

I had a crazy flashback in the last 24 hours that i cant even talk about.
302bluefog is offline   Reply With Quote