Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2011, 06:23 AM   #1
vodkafan28
Senior Member
 
vodkafan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 154
Default Why people are so ignorant...

I believe most average people just can't handle the truth. Let's say 9/11, for example; if people would accept at least some of the information supporting the 9/11 conspiracy against the American people, they'd have to change their beliefs about many other things. Most people would rather live ignorant to the truth. Or let's say about the reptilian shape-shifter Illuminati manipulating our lives. Just to keep that in the back of our mind would make some people go crazy. People would rather stay informed through their television or other mainstream media, than to follow "unbelievable" or "unreliable" news. Or Libya, I support Gaddafi, he had so much planned to help the continent of Africa, but the messed up Western countries are totally against that:
There should be a revolution everywhere, but peaceful; violence would only give the Illuminati more reason to use force against the people...

Last edited by vodkafan28; 03-07-2011 at 06:25 AM.
vodkafan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:28 AM   #2
ceti
Senior Member
 
ceti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: newcastle uk
Posts: 1,645
Default

Bingo.
__________________
Blah blah blah.
ceti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:35 AM   #3
ceti
Senior Member
 
ceti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: newcastle uk
Posts: 1,645
Default

Daffy duck is a bad man.Next week he has wmds maccy dees and a steak sandwich from pro greggs.It must be stopped,right now and tommorow or monday or last week or month year and the next 100 years.
__________________
Blah blah blah.
ceti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #4
arcyclus
Senior Member
 
arcyclus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dreamland Villa
Posts: 11,496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodkafan28 View Post
I believe most average people just can't handle the truth. Let's say 9/11, for example; if people would accept at least some of the information supporting the 9/11 conspiracy against the American people, they'd have to change their beliefs about many other things. Most people would rather live ignorant to the truth. Or let's say about the reptilian shape-shifter Illuminati manipulating our lives. Just to keep that in the back of our mind would make some people go crazy. People would rather stay informed through their television or other mainstream media, than to follow "unbelievable" or "unreliable" news. Or Libya, I support Gaddafi, he had so much planned to help the continent of Africa, but the messed up Western countries are totally against that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCnFB...&feature=share

There should be a revolution everywhere, but peaceful; violence would only give the Illuminati more reason to use force against the people...
I agree completely!

Some people like wearing blinders. The truth only confuses them, and makes them angry.
__________________
"people don't like communism because they like to own stuff"!
-Frank Zappa
arcyclus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:37 AM   #5
busa
Senior Member
 
busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 13,316
Default

The self-applied blindfolds are quite comfortable I believe, although I have never worn one myself.
__________________
Older, wiser, Faster !

There are inherent human responses that strive to perpetuate the illusion of normality, long after the point of no return.
busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:40 AM   #6
ibaster
Senior Member
 
ibaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,455
Default

Well this works both ways. You might think you know something that other people are ignorant about and they might think the same about you. It does not mean you have all the answers correct just because it is not mainstream. Ignorance is subjective I think.

I think most people are perhaps less informed than they should be. Perhaps thinking you are better informed is actually more ignorant. I am saying this as a challenge of sorts. Playing devil`s advocate a little bit. I know plenty of people who are ignorant to things I believe and know but I am sure there are things I should know about or know more about. There is always room for improvements in life. The internet is not some super free information place. It is in some ways perhaps more free than t.v. or print but it also suffers because anybody can say anything and you don`t have to know anything about them. It makes it easier to lie. Especially now that we have such advances in things like video editing and photo manipulation etc. News is easier to fake.

I am just saying.
__________________
I attribute the little I know to my not having been ashamed to ask for information, and to my rule of conversing with all descriptions of men on those topics that form their own peculiar professions and pursuits.
John Locke
ibaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:52 AM   #7
busa
Senior Member
 
busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 13,316
Default

I am only poking fun at those who aggresively defend their blindfolds.
__________________
Older, wiser, Faster !

There are inherent human responses that strive to perpetuate the illusion of normality, long after the point of no return.
busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:08 AM   #8
porridge
Senior Member
 
porridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: emigrating to Scotland..
Posts: 8,272
Default

Ignorance is bliss & the truths a biatch
porridge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #9
decode reality
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,805
Default

Just speaking my truth now. It will probably differ from a lot of the consensus opionins on this subject.

I don't think that knowing '9/11 was an inside job' makes a person any less prone to ignorance in other areas of life. Whilst it's important to know in a socio-political way, to me it isn't the most important truth.

To allow those things to be too predominant in thinking only serves to reinforce a sense of being a slave. It doesn't actually free you from the prison, it only makes you more aware of the walls and the guards! We already know that the system lies and does evil - the additional conspiracy information is just 'business as per usual' - it isn't really telling any sane person what they already know. Self knowledge, understanding how you function and your latent potential, how human beings are made up and how they function is of far greater importance to me, ultimately. It's the absence of that kind of self knowledge that causes many of the problems we encounter.

Even if you're aware of a conspiracy, from what I've observed for a decade is this: it seems that the only outlets are:

a) Talking to 'the converted' online

b) Talking to 'the converted' at conferences

Perhaps that's a big reason why Joe Public in general doesn't want to go there - they've got other things to attend to. They're not obliged to believe in anything.
__________________
"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." - Socrates
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #10
arcyclus
Senior Member
 
arcyclus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dreamland Villa
Posts: 11,496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibaster View Post
Well this works both ways. You might think you know something that other people are ignorant about and they might think the same about you. It does not mean you have all the answers correct just because it is not mainstream. Ignorance is subjective I think.

I think most people are perhaps less informed than they should be. Perhaps thinking you are better informed is actually more ignorant. I am saying this as a challenge of sorts. Playing devil`s advocate a little bit. I know plenty of people who are ignorant to things I believe and know but I am sure there are things I should know about or know more about. There is always room for improvements in life. The internet is not some super free information place. It is in some ways perhaps more free than t.v. or print but it also suffers because anybody can say anything and you don`t have to know anything about them. It makes it easier to lie. Especially now that we have such advances in things like video editing and photo manipulation etc. News is easier to fake.

I am just saying.
I think you are just here to trash threads.


The OP called it right, you have not. Your "contribution" offers no explanation. Just gibberish about your off topic idea of the internet.
__________________
"people don't like communism because they like to own stuff"!
-Frank Zappa
arcyclus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #11
ibaster
Senior Member
 
ibaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode reality View Post
Just speaking my truth now. It will probably differ from a lot of the consensus opionins on this subject.

I don't think that knowing '9/11 was an inside job' makes a person any less prone to ignorance in other areas of life. Whilst it's important to know in a socio-political way, to me it isn't the most important truth.

To allow those things to be too predominant in thinking only serves to reinforce a sense of being a slave. It doesn't actually free you from the prison, it only makes you more aware of the walls and the guards! We already know that the system lies and does evil - the additional conspiracy information is just 'business as per usual' - it isn't really telling any sane person what they already know. Self knowledge, understanding how you function and your latent potential, how human beings are made up and how they function is of far greater importance to me, ultimately. It's the absence of that kind of self knowledge that causes many of the problems we encounter.

Even if you're aware of a conspiracy, from what I've observed for a decade is this: it seems that the only outlets are:

a) Talking to 'the converted' online

b) Talking to 'the converted' at conferences

Perhaps that's a big reason why Joe Public in general doesn't want to go there - they've got other things to attend to. They're not obliged to believe in anything.
People think that because they all "know" something, that others apparently don`t "know", that they are better off. Of course that just means they know it is not a shower they are about to have but a gassing. I also agree that "knowing" this thing about 9/11(which of course is any number of things depending on your beliefs) does not mean you aren`t ignorant about other things. Not all the world can be covered by Icke or Jones or whoever and even if it were it would not excuse you automatically from ignorance.
__________________
I attribute the little I know to my not having been ashamed to ask for information, and to my rule of conversing with all descriptions of men on those topics that form their own peculiar professions and pursuits.
John Locke
ibaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #12
jikwan
Senior Member
 
jikwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: between nothingness and eternity
Posts: 1,178
Default

voddi,
werent you at one time as ignorant as the rest of them?
were you born awakened?
and how did it feel to be unawakened?

once you did wake to the reality-did you suddenly
change your actiond quickly and dramatically-or did
it take a few years?
jikwan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:58 AM   #13
decode reality
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibaster View Post
People think that because they all "know" something, that others apparently don`t "know", that they are better off. Of course that just means they know it is not a shower they are about to have but a gassing. I also agree that "knowing" this thing about 9/11(which of course is any number of things depending on your beliefs) does not mean you aren`t ignorant about other things. Not all the world can be covered by Icke or Jones or whoever and even if it were it would not excuse you automatically from ignorance.
Ironically, the person who believes that they know better may in fact have hit upon some genuine truths. Though it's an easily made mistake to equate this with being more 'knowing' than other people. Truth doesn't force itself upon people, they either choose to believe and embrace it or they have the free will to reject it. That's how it should be conveyed, ideally (and it ain't easy sometimes).
__________________
"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." - Socrates
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #14
Dude111
Senior Member
 
Dude111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 15,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodkafan28
I believe most average people just can't handle the truth.
I think most of them ARE PROGRAMMED TO BELIEVE MAINSTREAM LIES AND DISREGARD EVERYTHING ELSE!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:55 AM   #15
vodkafan28
Senior Member
 
vodkafan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jikwan View Post
voddi,
werent you at one time as ignorant as the rest of them?
were you born awakened?
and how did it feel to be unawakened?

once you did wake to the reality-did you suddenly
change your actiond quickly and dramatically-or did
it take a few years?
Yes, I was partly ignorant like many of them, but not completely like them. I've been more open-minded to many controversial topics. Even 4 years ago I was listening to Coast to Coast AM. And I was a sophomore in high school. But when I see how stupid people are these days, I don't really care about their fates. Let them be micro-chipped, brain-dead sheep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude111 View Post
I think most of them ARE PROGRAMMED TO BELIEVE MAINSTREAM LIES AND DISREGARD EVERYTHING ELSE!!
Well yeah, to them it's the truth because it's in front of their faces 24/7. :P
vodkafan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:26 AM   #16
ibaster
Senior Member
 
ibaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcyclus View Post
I think you are just here to trash threads.


The OP called it right, you have not. Your "contribution" offers no explanation. Just gibberish about your off topic idea of the internet.
It is rather foolish to expect everybody responding to agree with you 100% on anything and everything you say. It is childish to just shout down a viewpoint without any kind of actual critique or reasoning. If you think I am trashing a thread by responding all I can say is at least it is a response to the topic. I think you learn more by discussion and debate then from just putting each other down.
__________________
I attribute the little I know to my not having been ashamed to ask for information, and to my rule of conversing with all descriptions of men on those topics that form their own peculiar professions and pursuits.
John Locke
ibaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:01 AM   #17
thedefender
Senior Member
 
thedefender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,408
Default

I could write up a long analysis concerning why people choose to remain ignorant, however, I will choose one word only to describe them and that word is egocentnonic. They deliberately choose to live the way they do, in total ignorance even thought they recognize a problem exists. They do so because it is far more easier to them to live according to their preplanned simple existence than rather face the harsh reality. They are operating on a level of reality which mimics dreamland or sleep, and it is far more palatable to live that way then wake up and face the grotesqueness of the situation they are actually in.
thedefender is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:10 AM.