Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Hidden Science / Advanced Technology / Top Secret
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 20-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #1
david chow

Default Time Travel

For those who believe in time travel, perhaps you can help me with this..

I do believe in it, but there's something about it that I'm really having trouble even guessing with.

I can understand certain aspects like how it may work, and I'm assuming it would be done in a location that has been remote for a very long time to avoid complications like appearing wedged inbetween a city bus..

What I can't understand though, is how it's possible to pinpoint what year they go back in time. Can anyone give any theories on how this may be possible. This is the problem I have with time travel. How would they be able to choose what year they travel through time to?
david chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #2
quantified_madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by david chow View Post
...I can understand certain aspects like how it may work...
Please clarify? How do you think it may work? There are a few ideas on how it may work that I have heard. Presumably, the specific way in which it works will directly affect the method of how you pinpoint the destination year.

I have heard that events at the microscopic level dont follow the classical sequence of cause and effect. At the quantum level, events that happen in the now, are affected by events that happen in the future. This is considered to be a form of time travel. I dont really understand it, and have no idea how you could get large scale objects (like me) to do it, and even less of an idea how to control the exit point. Or even if classical matter can travel this way.

Using the effects of time dilation in special relativity, if you travel fast enough time will pass slower for you than for others, in effect making you time travel into the future. That would be easy to control the exit point. Just slow down in time for your desired future year.

You said it would probably be done in a remote area to avoid the complication of appearing wedged in between a bus lol. Is this because, as you have travelled through time, everything has now moved when you get back? Because it seems to me that even if you only time traveled for one second, but didn't move through space as well, the earth, sun, galaxy and basically the entire universe will have moved many thousands of miles so you would be more likely to appear in deep space than the No.17. Just imagine, 50 years ago, it wasn't a bus station at that point in space, it was another sun!

There are also ideas involving wormholes that use a tunnel in space-time to move you to a different location instantly. It has been suggested that these wormholes could also be used to travel temporally. Assuming we have the technology to produce a worm hole (which is itself manipulating space-time) then the problem of pinpointing an exit point would become logistical. If we can manipulate space-time in that way, then we would just have to manipulate it to egress at the right point. If you see what i mean.

Quote:
...This is the problem I have with time travel. How would they be able to choose what year they travel through time to?..
Hopefully i've shown that it depends on the method of travel. How exactly do you imagine we can travel through time? Only then can we answer how to control the destination.
Old 25-01-2011, 01:26 PM   #3
wthree

The first guy pretty much summed ot up.

Ideally the most effective form of time travel would be to get passed our inability to move normally backwards through time; by going through other dimensions.

If you imagine a baloon (to use hawkings example) where spacetime is the surface and the other dimensions are the inside. Theoretically we could nove through the center to another part of spacetime. The real question is, whether it would be possible to do such a thing.
Musings of a Transhumanist
http://musingsofatranshumanist.blogspot.co.uk
http://subjectiveevidence.wikispaces.com/
wthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 05:01 AM   #4
ppd343

Quote:
For those who believe in time travel, perhaps you can help me with this..

I do believe in it, but there's something about it that I'm really having trouble even guessing with.

I can understand certain aspects like how it may work, and I'm assuming it would be done in a location that has been remote for a very long time to avoid complications like appearing wedged inbetween a city bus..

What I can't understand though, is how it's possible to pinpoint what year they go back in time. Can anyone give any theories on how this may be possible. This is the problem I have with time travel. How would they be able to choose what year they travel through time to?
The best theory that can be explained is that every point in time has it's own vibrational frequency. You can travel back in time to a certain year by pinpointing that vibrational frequency and locking in on it.
ppd343 is offline   Reply With Quote