Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Recommended Reading, Viewing and Audio
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2011, 01:29 PM   #1
prowler

Default Hawkwind

Just saw them in Melbourne...great night.
prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:10 PM   #2
mcburney

Great Band..good and only Hawkwind documentary below.
very funny in places.

mcburney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:11 PM   #3
bukowski
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcburney View Post
Great Band..good and only Hawkwind documentary below.
very funny in places.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRw_rvrXQiQ
Couple of BIG problems with that hawkwind 'Documentary'

It doesn't feature ONE WORD from FOUNDER AND MAINMAN Dave 'the baron' Brock

Instead they let Nick Whatshisface talk shit for most of it, he was always an idiot, shite sax player and wailed barbage over the other musicians til he got kicked out.

Violin Player Simon House is the only one interviewed who gives a real picture of Nick's 'contribution'

oh yeah, nik turner, thats his name, he is NOT a musician, he is a camp 'performance artist' and is more into wearing stupid , attention seeking costumes than playing music,

Also the film had too much from Lemmy who we all know from Motorhead, but he only ever did one album with Hawkwind and got kicked out for being a speed addict.
Trust me , amphetamine addicts make LOUSY musicians, they can't keep time, they can't FEEL a groove, they talk too much, they can't chill out and make etherial sounds

The film totally misses the great 90's era when they did albums like 'Space bandits' and hosted the legendary 12 HOUR TECHNICOLOUR DREAM concerts overnight at Brixton Academy (First place I saw Ozrics- mindblowing)

It doesn't mention Alan Davey who played bass for 15-20 years with the band and was 100 time the bassist Lemmy is (oh , but Lemmy's 'such a charachter' , with his warts and his alcoholism and nazi uniforms)

Film doesn't mention Dave Anderson who played bass with Hawkwind for as long as Lemmy did AND played in 'Amon Duul' AND opened a recording studio in Wales where Ozric Tentacles recorded thier two classic albums Pungent effulgent' and 'Erpland'

Film doesn't mention the HAWKFEST semi-private fanclub festival where Hawkwind and many of thier offshoots play once a year. THEY HAVE THIER OWN FESTIVAL

Seemed like it was a hit piece against Brock who is the man who kept Hawkwind GOING all these years!!!
Nik turner got together with his luvvie bumchums in the BBC and interviewd anyone who had a grudge against Dave Brock

How come they didn't interview Harvey Bainbridge, Tim Blake, Alan Davey, Richard Chadwick (Hawkwind drums for 23 years), Ginger Baker, Dave Anderson?

Because they couldn't get those guys to do the dirty on Dave Brock

On conclusion the film has SOME good info, but misses GREAT CHUNKS of history and most of the BEST BITS. It focuses on the more forgettable shite like 'silver machine' and ignores the great bits. the film is very skewed and tries to paint a false picture and promote nik turners bogus rip-off act 'space ritual' tribute act.

A Hawkwind documentary without Brock is half hearted at best, but this one actually attempts to paint out Dave Brock from the legacy he Built . Hawkwind IS Dave Brock's legacy yet they interview camp luvvie Nik Turncoat and 'one song' Lemmy who is still dining out on ace of spades.

Imagine what a good film it Could be if they got some anecdotes from Dave Brock, the creative force and enduring heart of Hawkwind, instead of letting camp luvvie nik turner drip his bile into our ears .
Still it's worth seeing to hear what Simon House has to say
bukowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:01 PM   #4
prowler

Dave Brock...definately a legend.
He turns 70 this year and still kicks ass.
They also played Flying Doctor for us Aussies...couldnt get enough.
prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #5
kingldub

I'd never heard of Hawkwind until a few years back when a friend of mine had a spare ticket to one of their shows and asked if I wanted to come, I loved every second of i, great band. Didn't think much of Matthew Wright from Channel 5's The Wright Stuff doing the poetry though but was a good laugh none the less.
kingldub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2011, 05:25 PM   #6
diamond dogs

Never forget seeing Hawkwind at Rock St Youth Centre in Wellingborough and they played Silver Machine before it was in the charts, I was near the front where the stripper dancer brushed past me...the following week they were on TOTP..that was a great era
''Media control is still based in the main on cultural manipulation. It's just so easy to do. When you set up one set of objectives toward the public and you've given them a certain definition for each code word, you hit them with the various code words and they're not going to believe anything if you don't want them to." Bowie
diamond dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #7
spyroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
Dave Brock...definately a legend.
He turns 70 this year and still kicks ass.
They also played Flying Doctor for us Aussies...couldnt get enough.
Blimey. Fair play to him. It's always inspiring to see/know. Daevid Allen from Gong is 70 something too. Still going strong, as far out as ever!

What I also find special about Hawkwind/Brock is The viewpoint. Especially in the 90s, imo, they were right up there with Icke or Bill Hicks in trying to 'spread the word' through mainstream culture, for want of a better way of getting that across 'Welcome to the future' in particular is one of my favourite things ever, as much for the sentiment as the delivery. A poster on here who obviously has good taste has it for a sig. And check out the lyrics for 'Living on a knife edge/ The camera that couldn't lie'. From 1981!

Every time i go out i think i'm being checked out
Faceless people watching on a tv screen
Do you begin to sense it just beneath the surface
Reflections of a window whilst walking down the street

Computers are abused school records are fed
Police are checking on what you said
The number of your car is fed into a box
Your journey's being checked it's a paradox

Duplicate forms and id cards are next in line to disregard
Future generations are relying on us
It's a world we've made incubus

Living on a knife edge looking for the ground

I've got a book somewhere (Do Not Panic), there's a real funny bit in it where a member of the band (Terry Olis?) turns up in a red sports car, and Dave Brock goes outside and smashes the hell out of it with a cricket bat...Classy!

Last edited by spyroid; 15-03-2011 at 02:47 PM.
spyroid is offline   Reply With Quote