Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Nutrition / Diet / Alternative Therapies / Healing
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
lesleypumpshaft

Default Can you make your period come early?

Is there anything you can do to make a period come early?Any herbs etc?

Has anyone tried anything that works?

I am sitting here drinking my cinnamon tea as I have pms, stomach cramps, bloating and I am not due for a week, I can't have a whole week of this

I'll let you know if it works.

Last edited by lesleypumpshaft; 01-05-2011 at 06:08 PM.
lesleypumpshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:29 PM   #2
manmade
Inactive

Sorry to hear you feel like crap!

I really think diet has a big impact on womens' periods. There are many women who eat a low-fat raw-vegan diet and their periods completely stop - I don't know if this is healthy tho. The general idea seems to be that the lighter and more natural the foods a woman eats.. i.e. fruit, veg, nuts, fish.. the lighter her period and the less noticable the symptoms during her menstrual cycle. While women who eat a heavier diet consisting of wheat, red meat and particularly any junk food - especially chocolate, which seems to go hand in hand with women on their period - tend to experience a heavier period with more unpleasant and uncomfortable symptoms for a longer length of time.

As for inducing your period.. eating vitamin C rich foods is the way to go. It starves the uterus of a particular hormone (tho I forget the name of it) which causes the breaking down of the uterus lining to bring on menstruation - don't ask me how I know that!

Last edited by manmade; 01-05-2011 at 06:29 PM.
manmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:37 PM   #3
lesleypumpshaft

Thanks for your advice, I have been following a raw vegan diet. Last month my period came early with hardly any pms symptoms, I put this down to my raw fooding. This month is different and I have fallen off my raw wagon yesterday and today big time because of intense food cravings

I'll try some high strength vitamin C supplements on top of loads of fruit and veggies.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:44 PM   #4
manmade
Inactive

I'm all for raw-veganism but I humbly urge you to take an omega 3 supplement of some kind because these are IMO the most important nutrients for our body next to water and oxygen.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:49 PM   #5
lesleypumpshaft

I have been wondering about this and how effective plant sources of Omega 3 are. I have been eating flax seed.

Interestingly last night I ate a bag of walnuts followed by two bits of fish. I ate fish again today. Not very vegan or raw For a while I was worried that the raw vegan police would come knocking at my door, then I realised that there was no point in self flagellating over a couple of bowls of crunchy oat cereal and some fish

I am going to take a load of vitamin C when my cinnamon tea has gone down. I read cinnamon can bring on menstruation, have you heard of that?
Old 01-05-2011, 07:06 PM   #6
manmade
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesleypumpshaft View Post
I have been wondering about this and how effective plant sources of Omega 3 are. I have been eating flax seed.

Interestingly last night I ate a bag of walnuts followed by two bits of fish. I ate fish again today. Not very vegan or raw For a while I was worried that the raw vegan police would come knocking at my door, then I realised that there was no point in self flagellating over a couple of bowls of crunchy oat cereal and some fish

I am going to take a load of vitamin C when my cinnamon tea has gone down. I read cinnamon can bring on menstruation, have you heard of that?
Haha the raw vegan police are KA-razy!

If your body is wanting fish then I'd say eat it. Cooked fish is not the best source of omega 3's because it's cooked and the omega 3 fats are fragile and easily deformed by heat. But fish is nonetheless a healthy food. Flaxseeds are by far the best source of omega 3's just below raw deep sea fish oil. The problem is the seeds pass thru most people whole so our body doesn't get the benefit of the oils and the ground flax seeds lose a lot of their nutrients. The best thing to do is boil 3 tablespoons of flaxseeds in 1 liter of water everyday. The fats are cooked out of the seeds and you drink the water. It's gloopy and needs a little water added to make it pleasant to drink. It's a very soothing and comforting drink. The oils are cooked but being raw-vegan(ish) I'm guessing you won't want to take raw fish oil.

BTW walnuts are low in omega 3 and high in omega 6.

I don't know about the chamomile. But I've heard parsley or ginger tea can also help to induce a period - no personal experience on that one tho!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:17 PM   #7
domathy
Banned

Great advice above. It really sounds like your body is crying out for Omega 3&6 - but it is VERY difficult to get oil that is not oxidized. I normally buy Udo's oil from my local health store as they keep the oil in the freezer and so freshness is guaranteed. Out of laziness i bought some from holland and barratt - and tasted it just now and tastes totally oxidized and rancid. They obviously just store in out back of the shop, then put it in the fridge on shop floor. Cost £11 for 500ml so will be taking it back tomorrow.

Try and find Udo's or Barleans - both great brands. I have tested all the brands, and even 'fresh' hemp oil just hours old - again oxidised. Any heat, air or light in the manufacturing process and it will go rancid. The equipment required to press oil without oxidization is very expensive so most do it the cheap and cheerful way then label it 'cold pressed' (the laws are very relaxed on labelling oil as cold pressed)
Do some research - find a shop/online supplier who is sympathetic to what I just wrote - as it is worth the research. You need oil, and if you find a good source it will make a massive difference to your health. It probably the most important issue regarding health.
domathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #8
lesleypumpshaft

I am trying to sprout some fax, it has gone all gloopy after soaking, but is easier to eat. Have you been able to sprout it? I read that it makes the omega 3 more bio available.

I am sprouting hemp as well.

I suppose the occasional blow out won't hurt, it's better than being a raw bore
Old 01-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #9
domathy
Banned

Quote:
I am trying to sprout some fax, it has gone all gloopy after soaking, but is easier to eat. Have you been able to sprout it? I read that it makes the omega 3 more bio available.

Focus on nutrients, and less on avoiding 'bad' or cooked food. I eat loads of raw, but also steamed veg and cooked grain and I eat plenty of chocolate and my health has never been better. My 2 yrs of 100% raw were not much fun.

Sprouted hemp is fantastic as the ratio of omega 3&6 is perfect. Eat tons of it, but spread doses throughout the day and dont eat loads all in one sitting as that is counterproductive. Sprouted hemp will change your life

Last edited by domathy; 01-05-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:33 PM   #10
manmade
Inactive

Quote:

It's meant to go gloopy - that's the omega 3 fats!

I'm too lazy to sprout - having to wash the seeds every 12 hours for 5-6 days is too much of a chore for me! I buy sprouted seeds from my local farmers market/shop. But yea, doing that will make the nutrients more bio available.

Last edited by manmade; 01-05-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:44 PM   #11
lesleypumpshaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by domathy View Post
Focus on nutrients, and less on avoiding 'bad' or cooked food. I eat loads of raw, but also steamed veg and cooked grain and I eat plenty of chocolate and my health has never been better. My 2 yrs of 100% raw were not much fun.

Sprouted hemp is fantastic as the ratio of omega 3&6 is perfect. Eat tons of it, but spread doses throughout the day and dont eat loads all in one sitting as that is counterproductive. Sprouted hemp will change your life
Excellent, I just bought a couple of big bags of hemp seed and this is my first time sprouting it I was getting so bored of my usual mung beans, chickpeas and lentils

Quote:
Originally Posted by manmade View Post

I'm too lazy to sprout - having to wash the seeds every 12 hours for 5-6 days is too much of a chore for me! I buy sprouted seeds from my local farmers market/shop. But yea, doing that will make the nutrients more bio available.
I see, so I'll try your boiling technique.

Does omega 3 affect women's cycles?
Old 01-05-2011, 09:05 PM   #12
domathy
Banned

Quote:

Yeah, the consistency is pretty grim, must be similar to what women experience when they swallow.....,never mind. but soaked flax is much better for absorbtion of fats. I gave up on Sprouting - except hemp, its soo easy and really worth it.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:07 PM   #13
domathy
Banned

I used to make flax tea (boiling the seeds) and actually think I got a great deal of benefit.

Hemp is really great - I think there must be some THC as I find it relaxes mmy nervous system too
Old 01-05-2011, 09:11 PM   #14
manmade
Inactive

Omega 3's are involved in regulating most of the bodies functions and processes including your period. They are important for so many things it would take too long to list.

Last edited by manmade; 01-05-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #15
manmade
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by domathy View Post
Yeah, the consistency is pretty grim, must be similar to what women experience when they swallow.....,never mind. but soaked flax is much better for absorbtion of fats. I gave up on Sprouting - except hemp, its soo easy and really worth it.
Hahaha! I had the same thought the first time I tried it. I might give sprouting hemp a go then - as long as I don't have to rinse it twice a day. I think omega 3's have a relaxing effect on muscles and nerves and they give the brain a boost of.. forgotten the word.. that feel-good, happy chemical?

Last edited by manmade; 01-05-2011 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #16
yourbodyisall

I would skip the sprouting personally, isn't that supposed to convert the fats into carbs anyway?

But I definitely agree that what you need are fats/oils. Hormones and sexual fluids are built out of fats so they would definitely play an important role in your flow time.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #17
yourbodyisall

Quote:
Hahaha! I had the same thought the first time I tried it. I might give sprouting hemp a go then - as long as I don't have to rinse it twice a day. I think omega 3's have a relaxing effect on muscles and nerves and they give the brain a boost of.. forgotten the word.. that feel-good, happy chemical?
Serotonin? Dopamine? I get that with avocado's personally. Those chemicals are made from fats, so perhaps the body can just produce sufficient quantities with the right fuels.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #18
manmade
Inactive

Haha yes, you got it. Thank-you. You know our body produces omega 9's by itself, do you think there was a time when it produced the omega 3's & 6's too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbodyisall View Post
Serotonin? Dopamine? I get that with avocado's personally. Those chemicals are made from fats, so perhaps the body can just produce sufficient quantities with the right fuels.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:46 PM   #19
ufochick

Try some catnip and berry (any red kind, purple/blue kinds work but not as weel) tea to help you feel better. Don't think it will bring an early period but brew a strong tea and it might help.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:26 PM   #20
yourbodyisall

Quote:
Haha yes, you got it. Thank-you. You know our body produces omega 9's by itself, do you think there was a time when it produced the omega 3's & 6's too?
I think you can produce anything given sufficient energy. So I do think it can and probably has been done. But I think its fairly difficult in our current environment where so much is needed just to detoxify.

~~~

Catnip, that's interesting ufochick. Any idea why it works?