Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Nutrition / Diet / Alternative Therapies / Healing
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 25-02-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
mark1963

Default A herb that regenerates pancreatic cells in diabet

It's a common herb in India and other places, but it truly is a miracle, it lowers glucose levels and it actually cures the problem in the pancreas by regenerating the cells there, thus curing somewhat diabetes.

http://intelegen.com/nutrients/gymne...r_diabetes.htm

Quote:
Gymnema Sylvestre for Diabetes
We have had numerous requests for safe and clinically proven nutritional treatments for diabetes. Understandably, the scientific evidence that vanadium is toxic at levels that improved signs of diabetes in animals, as well as the fact that it has never been tested in humans, left many people feeling dismayed that vanadium has and is being purported as a effective nutritional therapy for diabetes. After searching the scientific literature for nutritional treatments that are backed by human studies showing both safety and effectiveness, we were astounded by a number of extremely promising studies in diabetic animals, as well as insulin dependent and non-insulin dependent human diabetics, that utilized the herb Gymnema sylvestre (GS).

What is Gymnema Sylvestre? Gymnema sylvestre (family Asclepiadaceae) is a woody climber that grows in tropical forests of the central and southern parts of India. In India, it has been used as a treatment for diabetes mellitus since ancient times. The first scientific confirmation of this traditional use in human diabetics came almost 70 years ago when it was demonstrated that the leaves of GS reduced urine glucose in diabetics.(1) Four years later it was shown that GS had a blood glucose lowering effect when there was residual pancreatic function, but was without effect in animals lacking pancreatic function, suggesting a direct effect on the pancreas.(2)
Despite the promise of these initial results, scientific inquiry into the effect of GS on diabetics was not seriously resumed until 1981 when it was again demonstrated that oral administration of the dried leaves of GS brings down blood glucose and raises serum insulin levels, recorded during an oral glucose tolerance test in diabetic animals and healthy human volunteers.(3) This 1981 investigation also showed lower blood glucose and increased serum insulin levels in a single case of maturity onset diabetes. Because a number of already approved pharmaceuticals have similar effects in Type 2 (non-insulin dependent) diabetics by increasing the insulin output of the remaining beta cells in the pancreas, interest in GS remained almost nonexistent. Unfortunately, these drugs do nothing to prevent the continued deterioration of pancreatic function or the abnormalities in blood chemistry, and usually require increasing dosages to control blood glucose levels. Again in 1988, research was published that documented the positive effect of GS on glucose homeostasis in diabetic animals.(4) However, this study went further by showing a normalization of glycosylated hemoglobin and glycosylated plasma proteins, two indicators of long term glucose control. Additionally, this study utilized a Gymnema sylvestre extract (GSE), rather than the whole leaves, in order to concentrate the active agents in Gymnema sylvestre (GS).

Evidence of a Miracle
In 1990 a series of published studies on GSE lifted this herb from interesting to revolutionary. To begin with, it was shown that the administration of GSE to diabetic animals not only resulted in improved glucose homeostasis, this improvement was accompanied by a regeneration of beta cells in the pancreas.(5) In the words of the authors, "This herbal therapy appears to bring about blood glucose homeostasis through increased serum insulin levels provided by repair/regeneration of the endocrine pancreas." To my knowledge, this is the only compound that has shown the ability to lessen indicators of diabetes by directly repairing/regenerating the pancreas cells responsible for producing insulin. As abnormalities in beta cell number and/or function are directly related to both Type I (insulin dependent) and Type II diabetes mellitus, it appeared that GS and GSE was a major discovery in the battle against one of the most common disorders in the world. Also in 1990, this same research team published results on their treatment of both Type I and Type II diabetics with GSE over a period of more than 2 years. In the case of Type II diabetics, GSE resulted in significant reductions in blood glucose, glycosylated hemoglobin, glycosylated plasma proteins, and conventional drug dosage.(6) At the beginning of the study all participants were taking oral antidiabetic medication, and treatment with GSE resulted not only in a lowering of oral medication necessity, but almost 25% of the participants were able to discontinue conventional oral medication and maintain blood glucose homeostasis with GSE alone. Additionally, GSE significantly improved cholesterol, triglyceride, and free fatty acid levels that were elevated in the study participants. The fact that GSE lowered conventional medication requirements, increased serum insulin levels, and required months to obtain optimal effects, led the authors to speculate that, "These data suggest that the beta cells may be regenerated/repaired in Type 2 diabetic patients on GSE supplementation." The control group used in this study not only didn't improve during the study period, they actually worsened. An additional study in Type 1 diabetics showed equally impressive results.(7) Insulin requirements came down together with blood glucose, glycosylated hemoglobin and glycosylated plasma protein levels. Serum lipids returned to near normal levels with GSE therapy. This may help prevent cardiovascular disease, a common complication in diabetics. Most impressively, an increase in C-peptide levels was found in these participants. This is strong indication of a restoration of insulin production, presumably due to regeneration/repair of beta cells in the pancreas. A control group showed none of these improvements, and actually worsened over the study period. Importantly, none of the participants in either of these studies presented any adverse side effects, although many patients developed hypoglycemia (low blood glucose) and required a lowering of their dose of conventional oral medication or insulin. Thus, any diabetic that uses GSE must carefully monitor blood glucose levels and adjust their medication, in consultation with their physician, to maintain desired blood glucose levels. This is because improved insulin production and release during GSE supplementation may result in over-medication, and thus low blood glucose levels, unless the dosage of conventional oral medication or insulin is lowered. Since most diabetics monitor their blood glucose levels on a daily basis, this shouldn't present a problem.

Because diabetes usually isn't recognized until significant damage has occurred to the pancreas cells responsible for producing insulin, GSE may be of use to anyone concerned about preventing the development of diabetes, as well as elderly persons who are at high risk for developing diabetes. Taking into account the impressiveness of these results, it is both shocking and dismaying that Gymnema sylvestre remains unknown and unutilized in most of the world. Because its usefulness in diabetes was first reported almost three- quarters of a century ago, the use of Gymnema sylvestre as a treatment for diabetes isn't patentable. I have no doubt that if the effects of Gymnema sylvestre were discovered tomorrow by a pharmaceutical company that had a patent on it, we would see it on the front page of the newspaper as it was hailed as the breakthrough of the century.

References:
1. K.G. Gharpurey, Indian Medical Gazette 1926; 61: 155 (Abstr).
2. K.S. Mhaskar, J.G. Caius, Indian Medical Research Memoirs 1930; 16: 2-75.
3. K.R. Shanmugasundaram, C. Panneerselvam, P. Samudram, et al,
Pharmacological Research Communications 1981; 13: 475-486.
4. E.R.B. Shanmugasundaram, M. Venkatasubramanyam, M. Vijendran, et al,
Ancient Science of Life 1988; 8: 183-194.
5. E.R.B. Shanmugasundaram, K.L. Gopinath, K. Rhada Shanmugasundaram, et al, Journal of Ethnopharmacology 1990; 30: 265-279.
6. K. Baskaran, B. Kizar Ahamath, K. Radha Shanmugasundaram, et al, Journal of Ethnopharmacology 1990; 30: 295-300.
7. E.R.B. Shanmugasundaram, G. Rajeswari, K. Baskaran, et al, Journal of
Ethnopharmacology 1990; 30: 281-294.

“Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.” - Buddha
mark1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2011, 12:13 PM   #2
blue2

Amazing but i wonder how long that will be allowed. B12 also regenerates cell growth.
blue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 10:08 AM   #3
healourhome

the directive coming next month (may 2011) will ban this herb and tonnes of others. the alliance for natural health are protesting this. help protect gynmema and our natural rights to all our other herbs by supporting them. gynmema is hugely important to many with diabetes. they need our support. x
Old 26-04-2011, 10:45 AM   #4
blue2

Did sign a couple of Petitions, Natural Health site has one. Also though on www.regenerativenutrition.co.uk Diabetes they did an article whereby hard fats,trans fats coated cell walls,receptors therefore glucose and other nutrients could not get in to nourish ans thus remained flowing through the blood stream and out through urine this also means minerals and vitamins are lost and not long back it was found B vitamins were lost from urine in Diabetes there were a number of things to use for this including Omega 3 to soften hard fats.
blue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #5
oneofthemasses

I always get nervous when I see these stories posted. I don't know about GS for cell regeneration, but B12 DOES work for sure (I'm on it for my thyroid condition right now). I'm not cured by any means (too early to report anything more yet), but at this point I think it's doing me wonders.

The reason why I get nervous is that it's hard to get the word out to people "underground" so to speak, and not get enough attention to attract those who will pull them off the market. I am scared shitless that these herbs/vitamins/supplements will be banned and what then. ?! Call me paranoid-for good reason.

On another note, if you are a Type 1 diabetic, or using any of these supplements for tissue regeneration due to another autoimmune disease (Thyroid disease, Addison's, etc). then what you need to do first is cut out all allergenic food triggers (gluten, milk, soy, personal allergens, etc.), eat an anti-inflammatory diet (olive oil, salmon, fruit, veggies, etc.), use garlic/oregeno to kill off any low grade chronic infection, and try to balance your PH. Basically, your goal is to cut out YOUR triggers (which will likely include some common ones plus individual allergens), reduce low grade infections (cure if possible), and make it hard for them to return or thrive. Probiotics also helps rebalance your immune system in the gut, key for autoimmune diseases. However, I cannot take probiotics (long story), so I highly suggest them but have no personal experience with them.

Your "success" rate would also probably have to do with how long you have had the disease, how much living cell tissue is left in the organ (if none-your chances may be slim although not impossible, the spleen may be a source for new cells), and some combination involving genetics and your individual circumstances that would allow regeneration. It's not a promise, but it's always worth a shot. Even if this allows someone to get better control of their diabetes, thyroid disease, etc. that's worth something in itself.

The new theory (even mainstream medicine accepts it as the evidence is too strong to refute) is that in at least some cases of autoimmune diseases, the body is under constant attack. In other words, it is trying to heal itself but the disease keeps on going. So even if you implanted cells from an identical twin (without the disease) into a person with the disease, the cells would be destroyed all over again because the disease process is likely still there. So to cure the disease, you need to address it's root cause. Before, it was thought that in Type 1 diabetes, for example, all of the beta cells were killed off, the attack was gone, and a transplant would cure the disease. Doesn't seem to be the case. The disease process (for most) is still there.

P.S. If anyone from Big Pharma/TPTB is reading this post, I am just a whacko hippie health nut whom no one would believe anyway. Not to worry, my advice will not help nor cure or treat any disease. Now run along, nothing to see here folks...

Edit: In reading Blue's post, yes Omega 3 EFA is essential for both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes (although the causes are different). You are also very correct about the Vitamin B1. Taking benfothiamine supplements (slow release B1) has shown to reduce or even reverse common diabetic complications. It's used commonly in Germany...good for neurological disorders as well. I also suggest Vitamin C-it may help reduce glycation (or problems from glycation), which essentially is what happens when cells are damaged due to high blood glucose levels.

Oh and while you can most definitely use natural sources of B12, etc. I have found that I require MASSIVE doses (15 mg sublingual) to cause the desired effect. For healing purposes, it would probably be hard to obtain from diet, your own garden for herbs, etc if your disease was advanced and/or severe. I know this would be ideal, but I have found that unless I am taking high dose sublingual supplements, I don't get the effect I need (note that I have an extremely severe form of thyroid disease).

Last edited by oneofthemasses; 26-04-2011 at 04:34 PM.
oneofthemasses is offline   Reply With Quote