Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 15-05-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
edelweiss pirate

Default Who else thinks the new series of Dr Who is shit?

Just piss poor.

I think the series is going to die soon.......

So crap compared to the recent series with Tennant and Ecclestone, not to mention Davidson and Tom Baker.

Just crap..... scary monsters is one thing but crap childish storylines is another.

Seems that the series is now becoming totally aimed at children.....

I won't even watch the next one.....I've been disappointed by every episode of this series so far.

The Doctor has become an annoying twit who thinks he's tough but clearly isn't.

Amy Pond is a grumpy cow who just bitches at Rory all the time.

Poor Rory doesn't even get any lines anymore.

The scripts and plots are awful......

Oh well, was good while it lasted.....

Visit the Truthatron

Visit the Truthspoon

From the man they couldn't recruit. Illuminati analysis, and a bit of messing about on the side.

Last edited by edelweiss pirate; 15-05-2011 at 05:57 PM.
edelweiss pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #2
hollow
Inactive

It's the only new TV program I still watch, and I've only seen the first two and I thought it was quite brilliant, not up to the standard of the Tom Baker years, but hey thats okay, much better now than 10, cant even remember his name, it'll come to me hold on....no its gone. But that was shit, Deus Ex Machina endings, piss poor acting and soapy family BS.
hollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
tits mcgee
Banned

I can't watch the modern version of Dr Who.

Give me Tom Baker era or don't bother at all.
tits mcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 12:26 PM   #4
rhydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by tits mcgee View Post
I can't watch the modern version of Dr Who.

Give me Tom Baker era or don't bother at all.
I was going to say Tom Baker! He was the best doctor in my opinion, when the series wasn't so contrived. I can't say I have really watched it since the 70s when I used to look forward to it coming on when I got home from school.
Old 15-05-2011, 12:26 PM   #5
catnap

I agree - its totally crap.

Cant stand the whole Amy and Rory thing. Cant stand Amy full stop.

Wont be watching the rest of the series!

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. Martin Luther King, Jr.
catnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #6
knightofthegrail
Banned

The current series is better than the previous Matt Smith ones, but yes its far far to wizzy zappy and Pond needs evaporating (although they have at least turned down the blatant sluttiness of her from the first series).

Give me John Pertwee any day.
knightofthegrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 12:34 PM   #7
entrangermercenary
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate View Post
Just piss poor.

I think the series is going to die soon.......

So crap compared to the recent series with Tennant and Ecclestone, not to mention Davidson and Tom Baker.

Just crap..... scary monsters is one thing but crap childish storylines is another.

Seems that the series is now becoming totally aimed at children.....

I won't even watch the next one.....I've been disappointed by every episode of this series so far.

The Doctor has become an annoying twit who thinks he's tough by clearly isn't.

Amy Pond is a grumpy cow who just bitches at Rory all the time.

Poor Rory doesn't even get any lines anymore.

The scripts and plots are awful......

Oh well, was good while it lasted.....
Am I missing something..

I watched DR who when I was a kid....errr as it was aimed at kids
entrangermercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #8
hollow
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by entrangermercenary View Post
Am I missing something..

We are all kids at heart.
Old 15-05-2011, 01:14 PM   #9
ragnarok

It's been fairly shit since forever, I think. I just wasn't old enough to realise it in the beginning.
Old 15-05-2011, 01:23 PM   #10
ruddd

Its all subliminal crap anyway. Ethics, political correctness, your typical washed out BBC bollocks packaged, polished and given a name.

Just look at the Christmas Special for example Fish representative of Christianity with the Evil Banker cryogentically freezing his misses and blaming the world for her getting cancer. What does that have to do with aliens and saving the world If that's not a preplanned script hinting at the Rockefella agenda I don't know what is.
ruddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 02:02 PM   #11
edelweiss pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by entrangermercenary View Post
Am I missing something..

I don't think so.

It was on TV before 9pm so kids watched it.

Doesn't mean it was solely aimed at kids.....

I watched the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy when I was a kid.

Was that a kids' tv show?

Douglas Adams wrote some series for the Tom Baker Doctor. He's not known as a writer of children's stories is he?

Visit the Truthatron

Visit the Truthspoon

From the man they couldn't recruit. Illuminati analysis, and a bit of messing about on the side.

Last edited by edelweiss pirate; 15-05-2011 at 02:06 PM.
edelweiss pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 02:22 PM   #12
hollow
Inactive

Doctor Who has a way of totally bypassing my cynical side completely.
And for that I love it completely. You lot need to watch Colin Baker for an example of real shit.
David Tennant btw, I finally remembered, that was toss.
Old 15-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #13
merlincove
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
It's been fairly shit since forever, I think. I just wasn't old enough to realise it in the beginning.
yeah, i think so too - though it used to be mildly amusing, i haven't watched it for a while - i do intend getting the DVD sets released since its revival - it's easy enough watching.

(i've just edited a few off topic posts and amended the title btw )
merlincove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #14
irrepressible
Inactive

Load of bollocks the new ones. Baker and Davidson are the best era. They had charm and character, making the best of shoestring budgets.
Sad to see how shit Doctor Who has become
irrepressible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 03:35 PM   #15
gestaltdude

Its an interesting show, is Doctor Who. Its fans a more polarized than any i know. Trekkies may argue over who was the better captain, Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway or Archer, but they still agree that the show itself is worthwhile.

Before i get too involved, just a little FYI. No, it was not aimed at kids when it was first conceived; at the very least the teen-young adult market had the lions share of the viewers. Some of it seemed hokey, particularly in the first few seasons, when they tried doing some semi-educationalk historical piece, though they were bo no mens terrible. That being said listening to Marco Polo and Ghengis Khan with british (or very fake Chinese) accents couldnt have added much.

I think the reason for the vast range of opinions is because people a) wtch for very different reasons and b) it has been going so long that people view their favourites through the proverbial rose coloured lens. For exanmple, many posts have refered to the Baker years almost with reverence, and Ill admit some of them were good stories. Even 35 years later The Pyramids of MArs still captivated my then 8 year old son. Compar them to the later seasons, however, eg Horns of the Nimon, Underworld, Nightmare of Eden, Creature from the Pit (Dr Who meets the Blob)...They stank, and hopefully wil remain forever in the BBC basement, which would be apt given thats where the sent the ratings.

However the biggest factor is that every actor has to do something different in order to distinuish himself in the role, and in many ways they cannot win. Either they change too much and be called unDoctor-like, or the ydont change enough and are called inferior copies of their predecessor. Age also plays a factor. Smith can get away with more fun stuff, like playing soccer in The Lodger, Tennant had to deal with the emotional side of his companions in wys no other doctor has had to. Ecclestone had the greatest pressure on him; if he didnt do a good job it would have eneded aftr the first series, and there were many clamouring for Paul Mcgann to make his small screen debut. Also bear in mind that today's audience is, to be blunt, more sophisticated, expecting more from their shows, maybe even more ploitically aware. eg UNIT changing from the United Nations Intelligence Taskforce in the 60's and 70's to the Unified Nations, because the UN wasnt comfortable putting their name on it anymore.

I dont think anyone will ever agree with all of it. Either the sets are too cheap (vacuum cleaner hoses for jungle vines in Face of Evil, the effects corny (all the chromokey in Underworld), or the companions one dimnensional (who didnt want to punch Adric in the throat). the producers will never be able to please everyone, so either take it for what it is, an entertainment show, or forget about it.

That being said i loved two lines from todays ep. "(biting)it's like kissing, only there's a winner", and "...so I stole a time lord and ravelled the universe."

Last edited by gestaltdude; 15-05-2011 at 03:37 PM.
gestaltdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 03:59 PM   #16
hypatie

Hiya, I'm new at posting ( have lurked/read for years though) so don't duff me up too badly...
I've always loved DW, yes am more of a Baker/Pertwee gal as that was my own childhood. I loved Tennant too, mind you. Matt Smith, quirky but lacks gravitas.

I think the show has now become more explicity a kid's TV programme than it was even under Russell T Davies as showrunner. It's odd, as you could regard Moffat as a more 'serious' writer~ The 'Blink' episode is a classic IMO.

What has intrigued me the last series or so is the convergence of Moffat's plot lines and many of the topics we look at here:
1) Original Reptile Race living under the planet who want it back.~ 'The Hungry Earth/Cold Blood'
2)Shadow Alien presence controlling U.S govt who have been here a long time~ 'The Impossible Astronaut'

There are a few more I guess, but those two stood out.
I'm not saying it's promoting any agenda( explicitly) but maybe Moff is a lurker..?
Be kind.
H
hypatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 04:17 PM   #17
spyroid

I've never really liked it either, but I've watched a few of the eps from this series and the last. I found the original sort of scary in a beguiling kind of way. I think it was the music, I was only about 6.

Did anyone see the blatant red pentagram randomly thrown in last weeks, the pirate ep?

Now, the Pond... Can't believe the haters! I find her quite lovely and don't mind watching her faff about If it wasn't for her I probably wouldn't have watched it at all, as she's what caught my attention

It is pretty shit in general though. Sci Fi for the X factor generation. Most decent Sci Fi has a good message or obsevation or two embeded in it somewhere, whereas I've gleaned none from any of this that I've seen, though I have heard someone compare these 'Silence' jobbies to Ickes reptiles...
spyroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 04:33 PM   #18
hollow
Inactive

I watched the other two I hadnt watched, didnt rate ep.3 the pirate ship one, but ep.4 is sublime, you are all dead inside. I dont want to say I pity you, but I do.
You're all in such a rush to act all grown-up arent you?
Plus it featured the most gorgeous actress this country has, the lovely miss Suranne Jones.
So you can all bollocks basically.
Old 15-05-2011, 04:36 PM   #19

It's just not the same anymore......

Old 15-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #20
hollow
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyroid View Post
I've never really liked it either, but I've watched a few of the eps from this series and the last. I found the original sort of scary in a beguiling kind of way. I think it was the music, I was only about 6.

Did anyone see the blatant red pentagram randomly thrown in last weeks, the pirate ep?

Now, the Pond... Can't believe the haters! I find her quite lovely and don't mind watching her faff about If it wasn't for her I probably wouldn't have watched it at all, as she's what caught my attention

It is pretty shit in general though. Sci Fi for the X factor generation. Most decent Sci Fi has a good message or obsevation or two embeded in it somewhere, whereas I've gleaned none from any of this that I've seen, though I have heard someone compare these 'Silence' jobbies to Ickes reptiles...
Who cares if theres a pentagram in it? Its just a shape, you are all so superstitous on this site, you are supposed to be rational awake people, shit just remembered who's site I'm on....scratch that.