Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Nutrition / Diet / Alternative Therapies / Healing
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
rreeve

Question Best way to clean tobacco/coffee stained teeth

I'm trying to give up smoking. I'm determind to give up even though I haven't been successful yet but I'm going to keep trying until I do succeed. Anyway, I know its only a cosmetic solution until I give up smoking and drinking coffee but does anyone here know of an effective and quick way to remove the tobacco and coffee stains from my teeth. I want to get them pearly white again so I can smile confidently without being conscious of showing the world I smoke. At the moment my teeth are not yellow but they're not white either and I need to know how to clean them properly. I bought myself a FIRM headed toothbrush and smokers toothpaste in the hope this would work but they appear to have made little difference at all.

Any tips on how to remove tobacco stains from teeth would be really appriciated.
rreeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
nadams

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreeve View Post
I'm trying to give up smoking. I'm determind to give up even though I haven't been successful yet but I'm going to keep trying until I do succeed. Anyway, I know its only a cosmetic solution until I give up smoking and drinking coffee but does anyone here know of an effective and quick way to remove the tobacco and coffee stains from my teeth. I want to get them pearly white again so I can smile confidently without being conscious of showing the world I smoke. At the moment my teeth are not yellow but they're not white either and I need to know how to clean them properly. I bought myself a FIRM headed toothbrush and smokers toothpaste in the hope this would work but they appear to have made little difference at all.

Any tips on how to remove tobacco stains from teeth would be really appriciated.
Wilkinsons (UK) sell a tooth cleaner brush. Very abrasive but thats the point.

Carefull round the gumline.
The Cat: You must be. Or you wouldn't have come here.
nadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
domathy
Banned

My teeth were very stained from heavy smoking. Tried all sorts of natural stuff but nothing worked.

This did the trick:

www.smile4you.co.uk

Took about 2 weeks to get all the stains off but saw results almost right away.
Costs about 20.
Use sodium bicarb in water and soak gums and teeth as will help compensate for any irritation caused by the whitening kit.

Then give up smoking and coffee. Dont become hooked on the whitening kit as it may eventually harm your teeth. I still eat chocolate and this stains a little bit and so i top up the whiteness every few months but only a small treatment - will try giving up choc too.
domathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #4
shadowmoon

Jut quit smoking, its not that hard to do really! much easier than you think.

If it makes your teeth yellow what colour will it make your insides..?
shadowmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:35 PM   #5
john devine
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by domathy View Post
My teeth were very stained from heavy smoking. Tried all sorts of natural stuff but nothing worked.

This did the trick:

www.smile4you.co.uk

Costs about 20.
Use sodium bicarb in water and soak gums and teeth as will help compensate for any irritation caused by the whitening kit.

Then give up smoking and coffee. Dont become hooked on the whitening kit as it may eventually harm your teeth. I still eat chocolate and this stains a little bit and so i top up the whiteness every few months but only a small treatment - will try giving up choc too.
any chance of a photograph of your teeth to show us an example of how good this advice is ?
john devine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:36 PM   #6
tits mcgee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadams View Post
Wilkinsons (UK) sell a tooth cleaner brush. Very abrasive but thats the point.

Carefull round the gumline.
Wouldn't that run the risk of stripping the enamel as well?
tits mcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:32 PM   #7
domathy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by john devine View Post
any chance of a photograph of your teeth to show us an example of how good this advice is ?
Below is a close up shot of one of my teeth. Please use the white background for contrast:

My teeth are white, no?

Last edited by domathy; 10-04-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #8
curtaincat
Banned

Quote:
Below is a close up shot of one of my teeth. Please use the white background for contrast:

My teeth are white, no?

quoting to see pic

edit, cant see ??

Last edited by curtaincat; 10-04-2011 at 04:49 PM.
curtaincat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:08 PM   #9
domathy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtaincat View Post
quoting to see pic

edit, cant see ??
Ah, it was a joke - fooled ya

I cant copy and paste pics for some reason - i think cos i got a free DIF account?
Old 11-04-2011, 05:12 PM   #10
rreeve

Quote:

This did the trick:

www.smile4you.co.uk

Costs about 20.

Brilliant, thank you!
I will give it a try and paste the before and after pictures when its done.

Last edited by rreeve; 11-04-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:36 PM   #11
coco

Quote:
Ah, it was a joke - fooled ya

I cant copy and paste pics for some reason - i think cos i got a free DIF account?
No, I have a free account and can post pics.

A forum dedicated to the research, discussion, reporting and classifying of the UFO phenomenon.
http://www.uforesearchnetwork.proboards.com/index.cgi

Last edited by coco; 11-04-2011 at 05:36 PM.
coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:32 PM   #12
kernelpower

tooth whitening works 110% but if you smoke afterwards your throwing your money down the drain!! expect to pay from 125 to 500 but it does work way way better than bicarb or any of that stuff.
kernelpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:04 PM   #13
sofa king

Almost all of those kits are peroxide based.

I swish 3% peroxide before and after brushing. Rinse very well to remove all trace of peroxide or you gums will get irritated.
sofa king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:59 PM   #14
mijas
Premier Subscribers

Crest 3D Whitening Strips are good, have a look at some reviews on You Tube, get the ones with the advanced seal. You can get them on ebay. It might give you the incentive to give up smoking when you see an improvement in teeth colour! They do contain hydrogen peroxide but are about as good as you can get without getting professional laser whitening. Most beauty blogs swear by them. Use them every other day if you have sensitivity.
You can also get a toothpowder called Eco-Dent, this does not contain glycerin, which is not the best thing for teeth apparently & almost all toothpastes contain it. I've used it for about a year now & have not had any dental problems, its good for whitening also as it contains baking soda. You can get an Ultimate Whitening version with extra whitening ingredients, its mostly natural ingredients. Takes a bit of getting used to but now I wouldnt use anything else.
mijas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:07 PM   #15
nadams

Quote:
Originally Posted by tits mcgee View Post
Wouldn't that run the risk of stripping the enamel as well?
It does, only tried it once, very nasty.

Depends on how much you want white teeth.

I think Eucryl works better, or safer.
The Cat: You must be. Or you wouldn't have come here.

Last edited by nadams; 11-04-2011 at 10:08 PM.
nadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2011, 09:09 AM   #16
teddie

Default Clay whitens and strengthens teeth

I tried various teeth whiteners but they damage the teeth and the effects don't last long.
The I tried bentonite clay leaving it on teeth and gums overnight. The clay was a bit brown, but it made my teeth really white and healthy in a few days. Works well, doesn't cost much, the minerals in the clay detox and heal your teeth too. Nature rules!
teddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #17
kiolm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreeve View Post

Baking soda. It's that easy. And your mouth will feel cleaner and no morning breath.
I offer the moonies my signature if they can post one photo with evidence for a rocket on the moon. Moonies, Never letting the facts get in the way of a good story. Also explain how 2 planes can bring down 3 buildings
kiolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 01:54 AM   #18
lordzoma

Google Oil Pulling.
Old 19-04-2011, 04:26 AM   #19
kiolm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordzoma View Post
Google Oil Pulling.
Done that too and you'll be amazed how clean your mouth gets. But it's a lot of work.
I offer the moonies my signature if they can post one photo with evidence for a rocket on the moon. Moonies, Never letting the facts get in the way of a good story. Also explain how 2 planes can bring down 3 buildings
kiolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 11:47 AM   #20
rreeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordzoma View Post
Google Oil Pulling.

Well thats very interesting indeed, i'd never ever heard of that before. I will definitly give it a try and report my results. I want to start trying it now but I was wondering, does it have to be sunflower oil or sesame oil because I don't have these at home at the moment so i'll have to go to the shop. How about Olive Oil? I have plenty of this at home right now? (cooking olive oil)

Also, do you know what the active ingredient is for this? is it just the water resistent properties of the oil that makes this work? If so, then olive oil should be okay too!